General chatter - Manheim Steamroller--to go or not to go.....?

4myloves
11-30-2006, 02:57 PM
OK. You people over in the Christmas thread(s) have peaked my interested. I'd never even heard of Manheim Steamroller until I started reading y'all's posts but now I see that they're going to be in Branson at the same time I'm there.

My mom and I both love Christmas music--I think she even more than I!!

Would the show be worth it?

alinnell
11-30-2006, 03:36 PM
I would recommend it. They've been around for ever (since before I was in high school) and their music is great. I'm not sure how they would rate against TSO (I've been listening to their stuff since Gary (EZMONEY) introduced me). But a concert is ALWAYS good fun!

mandalinn82
11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I'd probably buy a CD or download their music first. Then, if you like it, book the tickets! Downloading a couple songs costs few dollars, and then if you don't care for their music for whatever reason, you'll know before buying the tickets.

A concert is ALWAYS good fun, though, and especially at the holidays! So festive!

Trinity1004
11-30-2006, 04:54 PM
I download my music using LimeWire, their downloads are FREE! Give that a try if you want to check them out before spending your money!

Clydegirl
11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
My husband is listening to them right now. He wants to go see them in St.Louis. They were on PBS the other night and looked really good.

FrouFrou
12-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Of course they are definitely worth seeing! I think even if you listened a CD first you don't quite get the whole effect. The show is AWESOME! And if they ever come here again I WILL be going!

Beach Patrol
12-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Meinheim Steamroller is AWESOME! I would certainly not pass up a chance to see them in concert!

Also, I highly recommend Trans-Siberian Orchestra! - They do "stories" through their music; each CD comes with it's own little story book (plus words to all the songs). And the music itself is truly magnificent. It's kinda a cross between rock, blues & jazz - and if I ever get the chance to see THEM in concert - I'm goin' baby! ;)

wannabsexy
12-01-2006, 05:55 PM
My dh and I went and saw them a couple of years ago for a combination Christmas and Anniversary present. They are absolutely fantastic and the money is definitely well spent. Go, you won't regret it.

happy2bme
12-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I like both and have been a fan of Manheim Steamroller for ages and ages. They are a bit different in their style of music but you are sure to enjoy the concert. Go and have fun! Wish I could see them too.

EZMONEY
12-03-2006, 02:50 AM
Go Go Go Go Go Go Go Go Go Go Go