Old 11-29-2006, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/142/125

Height: 5'4

Default Blue Plan

I didn't know there were different plans on LAWL. I am on the blue plan. Is that the plan where you eat the less? My servings are a lot smaller than say someone on the purple plan........
Julia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:21 PM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I am not the guru on the plan colors, (Cassi???) but yes, there are different plans depending on your weight, lifestyle, and probably breastfeeding. Your weight is lower than mine, and I am on purple, which has some more protein oz per serving. There are other changes along the way too, in number of veggies and I think starches.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue plan is mainly for shift workers or someone with crazy hours. You actually get more portions on blue than you do on purple. If anything is less, it would be the protein servings. Purple gets 6 oz. beef, 8 oz. chicken, 3 eggs, 3 T. peanut butter, when you move to gold, you get 4 oz. beef, 6 oz. chicken, 2 eggs, 2 T. peanut butter.

I'm not real sure on this but if you are breastfeeding and you are hungry, I would say that you need more food. You may want to talk to the manager or most experienced counselor at your center and see if maybe you shouldn't be on red while you are breastfeeding.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

When i was on WW and breastfeeding..........i had an extra 10 points compared to others the same weight. if i figured out the point system correctly....each point is about 50 calories. That is an exta 500 cals a day. I agree with Deb..............you really should not feel hungry on this plan.......and when breastfeeding......if you do not consume enough calories, your milk supply will suffer. I nursed 5 babies, and with my third daughter, I dieted (a little too strictly), and my milk supply was not very good. Also, she was kind of a frail looking baby. That could have been a coincidence, as each child is unique.....I will never really know. I was always told that breast milk will not suffer, even if you are cutting your calories. That simply is NOT true. Our bodies are designed to survive, and it will not sacrifice it's own biological well being for it's offspring.....even if we want it to. So, get all the info you can, and remember......even though I KNOW how bad you want fast results.....your baby will only be a baby for a fraction of your lifetime.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Gold is a step lower in food than Blue. Blue has 1 more starch and a half a protein more than Gold. Protein sizes are the same.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

You may have been put on blue since you have such an erratic schedule with a newborn. However, it doesn't sound like they took your extra calorie needs into account. Are you doing the Lites also? Even without nursing, just by cutting out the Lites (approximately 300-350 calories/day), you would be on Purple, which is 2oz larger protein sizes and one more veggie than gold. I think Deb is probably right about the red.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

And believe me..........getting put on the wrong plan happens. It happened to me. The originally put me on a plan with not enough food. With the advice of these wise ladies, I just asked my counselor (it was not the same one who put me on the wrong plan) and she was appalled. She changed me immediately, and told me that had I stayed on my other plan, I probably would not have lost as well. I have lost 17 lbs in 5 weeks, so I am a firm believer that you need to be eating ENOUGH foods for your metablolism to work right.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/142/125

Height: 5'4

Wow you guys are awesome! Yes I am eating the lites and they're the only good thing about this plan, lol....chocolate!

Well I will talk to the manager because the first 10 lbs I lost was in less than 10 days and I was never hungry than......But I am hungrier now that I've been stuck at 142.

Nicole, you're a champ! Five kids.....
Julia123 is offline   Reply With Quote