100 lb. Club - Need a friend......

View Full Version : Need a friend......

Wannabeskinnymama
11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Hello I'm Lori,

I've been a member on this board since Jan. 2006 ...and at first was doing really well............but then...I slip and slid and just figured what is the use.......
so I'm back here again........and really need to be on here........it does help listening and reading all of the posts.......and does encourage me.

So how can I get off this vicious cycle??

I've been overweight what seems like all of my life.............I'm sure as a baby I was small and cute and tiny.......when my parents let me feed myself and make choices ......I became chubby cute little girl......then ...a chubby older girl/teen/young adult/......and now just plain FAT woman!

Thoughout the years I seem to have tried every diet on the market from ...atkins (back in the olden years:D /to accupuncture/to starving myself and excercising at the same time......
in which at that process I lost 60 pounds and looked ok......not skinny but much better......
began eating again.....and got pregnant.....and gained...about 90 pounds ...
lost some baby fat.....not much...
and have kept being very overweight ever since....

I'm now 48 years old and still 100 pounds overweight...........and I'm not only fat......but the results from being overweight all my known life..........getting sick and tired all the time.

ok that's my story............btw.....I'm married and have 2 children and am a grandma.........my children are grown up.......youngest dd is 15 and we homeschool her.

Now all that being said.............................................. ........

I really would like to lose weight.......not for the fact anymore of being Skinny......cuz that ain't gonna happen...........but for health reasons.....and just wanting to over all feel better physically and feel better about myself.

So ..........that's me in a nut shell! LOL:D

and I need a friend .

Lori

NESunshine
11-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi Lori,
Welcome, this is a great place to be for friends and support. I've only been here for about 3 weeks and the support, encouragement and motivation from reading others posts has been invaluable!

You can do it!

Angel33
11-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi Lori
Boy, I can so relate to just about everything you just said.
I started here back in February of 2006, did really well for the first 6 months, maintained a 30lb weight loss for 3 months, but since Halloween things have been on a down slope.
I too have been overweight for just about my whole life.
I have come to terms that I probally won't ever be skinny, but I too would like to feel better and not be so tired all the time.
I could really use a friend as well to help get back on track.
Thanks for posting, hope to talk to you again.

famograham
11-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Lori...sending you :welcome3: backs and a great big :hug:

Linda :)

Momof2
11-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi...

I think that anyone who can look for a board like this is very motivated... I cant wait to have you on my journey with me as well as all these other women... Good luck... I beleive you can do this!

Nalynn
11-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi Lori,

I can understand everything you feel. The only time I can remember being thin is when I was a baby as well. I have been thinner.... but never thin.

I also have a confession to make... I've been posting on this site for about a week now, but I have yet to make any of the diet or exercise changes that I should. I guess I'm hoping that just being here inspires me so much that suddenly I'll make the changes that I need to. Every day I start with good intentions, but that's usually out the door by 11:00am.

I too need a friend and someone to hold me accountable. What do you think.... should we start this together??

Sheila53
11-29-2006, 04:23 PM
:welcome: back, Lori. If your ticker is any indication, you've done pretty well, and you do know how to lose weight.

One of the reasons I started losing weight was because I didn't want to spend my 50s being overweight, winded, out-of-shape, unhealthy, etc., etc. It's taken me a while to get to where I am, and the biggest thing for me was making a commitment to myself. You can do it--no matter how long it takes. Forget diets and start thinking lifestyle changes. Make big ones or small ones, but make that commitment to changing your eating and exercising habits, and you'll see results. :)

Liliann
11-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Welcome Lori!! You can do it.. Looking forward on seeing you lighter.. Good luck!!

melsfolly
11-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Welcome back Lori! A big majority of us have slipped a time or two and this is a great place to come to when you need help getting back on track! I look forward to seeing more posts from you. :)

Melissa

Michelle
12-03-2006, 12:51 AM
:welcome2: Lori -- This site is really wonderful for support and encouragement. Every time I've had a problem, or just a questions, there has always been someone here who is always so nice and helpful.:hug: