Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Default Anyone else have this problem?

I'm losing some baby weight, and I'm while I've already lost quite a bit, I'm still not there.
My problem is this-I've been watching what I eat and exercising, but since Thanksgiving day I've been taking a break from dieting altogether. I have gained 5 pounds since then! Yes, I've been eating more, and making less healthy choices, but if you do the math I would have had to eat more than 20,000 calories over what I burn in these few days to gain this much-and I know I haven't come anywhere close to that. I'm talking about having snacks that I usually don't, like some chocolate or popcorn-and of course all the usual holiday foods like stuffing, potatos, etc. And this isn't the first time. I vacationed in Mexico this summer, and in 8 days I gained 10 pounds. How is this even possible? Does this mean I'm going to have to eat like a rabbit for the rest of my life?
Does anyone else have a similar problem, and if so, what the ***** do you do?
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

OMG!! I am going through the same thing right now!!

You are probably like me.. eat very light most days but when I want to splurge a little, like thanksgiving, the weight packs on like non-other... doesnt make sense to me either!
I do notice that ever since then I been a bit on the ... not so regular ... and that is causing me to feel really bloated and my clothes fit tight, but other than that I dont get it...

Sorry no help from me, just thought you should know you are not alone!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:42 AM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Couple of possible explanations. Is it your moontime, or near then? Most of us tend to retain water during that time, and we all know water weight is the fastest thing to gain or lose. Also, it could just be that you're bloated, for whatever reason. Probably because of the unhealthy food, rather than the quantity. Your body's gotten used to healthy food, and now it doesn't know what to do with junk, so it's acting funny.

It's most likely not "real" weight. Just get yourself back on-plan, and you'll see it fall right back off.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I do eat pretty light most of the time. I'm horrible about skipping meals because I'm always so busy.
Well, it's not yet my TOM, I'm right in the middle-so that doesn't explain it. I'm getting back on plan tomorrow, and I hope it goes quickly. It took me about a month to lose the 10 pounds I gained in Mexico (in 8 days)-so while that's faster than I usually lose, it hardly makes sense. Water weight should have come off faster I would think, and dang it it's just not fair.
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 AM   #5  

This could have to do with increased sodium intake and the related water retention.
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Water weight!

Less healthy food usually has more sodium. More sodium = more water retention. If you eat clean for a couple of days and really push the water (3-4 liters a day works for me), all of that water retention should drop down. I'd guess the most fat you could have actually gained would be a pound or so.

Water weight doesn't come off very fast if you don't push a ton of water, at least for me. I have to really focus on increasing water intake to lose water weight.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote