General chatter - Does anyone else SNORE ??!?!

View Full Version : Does anyone else SNORE ??!?!

2Bthinagain
11-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Just curious if anyone else snores, and if so a) do you use anything to help with it? like those nose strips, etc? b) how does your partner/spouse sleep with all the noise? and c) have you researched sleep apnea or are you afraid of it?

Thanks!

Candiflip
11-28-2006, 01:38 PM
I snore LOL I think it got worse as I gained weight.
DH said he did not mind so I did not intentionally do anything to help the snoring. But when I went to the dentist and complained about sensitive teeth he made me a night guard so that I don't grind my teeth at night. I guess it keeps my mouth open at night now and dh says I hardly snore anymore.

lilybelle
11-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I snored before losing weight and I still snore. I don't do anything about it. My DH snores really loud and so does my dog. So we have a noisy bedroom.

going to lose 200
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I snore and I went to the Doc and found out that I have sleep apnea. I now sleep with a mask (most nights) and snoring is gone. I feel 1000x more alert as well. If you are tired during the daya nd feel like you havent slept, maybe you should check it out!

Brenda :wave:

alinnell
11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Ummmm, doesn't EVERYBODY snore? I know I do--sometimes wake myself up!! LOL. DH does a lot--especially when he is over tired. I just give him a swift kick when he starts up (otherwise I can't sleep). He doesn't seem to mind!!

Liliann
11-28-2006, 05:43 PM
I snore, as of what my family says. I am going for a sleep test next month..

EZMONEY
11-28-2006, 06:22 PM
ANGIE says I snore, if I drank too much....I can usually tell because she isn't in bed when I get up to potty...but seriously...her too much and MY too much are way different ;)

ZedAus
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
I used to snore before I lost weight, but hubby says I have stopped now. I suppose that is just an added bonus that I never even thought about.

Zelma

willmakeit
11-28-2006, 10:35 PM
I dont know if I snore. DH nevers hears my snores at night. But I do believe that I may have sleep apnoea because I never wake up well-rested. I feel tired and sleepy all day long. I know that apnoea may occur even if u dont snore. I am planning to get a sleep study to know.

2Bthinagain
11-29-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm sure it is a weight thing. I think I used to snore when I was over tired, but once the weight crept on is when it got really bad, and I remember it wasn't even a lot of weight, like the first 20 pounds. But I feel bad for my DH because he can't sleep, when it gets bad he just goes into a guest room :(

I did one sleep study a couple of years ago after child number 1, and the girl said I did not have sleep apnea, yet at the same time I felt like I didn't even sleep that night and the test should have been inconclusive. Maybe I should look into another study? You do have to stay over night right?
My dad sleeps with a breathing machine, but he has COPD..my husbands uncle died of Sleep Apnea a few years ago and he never knew he had it.
I'm sure when the weight comes off the snoring will dwindle...just curious how others viewed their snoring.

I also have a stuffy nose almost every day, but no allergies. I wonder if that has something to do with it too? Maybe I need a spray?

Elaine1951
11-30-2006, 06:54 AM
I snore and I went to the Doc and found out that I have sleep apnea. I now sleep with a mask (most nights) and snoring is gone. I feel 1000x more alert as well. If you are tired during the daya nd feel like you havent slept, maybe you should check it out!

Brenda :wave:

I've been snoring pretty heavy for years. People say I shake walls and suck furniture in when I snore. I could fall asleep anywhere anytime, :dz: I'm always tired. Yes, I will check it out. I probably have sleep apnea too! The mask you have is it expensive if you don't mind me asking.

Brenda, I had a look at your blogspot and when I get a chance today I'm going to read it. I've lived in Toronto all my life except for one period when I was 25 [now I'm 55] in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, then went over to PEI for a summer. Lovely place.

Have to get ready for work.

All the best, Elaine :hug: