UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 26st/12.2st/11st

Height: 5`10

Default do others suffer minor ailments?

since ive had my wls and got down to a more normal weight im always at the docs for something or another wether it be sore throats ,bad chests ,loads of virus`s
yeah im fitter now but ive always got something wrong with me .ive stopped taking all my vits as they said im not deficient in anything and that my bloods are normal
is it my immune system thats shot at or what ive no idea what to do
nuttynurse1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:16 AM   #2  

No layers of flab to protect you?? I could say the thinner you are the more likely you are to feel the cold but a coworker who is around the same size/maybe bigger often feels the cold.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:32 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I've found that since I started exercising and eating plenty of fruits and veggies I don't get sick at all! I've had a couple of days where I feel slightly below par, but I usually manage to fight it off! I've had no colds at all this year and I attribute it all to my healthy eating and exercise

Do you exercise? Do you make sure to get plenty of fruit and veggies and protein (I think this is important too, protein for growth and repair)?

Also (this is just my whacked opinion), how "clean" are you. I'm talking generally around the house. Do you use anti-bacterial this, and clean everything till it sparkles? You see, I am completely the opposite, not exactly a slob... Well ok, I'm a bit of a slob... But I have a twisted opinion that those silly hand-wipe things and that stuff you can get in bottles that they advertise with that snotty woman in the lift. I think those contribute to lowering our resistance of bacteria/disease. So I like a few germs around, they keep me company!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I certainly feel colder than I used to. I hoped that losing the lard would get rid of my hip and back problems but that hasn't happened and certain kinds of exercise make them much worse.

One thing I know for sure, my hair is MUCH thinner/finer than it was a year ago and I also feel that I look older. I don't know why - I drink loads of water, eat lots of fruit & veg, oily fish and lean meats and I also take vitamin, iron and omega supplements, so its a bit of a mystery.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

Oh - meant to say - losing the lard has completely solved my menopause symptoms - or maybe they would have gone by now anyway. Either way its such a relief not to have those hot flushes!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #6  

OOH Sarah Ann - you've given me hope re menopause but I guess if you eat Omega stuff and oily fish that would help- re looking older - a fat face plumps out lines so maybe that is what is happening as your face gets thinner. I have a long way to go on that count with my 3 chins!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Last year I felt cold but this year not so much at the moment... So there is hope that your body gets used to it
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

Peacock - have you tried the soya supplements yet? They worked for me beautifully although I know they don't suit everyone.

Frus - I don't mind feeling colder - I'm actually now in the same heat zone as everyone else. I used to have the central heating thermastat set to 15c and I was still always hot - poor DH used to have to wear thick jumpers all the time. At least nowadays I can go out for a meal or to someone's house and not feel like I'm going to pass out with the heat.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #9  

Yes Sarah - I was nearly rattling with em all - I took Soya stuff, a multi vit and mineral supplement, Evening Primrose iquid and red clover. It seemed to work but when I went back on the BP tablets I no longer took them I need to chat to the doc to see if it is ok to take everything.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

Yes, you should ask first, but I wouldn't think soya as a food would clash with BP meds. Tofu, the beans in a casserole, soya milk, soya yoghurts that kind of thing.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #11  

It's true when you get over 30 you choose between you face and your arse, i lost a couple of chins and gained some lines. Fish oils have helped me and B complex vits, and the odd handful of unsalted nuts and seeds, seemed to perk up my skin and hair, after losing some after I had my baby.
bigbonedlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #12  
Consistency + Balance

I waved goodbye to 30 a lot of years ago....

I found that after I turned 35 I looked pretty much the same until this last diet then all those years of yoyo dieting caught up with me and showed in my face and now I look my age. Up until I started this diet I could always pass for 10 years younger - thats how I ended up with DH - I was 40 and looked 30 and he was 34 and looked older - that ol' George Clooney hair thing. Ah well... I always liked 'em young - the one before him was 10 years younger than me
Old 11-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

No ailments here but I do feel the cold now.

Michele

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 9 stone 7lbs
GW 8 stone 13 lbs
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #14  

I am always cold now, I used to always be hot.

I think the best thing for my immune system has been becoming a teacher. I get one bad cold at the beginning of the year and then I seem to be fine (knock on wood). I get germs breathed on me all day, my kids do not have the social graces of how to be sick, and at least one seems to be hacking every day. Overall I think my body is learning to always be fighting something.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #15  

I've started to feel the cold more since I lose weight. Goodness know what I'll be like when I reach target!!
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote