Old 11-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #1  
Brandi

S/C/G: 260/145

Height: 5'4"

Question Just need some help

I am ready to lose weight it, seems like it was put on overnight and I am ready to shed the lbs.!!!! I only need a little help doing so. I am trying to see if I can find someone about the same weight to get together with via internet/mail, etc. to encourage each other to loose some weight. I am kinda at a loss right now, I am not sure what to do to lose weight... So if anyone is intrested please let me know, It'll be great!
brandibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

Welcome Brandi! You've come to the right place if your'e looking for support. We're about the same weight right now only I'm a little shorter.. lol. Have you set a goal weight or are you just losing until you feel comfortable? Feel free to PM me anytime.. BTW.. I'm Amy
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Hi Brandi...

We are all here for you... same weight or not.
Let me know if you need anything.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

trns said it best... we are all here for eachother, same weight or not! Thats what makes this little online community so wonderful... we are all dealing with the same issues! Look around, meet friends. Its a positive place to come to!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm pretty close to you...5'5" and currently at 227. Do you have any ideas on what plan might work into your lifestyle? I had tried everything in the book before and have now started counting calories (and tracking everything on fitday) I've finally come to terms with the fact that the only way that I'm gonna be able to lose weight and stay healthy is to do something that I will be able to stick with for life. I haven't cut out anything compleatly but have made modifications. I'm weighing and measuring portions to try to re-train myself to know what a portion actually is. I've switched things like pasta from regular to whole wheat, same with bread and rice. I've also started making sure I get enough water every day and making sure I get all my nutritional needs met (by choosing healthy foods and with a little help from a multi vitiman) About a week and a half ago I went back to the gym as well.
So far it is paying off, I'm sleeping better and have more energy and I'm steadily losing weight...a couple of pounds a week.

We are all here to help you! There are so many ways and plans out there you just need to look into them and find out what will work best for you and your lifestyle. This is a wonderful place for support and encouragement!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #6  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Hey Brandi! Congratulations on taking the first step
I see we are in the same weight category, although I have about 20lbs on you

You can find a lot of support groups that can cater to your needs throughout the forum. A couple of us recently started one that does not specifically focus on weight loss, but a healthier lifestyle in general. We believe that if you eat right, control portions, and exercise, then the weight should come off like an added bonus! You can get to that support group by clicking the image in my signature ("Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks").

It might help to start by decided by which method you want to lose this weight. Will you be joining a diet (like weight watchers, etc), just calorie counting, or etc etc. Once you've got that decided, then it's a good time to sit down and set up some goals. I like to stay away from the goal of "losing x amount of lbs in x amount of time." Reason being is if I don't lose that weight in the specified amount of time, it hurts my ego, and I tend to slip up or completely give up trying. By setting mini goals (like our monthly fitness challenges, or monthly weigh challenges), getting to the finish line can sometimes fly by!

Good luck, and we're happy to have you!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote