Old 11-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.4/ 186/ 150

Height: 5'5"

Talking La Works!!!

I have been on LA now for about a month. Yesterday I went in to be measured for my 1 month update... AMAZING! I have lost 15 pounds and 9 inches! Of those, 6 inches were from my waist. 1 Month ago my waist was larger than my chest, and now I have a waistline again.

I use other protien shakes and bars, not theirs. But other than that, I stick 100% to the Purple plan. I do enjoy wine, I just take the deduction in my fruit.

I do not think there is any "magic" to this. I truly believe that it is the accountability that keeps me focused. I KNOW that what I choose to eat today will show up on the scales at next weighin. I usuallyweigh every Monday, THursday and Saturday. This works well for me. It keeps me on track over the weekend.
imapaigeturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #2  
LAWL since October, 2006

Wow Paige,
That is an amazing loss of inches and weight!!
I too, find that it's the accountability factor that keeps me going. I have found in the past that I give up around week 3-4, (on ww or any other program) because it seems to take that long for my body to catch on that it's time to lose weight. When I haven't lost any (or just a little) weight in 3 or 4 whole weeks of trying, I get discouraged and give up. This time I haven't given up, and around week 5 was when the scales started to show much difference. (I'm in week 7 now)

You should be soooo proud of yourself! You CAN do it. You have proven that already.
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #3  

Thanks Makena,

I have always had a hard time "sticking to it" as well. I also think the money back and the money paid out helps. I can't AFFORD to not lose the weight. FOR a whole slew of reasons! I am in my 40's, my mother is diabetic, high blood pressure, my father has heart disease and high cholesterol... I am just a medical meltdown waiting to happen!!!

I would LOVE to be able to enjoy shopping for clothes, not just shoes and purses!

I recently returned back to school to finish a degree I started 20 years ago, it is just the right time for me to move forward and make positive changes in my life and getting healthy is one of them.

You are doing great too! As far as I am concerned, a pound less is a pound less, and that is great, I celebrate EVERY pound I say goodbye to.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Paige....do you have wine every nite....I think I would gladly give up fruit days a week for a couple of glasses of wine..I should try it one week to see how I do///////sounds kinda fun..nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #5  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I drink my wine 3-4 times a week. I give up a fruit for it. I also drink the same amount of wine in water (on top of the 10 glasses I drink a day) during the day. That is what I do.

I am glad to see that this is working for you! Keep up the good work!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #6  

I do have wine 4-5 times a week... in place of fruit, and LOTS of water the next day. I really enjoy a glass of wine in the evening with my Honey. We have been collecting wine for a long time, and we belong to 3 wine clubs, I will not give that up to lose weight. I just have to work a little harder to lose the weight.

I am looking forward to my next month. I started my month #2 today. I have a goal that by Christmas I will be 179. I will drink my wine all the way to Christmas day!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #7  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I agree with you. I dont want to give up the wine either. I just have lots of water and I drink a real glass instead of a 'barb' glass LOL
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapaigeturner View Post
I would LOVE to be able to enjoy shopping for clothes, not just shoes and purses!
Shoes are always your friend, no matter what you weigh!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote