Old 11-25-2006, 02:50 PM   #1  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Default Platue?

Morning!
I am thinking that I have hit a platue.. and was wondering for anyone that has been though one how you get through it and get past it to get back to losing weight again?

Thanks!
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #2  
FBD/8-18-08

Candice - That's when Dh's COD recommends TO... to get past a plateau... I know some of the ladies here have tried adjusting their menu to the least amount of "stay with you" stuff - eating primarily fish, tuna, and chicken. Some adjust their weight... I'm sure someone out there will respond, I just didn't want you to think no one was here for ya today!!!
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #3  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

Candice, How long has it been since the scale moved?
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #4  
Candice on LAWL

Thank you pearl.
Actually I did the TO last weekend and that is when I lost 4#'s the scale went down to 199.8.. I was sooooo happy! Then it jumped back up for WI on Friday. Very depressing!
Holly, The scale is still moving a little but going up & down. three weeks ago I only lost 1.2 pounds then last week I lost exactly 1 pound.. then I did TO during the weekend lost 4 pound then gained it all back some how being OP .. I NEVER go Off plan! by the time WI at the center came by on Friday so I only lost .6# in a week according to LAWL.
Before these last few weeks I was doing great! Losing 2.5-3 pounds a week. I am getting so fustrated and sad I don't know what to do.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #5  
Candice on LAWL

oh and about the fish.. I don't like fish. The only fish I can eat is canned tuna.. I am actually eating it right now LOLOL
But as far as fresh fish I just can't stand it! I don't mind shrimp.
I eat chicken for dinner about 3-4 times a weeks. So I think I am doing good there.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #6  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Candice- You haven't hit a plateau yet. You have lost almost 10 lbs. per month. You cannot go on forever losing that amount. Your body may just need a little time to catch up. It has to get used to the new you. Patience is the best thing right now. I lost 20 lbs. in about 5 1/2 weeks when I started, then WHAM, I didn't lose an oz. for 5 weeks. I stayed POP for that whole 5 weeks and was getting extremely frustrated. Then all of the sudden, I had a big loss and then started losing regularly again.

When you do TO you have to be very careful about what you eat for the next 4-5 days after TO. You have to eat really light and watch the condiments for the TO weight to stick. I never did TO for the first 5 months of LAWL.

In the meantime, I would suggest upping your water by 2 glasses. Eat lighter starches, no bagels, potatoes, etc. Watch your condiments. Make sure you are measuring and weighing everything.

Mainly, don't get discouraged about the scale so much. How are your clothes fitting?? I bet that you've gone down a couple of sizes. Don't let the scale tell you how successful you are. Your clothes and better health should be your guide to your success. This month, I will be lucky if I have lost 5 lbs., but I know I am still losing inches because my clothes are getting looser. Keep your chin up and keep the faith. It will come off.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #7  
Candice on LAWL

Thank you Deb for answering!
I was worried that the Lite salad dressing might be what is causing me to lose less to I stopped eating salads today. I started eating salads and that was about the time I started losing less.
That is pretty much the only condiment I was eating everyday other then cooking spray for cooking my meat for dinner which I have been using since the beginning.
I know I sound like I am whining but to me it is just frustrating and in my head I keep trying to figure out why why why I am losing less.
About increasing the water, LOL I don't think I need to increase that I drink at least 6L a day :P That is all I drink all day long and it keeps me from snacking.
Thank you again for answering it really means alot and I will try to think about this less.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Deb gave you great advice. Your body just needs to get used to itself. It's a waiting game, and you just have to wait it out.

When I was slowing down, I kept the phrase "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" in my head. I decided to give my body "honey" (special yummy teas as a treat, staying OP, eating lighter choices), and knew that eventually my body would cooperate, which it did.

One other suggestion would be to change up your menu. If you have been eating the same thing for awhile, your body may be used to it. Varying your choices sometimes starts things.

Hang in there and good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote