Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #172 Bale of Turtles Celebrating Life

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 11-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I survived Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I got up at 3:30 and went all day and crashed last night about 10:30. I didn't get to my homework like I had planned. So today I'm trying to get it done and housework done but the girls just won't leave me alone. I find it hard to concentrate. Maybe I'll just have to try to read my history book and be done with it. We're down to the wire...I only have 2 more weeks of school left. Halleluah!!!!

Well back to finding out what the latest kiddie crisis is. Their rooms are disasters and they are fighting me every itch of the way because they don't want to....

chris
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday all!

Morning everyone! How was your holiday? Ours went really well and was very relaxing...

Went to W/I on Saturday morning and was very surprised to see that I was actually down .4 lbs... I was expecting a gain of some sort since I ate more salt then normal and even though I did not over eat on Thanksgiving I did eat things that I don't normally eat so I felt off track... if that makes sense but I was down a little and I will take it!

I have to run to a doctors appointment but will check back later on.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #4  
Chick

Oh Princess,
You are really on a roll! Weigh to go! :. I am going upstairs to weigh myself now. I did well for most of these past days, but yesterday I got anxious/emotional/worried and ate more than I should have.
Love,
Judy
Thanks for the inspiration
Old 11-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #5  

Default Happy Tuesday all!

I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing.

Judy: How did your W/I go?

Ariana: how are you doing?

Chris:Good job on the shopping! I went out Friday morning also but did not do near as well as I did last year.

Bandit: How are you doing?

I have to run but will check back later on.
Susan
Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I am in a very good place. By shopping like crazy on a few days in November and putting my thanksgiving feast preparations in focus, I have accomplished a lot. It makes me feel great. No, I haven't made pj's for anyone, but now I think I might be able to start on a Christmas afghan quilt. I'll see. I have the fabric and need to consider if I have the time to get the stuff out and start the project. It's also a great project for post-Christmas January. Hmmm. I'll think about it. In the meantime, I'm fine. I am on track. My tracker is going up so that when I go off Core, I can track my points and stay OP. Very important. My WI was very successful for me! I only gained .6# this week. I know I can knock that off. My goal for this week is to lose 1.6#. I know I can do that if I'm vigilant. Yay!

The way I will do that is to plan and prepare, have plenty of water drinks, and exercise a tiny bit each day. Anybody want to set up a Christmas challenge.

Here goes:
My Christmas Challenge:
By Christmas I will have lost 3# and exercised at least 2X a week.

Good luck everybody.
Princess, again--fabulous
Chrily, school's almost over for this semester--think of how bright your future will be with a degree!
Ariana--how are you?
Bandit--hope all goes well!
Judy
Old 11-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #7  

I will post a Christmas Challange although I normally don't do very well but I will give it my best shot...

I would like to lose a pound a week by Christmas so I guess that would be 4 #'s as of the 23rd which is my last W/I before Christmas day.

Great idea Judy! And you did great by the way! .6 is great for a holiday week!

Susan
Old 11-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #8  

Ladies: Good afternoon. Sorry that I have been incognito. I was on vacation from Tuesday afternoon until Sunday, and then I spent Monday and Tuesday catching up like crazy at work. Unfortunately, my body picked this week to get sick -- I was sick from Tuesday to Monday, but I'm almost fully recovered now. I've been told you're not supposed to work out when you're sick, and I didn't really have the energy. Add to that, I was feeling sick the week before, when I first got back from Colorado (due to the environment change), so I'm not even stepping on the scale this week. At all. I managed to walk for 30 minutes on the treadmill last night, so that's a start, and I'm going to do 30 minutes on the Precor today (harder), then an hour on the Precor, maybe take a class Friday. By Monday I should be back to normal, and I'll weigh in again next Wednesday. I know that these are extroardinary circumstances -- basically being sick two weeks in a row -- but I don't want to get disheartened. On the food front, I didn't pay too much attention to points, but I didn't eat as much as I did last year when I went home for Thanksgiving, and I had a good breakfast each morning. We'll see what next week brings. Starting next week, when I should be fully well again, I'm going to try doing spinning T/Th and a weight lifting class M/W. I did the weight training class when I was in Colorado, and it's good exercise, and a change from using the machines, and spinning, well, spinning is tough, but I'm going to try, and if I can only do 30 minutes at first, and I have to build up to an hour, that's fine too. The spinning teacher at Bally's has lost 10 dress sizes (from a 22 to a 12, or a 20 to a 10, something like that.)

It was at least nice to see my family and my best friend. I'm glad to hear that everyone's thanksgiving went well. I'll try to be more regular in my postings -- I'm not leaving town again until the Thursday before Christmas.

Chrily: Noticing when you overeat, and figuring out why is very important. I would tell you, don't eat more so that you won't be hungry later. Eat just enough to feel full and stop. The food will be there later! And if you find yourself out and about, and you get hungry often, start bringing a piece of fruit with you, or a "sawdust bar" as I call them -- All Bran bars -- not very tasty, but I believe they're only 1.5 points or something like that, and they are very filling. Oh, and yes, I'm making PJ's for my Mom. Re Black Friday -- crazy! I finished my shopping that day (and then remembered I had forgotten someone, so I finished it again last night. ) but I shopped only from the comfort of my home. Maybe next year I'll go black friday shopping. It's just so crazy. Sorry you are having trouble with the kids.

Susan: Thank you -- I am sure Mom will love them too, especially since she has a pair made from the same fabric that I shrunk out of (that's the opposite of grew out of ) and she loves them. Wait -- warming up to the 50's? It's been in the 70's here, maybe warmer for ages. Congrats on the WL! Good luck on your challenge.

Judy: congrats on the WL! Oh, that's definitely one of the two main reasons I sew -- to reduce my stress, and because I enjoy it. Just start doing it to reduce your stress in general, and especially when you feel tempted to stress-eat, and it will become a habit, and in time, your body will even crave the relaxation it gets that way, and it will be MUCH easier to turn down the goodies you would have eaten instead. I actually find myself craving an afternoon of sewing, instead of junk food (okay, when it gets really bad I still crave junk food, but only when it's really bad, and no one's perfect.) Hmm. What do you mean, your tracker is up? <puzzled> .6 is not bad at all for Thanksgiving week.

Anyway, back to work, ladies.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #9  
Chick

-Hi Ariana,
Glad you had a chance to post. Sorry about the sick two weeks--not fun, but you've got it all together. Way to go! What I meant about my tracker is up is that I put the paper that I get from WW's each week on my fridge. It helps me keep "track" of the points I use throughout the week that depart from the list of Core foods that I intake. So, if I have a slice of one point bread as part of my breakfast, I'll cross out one point on my "tracker". When I use up 35 of them, that's it--no more points available until the next WI.
Judy
Old 11-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #10  

Default Happy Thursday All!

Oh my goodness can you say gloomy? It is so gloomy here today it is just one of those ideal days to stay home, rent movies and eat popcorn! But you know there is that little thing called the paycheck that keeps me coming in even on gloomy, rainy days like today. I really need to work on hitting the lottery

How is everyone doing today?

Ariana: Glad to hear you and finally feeling better.. being that sick for so long is just crummy!

Judy: You are doing so great! I know you will just sail thru the holidays!

Chris: How are you doing?

Bandit: What is new with you?

Have to run,
Susan
Old 11-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #11  

Ladies: Good afternoon. Nothing to report, really. I skipped my WI, I'll start up again next week. Tonight, I'm going to do all of the house chores I have left, so that tomorrow I can just work out, get some take out and make it an early night. I'm still kind of worn out after being sick, but I did at least make it to the gym 3x this week.

BTW, if anyone bought the WW magazine this month and was thinking about making the 3-in-1 (make oen recipe, use part of that for the next two recipes) meatloaf/stroganoff/mediterranean potato pie recipe, the potato pie recipe is LOUSY. I'm eating it now. Blech. <snerk> Just issuing a general warning.

Anyway, any plans for the weekend? This weekend, I've organized a group of 11 to pool our cash and get angels from the Salvation Army Angel Tree, and buy presents with our cash. Saturday night, I'm going to a friend's house to watch two Monty Python movies, and I'm going to breakfast with a friend Sunday, then we'll play games for a while afterwards (Rummykub -- I'm addicted.) What do you ladies have planned?

Judy: Thanks. I appreciate the sympathy. RE the tracker: Oh! That makes more sense.

Susan: LOL! I know what you mean. Yesterday, for the first time in ages, it was sharply, bitterly cold -- or at least, the AZ version of sharply, bitterly cold -- it's 46 degrees here. I heard it's 0 degrees in Colorado, so I shouldn't complain, but I'm not used to it. All the same, it would be great to be home, in my PJ's, quilting and watching X-files. Thanks for the sympathy -- I know, my timing is abysmal. Let's just hope that I'm okay during Christmas.

Alright, back to work. Have a good day, all!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #12  
Chick

Dear Bale of Turtles,
Well, all goes well here. Went to book club yesterday and then to dd's last night. Had pizza--pointed out--and for lunch I stayed on Core except for a tiny bit of dressing with my fish and I have pointed that out. /Wec checked out our big Christmas Tree in a plaza on LI in NY, but although the tree was up, it hasn't been "officially lighted", so we weren't able to get close. We'll try again. No plans for the weekend, but I'm sure that will change soon!
Ariana, I love your plans with your friends and the angels. What a wonderful giving idea. Good for you.
Gotta run to the dentist. just wanted to keep in touch as we go into the weekend.
Everyone: drink lots of water, exercise, and eat right. It's worth it and we're worth it!
Judy
Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #13  

Default Happy Friday

Friday is here! My favorite day of the work week

Ariana: I sure hope you get to feeling better. 46 is pretty cold for your neck of the woods! I hope it warms up a bit for you!

Judy: So do you live in NY-city? That must be really nice to be able to see the tree up close so I hope you get to view it soon.

Chris: Are you getting the snow, sleet and high winds up your way? We sure are here... it has finally hit the freezing mark so I guess this rain will be changing over to snow really soon... Peachy! always makes for a wonderful trip home in Friday rush hour

Bandit: What have you been up to lately?

Well I went back to the dentist this morning to have the temp filling taken out and a perm one put back in... now my mouth hurts again so that is not good but I am just ready to get this all behind me and enjoy the upcoming holiday season.

I have to run errands on my lunch break so I had better get off of here but take care everyone!

Susan
Old 12-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

You all must think I'm abandoning you girls. Just been so stinkin busy. I went out last friday and joined all the other crazy ladies at 4 am. NUTS! I only managed to get my girls bought for. Usually I only get them half done so I felt good about that. The rest of the family is hard because I never know what to buy....

Anyhow...Susan we are coming out of the "deep freeze". We were below zero for a few days and talk about not being ready for winter. Today its above zero but still have white stuff on the ground. I like the winter, just not the cold part of it.

I'm working on me a bit. I actually walked on the treadmill 2 times in the last 3 days. Trying to not overstuff. My jeans are tight and I'm miserable. I let it get too out of control. Now I have to do damage control...again.

What's on for the weekend? My usual here. Homework, basketball games (thank GOd this is the last week for that). I have finals next week and the following week and then I AM DONE with school for a month. Gotta like that. I won't know what to do with myself. I take that back..yes I do. I'll work on me!

Still have to squeeze in time to try to make some jammie bottoms for the girls, and a tote bag for my sis in law in time for Xmas. I better get busy.

Off to the races. Gotta go to the bank and then go shopping for myself. I dread buying jeans. I didn't want to because I see it as a waste of money but mine are too worn out. But hubby, bless him, said go buy the pants, "so what if you haven't lost the weight yet. You get skinny..just sell them later. I'ts not a waste to feel better about how you look. " He drives me nuts some days but he makes more sense than me sometimes.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #15  

Ladies:

Good afternoon. I'm done with my Christmas shopping (did I mention that? ) And I only have one present to mail, and a few cards to do. I did my house chores last night, and my kitchen is clean, the apartment is neat...I just have to do ironing and paperwork tomorrow (and perhaps tonight, we'll see.) Then you know about my plans Saturday. My jeans are uncomfortably tight today, so I hope I haven't gained a significant amount of weight -- I think I just shrank the d*mn things, since everything else fits fine and I've been so monstrously hungry the last few days. We'll see Wednesday. There are bound to be some side effects from being sick and not being able to work out for two weeks...I'm just hoping I can lose whatever I've gained before my next WI. We'll see. Anyway, nothing else is new. Have a great weekend!

Judy: Glad that you are keeping such close track of your points items. I may have to try core to shake things up as I get close to goal -- I'm 2/3rds of the way there, and I have a feeling that I will need to shake things up again, and change my strategy before I get there. If I do go core, I will need your reccomendations, and I'll keep all of your tips so far in mind. ;D Re Angel Trees: Thank you! I've done it once before, when I was a teenager (my sister and I put together our Christmas money for each other and bought gifts for the kids instead), but I'm looking forward to doing it again. I have a feeling that it may become an annual tradition. Have a good weekend, and thank you for touching base!

Susan: I am feeling much better actually. Almost completely well. It lasted for more than a week, but it's almost gone now. Re the weather: I actually *like* it this way. I've lived in AZ since I was 4 -- 23 years now -- and the heat is such a constant that I relish the change of the cold weather. We actually had a freeze last night, that's unusual, and my neighbors, who moved here from Vermont in August are saying they want a refund. But I like it -- I wouldn't want it all the time -- but it's a nice change. Sorry you're not feeling well. ;(

Chris: No, we know you're busy. Just try and touch base once a day, 15 minutes...I find that it helps. Congrats on getting on the treadmill 2x! Yes, you could spend the extra time working on you.
Closed Thread