General chatter - Creative Recipies for Leftover Turkey

jules1216
11-22-2006, 02:28 PM
What's yours.....

cbmare
11-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I mince some of the turkey, mix it with minced green onion, a bit of minced shallot, minced garlic and ginger and a few drops of sesame oil. Adjust S&P at this point. Place on a won ton skin and fold. Then I freeze them on a cookie sheet and place the individual won tons in a freezer bag.

These are great to add to broth (made from the turkey) with veggies for a turkey won ton soup. You can fry them as well if you eat fried food.

Also, egg flower soup made from the broth.

Tisha___
11-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Mine's easy...

2 slices of fresh white bread
1 tablespoon of Miracle Whip
LOADS of yummy turkey

Put the mayo and the turkey on one slice of bread, put other slice of bread on top and enjoy! :D

;)

707Goddess
11-22-2006, 06:28 PM
LOL tisha

jules1216
11-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey Tisha-I think I have that one already;)

Mare--that one sounds really good

I am sending alot of leftovers home with my kids, but hubby always wants to keep some--I want to do something other than turkey noodle soup or sandwiches.

luvhilndr
11-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I have one that takes care of two (or three) leftovers at the same time:

Leftover Turkey Casserole

1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. mixed vegetables (use leftover or frozen mixed veggies)
1 box prepared stuffing (or use leftover stuffing instead)
1 to 2 c. leftover turkey

In medium mixing bowl, combine soup and milk. Mix in veggies and turkey; Pour into greased (w/Pam) 9-inch square pan.

Prepare stuffing according to directions on box and spoon over turkey mixture.

Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

Mom2QJandT
11-24-2006, 10:39 PM
We make "Bird Salad" you can do it with chicken or turkey. There is no real recipie, just dice the turkey, add some halved red grapes, chopped pecans, and enough Mayo (not Miracle Whip - yuck) to make it stick together. I made it with fat free mayo and it was still pretty good!

Tisha - - I love that recipie! I bet you can get rid of leftover ham that way too!!

Sakai
11-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Tonight we have Turkey pot pie
some chopped turkey
mixed vegtables
turkey gravy
all mixed up and put in a 9 inch pie shell
cook at 350 F for 1 hour