Exercise! - Anyone try Push.tv?

View Full Version : Anyone try Push.tv?

Chal
11-21-2006, 09:42 PM
I remember seeing back in August a promotion on here for Push.tv... the "system" that allows you to workout with a trainer by DVD's sent to your home, and apparently customized. I was wondering if anyone did try it, and what they thought of it. I was considering it, however, I would like some feedback from as many people as possible, before handing over any cash.

Ottoette
01-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I hope you haven't signed up. I think there are some people who like it, but as a brave beginner, I thought it was too hard and too long a pause between "customized" exercises. Basically, they have recorded a zillion exercises with the various trainers and they patch them together differently each month.
My biggest complaint is that you were supposed to be able to cancel with just an email and I have been trying for a while to get cancelled and they just keep charging my credit card. Calling the credit card company next.
Good luck - I think the Biggest Loser workout DVD is better -- and cheaper.

Ottoette
01-05-2007, 07:01 AM
To be fair - I heard from them yesterday and they refunded me the month 4 DVD. They had an excuse, unlikely as it may be, but they did get back to me promptly after leaving a phone message.

bravissima82
01-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I just got my PUSH DVDs in the mail today. I have Bob Harper for my trainer and Petra Kolber for the cardio. I was so excited to get them, I did both workouts in a row and boy am I tired!!!!! I really like the workouts, and Bob Harper is especially great with the strength training. I couldn't hold some of the positions for as long as you are supposed to, but he said, "That's okay if you can't hold it for this long, just do what you can." Even though it's just a video, that made me feel better about it!

Petra's "The Low Down" is a great workout. I am totally new to workout videos, so I don't know anything. But I was sweating like crazy after about 5 minutes! I didn't feel like I was going to die or anything though. I thought she could have gone a little slower at the beginning, and I paused the video a couple times to figure out what I was supposed to be doing with my feet! She kept saying "grapevine", and I was going, "I don't know what you want me to do!!!!" (I finally figured out what the grapevine step is, but I still can't do it correctly.) By the end of the workout, though, I was getting most of the steps and I know once I do it for a month, I will have gotten the hang of it.

I really really like the Push DVDs, and I would probably recommend them to others. My only concern is with the price--would I get more "value" if I went out and bought $25 worth of different workout DVDs each month? I don't know. That's a lot of money every month and it seems like you could find something comparable for that price. On the other hand, a collection of random workout videos would not have the "scope and sequence" that the Push DVDs have as a set.

Anyways, just my opinion. I would love to hear more discussion from those who have used Push (and recommendation on what cardio to do next month!!)

Michele L
01-07-2007, 10:53 AM
I won a 6 month subscription from this site and did NOT like them at all! Petra's Low Down was OK, but the rest were just too difficult, even for someone used to doing 3 or 4 miles at a time! I am cancelling after I get my 6th month.