WW Clubs and Groups - Fab & Fit 40's-50's #183

View Full Version : Fab & Fit 40's-50's #183

Jenny523
11-21-2006, 10:02 PM
The last thread was waaayy too long!!!

Congrats, Susan, on the loss and reaching past your half-way mark! :cb:
You're doing so well and I'm proud of you! :cp:

Will be back later, and probably over the weekend. Tomorrow evening is one of my favorite nights of the year.....cooking and watching It's a Wonderful Life.....oh yeah!!!!

luv you all,
~Jen

:thanks1:

dpadro
11-22-2006, 03:45 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY BUDDIES!!!

Have a great day and great weekend. I'm off after today until December 6 for THE WEDDING, my birthday, etc. I'm getting excited now - 10days to go!

I give thanks for all my blessings and you guys are counted in as one, well.... more than one, you know what I mean, lol. Seriously, I appreciate all of you!

Love,
Dianne

CONGRATS Susan! Great loss.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Good luck Dianne! It will be FANTASTIC!!!!!

Luv y'all,
Terri

CarebearsChris
11-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Ooops I some how lost the jump from one thread to another. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. DH and I had a nice quiet day..just the 2 of us. I made a point friendly dinner...changing up some of the old high point foods to some nice new low point versions.

Yesterday was our 5th anniversary. Didn't do anything special...we had to bowl and I don't really like eating out any more. If I eat out I don't feel like I can control the meal and the points.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Princess1122
11-27-2006, 01:19 PM
I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing... I hope that everyone had a great holiday.

We had a nice holiday and a wonderful couple of days off from work. W/I went really well for me on Saturday.. I was down .4 lbs... not much but I will take it and not complain a bit !!!

I have to run but will stop back later one.
Susan

Happy Anniversary Chris!!!!!

Glad y'all had a great day! Ours was very traditional. Very nice.
I think it is absolutely my favorite day!!!!!!

Love y'all!
Terri

CarebearsChris
11-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks, Terri. We had a great day.

WI was Sunday and I am now 260 that is a total of 34 pounds. I made my Thanksgiving goal and my TBL goal.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Princess1122
11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Good job Chris! I am so happy for you! There is nothing like making your goals and getting smaller :D

Susan

CarebearsChris
11-28-2006, 02:21 PM
To me making the smaller goals and making them is fun. I never thought I would say lossing weight is fun...but it is. Not to mention all the online friends I have meant.

Jenny523
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Susan,
Good going! To be down after a major food holiday like Thanksgiving is an accomplishment. :cp: Congrats on the discipline.

Chris,
Happy Anniversary and good going on the weight control. You're doing an awesome job. :cb:

Dianne,
Only 4 days to go! :yikes: I KNOW you're hanging in there and have everything under control. Please remember to
Relax! Enjoy! and Remember! it all goes by so quickly.
Let us in on the details!

luv,
Jen

CarebearsChris
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I may not be here as much the next couple of days. A dear friend, Mikie, who bowled on DH's Wednesday night team passed away Monday. A little over a year ago he was found to have prostrate cancer. Prostrate was removed and he was told they got it all. He had monthly visits to the doctors. Late March or early April, he started complaining of a back ache. The cancer had spread and was all up and down his spine. He was pretty much told it was fatal but they tried experimental chemo. The chemo weakened his heart and about a month ago he had a heart attack. Doctors told him he could no longer undergo chemo and that it was just a matter of time. Visitation is this morning and funeral is tomorrow. Mikie did everything for his wife. He spoiled her and she will be the first to admit it. I saw them both 2 weeks ago at the gas station. Mikie was teaching Linda how to pump gas. Even though we all knew this day was coming Linda is taking it real hard. Another wife of a bowler on that team and I are going to see to it that Linda eats today (we have been told she hasn't eaten since Monday morning and she is diabetic). All we can do now is to be there for Linda and help her as much as we can.

Princess1122
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Chris: I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend... taking care of his widow is the best way to honor him so you have a truly good friend! Best wishes!

All: I hope that you are having a productive day. It is rainy here today and gloomy... we are supposed to have snow Thursday night so that will make the drive into work on Friday morning fun. I like the snow and don't mind driving in it is just dealing with the traffic and everything else that comes along with the snow :D

Have a great day!
Susan

CarebearsChris
11-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks Susan. I am home now for a little while. As I figured Linda hadn't eaten breakfast. We made you eat this afternoon and will see to it that she eats dinner as well. She is holding up better than I thought she would. She would break down every on and again when talking about a memory. Then out of the blue she just broke down. We tried to consule her. Finally she said how am I going to get the things done around the house and the car looked after. Guess it was meant for her to worry about it at that moment. My DH is a mechanic and my friend's, Kathy, hubby is a building contractor. We assured her they were just a phone call away. We made sure she had our numbers in her purse before we left. Tomorrow is the funeral. Mikie and Linda had no children. The only living relative Mikie has is an aunt. Kathy stated in a week or so she will call Linda and invite her for Christmas. I hope she takes Kathy up on that so she isn't alone.

Jenny523
11-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Linda is blessed with people who care about her. It's especially difficult at this time of year.

I think I may have had Alana's wedding date wrong in my mind...is it on Dec. 9?

later,
~Jen

decemberdianne
11-30-2006, 03:24 AM
Hi everyone:

Chris, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. His wife will definitely appreciate the efforts of you and your friend Kathy.

Jen - NO, YOU HAD IT RIGHT - DECEMBER 2nd :yikes:: Since I'm writing this at 2:17 a.m. on Thursday, 11/30, the wedding is now 2 days away! I am hanging in there and actually glad to be busy and running around, so I don't have much time to think of my baby girl leaving:( I'm excited and happy for them though. My son Steven is coming in from Florida early this afternoon. He's in the bridal party. He will stay until my birthday on Monday, and Monica and the kids are coming in from Philadelphia and will stay for a couple of days too, so I'll be with them and won't feel so lonely. Alana and Sal are going to Barbados and they leave early Sunday morning. We'll take them to the airport.

Anyway, still seems like there's much to do, but I know it will all work out. Thank goodness I took the whole week off!

Hi, to Es, Terri, Sandy, ZoeGirl, Susan. Hope I didn't forget anyone, but if I did, I plead temporary insanity, lololol.

Talk to you's soon, probably ATW (after the wedding, lol). Have a great rest of the week everyone.

Princess1122
12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Just a quick fly by to see how everyone is doing... all is well here, the scale is not moving at all so I guess that is Thanksgiving and a birthday celebration catching up with me... oh well!

It is super windy and cold here today... I guess the snow missed us but it is sure cold enough for it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Susan

Jenny523
12-01-2006, 07:09 PM
We're looking at 10 inches of snow! :snowball1 It's pretty but a real pain in the arse. Stayed home from work today, as the worst of it was during a.m. rush hour. Too stressful to drive in that and I'm reaching a point where I simply don't do stress, if it's avoidable. Life is too short. So I told my boss I needed a "mental health day".

Susan, if you can maintain at this time of year, that's great! :cp:

Dianne, HAVE FUN! I'm sure Alana will be a beautiful bride. Love to you all.

At least it's a cozy night. We're going to light a fire and watch a Christmas movie.

later,
~Jen

Jenny523
12-02-2006, 07:59 PM
The biggest issue I had with the snow, I forgot to mention!
We had tickets for an Aaron Neville concert last night (whom I absolutely LOVE!) and it was cancelled due to the snowstorm. We're waiting to hear if it'll be rescheduled. I've been holding these tickets since July and we had first row seats :(

I've been up since 3:30 this morning...once I wake up and start thinking/worrying about eveything, I can't go back to sleep. Joe and I had a super productive day decorating, cleaning, etc., etc. I'm pooped!
But the house looks beautiful. We're hosting Christmas this year....24 people in all, in our small house. I used to host it every year, now only have it every 3rd year, and somehow that makes it even worse :shrug:

gotta run,
later!
~Jen

CarebearsChris
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Jenny I hope your concert gets rescheduled.

Today is WI day for me (last one at home...starting meetings tomorrow). I didn't gain but I didn't loose anything either. Hopefully next week will be a better week.

Chris,
I am so sorry about Mike. That is so sad. He worried about his wife. How noble and romantic. I am so glad she has friends. How old was he?
Congrats on meeting your goals. That is awesome!!!!!!

Dianne,
Hope the day was beautiful for you. Keep us posted and with pics.

Jen,
Sorry about the concert. Tha really sucks.
I hope they reschedule.

Susan,
Your weight will start coming off again. You sound determined.

We are almost ready for our Christma (Dec. 16). :candy: :clause: :snowball: :ginger: :tree: We pretend that that is Christmas Day. We are always surprised places are open because we forget that it isn't Dec.25. :lol:

TTYL,
Terri

CarebearsChris
12-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Terri,
Mike was 57 and his wife is 62. Too young to die. I have heard of more and more causes of cancer lately. I don't know if it is because we are older or if there is indeed a rise in cancer.

Princess1122
12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Brrrrrr! It is 12 degress here this morning.... I am so cold here at my desk even with my space heater I am freezing! W/I was ok... I stayed the same so I will take it and try a bit harder this week.

Terri: Best wishes for a very happy holiday on the 16th!

Jenny: The snow missed us down here but you guys just got smacked by it! I agree about staying home and the stress not being worth it... I don't do stress well at all anymore! Last year we got a storm during the day, I was at work and we all left at about 3 PM, well the rest of the city all headed home at 3 PM that day and the storm came in way worse then expected and I have vowed since then that I will not do it again. I live about 10 to 15 minutes from where I work depending on traffic, etc. But that day it took me over 5 hours to get home... I was a mess by the time I walked in the front door and called off sick the next day my stomach was in such bad shape... never ever again. I will leave earlier or just not go in at all... I am just too old to deal with that crap anymore...

Chris: How are you doing?

All: Best wishes for a very happy day!
Susan

CarebearsChris
12-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks for asking, Susan.

I am doing real well. I made up my mind that I would go to the meetings starting today. I signed up for the monthly pass online and wow. I am loving etools...the recipe builder is great. Now I wish I had done this sooner.

decemberdianne
12-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone:

It's ATW (after the wedding), lol. Everything went great, the ceremony was so beautiful and Alana and Sal were so happy, they were glowing all day long :love: :cloud9:. The reception was great - everything was just perfect. Alana looked like a princess - I will send photos asap. - it was great. Willie and Alana danced to a song that went like this "As I dance the last dance with my little girl". Then they surprised us - after the daddy/daughter dance, they danced to salsa together - so appropriate too, since they've been dancing together all of Alana's life - it was so sweet. We took them to the airport early yesterday morning for their Barbados honeymoon - I know they'll have a great time.

Today is my birthday and it was very quiet. Yesterday, everyone planned to take me out to dinner, but I begged off - I was exhausted. Today we took Steven to the airport, my grandson Andrew back home, the tuxedos back to the place and then willie and I went to a quiet dinner just the two of us. Then we went to Lisa's house to watch a video of the wedding and they had a cake for me. I am sooooo glad I took today and tomorrow off - I will relax tomorrow before going back to work.

Hope everyone is well and I'll talk to you's soon.

Jenny523
12-05-2006, 07:10 AM
:hb: Happy belated Birthday, Dianne! :hb:

I'm glad to hear the wedding was wonderful. Relax and enjoy your day off!
luv,
~Jen

CarebearsChris
12-05-2006, 09:08 AM
:woo: :woo: Happy Birthday Dianne. Sounds like some much needed rest time. Glad everything went well.

Princess1122
12-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Happy Birthday Dianne! It sounds like you need a really long nice nap! I know I would after going thru that! Best wishes for a quiet day off.

All: Nothing new here just another cold day!

I have to run but will check back later on.

Susan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE!!!!!! :hb:
I am so glad everything went as planned. How wonderful!!!! REST!

Be back later.
Terri

CarebearsChris
12-10-2006, 03:11 PM
I am now doing 2 WIs a week. I decided to continue my at home WIs while doing the meetings. This will show me my total loss and I will be on track with it should I stop doing meetings again. I lost 3 pounds today, making a grand total of 37 pounds forever gone. And I am 1/2 way to my New Year's Goal

Jenny523
12-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Chris,
:cp: What a great job you're doing! Congrats on the loss :cb: It's especially difficult at this time of year; it sounds as though you're focused and determined.

have a great day,~Jen

CarebearsChris
12-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Jen. I am determined. I refuse to have to loss the same pounds a second time. And so far I have never had a week where I have gone up. I am sure it will happen some day thou.

Princess1122
12-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi all,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back in action but I have been down with a cold and am just starting to feel a bit better.

Hope all is well with everyone.

I will check back later on to get caught up.

Susan

CarebearsChris
12-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Sorry to hear you have had a cold. Seems to be a lot of that these days. Hope you are feeling better.

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 01:45 AM
It sure has been quiet lately?? Everyone out Christmas Shopping?? Today was meeting day. I lost 3.4 pounds this week for a grand total of 39.4. Oh Happy dance!!!

Princess1122
12-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Chris: I have to admit I have been busier then normal lately but I still try and stop by to see what is happening... I just don't always take the time to post. I still have shopping to do, and I am trying to get back into the swing of exercising after being sick for a week. I worked out last night but really only about half of what I normally do...
Great job on the loss! You are doing soooooo great! I'll bet you feel like a million bucks these days!

All: Working and shopping is about my life right now along with W/I's and trying to work out. That is about all I have time for and since the doctors say that I have to lower my stress level I am trying to limit it to just those things and my Pilates classes which I love and feel that they are helping me with my stress... I am eager for the next group of classes to start as that will make it three times a week and I think that will really help.

How is everyone doing out there?

Susan

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey Susan..now you know why I hate the holidays. All the stress. The holidays should be about family and friends and it nothing but a stressor to get the right gift, the house decoratored, and the cooking and baking done. I don't do stress well. So I don't fuss over decorating, cook a nice but simple meal, and make 3 kinds of candy. The kids all get gift cards...so shopping is easy enough.

Princess1122
12-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Well I am so happy that we are half way thru the week... I get next week off so I am really eager to see this week go away. I am just about done with my shopping so that is good also but I need to do a final review and see if I need a few more items on top of what I already know I still need to buy.

Chris: I know, this time of year is so stressful and the reason for the season gets lost along the way. I am looking forward to some down time with my family.

I have to run but will check back soon!
Susan

Jenny523
12-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Like Susan, I check in here often, but don't always post.
This time of year the board is usually very quiet.

You're right, Chris, the holidays bring too much stress with them. I've been making the effort each year to try and cut back in different areas. Baking is out, gave that up years ago. I finally learned that I did not have to do it all! That was very satisfying, but it took me a long time to learn it. I was my own worst enemy and felt that it wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't do all the trimmings.
I have only put up about half of the decorations we own/normally put up, and the house looks fine. A few years ago I weeded some out and gave them to Jessica. Now that Joey is married, I'm thinking it's time to go thru everything again and give to both of my kids.

We're hosting Christmas this year, on Monday. That means we'll have 25 people here for the afternoon, then dinner and gift exchanging. We've got a small house, but it's cozy and fun. We're serving a ham and turkey. I took a vacation day on Tuesday, as did Joe, and we'll need it :lol:

My weight loss efforts are still at a standstill. I'll be one of the "newbies" signing up again in January, because I know I've got to.

:cp: Good going, Chris, on your loss! That's especially awesome the week before Christmas!!! :cp:

HI :wave: to Terri, Es, Dianne, Sandy, Zoe! :wave:
~Jen

dpadro
12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone:

Chris - great job with your weight loss :bravo: you are really doing fantastically!

Jen - Yes, it does get quiet around this time of the year, everyone so busy.
I'm with you on paring down with all the decorations, etc. We put the tree up early for the first time because we wanted it up for the wedding, lol. So I've got my beautiful revolving tree in the window and that's all I need:p

You guy are certainly right about the stress. This year with Alana's wedding, Christmas kind of got lost in the shuffle. Since most of the family was in the wedding, everyone feels the same way, lol, so we decided to just get for the kids this year, and for the adults, we're just doing a secret santa type deal, with everyone picking a name. The relief of not having to go out and shop for this huge family is amazing. Besides, we do need to remember the reason for the season. Steven is coming in from Florida on saturday and everyone will come to my house for Christmas Eve. After today, I'm off for winter break until 1/2/07 - Halleluja!

Es, amiga - how are you doing? How's the new house coming along, are you all settled in? What are you doing for Christmas?

Hi to Terri, ZoeGirl, Susan, Sandy and everyone else who has been in and out lately, lol.

Talk to you's soon. If I don't get back in before, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH AND KWANZAA!

Hugs to all,
Dianne

Princess1122
12-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Howdy all!

I am just stopping by to see what is going on... we had our company lunch today for the holiday... went to Ruby Tuesdays and had the soup and salad bar.... YUMMY! Love their salad bar!

I only pulled out about a third of our decorations this year and I have not even started my baking yet but I have trimmed that way down also so I don't need to start it so early anymore... I couple of kind of cookies and one or two other things and that should do it for this year.

I am also taking off the week in between Christmas and New Years. DH was supposed to have off also but due to a customer problem he not only has to work but he has to travel out of state for at least three of those days... very dissapointing but what can you do...

Have a great day all and I will stop by again tomorrow.
Susan

Jenny523
12-23-2006, 05:17 PM
:tree: :candy: :wreath:

Merry Christmas!!!
to all of you, my dear friends.
Enjoy a wonderful holiday with your loved ones.

:tree: :candy: :wreath:

hugs,
~Jen

CarebearsChris
12-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Did everyone survive the big day? I stated within points. Monday is my usual meeting day since yesterday was a holiday I went today. I lost 2.8 pounds this week for a grand total of 42.8. Still have a long long road to go, but I am getting there one pound at a time.

Jenny523
12-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Chris,
WOW!!! A loss during Christmas week is amazing...good for you. :cp: Keep it up!

HI to everyone. We'll be spending New Year's Eve at home. Jess, Michael and the boys will be here.

A very Happy and healthy New Year to you all.
hugs,
~Jen

Rios426
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. I've been MiA but I thought of all of you. I'm so glad the holidays are done! We love our new place. I'm looking forward to the Spring. I haven't been on program but I maintained. I heard they tweaked the program a bit for the new year. Can someone tell me about it?

There's so much catching up for me to do. It's good to be back. I missed being here.

Be back soon.

Luv u's,
Es

decemberdianne
01-01-2007, 07:38 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL.

I WISH YOU ALL A HEALTHY AND BLESSED 2007.

Princess1122
01-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I just wanted to stop by and say happy new year all. My cold came back with a vengeance so I have been out of commision for over a week now. I am back at work today and back on track with eating and hoping to get a small walk on the treadmill tonight after work although I will be taking it slow since I am still not feeling well.

Susan

Princess1122
01-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Well I am not looking forward to W/I tomorrow but I am back on track with eating and exercising so I will just grin and bear what ever the scale says and be happy with the fact that the next W/I should be better.

How is everyone doing?

Have a great weekend all!

Susan

Hi all!!!!! :newyear: :newyear:

I MISSED you all!!!!!!!

We had a wonderful Christmas!!!!!!!!!! I hope y'all did too. It was so nice going home again. Everyone was great.
I went to my first meeting of the new Year Sat. The tweak in the program is that there is a quiz you take in the book and on the ww site. I got 2 extra points awarded to me. I am at 24 instead of 22. That is nice.
Eveything else is basically the same.

Chris,
I want to congratulate you for losing so well. That is awesome. I gained 3. I will lose that plus 1 or 2 more by Sat. I love first weeks.:lol:

Jen,
You sounded busy over Christmas and it sounded cozy and fun.
It is so much fun being with family.
GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Dianne,
Maybe you can relax a little during this new year. Whew what a Dec.

Es,
How is everthing and everyone + the furry ones?

I'll be back later. The boys go back to school on Wed. and the pc is all mine and noone can give me puppy dog eyes. Britts started at Athens State University today. She is nervous. She is starting her CORE classes for teaching. The campus is about a 20 min. drive. So she is still close.

TTYL,
Terri

Princess1122
01-10-2007, 12:35 PM
As always I am so ready for Friday to come... Not much happening here but I wanted to stop by and see what has been going on with everone else.

Have a happy day all!
Susan

Princess1122
01-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh my goodness... where did everyone go?

Nothing new here to report... the scale is not moving one little bit and that is super frustrating... I am exercising and eating like I should so I will just keep at it. I start another Pliates class next week so that will make Pilates three times a week and working out on the eliptical and weight training 2-3 times a week... I think that is enough for me.

What is going on with everyone else?

Susan

Jenny523
01-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Oh, it's far too quiet here! How is everyone?

Susan, you're doing great! It sounds as tho you're very active. I'm sure you're feeling the benefits of that even if the scale isn't moving. Keep it up!

A few co-workers formed a monthly weight loss support group. The first meeting was last Wednesday; we discussed our goals, method of losing (they're all following WW) and are forming a walking club. It's good to have support at work, and company at the lunch hour when walking. Right now we're meeting and weighing in once a month. It may progress to more often, we'll see.

I've applied for an open position in a different dept. at work; had my 2nd interview yesterday. :crossed: Say a prayer that I get it! In my dept. there have been quite a few negative changes over the last year. My office is now understaffed, permanently. The stress is proving to be too much for me.
If I don't get a job offer I'm going to resign in April when the insurance goes thru at Joe's work. I love working at the village, and don't want to leave. However, life is too short to go thru this, and there are other jobs.

Did anyone catch the first two shows of American Idol!? What a riot.

~Jen

Princess1122
01-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Jen: So sorry to hear about your stress at work but boy do I understand what you are dealing with... in my own way and with my own situtations... but I do understand and I wish you the very best and you will be in my prayers for the job offer... There are days that I wish I could resign and take a couple of months off to try and deal with my stress but that is not going to happen so I have been dealing with it with diet, exercise and talking to myself a lot :dizzy: it is either that or I go back to smoking and that is not going to happen so when things bother me or I have had a bad day I have been trying to talk them out with myself... Crazy I know... Oh yeah, the work weight loss thing sounds wonderful!

All: Well I was not feeling well yesterday so I did not work out but I just went home, made supper and then headed to bed after clean-up. Feeling a bit better today so I will try and work out again tonight.

Hope all is well with everyone and have a very happy day!
Susan

Jenny523
01-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!
The Director of my new dept. called me in at the end of the day yesterday to give me the good news. I'm so thrilled, and relieved.
With it comes a raise, and another in 4 months after a probationary period. Details of when I'll switch over haven't been worked out yet, he's hoping within 2 weeks.
I'm so happy that I don't have to resign, which was my biggest fear.

have a great weekend!
GO BEARS!!!
~Jen

Jen,
That is wonderful about your job. Go you and go BEARS!!!!!!!!!

I'll be watching!!!!!

Terri

Princess1122
01-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Jen: Congrats! I am very very happy for you!

All: W/I went ok on Saturday... I was down 1.6 so I will take it. Stayed up late last night to watch the game... and what a game it was! Go Colts! Two mid-western teams going to the supper bowl! Now that is exciting!

Have a great day!
Susan

Jen,
CONGRATULATIONS on the WIN! Go Bears. I hope Rex does great!
I am not as excited this year as I was lasr year when my Steelers went and WON, but I am for the Bears. I hope SNL does their old skit " DA BEARS"
the night before the Superbowl.

Susan,
Congrats on your loss. 1.6 is great!

I lost 3.6 last week and I lost 1 this week. I bought the walking kit at ww and it is wonderful. Brittany and I are going to do it later.

TTYL,
Terri

Jen,
CONGRATULATIONS on the WIN! Go Bears. I hope Rex does great!
I am not as excited this year as I was lasr year when my Steelers went and WON, but I am for the Bears. I hope SNL does their old skit " DA BEARS"
the night before the Superbowl.

Susan,
Congrats on your loss. 1.6 is great!

I lost 3.6 last week and I lost 1 this week. I bought the walking kit at ww and it is wonderful. Brittany and I are going to do it later.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Susan and Terri,
Good going on the losses!!!! :dancer:
You're doing great :D

GO BEARS My gosh, what a perfect weekend it was for me...first the good news about the job, then my Bears go to the SuperBowl!!!!!!!!! whoooo eeeee!!!!

Er, sorry, Susan :lol: it seems we're both rooting for the Midwest, but different teams :shrug: no matter.....enjoy!

later,
~Jen

Princess1122
01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Morning All!

Jen: No worries about the two teams... Here in Indy we are just so happy that they made it this far :D and there are lots of Bears fans here since we are so close. I hope the Colts win but again I am just thrilled that they have finally made it into a super bowl.

All: Have a great day!
Susan

decemberdianne
01-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi guys:

Jen - congrats on the new job - how wonderful!

Terri and Susan - bravo on the losses :cheers: you guys are doing great.
Terri - what walking kit is that at ww?

Es, amiga - how are you? Getting ready for "freezing Friday"? I'm glad I'll be staying in.

Sorry I haven't been around - willie had surgery and I've been home to take care of him. It was a hernia repair, but he's sore and can't walk around to well so I needed to take time off.

Hi to Sandy, ZoeGirl and everyone/anyone I missed.

Can't report good news in ww'ing - cause I haven't been watching it, lol. But I will get back on track when I go back to work next week.

Talk to you's soon - have a great week everyone.

Princess1122
01-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Dianne: I sure hope that Willie is feeling better and it is great to hear from you!

All: Well it is sure cold here today but I guess that is to be expected since it is winter :D I think the last few months of warm weather has really spoiled me.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good W/I saturday morning... I need it!

Have a happy day all!
Susan

Jenny523
01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Dianne,
I hope that Willie is feeling better each day. Take good care of him! :love:

Susan,
:crossed: for your weigh-in. Yep, it's cold, but, as you said, seasonable. We are spoiled from the mild weather. I love the cold, and am hoping for some below zero days!

Everyone at work has been incredibly supportive about my job change. The employees from my new dept. have been going out of their way to tell me how happy they are that I'm joining their team. My current co-workers are happy that I'm staying w/the Village and we will still see each other.
I'm so excited about the move! I am moving from Finance to Neighborhood Services. I will be the (sole) contact for complaints re: rental units, landlords, property maintenance, abandoned cars, illegal signs (garage sales, etc.), housing issues, etc, for a village of 70,000...and will be responsible for scheduling inspections of them all by the 3 inspectors in the dept., as well as invoicing all the landlords for their rental licenses, and I don't even know how many there are. :eek: It won't be boring, that's for sure!

My weight loss efforts have been at pretty much a standstill...wait, who am I kidding? They've come to a screeching halt. :( But hope springs eternal, I'm the Queen of Fresh Starts, and all that...so I continue to stay positive about it all.

HI :wave: to Terri, Es, Sandy, Zoe.... Let's stick together and keep in touch!

GO BEARS!!!!!!

~Jen

Dianne,
I hope Willie is doing better. Must be rough for him.
The walking kit is a DVD and a CD for walking outside. The DVD is so cool. It is a walking DVD but they change it up a bit. IT isn't strenuous but you sweat a bit and it is moderate intensity.
I bought it at the meeting.

Hi everyone!
Terri

Hi everyone! Just wanted to come on and say I lost 1.6 this week.
I lost a total of 6.4 since Jan. 6.

Hope y'all have a greta weekend.
Terri

Princess1122
01-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Morning all... I was down 2.0 lbs at W/I on Saturday... very happy about that!

It is super cold here this week... with wind chills below zero so the name of the game is to stay warm :D

I have to run but will check back in later on.

Terri: Congrats on the 1.6! That is awesome!

Susan

Jenny523
01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Congrats, Terri and Susan on your losses! :cp: You're doing great!

As Susan said, it's very cold here in the Midwest. Have my car warming up now before I head out to work.

Have a great day!
~Jen

Congrats on your loss Susan and thanks for the congrats and you too Jen.
TTYL,
Terri

Princess1122
02-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Morning all... boy is sure has been quiet here lately...

Not much is new with me really... just waiting for Friday to come and of course this weekends Super Bowl game... Go Colts! Sorry Jen :D

W/I will not be great this weekend but as it is that TOM there is little to be done but wait it out.

How is everyone doing out there?

Jenny523
02-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone,
It is brutally cold here in Chicagoland. High temps of 8 degrees, with wind chills of 30 below! And that's during the day with the sun shining.
It's supposed to remain that way till Tuesday morning.

On Monday I begin my new job. Yesterday was the last day in my old office; I'm excited to be learning something new.

With apologies to Susan...

GO BEARS!!!!!

Everyone here is so pumped...we were allowed to wear Bears stuff at the village hall yesterday; it was fun. The kids are here for the weekend and for the game tomorrow. It's hard to believe that I'm seeing the Bears in the SuperBowl for the second time!!!

~Jen

Princess1122
02-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Well W/I did not go great on Saturday but I expected that... up .4 but it could be worse. I ate too many not good things during the game last night... I tried to make good choices and since I did the cooking it was not too bad but I ate too much and I really feel the food hang-over today. Well the Colts pulled it off and the city is going crazy... sorry Jen... the Bears sure played a good game though!

Cold, Cold, Cold! How much colder can it get?!?!? I just don't even want to know :D it is -4 here with wind-chills at -25... I know Jen knows since they are even colder up her way.

Have a great day all!
Susan

Jenny523
02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Susan,
Congratulations! :cheer: The Colts deserved the win. We can be happy with the season we had, and look forward to next year.

Cold is right :eek: -9 this morning, and I don't even know what the wind chill was.

I began the new job today. It appears to be far less stressful/busy than my previous position, so that's a good thing.

Am slowly getting back to basics re: eating and planning. I'm afraid of gaining more back.

HI :wave: to all of you!
~Jen

short & sassy
02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi ladies, remember me?? Well, not a lot going on with me. I've recently started another attempt at weight loss. Of course, it only amounts to taking WW or Lean Cuisine dinners to work. I thought I could kill two birds with one stone, eat less and save money!! Eating out at lunch can get expensive. I walk two days a week with one of my co-workers.

Anyway, I haven't read any of the post yet, I just wanted to say hello. I plan on coming back daily to visit and catch up on how eveyone is and meet the newer members. I did see that Diane is still coming to the site, how many grandkids do you have now? Our 9th grandchild will be born in September.

So, until tomorrow, hope everyone is well. Hi Es, Terri and everyone else!!

Princess1122
02-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I just wanted to stop by and see what is going on with everyone... Not much new here... the scale is moving upwards and that concerns me but I am trying to get back on track and figure it out.

I have to run but will check in again soon!
Susan

Jenny523
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Ruthie!!! How nice it was to see your post, I've missed you. I know you received your degree, where are you working? 9 grandchildren! Very cool. Please stick with us, you can do it!

The board has been very quiet. Lately I have been guilty of not posting often, but I still come every day to read the posts. I tend to stay away/not post frequently when I'm not On Program and losing. Human nature, I guess :shrug:

Susan, hang in there, you've been doing great. Keep it up.

When my son became engaged in May 2005, I rejoined WW and focused on losing for the wedding. I did, lost 32 pounds, and was thrilled with my new body, in spite of the fact that I still had about 40 more to lose. Well, of course what WW said was true.....lose for the right reason, health, etc...not for an event. Once the wedding was over I began "rewarding" myself and it's resulted in gaining back almost 20 of the pounds I had lost. :(

We have to stay positive and remember how strong we are, and we can do this!

Today is Joe's birthday. I can't believe he's 55. Where do those years go? The kids will be over for dinner.

hugs,
~Jen

decemberdianne
02-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Ruthie!!! Hi girl, wow its been sooooooooo long - its really great to hear from you. Congrats on grandchild #9 - boy, girl, name? You're grandchildren always had such great names! How is dylan doing? I'm up to #15 now and my youngest child, Alana, just got married in December, so I guess they'll be more coming, lol. I'm really glad to hear from you.

Jen - it sure has been quiet around here, and I know I've been MIA for awhile now. I think its true, when you're not doing so great on program, you tend to disappear for a while, that's me....but in reality, I guess that's when you really need to be here. For the support and just the connection we all have. I've not been on track and quite honestly, don't really have the get up and go to get on track right now. But I know that will change. We all have our ups and downs, it not quitting that's really important. We'll get there.

Es, amiga, how are you doing? Haven't seen you here for awhile either. Hope eveything's okay.

Terri & Susan, you've been doing so great. We need your inspiration! :bravo:

ZoeGirl, how are you? How is the beautiful Miss Rylea? She must be getting big.

Well, gotta get ready for work tomorrow. I will definitely be back soon. Hi to anyone I've missed.

Hugs,
Dianne

Princess1122
02-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Well I totally avoided W/I this weekend because I knew that the scale would not be kind... wrong, I know, but I stayed home and stayed in my PJ's instead of going to W/I Saturday AM.... I am back on track but I still don't know what is causing the gain so I would imagine that time will tell.

More snow tonight... we are suppsed to get a foot of snow so it should be fun travels tomorrow.

I have to run but will check back in later one.

Susan

Jenny523
02-17-2007, 07:01 AM
See you on #184!!!