General chatter - Do You Follow Other Posters Around on the Boards?

srmb60
11-21-2006, 08:57 AM
We did a thread like this once before and it was fun.

I like to see if new folks come back.
I like to peek in on folks that are doing well.
I like to read 2frustrated because she's funny. So is chick-in-a-hat.
I'm amazed by what some folks think is a total failure.
Blame is a fascinating concept.
I read every word that Mel, Meg and Ilene type.
And I'm in awe of Wyllen, who has done amazing things.

There's lots of others that I find inspirational, but what about you? Or did you even know that you can go to someone's profile and get a list of everything they post?

cbmare
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I did know that I can go to their profile and find other posts. However, I haven't done that.

I will click on my own name so I can find where I've posted. This is a big forum and I lose track of where I've posted.

Somehow, I think if I start following people, they'll think I'm cyber stalking them. :o

silverbirch
11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, actually, to tell you the truth, I always read what SusanB says! I like her voice and the things she says. Sometimes she talks about her exercise or her food, sometimes she says little things about her daily life, sometimes she mentions interesting, educational things about health. :) She just keeps on posting and it's all good. Thanks, Susan! :hug:

I've been musing about how people have a distinctive 'voice' on the forum. We come over as individually as if we were here talking. I find that amazing. It's one of the things I love about the forum.

SlimLindy
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
I think I've read most of what Glory87 has written! In fact, I find her so inspiring, I have copied and pasted many of her posts into a Word document I saved as "Motivation" and I re-read it whenever I need a boost. It is 11 pages long! She could publish a bestseller by just stringing all her posts together!

2frustrated
11-21-2006, 11:19 AM
I click on SusanB's posts a lot and it's always nice to see silverbirch post :)
I read Meg and Mel and Ilene and have more respect for these ladies than the so-called trainers I meet either in the gym or elsewhere.
I like Wyllen's posts and wndranne comes out with some startling brain-food sometimes!
I like Chick-In-The-Hat too :hug:
I miss LovesBassets, she was back for a while but seems to have gone again :cry:
I follow YP1 and Kykaree around, they are my friends :hug:
I quite like reading Misti In Seattle's posts, they are very insightful and she has such a great attitude. I also love her single-mindedness and she sticks to her principles well, and she's not afraid to say what she thinks.
Jillybean is quite a lot like Misti in her attitude methinks :yes:
Oh yes and like Lindy said... Glory is fab too!

There are some people I read to see what their next drama is, it's like 3FC is their only sounding board and they can't make a decision without us. :s:

Like Susan, I'm always amazed at how hard most people are on themselves. People think they've "messed up bigtime" which is probably about as messed up as any usual day I have! :lol: NO you're not a failure if you miss a gym visit, you're not a failure for eating a small piece of chocolate cake, you're not a failure if you chose your bed over kickboxing. *hum*

I'm always amused by posts that are "Oh I ate so much, I'm going to be so heavy at my next weigh in." Or "Oh I ate so much why do I bother?" Get up and carry on, there's always tomorrow, as someone once said, "Every passing minute is another chance to turn it around."

4myloves
11-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Um hmmmm.....

I follow the annoying people to see if they've stirred up any trouble lately.

:lol:

2frustrated
11-21-2006, 11:20 AM
I noticed you posted that right after me....

4myloves
11-21-2006, 11:23 AM
I miss your input in the Floozie thread!

(The posting time was entirely coincidental!!!!)

silverbirch
11-21-2006, 11:24 AM
If the cap fits, my dear ... ! :wave:

srmb60
11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Isn't this fun!! There are sooo many amazing folks here!

Someone spoke of 'voice' ... so true. Just seeing that Airegrrrl or Wndranne have posted gives me a sense of calm.

2frustrated
11-21-2006, 11:34 AM
I couldn't keep up with the Floozies! I think I missed a weekend and there was 3 pages I missed! You gals are TOO chatty! ;) I'll pop in and say hello!

Oh and for all other cyber-stalkers of mine (don't want to hijack your thread Susan but if anyone's interested) my wedding photos are here... -> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98246

srmb60
11-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh honey! We all love your photos! You're a lovely couple!

2frustrated
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
:D I know! I just want to spread a little happiness :lol:

srmb60
11-21-2006, 11:42 AM
You do indeed spread happiness, my friend. You do:hug:

junebug41
11-21-2006, 01:00 PM
I always like what midwife has to say. She just seems to know what she's talking about on a lot of issue without making everyone else *wrong*. SusanB, Airegrrrrl gives me the "ohm" as well!

srmb60
11-22-2006, 09:51 AM
This morning (again) I'm saddened by the number of newbies who don't come back. :cry:

Michelle
11-22-2006, 01:52 PM
I love reading SusanB's posts, and she has helped me out with lots of my questions, and I didn't know we could see the posts of people, but happy to know that now.;)

sept15lija
11-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I love reading posts of so many people!

SusanB, you're definitely one...then of course Mel & Meg, and 2frustrated I really like your posts too, and Glory87 and I like BluetoBlue to. Wyellen is so good too. I like Deafinitely as well! Such awesome advice!! I've only been around a few months so I'm sure I can add to this post before long!

futuresurferchick
11-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I also miss LovesBassetts :(

I don't really follow anyone around but I admire all the maintainers and the runners... the runners are my new inspiration, like YP1 and others on the runners' threads. Basically I spend way too much time on these boards reading almost everything you all say :D

futuresurferchick
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
PS 2frustrated, your wedding photos are beautiful!

chick_in_the_hat
11-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Aw shucks! There are tons of chicks here who inspire me, too! 2Fru, SusanB, my Jillian's Girls, my biker chicks, the calorie counters...them's my posse(s)! Of course Meg, Mel, Ilene, the 3FC themselves...I miss MrsJim....and LovesBassets, Howie and funniegirl! I shouldn't have started naming people...now I don't know how to stop. :grouphug:

srmb60
11-24-2006, 04:05 PM
There's always someone isn't there? So many fabulouses like midwife and techwife! And I miss Blues4miles.

In the last few minutes I've gotten caught up in 'drama' as Jenfrus calls it. Oh dear! darlings, darlings .... we are sooo blessed here in the western hemisphere! Cheer up! oh that should have gone in the YOU! thread.

techwife
11-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Susan: :hugs: If Customs wasn't so hard to get through these days, I'd jump the river and have a cup of coffee in person with ya... :D

EZMONEY
11-25-2006, 10:17 AM
What Am I? Chopped Liver?

srmb60
11-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Nope yer the fella that keeps me and techwife hoppin' in the hockey thread. We appreciate you too!

srmb60
11-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Did ya all catch that Liliann lately? She's amazing!

SwimGirl
11-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Here's a sad one.. all the people I used to "follow" are all gone :( I now spend a LOT less time on here!

(Unless you count that I'm on here now... here... ;) )

-Aimee

srmb60
11-26-2006, 12:41 PM
It is sad Aimee. I have so much faith in them and then .... they're gone. I just hope they're doin' OK on their own.

srmb60
01-15-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure if most folks are aware of Airegrrrl. She posts mostly in Maintainers and doesn't post nearly often enough. Calm, intelligent posts with years of experience. She's great.

Obsidianbbw
01-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't have anyone in particular I follow, but I notice some weeks there will be a name popping up on different parts of the forum about how they are struggling that week. I'll make sure I hit them with a you making progress but dealing with it and it will ok ...and of course as many smiles as I can manage without looking wacky.