Weight Loss Support - Anyone else around 210 wanting to be 135ish?

2Bthinagain
11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I joined 3fatchicks about a month ago and am pretty much right where I started. Today I rec'd some bloodwork back from my Drs office. My thyroid is high, but I already knew I was hypothyroid. They have ordered me to workout one hour every day. I am a former life long skinny person, so this new found body weight has been painfully depressing.
I thought maybe I could find someone else who was around my current weight and shooting for a similiar goal weight. Maybe we could support each other? I have 2 small toddlers that keep me busy all day. All my friends with newborns and toddlers are already thin again, I seem to be the only fat mom every place I go. I am in such a funk about it.
ANYONE?
Also -- side question, how do I add a little counter on the bottom like everyone else? I love seeing how much weight people have lost. Everyone here is so inspiring. I'm really looking forward to having a reason to use that little dancing carrot! LOL
PS - I am 5'6

sotypical
11-20-2006, 08:55 PM
I started where you are now and my goal is 130. If you even wanna chat I am more then willing, give me a pm :)

LLV
11-20-2006, 09:02 PM
You can do it! I did! ;)

healthytoad
11-20-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm a pretty close match :) Except you're taller and I have furry children instead of the human kind, but they sure can act like two year olds!

Jasmine31
11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Hello! You are welcome to join us in our challenge thread. Turkey day is almost here but we are a very supportive group. I have similiar stats to yours except you are taller than me. I have small kids too. ;)

boaterswife
11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I also am about your current weight, and shooting for a goal very close to yours. There are many of us in this boat!

As for the counter, click on UserCP in th purple task bar at the top of your page. From there, you will see a column on the left where you can click "edit signature." There will be directions for adding a ticker!

kiwichic
11-20-2006, 11:40 PM
:) I will put my hand up :) I want to be 135 , I'm 5.4" and i have 4 children ,one not at home the others in primary school.

:D

IAte86Crayons
11-21-2006, 03:46 AM
i'm shorter than you, but i started out at 215 and i'm working my way down to 135/140. :)

didi65
11-21-2006, 08:28 AM
I was 238 this morning and my goal is 135 . I am on medicine for underactive thyroid . I am walking 3 miles a day and then ride my exercise bike for a half hour a day .
I will happily join your challenge!!!
I think being able to change my sig with a loss helps me so much .
Good luck everyone .

aphil
11-21-2006, 09:13 AM
I started out at a similar weight to you a couple months ago after having my third child. I am an inch taller than you, at 5'7". I have an 8 year old, a 5 year old, and now a 3 month old-so I can relate to your situation.
My goal is a little higher than you, though-arounf 150. I have to keep some of my curves for my job. ;)

Tisha___
11-21-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm 214 right now (after 2 months of hard work!) and my very very long term goal is 140. Right now I'm just shooting for the 175 though. That 140 is just too unreal to even think about right now. lol

angielynn
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi 2bthinagain!
Sounds like we are very similar. I am 5'2" and 200lbs. I just had my first baby in 2005 and had my second earlier this year (11 months apart). I gained a whopping 80lbs during the 2 consecutive pregnancies--very depressing. I also have hypothyroidism, which has made losing the weight nearly impossible. I too feel like the only fat mom everywhere i go. I have been attempting fad diets, to no avail. I need to get real about my exercise program and eating habits--two years of "eating for 2" has been difficult to shake. I would love the support also!! What kind of workout are you planning on doing? I will try to get up in the am before the kiddos and do 20 min. of weight training and 40 minutes of cardio (either exercise bike or treadmill) I got the biggest loser workout dvd and i love it. As far as the weight loss ticker...if you click on the "user cp" at the top far left and then click "edit signature" on the left it will give you the "add weight tracker" option. I will be leaving for Thanksgiving Wed. am, so i probably won't be able to check in until sat or sun after thanksgiving, but i look forward to keeping in touch with everyone!

mtp_and_hmp
11-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I was 228 when I started in May and now I'm 181. My goal is 135. I have a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old. Oh, and I'm 5'3", and on that note my kids are waking up so I have to go! haha Hope to see you around the boards!

2Bthinagain
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh my gosh. I just want to cry. I am overwhelmed at how many of you have offered your stories and your support. I am truly about ready to cry. It has been so painful not to know anyone at all who can relate. My husband doesn't get it, I mean, he is supportive don't get me wrong, but he doesn't understand how hard it is and what it's like being home with the kids all day. I see photos of myself (which are RARE) and I don't even know that person. I am very embarassed to go to my parents for Tgiving. I will be seeing family members that remember the skinny me and it will be so embarassing.
I want to keep in touch with all of you!! Knowing that it has been done, and can be done is helpful. I don't feel so lost anymore.

Hugs all around, seriously. :hug: I really really really really appreciate hearing from each of you. Please keep me posted. Maybe once a week I can start a new thread for updates or whatever?? What is the name of this new little group? 2 be 135 again? LOL, or 210 going on 135??? I don't know...but I will look for each of you on the threads. I will also try to figure out how to do the PM thingy.

Thanks so very much. Everyone here just made my day.

jelynn
11-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I would love to be 135 again!! (just not so sure it would happen for me, lol)
I am also 5'7 and this morning was 208 so we have pretty similar stats. I have 4 kids: 8,6,3 and 2 so I hear you on the busy!! I would love to chat with you. I'll look for you on the boards, or please feel free to pm me!!

2Bthinagain
11-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Okay girls, how do I PM someone? It sounds like I could learn from all of you and would love to follow your diet paths with you, share stories and recipes, or daily menus, I just discovered that fitday website, WOW how cool is THAT? I am going to write on there every day and share the info with my husband, I think it will really help me see things the way. I have questions for each of you but don't want to hog up the board with a super long post. Please point me in the direction of the PM?
thanks!!!!;)

PS - I am starting to come out of my funk and truly feel a little optomistic.

healthytoad
11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
To pm someone, just click on their nick. A drop down list will appear and one of the choices it pm. But, I hope you will ask your questions here, we would all like to hear the answers. You are not clogging up the list :) That's what it is here for.

NESunshine
11-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Can I jump in on this thread? I'm close to that range....5'5", started at 235, am currently at 229 and am aiming for 140...which just seems like so far away!! I suppose I'm thankful for mini-goals along the way! I don't have any kids...well unless my cat counts!

2Bthinagain
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
NESunshine: Of course you can join! Sounds like we are close in our current and goal weights! I need this support and need to talk to others. From what I've read on some of my other posts, I think mini-goals is the way to go! Goodluck! Keep us posted!

ejm: Thanks for the info on how to PM, I will try it, and I will aslo go ahead and post questions here :)

jelynn - a fellow mom with small kids...wow do we have lots to talk about! Feel free to PM me too. I told my Dr last week that I am surprised I don't burn more calories than I do considering I chase my kids all day. He had 2 kids the same age as mine and he said "well, I take care of my kids too but its not like its an aerobic workout all day" and I felt like saying "dude, you work HERE all day, you might be with your kids on the weekend, when you are on call, and partly home, you aren't chasing them at the playground when they are on opposite sides of the park or running after their bike or bending over picking up toys all day or running up and down the steps a million times and bending over to wipe up milk 12x a day, etc etc etc!!!. I truly do feel like I'm on my feet ALL day....I have tried dancing with the boys now that they are 2 and 4...not as demanding as a newborn, but yet they keep me just as busy and just as tired!!! Im glad that you and I are in the same area with current weight and goal weight, I'm anxious to follow your success!

mtp: ditto on the above comment -- a fellow mom with kids! Least you have FOUR which sounds "busier" or easier to understand. You are obviously twice as busy as I am. And with a 6 month old you are ALLOWED to have extra weight! Goodluck losing the rest, I'm sure you can do and I'm anxious to do it right along with you, week to week, lets keep in touch!!!

Angie: You have hypo-thyroid too?? Oh gosh, isn't that something! Don't you hate the jokes people make about it? My TSH is a 14 right now, after our 2nd guy was born it was a 58!!!! I also gained about the same amount as you did. 2 kids in 2 years though, well 4 pregnancies but 2 babies:( , I just don't understand how every single mom I meet is a size 2. Literally in our old neighborhood in a different state, and here...every single mom I meet THIN THIN THIN...my self-esteem is just shot...I feel like I can't make eye contact with people and I'm such a social person. I meet people very easily and can talk to anyone about anything...why do I migrate to the skinny moms?? I think waking up early is going to be the only way for me...the day just gets busy and time slips away, by 3pm I'm exhausted. I'm sure once the weight starts coming off I will find more energy and once my thyroid levels are in the right range then I'll feel better? I didn't know the Biggest Loser had a workout DVD, I will have to look for that. Right now my exercise is just a little here and there...the Dr said that is fine to start off with 15 minutes but to work it up to 1 hr, he also said not to worry about my heart rate right now, just stay busy, even doing sit ups on commercials when I watch TV, that sort of thing. Enjoy your holiday and check back with us to keep us posted. I worry about posting after Tgiving ...worried how much I'll gain this weekend...but I'm going to try my best.

Tisha - I should think the way you do, 175 should be my goal, it really should be mini-steps for me too...but my vision is the 140...I have to get there some day, I just have to. Goodluck, I'm so glad to meet you and all the others in the same area as I am, it will be fun to see how we succeed and for those of us who take a step back..hopefully the others will pull us through and tell us not to give up....thanks for posting!! keep us updated please!

aphil - like I just told Tisha, I guess you guys are right, I need to readjust my goal, but ultimately I am looking for the 140, but right now, I'll do the minigoal. Seems smarter...thanks for posting and please keep us updated too!

didi - another thyroid pal -- it's hard isn't it? But wow, more power to you, you are really working out! For some reason that reminds me of Tina from Celebrity Fit Club, she was great at working out and really gave it her all! Please keep posting and sharing your workouts with us. I need creative ideas. Right now I have a recumbant bike I can ride , getting too cold to walk outdoors...and I am dancing with my toddlers here and there! Slowly I will get there KEEP POSTING and keep up the great work!!!

IATE86 -- keep posting....we're all in this together!!!! We can do it! I'm so excited to have so many people on this thread.

Kiwi - glad to have you hear! We can do this, I am really thrilled to have so many people in the same group, same weight even if our heights are a little off. I'm just so thrilled you joined us, please keep posting!

Boaters wife: welcome! and thanks for the ticker tip, do I have to go in there each time...I went in there once, and then it sort of went away, do I need to do that first, then copy it, go do my post then paste it each time I post?
Please come back and check in!!

jasmine - I am still learning my way around the board and will look for your challenge board, thanks!!

ejm - welcome and please keep posting with your stats...sorry to hear your cats can act like 2 yr olds...least they don't talk back! LOL, or do they??

Okay - I tried to reply to everyone -- that was all the posts I could read as I was replying. Thank you to each and every one of you for sharing your information. I will post next week, and list my weight, and see if I gain over this holiday weekend. Hopefully by then I will have made time in my day to exercise...this will be hard for me, as I know it will be for all of you. Please don't think you will offend me if I'm going off in the right direction, I need a slap in the face now and then I'm sure...I want to keep it real and I want honest feedback...that's what it takes right?!?!?! Thanks so much!!!!! Please anyone -- feel free to PM me !!!
GOODLUCK!!!!:)