Carb Counters - Weekly Chat - November 20th - 26th

Leenie
11-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Good Afternoon :D

Just popping in to say hello to my Atkins buddies :hug:

How was everyone's weekend? Are you all set for the holidays in planning your OP strategy?

lilybelle
11-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone.
I got unexpected money in the mail today. So, I'm headed to the mall to finish up my Christmas shopping. Yeah. I had an old IRA account at a hospital that I had worked at briefly 10 yrs. ago. I had forgot all about it. I only had $1600 in this account. The hospital recently sold and they paid out cash to all acct.s that were under $5000.00. I would never have requested that money, forgot it was even there. This isn't my main IRA. I plan to use it to finish my shopping, so DH doesn't have to keep working so much overtime for our Christmas money. He is wore out and I know it will be a big relief to him. (He worked 96 hrs. this week). Christmas is always hard for us with 6 kids, 2 of their spouses, a total of 3 grandkids, plus parents. DH had also worked at that same hospital as an ambulance driver and received $300.00 today.

I had mentioned on here how stressed out , thin and sickly my son has been. His dad sent him a certified check today that will cover any expenses that he owes from his apartment. It was a great relief to him. (I had encouraged Shane to call his dad and request some of this money. It was in savings bonds that I had allowed his dad to keep $200.00 monthly from his child support for 18 yrs. to save for Shane). Now, my son can be debt free again and this should definitely reduce his stress. At first Shane was too ashamed to call his dad and say he needed this money. I explained to him that it was his own money that I had allowed his dad to save for him and that it was there for him whenever he needed it. Now, he's glad he listened.

Anyways, I'm having a good day. Waiting on DD to get ready to go shopping. She is 14 and takes 2 hrs. to get ready to go anywhere.

beach bum
11-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi Ladies:)

We had a lot to do this morning, our fireplace insert was cleaned.Than all the running around was next,post office,bank,shopping,hopefully I will be able to get some walking done some time today.

We're going to have a small turkey breast instead of the large bird this year.Don't need any leftovers after Thanksgiving,that will be not used.Going on our cruise next Sunday,but we're going to have all the trimmings such as stuffing,butternut squash,green beans,brussel sprouts & gravy. The only thing we're leaving out is the dessert.My plan is to take a little of each food.

Leenie-Had a wonderful weekend,as it was our 40th wedding:cheers: anniversary,and our DD send us a video of the grandkids singing & dancing to "We Love You Grandma & Grandpa, Happy Anniversary" They we're so cute,it brought my DH & I to tears:cry: of joy.

Lily-Congrats:cheers: on your extra Christmas :tree:Spending Money. You sound like you have a wonderful family.I always wanted 4 children instead of two,but at that time, DH lost his job,and we we're scraped His brother helped us though. Now we do that for our son also,when he down and out. Happy:) he has turned stress:stress: free.

Hugs :) BB

lady_adnerb
11-20-2006, 10:51 PM
I can't seem to get back to LC for some reason. I'm thinking because my schedule is so eratic I'm not able to sit and figure out meals so just pop the fastest thing I've got in my mouth. Meals on the go type thing. I now have fruit in the house--so that'll be a step up from the junk I had been eating. I stepped on the scale this morning and was VERY discouraged at what I saw. But I brought it on myself. I also know that I'm not going to be able to do a thing about it until after Friday. Then I should be able to have more of my routine back and I should manage to concentrate on what's going on meal wise. Hopefully I can repair the damage in a week or two afterwards!! but for now...it's time for me to hit the hay! Night...

lilybelle
11-21-2006, 12:39 AM
I went to the bank with my son and helped him open up a savings acct. with his bonds. They were more than double the face value. So he has quite a chunk of money. He's very pleased. His dad sent him a note saying that he was sending the bonds to him anyway because they were fully matured and time to cash because no more intererst could be accumulated on them. My son can get out of debt and pay his jeep off with the money and still have some money left. I am happy because this had all been stressing me out too.

I am back from shopping. OMG, I bought the stores out. I have tons of things to wrap. Me and DD ate dinner out, needless to say it wasn't very low carb. Maybe I can stay on program for Tues and Wed. and then hope back into the groove of things on Friday. I feel fat and bloated right now. I gots to do better than this.

Brenda, have you seen a deer yet?

BB, I only had 2 children, but married a man with 4. So there is 6 total. I am from a large family and when we all get together there is about 35 of us. We all help each other if one of us is in a bind, it just goes in circles as who needs help and who is able to help at the time. LOL

RobinW
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Morning

Well, this is the first time Ive been able to sit and read up on what everyone is up to. Ive been in incredible pain over the weekend, went to the dentist yesterday to have the guilty tooth taken care of. But Im not sure its fully taken care of. Im still in quite a bit of pain, throbbing even thru the pain meds. I wait until the meds wear off before taking any more, just to see if the pain is lessoning. Well, I think it is....but its so hard to tell when its so intense.

Im not eating lc, but Im not eating very much at all. Toast, and cup-a-soup. Thats about it...even water upsets my tummy. :( I really hope its been fixed, and I dont have to go back!!

Lily....what a wonderful relief for your family. Its so nice when money arrives when its needed...and from unexpected places :)

carolr3639
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Lily, my SIL and dh each got a deer. 4 of the boys are hunting and hoping.

lilybelle
11-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Robin, yes unexpected money is always great. Especially at Christmas time. I spent every penny of mine and some extra too. But, my shopping is almost finished. Sorry to hear of your tooth pain. I have a dental appt. for in the morning to get my chipped tooth fixed. I've considered cancelling it and going after Thanksgiving. My DH will gripe, so I guess I'll go ahead and go. I hate going to dentists.

I'm back on plan with my eating today. Yeah.

aud
11-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone!:) New here but already find the Forum so motivational getting back on track with the only "diet"/lifestyle that ever worked for me/felt GREAT on.

Now if I could just get some unexpected Christmas $$$ !;) :D

lilybelle
11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Welcome, aud
Glad that you joined us here . This program works great when followed. Best wishes on successful weight loss for you.

SherryA
11-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Day 2 of my no cheat challenge is going well. I hate my scale, but that is another issue. No ketosis yet either. Maybe tomorrow morning.

aud
11-22-2006, 04:44 AM
Tx for the Welcome lilyb . . . saw your pics and they are absolutely awesome! Congrats!:) Between your amazing pics and Sherry's Challenge - I am so Atkins-Psyched!:jig:

Gonna surf around for some tried and true fave lc dish for the Holidays . . .

JerseyGyrl
11-22-2006, 07:04 AM
:wel3fc: Aud!!

If you want to find great lc recipes...google Lindas Low Carb. The recipes are fantastic & there are lots that are suitable for Induction (she has them marked with a *). My personal favorite is the Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes:cp:

Its good to have you here. You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement! You CAN do this!

:thanks1:

Kim

RobinW
11-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Good Morning

:welcome3: to all the new folks Ive missed over the last week.

I almost feel back to normal....and thats pretty great!!! :lol:

Depending on how my stomach is feeling today, I just might get back to induction. Im still on soft foods, I cannot clench or chew hard stuff, so I'll see how it goes today.

I have the turkey out thawing, I have to go get some potatoes for tomorrow...Im cooking this year. I'll a low carb cheese cake for dessert, and I think Im all set. No stuffing this year....Ive been too out of it to even think about it. Maybe some stovetop? :lol:

Have a good day ladies.

SherryA
11-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Have a good day everyone. Low carb cheesecake? sounds good can you share the recipe?

Brenda, today isn't a great day to suggest trying to get back on plan with tomorrow staring us all in the face, but if you have Friday off? You might sit down and plan your meals for 3 days. Getting back to Atkins is much easier when you have taken the time to plan to have the right kinds of food in the house.

I tend to buy Havarti cheese, and other kinds of cheeses for snacks or variety. Salami all sliced is easy to grab when hungry or sliced ham, or boiled eggs or even deviled eggs (can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge).

Planning is always the key for me. If I forget to plan how I'm going to have the right foods in the house (and not have the wrong ones to tempt me), then it is way too easy to tell my husband to run out and get us fast food, and then I have to eat what he brings.

That isn't always bad, sometimes he brings things I can eat on low carb.

One thing I've been eating a lot of lately is chicken tostadas. A local Mexican restaurant makes them for me without beans, I don't eat the tortilla, and it is like a hot chicken salad. They put lots of chicken on it for me, some sour cream, some salsa, lots of lettuce a little cheese and some avocado. It is yummy and filling and only costs me about 2.69 for one.

There are ways to do this once you've set your mind to it. For me that is the HARDEST part. If I don't really WANT to do low carb, I can think of all kinds of reasons not to. But when I am in that mode, I tend to just keep on putting on the pounds.

Lillybelle's example here has motivated me. Thinking of making it a lifestyle and doing it for the rest of my life with only occasional "special day" deviations seems like something I can do if I only keep on being consistent and trying.

Consistency is my biggest challenge that I must conquer in my life. I tend to be very inconsistent with so many things I do. Learning to conquer that bad habit of mine will help me to reach my goals. At least I truly hope so.

My scale hasn't moved much in a few days and that frustrates me, but I'm trying to be consistent and hang in there. I am sending you some good wishes and willpower vibes. Plan ahead and it will all be easier. That is if you really WANT it. If not? Be honest with yourself and examine what it really is you do want.

For me? I really really want to be able to show my husband a thin me one of these days.

aud
11-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi and Tx jerseyg!:) I spent quite a bit of time last night here in the Recipe section and planned out some Inductioney-treats for Our Table tomorrow. (gravy/side/dessert-ish) Hope to check out Linda's LC in the coming week--need to be prepared in this Carb Loaded World!;) I noticed you & I start at the same weight and you are at your goal . . . Congrats and tx for sticking around!

Hang in there robin . . . I've had tons of dental work over the years and know the misery well.

lilybelle
11-22-2006, 02:47 PM
I had a lot of nausea yesterday so finally cancelled my dental appt. for today and rescheduled it for next week. I have been exercising regularly. I have two different Thanksgiving meals with family to go to tomorrow. Crossing my fingers to survive with few treats. I don't have a problem with the stuffing or potatoes , I can refuse those. I made LC fudge last night that I'm taking to the dinners and sending to work with my DH. I sampled it and it is good.

Me and DD started wrapping Christmas presents, we have a LONG way to go on these.

Leenie
11-22-2006, 05:52 PM
~ Happy Thanksgiving Everyone ~

:turkey: :thanks2: :turkey: :thanks2: :turkey: :thanks2: :turkey:

lilybelle
11-22-2006, 07:17 PM
I splurged today and bought me a body shaper, and it holds my tummy in very flat. I like it. I also bought me a bunch of make-up and some new shoes to go with my new black dress to wear tomorrow. I'm all set.
I weighed today and am still 143. This much is good to know.

Hollyxmas
11-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone!

I am off from work on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday now and my internet is down at home so for now I am limited. I had a great weekend; I stuck to goal of less then 20 carbs a day. It seems like I am running out of variety but I’m loosing weight, so I will suffer for now. Tomorrow will be very tempting; I have planned to eat only turkey, green beans and green salad. I’ll see how it goes!

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone gets to enjoy time with family.

I won’t be at work tomorrow so I will let everyone know how I did on Friday.

RobinW
11-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Going to take pictures Lily?! ;)

SherryA
11-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Low carb fudge? How in the world do you do that?

SherryA
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
I got my "half a couch" today. I ordered it from a place on the net called "Home Reserve". It is like a kit for making your own couch. It looks really nice and is comfortable. It is only "half" because I'm ordering a sectional and I only purchased the first part of it so far. Can't wait to get the other pieces now. What I really like about this idea is that if I get sick of the color or something I can order different fabric to replace what it has on it, and it will still look good. Check it out this is the one I ordered.

SherryA
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh bummer. Looks like my link was removed.
http://www.homereserve.com/store/sectional.cfm?FabricID=180&PrototypeID=40&StyleID=3&Color=8&fc=0#icon

The color I ordered is the Chicago Shiraz. Anyway I was really excited to get it. Makes me want to go online and order the rest of it, but I have to wait until we get a little more money first. That is the other neat thing about it, I can order a piece at a time and not have to finance anything. Just pay for it as I go.

Arkansas Kel
11-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi yall, been out of the loop for awhile - so very sick. Got a nasty sinus infection, lost more wt not thanks to low carb but thanks to post nasal drip - didn't even want to eat!!! I see some new faces - you've made some great choices - the diet works for many and the support here is awesome.
With Thanksgiving coming today, and my appetite just coming back I'm fearful. I don't know how reserved I can be. I will do my darndest. Only one dinner to go to, but going to work tonight after - oh geez. And my coworkers are diet sabeutors (sp?). Oh, c'mon one bite won't hurt kind of folks. I dread that. I can resist that pretty good though - I see it as guerrila war tactics and fight back. That's harder to do when faced with sweet little grannys homemade chocolate pie!
Best luck and strength to all today - it's willpower test day.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

lady_adnerb
11-23-2006, 10:00 AM
I bought some jeans in 2 sizes bigger than I've been wearing...and they're TIGHT. Then again, I bought them at Goodwill so I'm figuring they got shrunk. I know I've been eating junk, but I shouldn't have bloated TWO sizes up. I'm not worried about it. Because I know I'll get back on track. Just trying to decide if I can start Saturday or if I should just start on Monday. Friday is youngest DD's birthday so that's out. But might be able to start Saturday. Time will tell. And I have to give up soda again. ARGH! I'm not looking forward to the headaches...but am looking forward to not being so bloated. Time to dig out the Atkins book to rejuvenate why I started this WOE to begin with (besides weight loss)!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

lilybelle
11-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am so thankful to this site. I walked double last night and will do the same tonite and tomorrow. Waiting on the rest of my family to get ready to head to my sisters and then my MIL's for dinner. I plan to eat as LC as possible. I weighed this AM to see where I am today. Scale says 141 so I don't want to mess this up. I am very glad that DH and DS are off work today.

SherryA
11-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Brenda, I've been there. Think of how good you will feel after 3 days on induction. The fat starting to melt away. You CAN do this. If you really really want to lose the weight.

Today we are going to my mother in laws house. I know she will have high carb food and nothing but. So I'm planning my attack in advance. I'm bringing green beans, green salad and for desert strawberries with cream and no sugar Torani syrup on them. I'm also bringing strawberries with sugar and cream, so for me, I will feel fine. I will be able to eat all the turkey I want and all the green beans and strawberries and salad I want. Plus diet A and W root beer. I so want to KEEP my ketosis I've worked for for 3 days. It may slip a little with the strawberries, but I don't want it gone the way of having to wait another 3 days for it.

I think I can handle today, I think I can I think I can.

MsChris
11-24-2006, 01:53 AM
:thanks1: everyone. I am home sick along with the rest of my family. The flu is kicking my tail. I have been sick for 3 days and off program too. OJ and tea with lemon/honey. I hope to be better by Monday and get back on program.

aud
11-24-2006, 03:10 AM
Gosh its good to get THAT over with - LOL!:D Had a great day with Family and for whatever reason (Tx Sherry A-would not have EVEN attempted Induction w/o ya!:hug: ) wasn't even that tempted by the Feast! I DID overeat a bit . . . but all on LC goodies. The Macafoni was satisfying - the LC gravy was tasty if a bit thin and the dessert I ended up making---SF Pudding made with cream/creamcheese and a 1/2 cup pumpkin was a real treat!

More Family - Holiday again tomorrow . . . determined to get more water in and also to work out. We're headed for a Hotel that has a Pool and Fitness Center at a 1/2 way point for out of towner Family Members . . . trying to plan ahead so I don't cave.:devil:

Hope everyone had a blessed day.:)

SherryA
11-24-2006, 03:13 AM
Success! Turkey, and none of the "fixings" other than a tiny bit of gravy. (just so the turkey wouldn't be quite so dry). I left there not feeling like I normally do after a meal at my mother in law's house. I had green beans, green salad with tomatoes, avocados, ham, boiled eggs, lettuce and sprouts. For desert I had strawberries with splenda syrup and cream. I had diet A and W root beer. And I feel good. I resisted all the goodies, and all the stuffing and all the potatoes and cranberries and yams.

I'm probably out of ketosis because of the strawberries, but I expect to have it back in a day or two and not much longer. So I feel really really proud of myself right now.

JerseyGyrl
11-24-2006, 08:52 AM
I hope everyone had a nice holiday with family & friends. Went to my brother's for dinner, ate turkey (dry, no gravy) and a few spoonfuls of green beans (canned..not my favorite). No dessert (they had pumpkin pie,apple crumb pie,vanilla pudding pie, homemade choco chip cookies & my parents brought italian pastries). I had a cup of tea with a little splenda. It was Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride"....quite tasty:) Scale is down to 146 today so...I am a happy woman!!:carrot:

Leenie
11-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Good Morning,

Chris hope your feeling better today (the flu is here too :( )

Kim YOU ROCK !!!! Congrats on being OP during a difficult holiday and congrats on 146 :hug:

Sherry & Aud WTG :bravo: on your successful day yesterday.

Kel, welcome back.

Brenda :hug: luv ya girl.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ;)

L.J.
11-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Hello there.....would someone please tell me......what are revolution rolls, and carb count? Thought i'd jump in and ask, hope you don't mind :-)
Trying to cut down on as many bad carbs as possible.
I visited Lindas Low Carb site that someone mentioned here.....very impressive.
I love reading what you all say here about LC'ing.
Hope you don't mind that I just popped in unannounced :-)
Have a few more questions, but want to make sure it's ok with all of you.

JerseyGyrl
11-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi L.J.

Revolution Rolls are from Dr. Atkins original 1972 plan. He stated to use them in place of bread. Here's the recipe & carb count:

Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees.

You'll need
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 tablespoons of cottage cheese
1 pack of art. sweetener

You seperate the whites and the yolks of 3 eggs (I put the whites in one bowl, and the yolks in another)- the key is don't get any of the yolks into the whites. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar to the whites and beat the whites until they are fluffy. This is kind of a personal pref as to how you want the whites to be- to a stiff peak (you can turn the bowl upside down and they won't slide out) or not that much. I usually beat mine to a stiff peak, then fold in the remaining ingredients 3 eggs yolks, 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese, 1 pack of splenda. (I mix the yolks, cottage cheese, sweetener together in the other bowl before I add it to the whites) Don't mix it for more than a minute- so you don't break down the fluffy-ness of the whites.

After it's all mixed, spoon it onto a "Pam-ed" cookie sheet into 6 "piles"- the book says to stack it up 2 inches high per roll, but mine are never that firm to stay stacked, they usually kind of spread out on the sheet.

However they land on the sheet, just pop them into the oven at 300 degrees for an hour.

Makes 6 rolls at .5 carbs per roll (or 3 for the whole batch)

In my opinion, Linda's low carb site is one of the best low carb recipe sites on the internet!

All the best to you!!

Kim

JerseyGyrl
11-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Kim YOU ROCK !!!! Congrats on being OP during a difficult holiday and congrats on 146 :hug:

Thanks so much for your kind words Leenie!:hug:

lilybelle
11-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the recipe Kim, I didn't know how to make these, so usually just don't eat any bread. I'm definitely going to try these. Big congrat's on the wt. loss.

I'm glad Thanksgiving is done. We had 2 lg. dinners to attend yesterday. I didn't do too awfully bad, but wasn't perfect. I refused leftovers and am on plan again with lots of walking in my forecast. My family tried to push desserts on me, but I held my willpower.

We're going deer hunting this weekend.

We have another grandbaby on the way. Our 2nd oldest step-daughter is due a baby in June. This was announced last night. Her and her DH just got married in July and are very excited.

Hi L.J. , feel free to ask any questions. You're welcome to come here any time.

JerseyGyrl
11-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks Lily! I appreciate your kind words!

Congratulations to you & DH on your upcoming new grandbaby!! How exciting!!:)

aud
11-24-2006, 02:42 PM
WTG ALL!:)

I've been all over the map with this diet and have found that on one hand, I can get anal too LJ . . . but on the other hand, it's easy to slip out of ketosis if you don't watch pretty carefully, you know? I can tell when I'm in ketosis/a fat burning machine by how dry my mouth is - and if I'm not in ketosis and thinking "Oh, I can eat a bunch of this 'cause its LC" is where I get in trouble and GAIN weight. The way I do Atkins is really the high fat way and high calorie - so this time around I'm gonna lean toward the super carb counting way until I get the BULK of this weight off.:)

Anything "white" tends to lead to carb binge eating for me but if I ever get a grip, would love to try those rolls! When we get back from the Hotel, can't wait to see the recipes on Linda's LC. I'm taking a small cooler with plenty of turkey and mayo . . . leftover green beans and the small amount of LC Pumpkin Pudding/SF Whipped Cream that's left in case I get the munchies - which I do late at night when the 1st shift world is snoring and I have the 2nd shift wide awakes!

CYA All soon - and careful with those leftovers!:)

Hollyxmas
11-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I did it, I had a LC Thanksgiving. I had turkey, dill green beans, and a little plain fried eggplant; my aunt made breaded eggplant and I asked her to do two for me with out the breading. For dessert I had SF Jello with cream on it. I was so proud, thank you everyone for your support.

Today I also found out my mom is getting married and she asked me to stand up for her! I really need to stay on this same track; I want to look great for the wedding.

WTG to everyone who made it through, I know it was hard and those who did not, It’ll be easy to start it up again.

I’m going to try making those rolls this weekend, are they safe for the induction Phase? Thanks for the recipe!

lilybelle
11-24-2006, 11:17 PM
I made the revolution rolls this afternoon and mine turned out very flat. I used them like pancakes instead. LOL. Tasted good anyway. I am definitely on program again. Does anyone know if these rolls can be made in a muffin pan to make them thicker? I bought heavy whipping cream that has 0 carbs to use as my coffee creamer. This will help trim more carbs, I drink a lot of coffee.
My DD and DH are putting up the Christmas tree. Moved it to the living room from the formal dining room. We sure have a lot of gifts to wrap.

JerseyGyrl
11-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Iím going to try making those rolls this weekend, are they safe for the induction Phase? Thanks for the recipe!

Holly,
Personally, I wouldn't eat these on Induction since they contain cottage cheese & cottage cheese is not on the acceptable food list for Induction. But, to each their own. You may be able to have them with no stalls or problems.

All the best to you!!

Kim

beach bum
11-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Good Saturday Morning Ladies:)

Well the countdown is started in 24 hrs from now, we'll be in the plane heading for our Hawaiian Cruise. So much to do,and still no time to get every done. DH is going to the dump and get all our garage disposed of .While I going to get my iron out and press the last minute pant suits,before going into the suitcase.

Called my gastroenterolist yesterday and he told me to take 1 tb of Medamucil per day or 3 ts 3 x's a day and that should relieve the bloating.Well this morning it worked and I'm down 1 lb. on the scale.Big deal as the scale is still higher than what my tracker reads.

My last meals at home

b-3 Atkins Revolution Rolls made into cream cheese danish,1/2 c soy milk.

l-L/C 4 cheese chicken,with veggies,lg salad with dress.

d-Pot Luck[left over turkey breast will all the trimmings]

So long and I'll see you in to weeks. STAY LOW CARBING.

Hugs :) BB

JerseyGyrl
11-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Holly, these muffins are something you could have on Induction:) They are quite good! And Lily, you can make them in muffin cups:)

Cream Cheese Muffins

2 8oz. pks. philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (I use spenda)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. Add other ingredients. Beat with mixer till smooth. Pour into 12 muffin pans lined with the papers. Bake at 350 for 20 min.

Approx, 2 carbs per muffin.

Delicious with sugar free raspberry jam!

lilybelle
11-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks Kim, I will try these muffins today. I am a great cook at fixing regular meats, casseroles, mexican foods and italian foods and such. But, I have never had a knack for baking. My idea of a cake or pie or cookie comes from a box. LOL. Thanks so much for the new food ideas. Eating eggs and sausage every morning gets real OLD after 16 months. LOL

lilybelle
11-25-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm having some trouble at home. Is there anyone that I can PM as a sounding board/ I don't have anyone that I can talk to.

Hollyxmas
11-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks Kim, I have a long way to go and need to stay on track all the way. I deeply appreciate your help in finding the recipe!!

I look at Linda’s low carb site and there is a lot of great ideas there, thank you.

I had another good day yesterday, I’m at work again today and I packed my typical lunch. I really need to cook tomorrow to liven up lunch. Now I just need to step exercising more, I’ve been doing sit ups at night but I really need to take time for myself and start walking. Well would like to wish everyone a great LC weekend.

RobinW
11-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Lily you can pm me if you like.

SherryA
11-25-2006, 03:44 PM
or me

RobinW
11-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Restarted today! All the left over carby stuff is gone!! There are no tempting treats of any kind in the house!!

I didnt think waiting til monday was going to help me any.

SherryA
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Good for you Robin!

I'm still hanging in there eating meats and veggys mostly. Some low carb goodies, but no sugars or starches.

L.J.
11-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi again! haven't been by in a few days. It's been a *tough* several days. :dizzy:
I am wondering, however, what do you all have for breakfast? Do any of you use the LC breads or wraps on the market. I looked in vain, for atkins bread, even the mix to make rolls or pancakes with no luck. It does state on his website in a Sample INDUCTION WEEK menu showing bread (his brand) on the menu and pancakes, I am assuming made from his mix.
I think if I can have a 1/2 sandwich at lunch or slice of toast, it would behove my efforts and my intentions. Could be a mind set thing :D
Dinner is no problem. What are your breakfast, choices?
Another question would be..what about if you need to take Pepto for a stomach ache or Rolaids up an upset stomach, do these count towards putting some type of sugar in the body durning your induction?
Weird question I know, but I wonder about these things :dizzy:
That's me being anal :D
Still am enjoying reading here and love your comradiere. I even emailed Linda @ Lindas Low Carb and actually heard from her :cool:
She also states that she didn't adherd to the 20 grams and Today just watches her carb intake. Did any of you read her bio?? and see the other pictures on her site?? Awesome!!!!
Oh....I LOVE vegetables but can see they are limited..to an extent. How do or did you veggie lovers out there handle it? I am in the mood for a great big salad with REAL dressing.
Thank you one and all for any input you can give me. I will be back, if it's ok with all of you....
BTW...you all did an awesome job with T-giving....

JerseyGyrl
11-26-2006, 09:03 AM
L.J.

There are lots of quiche's (meatless & also with meat) on Linda's website you could have for breakfast as well as mock danish, "waffles" & "french toast".

Personally, I don't buy that Dr. Atkins ever meant Induction to include breads (even low carb). Unfortunately, after his death, Atkins Nutritionals took over and a lot of things changed. Sticking with whole, unprocessed foods on the acceptable foods list is, in my opinion, your best bet for Induction.

All the best to you!!

Kim

RobinW
11-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

LJ, I agree with Kim. If you check out the "what did you have for breakfast" thread it will give you lots of ideas on what to have for breaky.

about the rolaids....I take tums all the time. Seems that the more water I drink, the heart burn I get. I dont count the tums, or pepcid complete in my carb counts. I havent found them to affect my weightloss at all. So dont worry about that...its not worth risking burning your esophogus(cant spell that one).

Well, I made it thru yesterday Yahhhh!! :cb: :cb: :cb: k, on to today!

Lily, pm me and I'll give you my email address if you would like.

Have a great sunday ladies.

aud
11-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi All!

Tx for mentioning sit ups Holly . . . was trying to think of something that I could do during our football afternoon instead of just vegetating on the couch - gonna try to do some sets during the commercials. LOOK OUT you non-existent stomach muscles LOL!:D

IA with jerseygirl on the atkins/bread thing. Would just add that for me personally, any kind of lc bread/ lc chips etc at the beginning point just leads me to obsess about bread etc in a way - eventually to bingeing or at least a stall out. I just think to myself that the white stuff is out of my life at this point-not forever. JMO.

Sending lilyb some positive vibes--lily has already been such an inspiration to me!:)

Speaking of inspiration . . . A Big Chat Shout Out to "Sherry 3day No Cheat"!!!:hug: :D :carrot:

I DID love Linda's Low Carb Site lj . . . and enjoyed her bio. I don't have the discipline at this point to just go with whole foods and not count - altho' that's where I'd like to be when I grow up. ;) :D I'm making it 3 days at a time by being very careful . . . weight loss would be the proverbial icing on the proverbial cake . . . right now I'm just loving feeling GREAT! Looking fwd to re-visiting there for more recipes.

Breakfast isn't a deal for me cause of the shift I'm on . . . just not hungry for breakfast when I wake up in the afternoon. AM forcing myself to get something down for fuel sake only.

Congrats on cleaning the house out robin - I recently did the same thing for a twofold reason - one of our Holiday Visitors-9 yrs old-has a severe eating disorder. Her Mom has to lock the refrigerator and cabinets with padlocks - saw something similar to this on Maury one time(????) She is in intensive treatment (for several years) but Mom was still hesitant to let her stay for a slumber party--I threw all the "bad" kind of foods OUT for her sake AND MINE! So far so good - 'cept I just noticed that while I was in here on the PC, the Poor Thing just ate the leftovers off everyone's breakfast plates.:(

lilybelle
11-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks ladies, I'll wait til tomorrow to PM when DH is back at work. Not much privacy right now.

We went deer hunting yesterday, I saw 2 but didn't get a shot.

I'm staying on program with my eating and walking. Hope everyone else is doing great.

L.J.
11-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks Kim, Robin and Aud.....
Yea I did wonder about the bread in the 'sample' menu...guess I'll do without. Can always have my tuna on romaine lettuce, and I think the bread thing is a mental thing. In his book before his death he did state do not stray from Induction the first two weeks. It's gonna be tough I'll I have to give it at least that.
I am in awe of all of you, so disiplined. Do any of you write down you carb intake in a journaling sort of way?
Guess that is enough questions for one day :D
Lilybelle...I don't know you quite yet but I want to tell you I hope everything is ok...I know what it means to have 'no one' to talk to when you're feeling down.

Well I'm getting hungry, it 1:45.. Oh, I did have a good breakfast I thought. 2 JimmyDean breakfast sausages no carbs, and one egg 1 carb, and my beloved coffee with 1tbs of heavy cream....oh yeah and the heartburn that followed :D....gave in and took a rolaids chewable...:D
I'll check back later today or tomorrow....we're in the process of rearranging furniture...I bore easily :lol: and I need a change!!!

PS my lunch included dry salami...it states ZERO carbs
but in the ingredients listed sugar is near the end of the list...now what?? I was reading Atkins Book when I thought...oh no!!! see, now I feel like I messed up my otherwise good day...
Then why does the package say ZERO carbs...ughhh:( Now I have to wonder about the JD breakfast sauage patties....:(
Guess I can toss this up to not another good day....
Oh Well :cool:
Thanks again everyone!!

SherryA
11-26-2006, 04:42 PM
My scale was back down to 249.5 again today. I had refused to change my marker when it slipped higher. Now for some new losses.

needtolose4me2
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey all! Sounds like everyone did great over Thanksgiving. Thats wonderful! Ihave been feeling really hungry lately, Maybe it's because I've started exercising more. Finding it tough to keep from snacking. All the protien is making me nausaus already!
Lillybelle, I know I'm a little late with the offer of a shoulder but, YOu have been an inspiration to me and more help than you know. I would be happy to be able to help you out anyway I can, Even if it's just lending an ear!

Have a good next week all!
Maggie

aud
11-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Evening All! Just got back from walking all over downtown looking at the Christmas Decorations and window shopping with DH. We're going to try avoid a certain gigantic box shaped chain store this year and give cute presents from our darling downtown. Stopped at the coffee shop and had a sf raspberry frappe. Gosh its been a great holiday . . . and looking forward to NOT having to go to work again tomorrow! w00t!:carrot:

lj - 1 carb here or there shouldn't make you think you've had a "bad day" - or are you just kidding?:sp:

Managed a few sets of crunches holly.:workout:

WTG sherry!:high: I don't weigh again til Wed but feeling optimistic already.

Remembered a treat I used to love for dessert - I'd freeze whipped cream in ice cube trays . . . pop a few out into a mug and pour diet root beer over the top. YUM!:drool:

RobinW
11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Remembered a treat I used to love for dessert - I'd freeze whipped cream in ice cube trays . . . pop a few out into a mug and pour diet root beer over the top. YUM!:drool:

oh man, that just sounds dangerously good! Ok, whip cream-whipped in cubes, or just plain whipping cream unwhipped?

lady_adnerb
11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Hunting is over. Thanksgiving is over. And I'm ready to start getting back to a normal routine!! I can't wait until tomorrow!! Then again, not looking forward to the headaches and being tired. But AM looking forward to not feeling so bloated and LOOKING bloated. BLECH!

ONWARD!!!!

SherryA
11-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Brenda, look at the positives. One small headache shouldn't last too long. 3 days from now you will be in ketosis and you will be burning fat! You can do it!