PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Question about Provera

My doctor prescribed me Provera today.

I need to know if anyone else had irregular cycles and didn't know when their cycle should have started and are taking Provera. If so, when do you start taking the Provera? Now or wait?

Secondly, anyone who has taken it did you have any weight loss or gain?

Any help about Provera would be appreciated!!

Thanks
cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I only took Provera when I was ttc. If I remember, my doc said to take it right away ( I didn't have cycles at all at that point) so it would bring on af. As far as which days of the cycles to take it for subsequent months, I'm not sure, you should ask your doctor. It's been like four years, so it's a little foggy for me.
I didn't experience any weight loss or gain, just freaky mood swings and eventual af.
Best of luck to you!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I'm not PCOS, but I do take Provera every 3 months to (try to) have a cycle. I was taking it every month for about 6 months, and my experience was that for the ten days I was taking it each month, I wouldn't lose anything, then a day or two after I quit taking it, I would start losing again. Maybe coincidental, but I never thought so. (Thanks for the reminder, I'm supposed to take it again in November.)

I would advise you to ask your doctor when to take it. My doctor had me take a ten day cycle once a month.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #4  

Anybody have any problems with migraines when taking Provera?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I never did. Maybe you should ask your doc if that's a normal side effect. I looked it up and found only one ( I looked at 5 or 6) website that listed a change in migraine patterns as a side effect.
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:03 AM   #6  

Thanks for letting me know!! I also noticed that it was listed as a side effect. I was just wondering if anyone else suffered from migraines while taking it.