Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL #281 Nov 20 - 26

Happy get ready for Thanksgiving week to our USA posters! Did anyone attempt the grocery store yesterday? Yeesh.....

I have early and late clients every day this week except Thursday, and even had two who wanted to train on Thursday. Uh, sorry.

OK, Let's all remember it's Thanksgiving DAY, not week! I'm trying to take off a pound by Thursday so I can have a pumpkin pecan custard for dessert without extra cardio or pounds

Leg day and some rug cleaning cardio

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

So T-giving on Thursday huh? I'll join in with the turkey, but perhaps not the pumpkin pie Although those pumpkin protein bars might be a nice substitute... Must make pumpkin bars! Oooh I can now I bought a new blender!

Hey - I had a clean weekend! Hooray! I have told DH that we shouldn't eat out as much as we have been doing and I'm trying to coax him out of his office chair to do some running on a Wednesday night... So far the excuse has been his Dad visiting (fair enough) and then he's going to some conference next wednesday... I'll get him one of these days!

I'm feeling slightly below par so have given the gym a miss - even though I have CLEAN GYM CLOTHES! YAY! The guy came to fix the washing machine on Saturday so it's been on non-stop since then!

I have to teach my little monsters this evening, perhaps I should save some energy for then!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:01 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

*cough*

Where is everyone?

My exercise for yesterday consisted of teaching my little kickboxers then putting together a chest of drawers - DH did my weights for me carrying the drawers home from Ikea They were about 55lbs!!! Bless the man, he's such a sweetie! I can't believe he went to Ikea all by himself, after work, on the BUS and carried the darn thing home!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Am off to Nashville for the week to visit grandbaby and DD and DSIL. Happy turkey day to those who celebrate!
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm here! And I did legs yesterday but I'm such a light weight (pun intended) that I just read here and hardly ever post Just soakin' it in.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:16 AM   #6  
Mel

Here! Off to work and workout. Fru- I think most of the USA is at the grocery store.

Legs are pleasantly sore from yesterday. Today I'll hit chest hard, trying to get 30 reps of BP at 60% bodyweight...then my usual chest workout. Cardio later.

DD flies in tonight. I spent yesterday night "de-allergizing" the house and the poor cat is piteously meowing from the basement.

Mel
Old 11-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

The grocery store eh I thought it might be something to do with that thanksgiving thingy you have over there!

I have been to the gym! I felt HORRIBLE when I got out of bed this morning, but I've found a new routine on John Berardi's website, so I thought I'd give it a go! I did 6 sets of 5 reps for 30degree incline DB press and 5 x 5 Janda situps.... I'm not sure I did it right, but it felt hard and horrible!

I'm not 100% sure I'll be training tonight, somehow my head's just not in it. I don't want to hang around for an hour beforehand and I don't really workout too hard on a Tuesday, I haven't got my pads or uniform with me and I'm feeling a little blah still... Can you tell I'm talking myself out of it! I think I'll go home for tidying and cuddles and I might join you US guys at the grocery store!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #8  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm here, I'm here...

Up to my neck in cranberries, but I'm here.

DS1 came home from school with the flu. Poor bug. He was walking like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders and shivering all over.
Thankfully there is no school tomorrow and he can rest without missing classes.

I had a so-so upper body workout yesterday. I noticed real pain in my shoulder so I backed off of my routine quite a bit. I came home and iced it the rest of the afternoon. This morning it felt good as new. There must be something to this RICE thing at the first sign of injury.

I had a major NSV this morning. A little background: DH and I have been invited to a holiday party downtown in early December. I really didn't want to purchase a gown for the party since it is only one evening. My mother, who has always been much more slender than I, had a couple of dresses that she offered for me to try on. When she bought the dress, she was a size 6, I was a size 18 .'Nuff said. I took a deep breath zipped it up and OMG it fit beautifully. It just needed to be hemmed. (Mom's a little taller... okay a lot) So, now the challenge is to keep the eating clean for the next few weeks. I see a cookie and I'm thinking, nope. It'll show on that dress.

FRU: Nice to see you back. I love the image of your DH carrying the chest of drawers home on the bus to his beautiful young bride. Ahhh. Newlyweds...

SUSANAM: Enjoy that new grandchild! We will have a new baby joining us at our holiday table this year as well. My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy two weeks ago. He is now the fourth grandson in the family. Actually, we only have boys in the family. Needless to say it is very NOISY in my parents home during the holidays. Little boys darting about in every direction. Great fun though.

SUSANB: Hello to you too. You a lurker?! Yeah, I don't think so.

MEL: MEEEOOOOOWWWWWWW! (Cat speak for let me out of here NOW)

Tomorrow will be cooking day for me. Mom hosts the meal in her home, but I make the dishes in my kitchen and cater it to her. It's a good deal really, she does the cleaning and preps for guests and I prepare the meals. No one gets stuck with the whole job. Besides, everyone in the family will tell you, I'm the cook. Mom, she has other outstanding qualities...
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #9  
Mel

Lydia! As another one who has been larger than my mother for most of my adult life, I can understand the joy you must have felt when that zipper went up! Fantastic

Mel
Old 11-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #10  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Thanks Mel.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:27 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

I'm utterly wrecked! I don't know what's going on!!! Me and DH are both shattered, I think we got turned round the wrong way in our sleeping patterns while we were on honeymoon. We used to stay up till midnight and sleep till 10am. Before we went I was awake at half 6 every morning without fail, now I'm finding it a struggle to get up at 7am and feel tired ALL DAY! I even missed training last night!

My head's not in the exercising game at the moment, but eating is good. It's really wierd, since usually it's the other way round!!!! What's going on??

I did do some heavy sets in the gym yesterday lunch, and I'm going to go and do some more today. I also weighed this morning and it was NOT a pretty sight! I need to get some proper cardio back into my routine. The plan was to go running with DH every Wednesday but he's not been available and I haven't had the energy to go out and especially to bully him to come out with me at the weekends. I'm going to do some HIIT at the gym at lunch. I found those 2 exercises of 6 sets of 5 only really take half an hour to do, so I will get some treadmill time in!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:47 AM   #12  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
I'm utterly wrecked! I don't know what's going on!!! Me and DH are both shattered,
Post Wedding Syndrome, I'd say. Very common. No need to worry. Just relax. Ease yourself back into things gently. You'll be fine.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:34 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

Ahhhhh PWS... that sounds like something I could say in an authoratative voice... It's not me it's my PWS!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #14  
aka Superwoman!

I've found a cure for PWS! It lies in the gym within the heavy rubber plates and the rubber mats and within the whirring of the treadmill.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:02 AM   #15  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds good. Let us know how it works out. Or let me know. It looks as though it's just us today.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote