WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 11-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default Laughing Cow Cheese

Have you bought it? Do you like it? I've been hearing a bit about it and was thinking of getting some. I looked at my local grocery store and couldn't find it, but now realize I should've maybe looked by the specialty cheeses/deli counter instead of by the cream cheese and shredded cheese etc.

I'm thinking it would make a nice snack with some fresh veggies like carrot sticks or celery....

Thanks for any input!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Love it. I get the light version. Yes, it is usually by the more gourmet cheeses at the grocery store, sometimes it is not refrigerated. It is also sold at my CostCo (don't know if you have one in your area). I love it lots of ways, one of my favorites is stirred into spaghetti squash to make a super-yummy, super-healthy version of "fettucine alfredo."
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #3  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I've never been fond of any light versions of food...to me, they never quite have a decent flavor...

But at my local Krogers, they are right there with the shredded cheese, cream cheese, etc. I tend to get the original one, and snack on them from time to time. I did try the others, but wasnt' overly impressed.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #4  
a brave new me...

Yeah I am not much of a light food person either and was quite skeptical, but lite Laughing Cow cheese is very good. They have soft wedges but also a lite semi-hard round that tastes great and melts really well. Such a treat. I still occassaionlly have real cheese, but the Laughing Cow cheese is the way to go to keep points low. I love an onion and garlic lite wedge spread on rice crackers... very low points.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #5  
One Martini at a Time...

mmmm i am having the Light Garlic & Herv on Kashi Seasame crackers for the first time, it's darn good!
WineBratSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I put it in celery--it's great! I take LCL stuffed celery to events when I need to bring a snack, and the celery is always gone.

I've also used it in a chicken recipe that is really good and very easy. Pound a chicken breast, put a slice of deli ham on it, put a wedge of LCL on top of the ham, roll up the chicken breast, dip in egg white or FF milk and then roll in shake and bake, secure with toothpicks and bake. Haven't made it since I do Core more often so I forget the points, but it's very low because the shake and bake stuff is negligible.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #7  
barb

Height: 5'7

This is my fabvorite chees. My 1st grader takes it to lunch with celery. We also like the garlic one Yummy So worth 1pt....
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #8  
100 pound looser!!

Default Laughing Cow ...Delish!!

You'll love it. The light and the regular have the same points per serving: 1. I love it on crackers (TLC), english muffins with some fruit spread, to make a light 'alfredo' sauce for pasta, on veggies ...Yum, yum, yum!!!
Chickieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #9  
Kelly M

OK, I finally remembered to look in the correct spot in the grocery store and found it. I thought it was a bit pricey....$5.99 for the 8-wedge-wheel, but I bought it anyway. YUM! I tried the light French Onion, and have been dipping my baby carrots in it. Nice way to get a cheese into my body, and feel decadent by dipping my veggies in something. No one else in the family has tried them, so I guess they're all mine! YES! I don't mind the little bit extra if it will actually be in the fridge when I want it! For a sweet low point snack I love the Special K Strawberry bars (2 pts), but so does every one else! I'll pick up a box of 6, and it'll be empty the first time I grab for one!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

Just remember that Laughing Cow DOES NOT count toward a dairy serving.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #11  
Kelly M

Thank you for the reminder, I wasn't sure!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:55 AM   #12  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

does anyone know if this cheese is sold at wal-mart?? i live in a medium sized city and we don't have all the other stores. we have wal-mart, super 1, brookshires, krogers and albertsons.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

Kroger should have it in the speciality cheese section near the deli. Super Wal-mart also carries it near the deli the the specialty cheese section too
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #14  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

omg!!! thank you so much!! i do all my grocery shopping at super wal-mart!!! now i don't have to make any extra trips when i go grocery shopping 2night!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:41 AM   #15  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I made a super-yummy and FAST dinner last night. Took 4 oz thin turkey cutlets, spread with a laughing cow cheese wedge, added a couple slices of red bell pepper and some spinach, then rolled up tightly and baked for about half an hour at 375. Just seasoned the tops with salt and pepper and put in the oven.

It was SO good. The laughing cow made it really creamy.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote