Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default NSV: Better health and more energy

So this is not really about WLifting, but maybe, it is, because I never had this much more energy without strong muscles to propel me thru the day. So in a fit of extra energy and clear head this morning (which I never use to have) I cleaned out my medicine cabinet in my kitchen.

I threw away lots of expired OTC meds and some Rx meds, but of most interest was that I threw away 3 of my asthma inhalers - 2 of which were completely unopened. Because you see, this time last year, I was already experiencing my second cold of the season, which for me, always turned into an asthma episode for me which required my inhaler. So this time last year, I was always making sure I had my current and a spare on hand and always maxed out my refills. Now, the medicine is not even being opened before it expires. Yes I'm annoyed that I probably threw away big $$$s on meds I never needed, but I'm more excited that they were never needed. Even though dd brought home a NASTY cough from school which ran thru the family, I remained unaffected. I was a little "off" this past Sunday and rested in bed the whole day. I had a minor cough for a few days, but it's over. I think the strong body from cardio each day and raising my core temp is responsible.

So, my NSV is throwing away my asthma medications!!! I didn't go off the deep end - I still kept the unexpired ones - at least until I get thru the whole cold and flu season this winter. But this is HUGE! JUst the feeling of not being able to fully expel air from your lungs, always coughing upon exertion, it's a terrible sensation and it's gone!!!

HOORAY!!!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #2  

FRAN - Wahoo on success. Keep it up, you are such an inspiration.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #3  
Mel

Congratulations, that is a huge health success!
Do you use glutamine? It has all sorts of bronchial health properties in addition to helping with sore muscles.
http://www.bio-logicsolutions.com/glutamin.htm

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

HRBabe, I found out the same thing....when I started exercising regularly, and losing weight, I found I no longer suffered from asthma. I end up spending money only to keep my inhalers handy in case of colds....which were rare until this year when all the younger people in the office started having children and bringing in their kids' cold germs. Even still, my colds are usually much milder and of shorter duration. All kinds of pluses to taking care of yourself!!! Good for you!
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote