General chatter - Marty, The Biggest Loser

View Full Version : Marty, The Biggest Loser

MoNewEngland
11-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Who watched last night? I was so sad to see Marty go but I was so excited to see his "after" video. My kids and I were in shock when they showed his after. He looks simply amazing, not just fit and trim but he looks like a sculpted elite athlete. They showed him playing basketball and football, simply amazing. I think it said he's at 140 lbs. lost! He was so proud to show off his body and new life to his students, I'm very happy for him.

I hope Erik goes next for voting off his best friend.

Kimphin
11-16-2006, 11:51 AM
I wonder if Bob is going to freak out at Erik for voting for Marty. And, if Erik is next, then what will Bob do - if no one is training with him?

Gladdy
11-16-2006, 12:01 PM
The blue team messed up by giving Kai a pass during the challenge. Does anyone else think that her fear of heights was overstated? I think it was a ruse on her part so that they'd feel sorry for her...and it worked because they passed up the opportunity to bring her down to the ground.

Justinsmom
11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
I really can't stand Kai or Heather. They have the worst attitudes. They were just so hateful in the beginning. And Adrian really needs to go. OMG I've never seen someone so whinney. I was really kinda pulling for Marty.

rockinrobin
11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
I also watched it with my kids, we were sooo rooting for Marty. But we knew he was gonna get the boot, I mean he IS much more of a threat to everyone remaining then Wylie. But man he sure looked fantastic. No matter how many times I see before and after shots I'm just truly amazed. I mean not to hurt anyone's feelings, including my own, but fat is not pretty. The after pictures are ALWAYS better, well duh, but yeah I mean not to be repetitive- thinner is prettier then fatter, not that you CAN'T be fat AND pretty, oh you know what I'm saying. Please say you know what I'm saying, I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

junebug41
11-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Justinsmom- I completely agree about Kai and Heather's attitudes. It's hard to pull for them. And even though Adrienne is the whiniest person I've ever seen, I couldn't help but be a little happy when she ended up on top.

lizziness
11-16-2006, 12:23 PM
this was the first episode I got to see all season (we thought we were going to watch Jericho, but it was awful)...

Marty looked amazing - and adorable! I hope that if nothing else he wins something, like they've done in the past... they had a biggest loser, and then a biggest loser than went home prize...

Those two women were utterly annoying. I've got to say, when they are picking people to be on that show, they do a good job of getting a few whiney women in there every year! I'm always surprised they make it as far as they do, and happy to see them finally get voted out in the end.. is that wrong? *L*

Sakai
11-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I was so mad that marty had to go. But I understood that it is a game and Marty was a threat to them. still.. Marty was my fav.
I couldn't believe how wonderful her looked. he lost 140 pounds. that's just crazy. way to go marty!

I don't think Kai was overacting her fear of hights. My Aunt is afraid of hights and she freaks when she gets more than three steps up a ladder. Though it was strange that she was afraid to go lower. Of course there is always the fear that as it moves the cables will snap and everythng will come to the ground @_@
Adrian..OMG... Such a baby. It's a game, don't freak out over the rules.

MrsDawsondn
11-16-2006, 02:24 PM
awwww man I missed it trying to watch stupid ANTM! Can you watch the episode on nbc.com?

NemesisClaws
11-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Marty...what can I say? The man is hot now! LOL I would be very surprised to hear later on that he went back to being flabby...gosh, he looks so good!

Adrian got on my freaking nerves! "This game is not fair! You know they are gonna vote off the two new people!!!" Wah Wah Wah....give me a break! Although, the two new folks were on the ground first, so in a way, she was right...but still, throw a snit fit in front of millions of people, and in front of your group? Bad move.....trust me, if she went below that yellow line, her butt was toast....

As for Kai and Heather, would someone please tell me what the heck they are still doing on the show??? One would think the men would have voted them off long before now...sheesh...

mandalinn82
11-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Adrian is the WORST! I wonder how she lost so much weight at home with such a bad attitude...weight loss ain't always fair, and neither are reality shows, for Heaven's sake.

I feel like Kai really could have been that scared of heights - it wasn't so much that she was scared of getting closer to the ground, she was scared of being moving at 30 feet up.

I think Erik is kind of slimy. Yes, I realize its a game, but thats the second time now he has done something I considered objectionable for the purpose of "playing the game" (the first being forcing Kai to play her immunity). I want him to go home.

rockinrobin
11-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I want him to go home.

You know what I want them all to go home, these are not the nicest group of people I've ever come across, at least that's how it is coming across on the TV. It would be much more enjoyable if I actually liked somebody that's left. Could you imagine if one of those girls wins, uch? Or Erik. I'd also like Caroline Rhea to go home, how did they pick her and why? For her beautiful physique and knowledge of weightloss and fitness? Or her unbelivable squeaky and annoying voice.

707Goddess
11-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I MISSED IT sigh is it going to replay?

Clydegirl
11-16-2006, 03:34 PM
They won't repeat the show Michelle. I tried to watch it online one week and all I could find was a 2 minute recap.

Adrian is very annoying.She has done very well since arriving at the ranch must be working with a trainer.

I'm surprised that only the 2 guys were working with Bob.I prefer him to the new girl.

Marty looked fantastic last night.

707Goddess
11-16-2006, 03:53 PM
darn it i had to go visit my son i thought it was at 9pm i totally missed it

Glory87
11-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I heard over on the televisionwithoutpity boards that Marty hooked up with Amy!

He did look absolutely amazing - "gun show" is right. He has the most beautiful eyes.

Kimphin
11-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I thought is was ironic that Adrienne kept saying "I'm going to look stupid" as she was throwing these complete tantrums! um, Adrienne, you already look stupid.

MoNewEngland
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
"fed" up: I was just saying the same thing to a friend of mine. The host does have an annoying voice and why was she chosen to host a weight loss show?

Goddess: I thought it was on at 9 also but around 8:10 I turned on the TV just to be sure, good thing I did!

Mandalinn: I agree, I want Erik to go home too. I don't especially like Kai, but it was awful he forced her to use her immunity pass. I wished she didn't use it that episode and he probably would have been voted off that night. She used it to cover herself but I think they would have booted him because he was such a big threat.

Spideranne
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I love this show and I too am sorry to see Marty go. He seemed like the only one left that put "playing" the game secondary to his weight and fitness goals. You can tell in his current pics that he did great on his own.

To some degree I can sympathize with Adrian. All of her defense mechanisms are shinning through for the world to see. When she was at home there was no one there to see if she failed. Now if she fails, everyone sees so instead she tries to quit or sabotage herself. I used to do this quite a bit myself. Rather then try really hard and fail at something I wouldn't even try or I'd give up. It was easier to know that I'd quit then I tried but wasn't "good enough" A back wards attitude I know, but I can see that a bit in Adrian so I sympathize. Her whining is annoying though.

On Caroline Rhae - here is a fun game. Count the number of times she says "below the yellow line" in one show. I think the highest has been about 20. We usually try to record it so we don't have to listen to everything repeated so many times.

Gladdy
11-16-2006, 06:14 PM
You know what I want them all to go home, these are not the nicest group of people I've ever come across, at least that's how it is coming across on the TV. It would be much more enjoyable if I actually liked somebody that's left. .....

I hear ya! (although I do like Jaron and will root for him.) I guess all this drama makes for good drama. LOL.

Even so, when I think of BL, I always think of Gary (the first BL show) running back to join Mo in the race and encouraging him to finish. It was wonderful.

sapphire9
11-16-2006, 06:46 PM
I only caught a part of last night's show and missed the final vote. Although I've been watching this year from the beginning, I haven't "bonded" with any of the contestants. I think it's because of the 50 original participants, the adding back in of two and the constant re-shuffling from groups to duos to individuals. I don't much like any of them either. I really liked the show last year and find myself wondering how Dr. Jeff is doing. We know all about Suzy and Matt. Poor Bob. He's down to one contestant and he's so nice. Well, maybe it will get better.

Michelle
11-17-2006, 01:02 AM
I saw him last night and OMG, what a difference! He looks so good and happy now!:D

happy2bme
11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I was rooting for Marty all along but I figured that as much as he applied to his workouts, he would be pegged as a threat and bounced. I think they will do the same with the new guy - Jarron?

Once he goes I can say there is absolutely no one that I would care to see win and I probably won't watch any more of the show. I think the rest of them are quite the whiney bunch. I was also disappointed in the way the trainers seemed to treat the new people - as outsiders. They should be there to train, no matter what. The problem with many of the reality shows is that the nicer popular folks get knocked off early leaving the schemers to duke it out in the end.

I didn't care for this season's show much at all, tho people like Marty and Brian were a tribute to what can be with effort and dedication.

I was particularly inspired by Marty and his students. You could see there was a genuine bond of love between them that came right through the television set. 140 pounds lost is absolutely FABULOUS :carrot: He looks wonderful and will continue to be an inspiration to people long after the show is a dim memory.

Way to go Marty! :woohoo: :congrat: :bravo:

chick_in_the_hat
11-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Adrian might be whiney....and the tantrum over the lack of fairness in the challenge was over the top...but I had to give her some kudos for what she said right before she got on the bike. She said something to the effect of if they are going to be burning calories so am I. BTW...she was absolutely right about it not being fair. The new people were the first to go down. That and she lost a LOT of weight this week. Whining notwithstanding. I'm rooting for her. Call it an underdog thing. I really do wish she would stop beating herself up (and whining). She needs Jillian - who is really good at teaching positive self talk.

I think it is wierd that they haven't switched up the trainers to make it more even...maybe Bob's crappy attitude towards the new people is the problem.

kateful
11-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Brian was my favorite. I hope Jaron wins it to keep the rest of those freaks from winning. Of course, after Matt's "strategic gain" last year, it's an expectation that it'll happen every year like "secret alliances" on other programs.

Marty did look amazing, though.