Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #1  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Question re Renaissance Festival food

We go every year to the Renaissance Festival. We are going this Saturday. The only thing I want is one of the soup bowls. They are bowls made of bread filled with a thick cheese n broccoli soup. It's the only food there that I want.

My question is, and it is probably a silly one, how on earth do I figure out the points on that? I'm sure it is a huge amount, so I had already decided to just eat like 1/4 of it, but still... It's only once a year, so it can't be THAT bad, right?

Sigh.. maybe I'll just dump a load of 2 pt bars in my purse...
Old 11-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

My personal belief is that if you aren't prepared to splurge every now and then that you are shure to fail. WW is a lifestyle change and it should be forever. You should eat it and enjoy...save your flex points and don't overdo it.

I would count it like this: I went to www.dwlz.com and looked up Panera--Their bread bowl is 11 points and their broccolli cheddar soup is 6 points for 8 ounces. That would be 19 points. That would be a safe bet. Just use your flex.

I hope I helped
Old 11-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

I'm gonna DITTO SunnyBunny's suggestion on the points!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #4  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! that is great! too bad we aren't going now... but that is okay... i'll be able to stick better to my program... hubby has to work so we are staying home and working on packing for our move...

of course, i'd rather be at the renn faire devouring a soup bowl... LOL
Old 11-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Just stay on target the rest of the week, and figure the soup counts as your flex's.

You may want to look on dotties and see if she has a list for Panera - they have a broccoli/cheese soup in a breadbowl that is comparable so that would give you a ballpark.

Enjoy your splurge, then get back to business!!
Closed Thread