South Beach Diet - What have you done today that made you feel proud??

Christian
11-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Just thought this was kind of a cool idea...to let people see and write down the obctacles we all face and being able to write down the victory when we say no to them or writing down our exercise or sticking to the plan, then we can look back and really be proud of what we accomplished ((((Motivation))))
here I come!!

Today I stuck to my phase one and watched my hubby eat a double stack, fries and a coke and had not one bite of his food ;)...oh and did I mention the fried apple pie he ate afterwards??? :dizzy:

KnitALisa
11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Oooh, wow.. I'm not sure I could have done that!!

My thing that I'm proud of today isn't diet related, but I had an awesome day at work!

cottagebythesea
11-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, well, I cheated and had a mini peanutbutter cup this afternoon, so for supper instead of having the Chicken Cordon Bleu that I had planned, I had a Morningstar Tomato & Basil Veggie Burger with some steamed broccoli to compensate for the extra calories.

Christian
11-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Awsome ladies, lets keep this going :yes:

KnitALisa
11-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Ok, second thing I did today that made me proud of me: I just pushed myself through a killer workout.:woops: Time to go shower off the sweat!!

oc cutiepie
11-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Not losing my temper completely at work and quiting. I have been working so hard, extra hours, pushing myself to get this huge project done. Not one person in the supervisor group, oh I have 4 supervisors, said a word to me. No recognition, no acknowledgement, not even a "okay, good, here is some more work." NADA. :mad:
But you know what did happen. The laziest person in the office, the one that comes in late every day, the one that balances her checkbook, breaks into tears at least once a week because of some personal issue, one of the few senior members in the dept with no responsibilty assigned to her got an award. Not just an award, a breakfast along a few others in the company, and a gift for being such an outstanding employee.
It was very hard for me to watch. I am not one that usually seeks recognition, even I do something above and beyond my normal work. I get embaressed very easily. And yet, that really stung.
Everyone in the office had the mini tantrums. :congrat: I just congratulated her, asked one of my supervisors for another project, smiled and was very cheerful.
Why? Because I know in my heart I don't really answer to my employer for my hard work. I answer to God. He knows what a good job I am doing and when it comes down to it. That is more than fine with me.
And it would have been great to go out after work and eat junk food to make myself feel better, or so I thought ,when I left work.
Instead I worked out. :boxing:
Stuck with my routine and treated myself to a nice low carb hot cocoa with a shot of caramel extract.

slimNstrong
11-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I made amends with a friend today who stood a chance of letting me know that he'd rather not know me. Thankfully we're friends again.

I stepped up to the plate and took care of responsibilities that scared me, that were difficult but that an *adult* would do.

I know that's all vague but well, there it is anyway.

And, I stuck to my diet and still did my two miles!

SlimNStrong

lilybelle
11-15-2006, 02:00 AM
I ate totally on program, I exercised. I had a talk with my son about healthy eating. He's "skinny" and has been skipping meals due to stress.

Christian
11-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Feels great to do the right thing in the end doesnt it ladies ;)

So far today...I took my youngest to Burger King because she forget to eat breakfast on the way to school and didnt order myself anything, she got a sausage biscuit and only ate half , she said if she is gonna eat something that isnt healthy she is gonna eat a smaller portion of it...I thought in my head....Go mom :cheer: for living that in front of her :yes:

beachgal
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Christian, for a great thread. :hug: Sounds like you're doing a great job modeling healthy living for your daughter. :)

I had protein for breakfast instead of the bread I was craving...'cause I knew it would make me feel better! :D

Christian
11-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks beachgal ;)

Great job on your having protien for breakfast, seems like if I start the day out wrong it just makes me crave junk the whole rest of the day :shrug:

Today I ate with a few friends at the mission ( helping prepare for our yearly feast) and I only ate the green beans while they had spagetti and garlic bread, then I came home and had some taco soup...I can still hang out with the girls and be good and it made me feel just awsome to be able to enjoy their company and not have to let food rule over me :yes:

So what did you do today???

rainydaygirl
11-20-2006, 01:53 PM
I took my measurements today (my offical end of Phase 1) and I was thrilled to see that I lost a total of 4 inches (2" off my bust, 1" off my waist and 1" off my hips!)

Christian
11-20-2006, 03:33 PM
WAY TO GO KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :carrot:

Kim_Star060404
11-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I feel proud of myself for getting up this morning to work out. The house was freezing, (okay, it was only 59*, but that's still cold), and DH was nice and warm. But I got up and did my dvd and I feel better than I would if I hadn't gotten up!

Deftones Chick
11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Although I messed up this weekend.. I logged onto 3FC this morning and started over on phase I :yes:, I didn't just forget the whole diet because of one mess up.

rainydaygirl
11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Thank you Christie! :hug:

And well done Kim! :cheer:

Congrats to you Christina for not giving up! :bravo:

RocknRoll
11-21-2006, 12:10 AM
I went to dinner at an Italian place and passed up all of the following dishes:

Fettuchini Alfredo
Fried Mozzarella
Strawberry Cheesecake
Chocolate Cake
Icecream
and some kind of apple streudal

These were all offered to me and about a foot away from me but i smiled and ate my Salmon and asparagus :) I was so proud when i got home!

Christian
11-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Great attitude Christina :D You will go far with that ;)

sunnydaysahead
11-21-2006, 09:55 AM
I dragged myself out of bed this a.m. to go to the 6 a.m. Jazzercise class! Woohoo!

Christian
11-21-2006, 11:51 AM
:welcome: RocknRoll, Way to go for staying away from all the bad stuff ;)

sunny- Doesnt it feel great after you are done exercising....its just doing it that is the problem :lol:

Today I reached a goal I did not think was even possible yet....the pair of 10 Levis I have had in my closet for about 7 years that I kept there for my goal pants, went right on this morning :cheer: I didnt have to suck in, lay down or anything, just zipped em up :carrot: I am so happy and I know that the last 4 pounds are not only doable but not nessesary to wear them :encore:

Oh and I am making peanut butter balls for my family and I have not had one, (did lick my finger though) LOL, Have a great day ladies!!

Stinger
11-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Lori- Great attitude about keeping your cool at work. Heavenly rewards are far greater than earthy rewards.

It's great to hear about everyone's acomplishments.

I was most proud today because after I worked all day cooking in the kitchen I was able to still dance with the children and exersize during 'nap' time.

Before I was so worn out from standing all day that I would sit down or read books. I actually had energy today. What a new concept!

TwoPeasInAPod

SarahinBalance
11-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I went to weights class today even though I totally didn't feel like. Tired now but definitely glad I went. Yaaay I'm proud of me.

Christian
12-02-2006, 06:51 PM
way to go sarah :cheer:

I am proud to say I have stuck to my plan for 2 days now and only gained a couple of pounds over the Thanksgiving holiday and not all the weight I lost in the first place :yes: :dance:

Christian
12-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Stayed OP :D

beachgal
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Good going, Christie! :cheer:

I started P1 today even though there were a bunch of obstacles. I'm proud of myself...and feel a bit better that this really is a plan for life. :goodvibes:

Christian
12-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Way to go Laurie :D I am with you when it comes to obsticles...there sure are a bunch of them huh??? We can and will do this though :hug:

SarahinBalance
12-05-2006, 12:25 PM
This weekend I squeezed into a sexy pair of 6s.

This AM I dragged my butt out of bed and went to weights class even though I didn't want to.

Christian
12-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Go Sarah :cheer: Go Sarah :cheer:

I am so proud of myself today guys... My dads ex brought 3 containers of homeade candy PLUS a whole pan of homeade rice crispy treats :eek: for my house alone :dizzy: everything from chocolate fudge,peanut butter fudge, didinity, buckeyes, and coconut bon bons, and some kind of cereal thing and cherrys I think plus turtles and I took a mouse size nibble off of the rice crispy treats and then got away from them...I am so in the mood for chocolate and my hubby even ate a big ol piece of cake in front of me and I had him feeling so guilty I dont even think he enjoyed it :lol: anywho I managed to stay strong yesterday and hope today is as successful, What have you done today that made you feel proud?? ;)

Ruthxxx
12-06-2006, 08:28 AM
It was wing night at the Long Horn but I had a small Caesar salad with grilled chicken and my own dressing!

Christian
12-07-2006, 10:09 AM
:bravo: Ruth

Oh guys yesterday was a true triumph...I thought that avoiding candy and cake was a big thing with me BUT yesterday my dad took me to the chinese resteruant and I didnt have not one egg roll or crab ragoon :carrot: I had beef with broccoli and cabbage and soy sauce grilled right in front of me on the grill and one hot wing, I am so used to just cheating when an event comes up and I just coudnt do it and I have felt great ever since , Have a great day guys!!!

chellez
12-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Nothing diet related but I'm still happy!

I've managed to gather up to 43 people that have the same mind set to lose weight in The Biggest Loser Challenge I'm hosting. I'm hoping now that they all stick around!

I've also done well enough in class and on homework I've brought my grade up to a 99.6% which is an A+.

I also have my mid term paper 75% done and its not due for another 2 weeks :dizzy: I thought it would take forever!

That's all for now

Christian
12-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Way to go chellez :D