South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #1  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up What have you done today that made you feel proud??

Just thought this was kind of a cool idea...to let people see and write down the obctacles we all face and being able to write down the victory when we say no to them or writing down our exercise or sticking to the plan, then we can look back and really be proud of what we accomplished ((((Motivation))))
here I come!!

Today I stuck to my phase one and watched my hubby eat a double stack, fries and a coke and had not one bite of his food ...oh and did I mention the fried apple pie he ate afterwards???
Old 11-14-2006, 05:14 PM   #2  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Oooh, wow.. I'm not sure I could have done that!!

My thing that I'm proud of today isn't diet related, but I had an awesome day at work!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hmmm, well, I cheated and had a mini peanutbutter cup this afternoon, so for supper instead of having the Chicken Cordon Bleu that I had planned, I had a Morningstar Tomato & Basil Veggie Burger with some steamed broccoli to compensate for the extra calories.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

Awsome ladies, lets keep this going
Old 11-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #5  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Ok, second thing I did today that made me proud of me: I just pushed myself through a killer workout. Time to go shower off the sweat!!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246.5/245.5/140

Not losing my temper completely at work and quiting. I have been working so hard, extra hours, pushing myself to get this huge project done. Not one person in the supervisor group, oh I have 4 supervisors, said a word to me. No recognition, no acknowledgement, not even a "okay, good, here is some more work." NADA.
But you know what did happen. The laziest person in the office, the one that comes in late every day, the one that balances her checkbook, breaks into tears at least once a week because of some personal issue, one of the few senior members in the dept with no responsibilty assigned to her got an award. Not just an award, a breakfast along a few others in the company, and a gift for being such an outstanding employee.
It was very hard for me to watch. I am not one that usually seeks recognition, even I do something above and beyond my normal work. I get embaressed very easily. And yet, that really stung.
Everyone in the office had the mini tantrums. I just congratulated her, asked one of my supervisors for another project, smiled and was very cheerful.
Why? Because I know in my heart I don't really answer to my employer for my hard work. I answer to God. He knows what a good job I am doing and when it comes down to it. That is more than fine with me.
And it would have been great to go out after work and eat junk food to make myself feel better, or so I thought ,when I left work.
Instead I worked out.
Stuck with my routine and treated myself to a nice low carb hot cocoa with a shot of caramel extract.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 110/130/120

Height: 5'

Default What have you done today that made you proud?

I made amends with a friend today who stood a chance of letting me know that he'd rather not know me. Thankfully we're friends again.

I stepped up to the plate and took care of responsibilities that scared me, that were difficult but that an *adult* would do.

I know that's all vague but well, there it is anyway.

And, I stuck to my diet and still did my two miles!

SlimNStrong
Old 11-15-2006, 02:00 AM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I ate totally on program, I exercised. I had a talk with my son about healthy eating. He's "skinny" and has been skipping meals due to stress.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:48 AM   #9  
Losing on the Beach

Feels great to do the right thing in the end doesnt it ladies

So far today...I took my youngest to Burger King because she forget to eat breakfast on the way to school and didnt order myself anything, she got a sausage biscuit and only ate half , she said if she is gonna eat something that isnt healthy she is gonna eat a smaller portion of it...I thought in my head....Go mom for living that in front of her
Old 11-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, Christian, for a great thread. Sounds like you're doing a great job modeling healthy living for your daughter.

I had protein for breakfast instead of the bread I was craving...'cause I knew it would make me feel better!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #11  
Losing on the Beach

Thanks beachgal

Great job on your having protien for breakfast, seems like if I start the day out wrong it just makes me crave junk the whole rest of the day

Today I ate with a few friends at the mission ( helping prepare for our yearly feast) and I only ate the green beans while they had spagetti and garlic bread, then I came home and had some taco soup...I can still hang out with the girls and be good and it made me feel just awsome to be able to enjoy their company and not have to let food rule over me

So what did you do today???
Old 11-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #12  
Kris

S/C/G: 217.5/212/130

Height: 5'3"

I took my measurements today (my offical end of Phase 1) and I was thrilled to see that I lost a total of 4 inches (2" off my bust, 1" off my waist and 1" off my hips!)
Old 11-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #13  
Losing on the Beach

WAY TO GO KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I feel proud of myself for getting up this morning to work out. The house was freezing, (okay, it was only 59*, but that's still cold), and DH was nice and warm. But I got up and did my dvd and I feel better than I would if I hadn't gotten up!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #15  

Although I messed up this weekend.. I logged onto 3FC this morning and started over on phase I , I didn't just forget the whole diet because of one mess up.
Closed Thread