Weight Loss Support - Planning for Tuesday, Nov. 14

View Full Version : Planning for Tuesday, Nov. 14

jillybean720
11-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Well, I bombed yesterday. I was fine during the day (even avoided the free pumpkin pie brought into the office!), but then I ate an entire container of 12 mini cupcakes from Whole Foods ("natural" ingredients doesn't mean they're actually healthy! :devil: ) and then made pizza instead of my planned fish fillets for dinner. Granted, the pizza was on 100% whole-wheat crust with homemade sauce (with tomatoes, spinach, and turkey sausage) and reduced-fat cheese, but I still ate 3/4 of the entire pizza myself, so no good. At least I got in my 4 liters of water yesterday, so Ican say I accomplished something.

On to today...already did my WATP DVD, so here's the food plan:

2 slices whole-grain, sugar-free toast with macadmia nut butter (only ingredient is macadmia nuts, and I poured out all the oil sitting on top of the jar)
cup of skim milk
yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 cups roasted red pepper and tomato soup w/sourdough cheese croutons
Lean Cuisine - chicken a l'orange
apple
chicken breast and broccoli w/ginger peanut sauce (bought it at Whole Foods yesterday--hope it's good!)
no-sugar-added fudgesicleAlright, now THAT is a lot of food for 1460 calories. NO BINGEING REQUIRED :p Plus, of course, my 4+ liters of water.

jillybean720
11-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Well, my food plan has already changed. I got to work and discovered I have no more soup here, so instead of the soup with croutons, I will be having a MorningStar Farms "chicken" patty on a whole-wheat bun with a little light Miracle Whip. It doesn't change my calories by much--still keeps me a bit over 1400 (I think my Fitday said 1436 or something). Good thing I keep extra food at the office ;)

srmb60
11-14-2006, 08:51 AM
The selection where I work is pretty bad. I have to remember to take my own.

Let me see about today.
psyllium in cranberry
raspberries in my shake
I did well with crunchie veggies and fruit with cottage cheese and ff turkey slices during the day yesterday(I love grazing)
A protein pancake will fit in there somewhere.
We are having the salmon today. I should wander over to that little booth on the other side of town and buy a squash.
I'm finding that a shake at night is a nice thing. Kinda like having ice cream.

And it's cardio day!

srmb60
11-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Well there are dozens for recipes for protein pancakes. I think you'll find them in the LWL recipes thread ... or just ask! we love to share stuff like that.
Here's mine ... Those egg whites come in two little containers that equal 16 eggs. I put both in the blender with a drizzle of water, 2 1/2 cups of oatmeal and a scoop of plain protein powder (I get mine at a bulk food store).
I wipe oil over a nonstick pan and cook about 1/2 cup of batter at a time. Just like a pancake, when the bubbles pop it's time to turn it over.
That makes about 6. I cut them in half and put them in baggies in the fridge.
It's my bread.

sept15lija
11-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Susan - That sounds good! I think I'll have to try that - always looking for more protein.

B - Kashi go lean crunch & skim milk (1 cup each)
s - banana
L - Lean Cuisine Sesame Chicken
s - yogurt
D - ww pasta w/tomato sauce, big salad

Water - 64 oz.

jillybean720
11-14-2006, 09:41 AM
The selection where I work is pretty bad. I have to remember to take my own.
ha, the "selection" where I work consists of cookies, sugary granola bars, chewy fruit snacks, cheese crackers with peanut butter or cheese, M&Ms, candy bars...no real food at all. That's why I actually bring in some of my own food to keep in the fridge/freezer in our office kitchen (explicitly labeled with my name so no one steals it :devil: ), and I keep some stuff in my desk drawer as well (boxes of soup, single servings of apple sauce, packets of reduced-sugar oatmeal, etc.). This helps immensely on the days when I accidently leave my lunch in my apartment :dizzy:

srmb60
11-14-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm glad this came up Jilly. I don't think we can reinforce often enough that we need to be in charge of feeding ourselves.
If it is to be ... it's up to me .... I can't believe I just quoted something that corny!:o

Rosario
11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
b - pb on bread, pear
s- apple, string cheese
l- turkey wrap (tortilla, cream cheese, turkey, spinach)
s- strawberries
d - mexican lasagna, salad

e - BL dvd
w - 2 L

LynneA
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Breakfast - protein pancake w/walnuts, coffee

Snack - strawberries, banana

Lunch - roasted veg soup, 4oz rotisserie chicken breast :T, apple

Snack - protein brownie

Dinner - beef and barley stew, slice of whole grain bread, maybe some steamed leek and parsnip.

Water - 2 liters+

Exercise - 50 mins circuit training

I had the best dinner last night. Baked salmon with lemon and dill (bought from Target), steamed broccoli and oven roasted sweet potato fries. I love the fries, they go crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth soft on the inside.

Another protein pancake recipe (the one I use) is:-

4 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
dash cinnamon
dash vanilla

Blend it all up in blender. Makes one serving. I make 3 little pancakes out of it, makes me feel like I'm eating the "whole grain" pancakes at IHOP :lol:.

Sunnigummi
11-14-2006, 10:44 AM
B - 1 cup grapes
1 apple
Forgot to drink my milk (I sound like I'm 5...:p)

S - banana

L - 1 cup cous cous mixed with veggies (more veggies than cous cous really)
1 8 oz container plain ff yogie

S - Would I still be hungry from lunch? (yeah...) If I am, one cesaer (sp?) salad wrap.

D - roasted veggies and white rice, maybe brown if I'm in the mood to cook it forever.

Exercise: 4 miles! (just a walk though)

LynneA
11-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Sunni - is the Minute Brown Rice available in your area? I love it, cooks in 10 minutes.

sotypical
11-14-2006, 01:20 PM
what a horrible weekend.... but anyway

B- half a protien drink, slice of toast with scrambled eggs and hashbrowns (my boyfriend needs to stop cooking me breakfast)
S- coffee
L- crispbreads, deili meat, cheese, pickles, maybe some soup
S- i think i have antipasta and celery in the fridge if its still good
D- shake and bake chicken
W- 5L
E- already did one hour on bike

srmb60
11-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Courtnie! Look at you go!

Sunnigummi
11-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Sunni - is the Minute Brown Rice available in your area? I love it, cooks in 10 minutes.

I had to hunt (and I mean HUNT) for stupid brown rice in my grocery store (Shoprite). I've had minute white rice once and I did not like the taste. Hopefully brown will be different. Will give it a shot though! :)

LynneA
11-14-2006, 01:30 PM
If you can't get any of the minute brown rice, I'll be happy to ship you a box.

sotypical
11-14-2006, 01:48 PM
they make mintue brown rice? wow, i need to look for that

sotypical
11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Courtnie! Look at you go!

thanks, im trying :)

Sunnigummi
11-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the offer Lynne. :D

Courtnie, I'm so jealous!!! Kidddddinnnnggg...you've been losing weight at a great pace and I'm happy for you! :hug:

srmb60
11-14-2006, 01:57 PM
It's not jealousy. We want to share in your success ... ya know? ... sisterhood and all that :devil:

sotypical
11-14-2006, 02:05 PM
you girls are the best, thats why I love it here :)

BlueToBlue
11-14-2006, 02:45 PM
LynneA - What is a protein brownie? Is this something you made yourself and can we have the recipe? It sure sounds better than a protein pancake to me!

Luckily, I work from home so the food selection here at the "office" is great and there aren't any vending machines.

Here's the plan for today:
B - Go Lean cereal with soy milk
S - decaf coffee with sugar free syrup and milk, maybe a piece of fruit or bread
L - brown rice with cream of mushroom soup and chicken; tomato, cucumber, strawberry and basil salad with balsamic vinegar
S - fiber cake
S - NF yogurt with strawberries
D - barbeque flavor pork tenderloin, green salad, and maybe some double corn spoonbread (new recipe, I'm not convinced its going to turn out)

Exercise: woo-hoo, already done for the day!!! :woohoo: one hour cardio (stair machine, elliptical, and treadmill) plus 15 min abs. I love having my exercise out of the way!

Sunnigummi
11-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Blue, I'm one of those who loves loves loves getting exercise done and over with in the morning. Not because I hate it, in fact I feel great after my runs and I find myself more alert, BUT I don't have to think about it for the day and force myself to go when I'm tired and all I want is a hot dinner and bed. :)

yogachick30
11-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I also love the friendship, confort and support found here. This site has such a wonderful vibe to it! I am also really proud of myself today, since I got up extra early this morning and ran 2.6mi. I am training to run in Columbus' Annual Turkey Trot race on Thanksgiving morning. It is a 5mi run. Not a 5k mind you (that's 3.6mi), it's 5mi. My sister and I have signed up, so wish us luck!

I hope to continue my clean, healthy eating...

B: 6 oz low carb/low cal yogurt (80cal), 1 med apple (80cal), 10 almonds (60cal)
L: Lean Cuisine ck & spinach (180cal), sm salad w. lots of veggies and some beans w. f.f dressing packet (100cal)
S: baby carrots w. 1 triangle of laughing cow light cheese (85cal)
D: spaghetti squash w. veggies, 1 chicken sauage link, sm amt of sauce (250cal)
S: f.f cottage cheese w. pumpkin, splenda (175cal)

Workout: Ran 2.6mi this morning, teach 1hr yoga class tonight

LynneA
11-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Blue, I took the protein brownie recipe from the ladies who lift forum, I believe Mel posted it first (might be wrong here):-

Pumpkin Protein Bars

8 egg whites
1/2 C low fat cottage cheese
2 C oats
1 C canned pumpkin
4 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 C water
1/2 C splenda
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, mace, ginger…)
1 tsp baking soda

Mix together in blender and pour in 9 x 12 pan, sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350for 20 minutes. Cut into 6 bars for a complete 240 calorie meal.

If you want these crunchy, then take the bars and cut in half then slice down the middle. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and place cut side down. Re-bake at 375 for so minutes until brown and crunchy.

Chocolate Flavored Protein Bars

Use same recipe as above, but substitute 2 tbs. Dry cocoa powder instead of pumpkin pie spices. Use chocolate protein powder.

I haven't made the pumpkin one yet, I go straight to the chocolate one. One thing I have found though. If you keep these in your fridge or pantry they go a little funky on top. By that I mean the brownies develop this film, almost a slimy consistency if left in pantry or fridge. Makes eating them difficult in my case. This time round I froze them the day of baking. I'm having one later so I'll let you know if the slimy film is still there, I think it's the protein powder causing this. They taste like regular brownie to me, you wouldn't think there is no flour at all in the recipe.

ravotrina
11-14-2006, 04:33 PM
For me it was
B: 300 cc of soy milk
L: 2 slices of turkey with cucumbers with salt
S: apple
D: Cucumbers with salt

athenac
11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
I absolutely have no appetite today due to a sinus infection, but I'm trying.

B: Apple, Green Tea 32 oz
S: Kashi Go Lean Crunch 1c
L: Deer Chili 1c and 2 tbsp cheddar
S: Apple, Green Tea 32 oz
D: Either deer chili with cheese or some spaghetti, whatever is readily available

srmb60
11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
My husband is late for dinner and I've eaten most of the squash! It is sooo good. Maybe I can make him something else ;)

srmb60
11-15-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm going to encourage you all to come back the next morning and tell us all how your day panned out. Plans change, life happens and I think the folks who read here might be interested to know how you cope.

With an add in of pizza! I ended up at 1622 cals. I had two protein pancakes and several of my veggies servings were squash.

LynneA
11-15-2006, 10:44 AM
My plan changed slightly. I ended up having just the strawberries for my am snack, no apple at lunch and instead of the protein brownie for my pm snack I had the banana. Oh and I did have 4 marshamallows before dinner :T and didn't have any extra veg with the stew.

sotypical
11-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I did good, didnt eat some of it and had some starbucks, calories were a bit higher then I wanted but still under 1600