Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #1  
here I go again...

Exclamation Help! Ravenous!

Having a dilemma.

So, I got home from working out and wasn't horribly hungry, so I had a big bowl of Cheerios with some honey. Thirty minutes later, I was starving, so I had some popcorn. Now it's another 30 minutes later and I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. But nothing sounds good except pizza

Don't worry, I'm not going to eat pizza, but this is really strange. I did have milk on my cereal, so I don't think I'm totally protein-deprived, but I don't know what to do.

Does anyone else get crazy/strange hungry like this?
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Yup! If you're not doing anything special, my advice is GO TO BED!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:31 PM   #3  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

I 100% agree with jenrica. Also, are you getting all the water in that your body needs? Sometimes if we are not properly trained to realize when our body is hungry/full, we can often make the mistake in deciphering hunger to thirsty. Often when I feel hungry, I ask myself if I'm truly hungry. Then I drink a glass of water, and if I'm still hungry after that, then I will eat something. More often than not when I'm hungry outside of my scheduled meals, it's because I'm thirsty.

Good luck!

~Mande
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:25 AM   #4  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I get that occasionally...like tonight, my housemate and I made lasagna, and yet I was hungry again an hour later. But I just kind of toss it off as "I might be feeling hungry, but I know I've eaten. Just live with it." That works for me; but it might not work for you.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 AM   #5  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

How do you guys do that though - it's like my stomache dictates my mood... and If I am hungry it's like I have to stop everything... arg.
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 AM   #6  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Oh yeah - and usually I am busy and do have stuff I need to do - but I lose concentration...
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #7  
here I go again...

Ok, so I went to bed... got up and worked out this morning, and now I'm so hungry I could eat TWO horses. Hahaha... I'm with you Bida, if I would've had something to do and couldn't have gone to bed, I would have been done for...
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #8  
Goodbye Fat!

You need to have some protein after you workout and that will help with the cravings and fill you up.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #9  
Video Kid

Whenever I'm hungry, but I know I'm close to my calorie limit for the day, I either have a bowl of soup or a salad. A nice, big salad will fill you up, it takes a while to eat (which helps if you get "mental hunger"), and it can be pretty low on calories. Progresso has about 7 different soups with 100 calories per half can, they're hearty, warm and filling, and again, it takes a while to eat. While you should try to listen to your body, to see if you're really hungry, if you are hungry, sometimes a girl has got to eat!
Kadjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #10  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I like dollypies suggestion too. If I don't eat within an hour after exercising I cannot quiet the belly beast.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #11  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

When its late and Im hungry I go eat a big dill pickle and drink a big glass of ice water and try to do an activity that will take my mind off of the hunger.

But sometimes if you are craving something, its better to have a small piece and satisfy it. I used to just ignore it the craving and have a healthy snack, but then I was still hungry so I would have something else, and then sadly, I would give into my craving. But if I have a small portion of the craving food to begin with I would have really saved some calories (after browsing in the kitchen several times ignoring the craving) and been more satisfied! Hope that makes sense

Of course you managed to stave off the craving so good for you!! Just some words for thought
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:04 AM   #12  

I have a lot of trouble with hunger, too, and no good answers. I take prednisone so that doesn't help. But my dose is low now so I can't imagine what causes all the hunger........even in the middle of the night when it keeps me awake.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

When I eat anything with sugar in it or white flour, I feel hungrier. No matter how small/large the amount, sugar tends to elicit the "I NEED MORE FOOD" reaction. I steer clear of sugar, especially for a small snack when I'd definitely be tempted to keep going. For a snack I usually go for a fiber/lean protien combo like an apple and a cheese stick, or a banana and a yogurt.

Lindy
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Height: 5'4"

To Carolr3869, I was on Prednisone at only 5mg/day, and then 10mg/day, and I put on about 15 pounds in one month. I hated that stuff. It also made me very emotional.
It could be the prednisone. You want to ask your doctor about "Plaquinil" it's like a steroid, nut dosent have alot of the side affects that Prednisone does.
I was on Prednisone for Systemic Lupus, Do you have something similar? Just wondering, son't answer if you're not comfortable doing so.

Good Luck!
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #15  

I have sarcoidosis, mainly a lung disease but the granulomas have caused high blood calcium which ruins the kidneys. I have had it for almost 30 yr but the real trouble came last summer.....really long story. My dr said I would need the prednisone for the rest of my life. What is planquinil?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote