View Full Version : weird measurement

babyfattimes3
11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
18 pounds ago I took my measurements and they were
bust-47
waist-49
hips-54
I took them today 18 pounds less and they are
bust-43 (I couldnt believe I lost this much)
waist-51
hips-52
Why did I gain inches on my waist? I'm not worried about it, little disappointed but I just thought it was weird anyone have this happen or know why?
Thanks Kelly

Sakai
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Did you measure yourself in the exact same spot as before?
Also, fat seems to "Move" a bit during weight loss. I wouldn't really worry about this too much.

Get n healthy
11-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I too would have to ask are you sure you measured in the exact same spot. Are you sure you had the same amount of tension on the measuring tape...i have a lot of problems getting the same tension...just a tad tighter can take off inches, only to have it a tad loose next time making it look like you gained inches.

Then the only other thing i would think is, are you bloated for that "time of the month"? Have you done any major ab exercises? You can retain water in the area you have worked a little too hard or an area new to exercise.

Dont be discouraged.

Biceps are a good place to get a reading too. It is amazing where you will lose weight. i lost an inch in my bicep and only lost 1/2 inch in my waist the first time i measured.

babyfattimes3
11-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Im sure I measured the same right at the belly button. I also am sure the tape was ok I measured alot before the 18 pounds, and rechecked twice today. It is not my time of the month. Must just be the way I lose. The more I think about it my jeans are not fitting looser in the waist but I have alot of extra material below the belly. I can still fit into the jeans I wore 30pds ago, I dont wear them they look sloppy because of how big they are below the waist and the legs.
Kelly