Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Core Chat for November 13-November 20

Tejas
11-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi All:

I see that no one started a new weekly chat thread yesterday, so I'll start one for us today :hug:

I've got a busy day ahead of me, with too many meetings. I know those dreaded cookies will be at every one of those meetings. OK, I'll ask sweetly "Are those Core?" :devil: Maybe I can start a new trend.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Come back Kathy!!

Rhonda

tracteso
11-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am a new member of this site and am just starting a new plan for losing weight. So far, I have just started to make small changes to my eating habits and have lost four lbs. I have been on weight watchers and herbal one before and have successfully lost weight, but have fallen off the wagon when I went on my own. I do wish to lose the weight once and for all, on my own and make it a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. I am looking forward to connecting with others who are on the weight loss journey. I dislike the word diet and choose to call it a lifestyle change. Diet just sets me up for failure. I perfer to look at this as a way to better my health, have more energy and be obedient to God. Don't worry, I won't preach to anyone on this site. HaHa.
Thanks in advance for your emails of support and we'll talk soon.
Tracy

beckleybunch
11-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Happy Monday -

Hi Tracy, I just joined too! This is my fourth time in 18 years on WW. This time is totally different since they added the core plan. I have been more successful this time than ever before and have actually stuck with it. I mean this for life now!
Weigh in day for me. My meeting isn't until 7pm, so I have all day to think about it! I actually love weigh in day, kind of like I look forward to New Years Day. It is a chance for a new beginning, a clean slate if you will. My week starts on Tuesday (in my head) since I weigh on Monday evenings. I think that I have lost this week even if it is only a very small amount. I felt lighter when I woke up this morning - and I LOVE that! My work this week will be getting my water down and exercising. I love to do both, but if I don't make it a priority it just doesn't get done. I literally have to carry a water bottle around with me everywhere I go in order to drink. I can be so thirsty and will just continue with work and not get a drink - I can't figure that out. I just know that I feel so in control when I drink my water and exercise.
I'm tired today so I am going to try to get a nap in later so that I will have the energy for a workout. I hope everyone is a big loser this week! Speaking of which, is anyone keeping up with the biggest loser?

areil01
11-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Well yesterday was a better day of eating but still not where it should be. I feel that today will be a much better day. We put some Christmas lights up yesterday and this weekend I plan on finishing most of my Christmas shopping. Last year I was really late getting everything ready for Christmas and this year I think I will be early :dizzy:

Rhonda that is so exciting that you are getting married soon. Congratulations and I wish you both the best!!!! Your honeymoon sounds very exciting and enjoy the warm weather. That was very nice of you cook the sweets for your former in laws and you did very good only having a little bit. That's the only way I could probably cook sweets ...if I was giving them away. Good luck today with all the cookie temptations..I'm sure you will do fine!

Sandra- Congrats on your archery rounds...sounds like you had lots of fun. You did great just having a dessert..I had a little wine and dessert on Saturday night and felt way too full but I did learn a lesson as my stomach bothered me for hours after dinner.

Tina- I think that it's a great idea to go between core and flex if that is what keeps you on program. I'm a believer in doing what works best for our own body as long as it's healthy. I know my weight responds better when I switch things up so I'm sure it won't hurt you any to go between the two.

Paula- Our Thanksgiving is in October but I love Turkey so much I decided I was going to cook a Turkey the same weekend you guys have Thanksgiving as I always crave it when I hear everyone talking about it lol. I will make sure I just make healthy side dishes and most likely try a core dessert.Sorry to hear you had a stressful time last week..I'm sure everything will work out for you!

Welcome Tracy :) I always try and call this a lifestyle change but sometimes that word diet slips in my vocabulary and I have to remind myself this isn't a diet. Jump in here and post away..this is a great group of people.

I'm off to do some cleaning :(

Areil

areil01
11-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Morning Beckley,

I wanted to wish you luck on your weigh in today. That is great that you look forward to weigh in days..I actually do too. I have a really hard time with my water and I'm going to sit down and try and figure something out. Once I start drinking water I'm ok..it's just making myself drink those first few glasses. I taped The Biggest Loser last week and I was so mad..they reset my digital box and I think it stopped the vcr after only an hour of taping and it was a two hour show. I know what happened tho as I just went to the website and caught up but I still would of loved to watch the last hour.

Areil

blessedwithsarah
11-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Aeril, Welcome. When I posted earlier today I knew there was another person who joined recently that I don't think I welcomed. So, WELCOME! I'm lucky to be going to my SIL for Turkey day. I'll bring a salad and veggie. She is diabetic so she always cooks healthy. It should be a good day.

WELCOME to you too Tracy. When I did core I too made a lifestyle change. I had (almost typed have!) been heavy my whole adult life. Always had at leaset 20 pds to lose, sometimes upwards to 40. When I started WW this last time (Sept 2004) it was just when core was introduced. I loved the idea on not weighing and measuring -- after all, who does that in real life? So, it worked very well for me, for the first time ever (been on and off WW for 20 years) I made lifetime in June 2005. I still stick to core basics and have pretty much maintained my loss. I've been fighting 5 pds now for most of this year. Not sure why I can't seem to get back to losing, but I'm still very happy with myself.

Good luck!

areil01
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the welcome Paula!!!!

Areil

beckleybunch
11-13-2006, 02:03 PM
I think that the time change had something to do with the sattelite and the taping - I had problems as well. Luckily I was here when it started and noticed that it did not start taping. This is my first season of watching and I am a reality nut. I really wish they would share some of their secrets. I went to the website, but didn't find much info. Don't you have to pay or something?

I read in First magazine last week that finding online support was very helpful. Having a group of strangers with a common issue to lean on for support was a great way to succeed. I have always felt that if I told someone that I was dieting, I would surely fail - because they were looking at everything that crossed my lips. When Dr. Phil said to tell people to be accountable, I couldn't have disagreed more. My family is a great source of support for me, but I know that here I have people that know what I am going through and that can give me advice and relate to a bad day. It is very different.

Katpo
11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Rhonda, as my little niece would say, YOU SO CRAZY! :lol: I didn't get your email yet but will look again tonight. Can't access home email from work.

Welcome to all you new members! :wave: Things might just pick up around here yet!

areil01
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Beckley, You are right about the Biggest Loser website..you pretty much have to pay to get any information. I do know they exercise five to six hours a day which obviously in the real world is too much.
I know what you mean sometimes it's nice to have people in your life to share your new lifestyle but it can also be a pain when you are eating something and using your points and they ask if I should be eating that lol.

Thanks for the welcome Kathy!!!!!!

Areil

Froufy
11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi and welcome to Tracy -another canuck!

Hi Beckley - nice to have you aboard as well - good luck w/your wi tonight! Let us know how you do!

Areil - I"m like you - any excuse for turkey - I think I too shall have to cook one up in honor of all my american chickie friends :D

Have never been out east! but would love to visit and eat lots of lobster and seafood! I actually grew up in Montreal - and now in Ottawa - a very lovely city to visit - come in the spring when all the tulips are in bloom along the canal - very pretty! I have been to Toronto many times but as I get older (ya I know) I find I just don't want to do that 4-5 hour drive each way. My gf in Toronto is now begging me to come next weekend for her daughter's bday party - but I Just want to sit home and do nothing - I am a lazy frouf.

So I am also SICK SICK SICK - yes dh had a sore throat and stuffed nose a few days ago - and guess what? I am not immune - I can hardly breathe and my head hurts - dh gone to pharmacy to get more DRUGS! Luckily off of work today for remembrance day (on saturday) so at least I don't have to go out. Except to vote - today are the municipal elections and I shall drop by to vote on my way to take dd to dance.

BEST NEWS - the 'thing' is out of her face - yes removed at her dad's place this saturday - just a little red mark on her face which I hope will heal - at least it doesn't seem to be infected or gettingn worse! Of course she is not a happy camper - what else is new?

At least I slept somewhat last night after taking some decongestants, etc. And went to bed early (11 pm) and woke up after 9 - pretty good for a tired and sick froufie!

dh out jamming tonight - I shall be the chauffeur for dd - home by 9:15 - so I can watch The batchelor in rome :D (I only watch it for the great scenery you know!) tee hee

Frouf

P.S. Vickie - where are you? Off on that gambling boat? Or just out spending all your winnings? Happy anniversary!

areil01
11-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Frouf- I will join you in cooking a turkey to support our American friends lol. I don't blame you for not wanting to take that long drive...has to be better than my ride on the bus tho haha.
To be honest I must not live in the right city for seafood because we don't have much here. There are probably places in Nova Scotia and probably somewhere in New Brunswick too that would have good seafood but I have never checked it out. The best seafood I had in the last while was a few years ago when we went to this restaurant down in Maine called the Bluebird and it was cheap even with the exchange and it was very good.
Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad...I hate colds. One of the things that I find that helps me the most is steaming my head..I just put my face over a boiling pot of water with a towel over my head and breathe in as much steam as I can. I do it a few times a day and I find that it keeps my colds from lasting as long.
I'm glad to hear that your daughter took out the piercing...didn't sound like it was very safe.

Well I suppose I should go finish watching last week's prison break that I taped before the next one is on.

Areil

Katpo
11-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Sandra, guess what I made for dinner? :lol:

Chicken breast, marinated in margarita mix, and grilled. Served on a bed of black beans and rice, with a side of pico de gallo.

I do believe this is my new favorite meal!!

Tejas
11-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi:

Chicken drunk on Margaritas! I love it. My goodness that sounds like a tasty meal...gotta try that. Yep, Kat, I do hope I'm "so crazy." It takes a long time to get to be 61 years old and there's just no good reason to be sane anymore :lol:

Frouf, sorry you're sick. I too just hate colds. You know the story: one week with meds or one week without. I do take decongestants though just to be more comfortable. I'm also absolutely sure that OJ and Irish Whiskey are Core in situations like this. Also, very glad to hear that your daughter's face didn't fall off!

Welcome again to the new folks...nice to see more activity and hear from more people.

Rhonda

septembersgoal
11-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Wow, am I ever behind. :welcome3: to BeckleyBunch, Tracy, Areil...did I miss someone? If so, welcome! :D

Kathy, you all must have eaten at Chili's. That sounds so good.

Rhonda, aren't we getting close to your big day??

Frouf, I hope that you're feeling much better!

Vickie, happy anniversary! :hug:

Girls I'm trying to catch the boat...I'm swimming way behind you all somewhere lost at sea...one of these days I'll get there I suppose. I MUST get back into the routine of getting up and exercising, starting tomorrow! I think I've missed a week now and that's no good. I felt so much better when I was doing it. I was off work today and tomorrow to do stuff for school. Since I've decided to not go back next semester I think my brain thinks it can quit already. It has to stay active for a few more weeks!
Here's a shameless plug...don't forget you can shop for some great Pampered Chef gifts through my website! :present: If you need some ideas just send me a pm...I'll be glad to help you find something that will fit your budget. You can get gift certificates too! Oh and if any of you know someone who is getting married, we have an awesome gift registry.
OK enough of my shameless plug. I just thought of it reading about holiday preparations. ;)
Well I better get to doing some before-bed chores. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Oh Frouf I meant to tell you that I got this month's WW magazine and there is a menu for Hanukkah that is core! I thought that was really interesting and looked like some yummy stuff in there.

ontarget
11-14-2006, 12:22 AM
hi, chickies. and a big :welcome: to our new chicks. it's great to have you here.

we were gone all day to a town about 100 miles south of here. guess what? i'm human afterall. now i'm sitting here with an overfull tummy. tomorrow's a new day. i am definitely going to w a. i don't like this feeling i'm having tonight.

kathy, i loved the drunk chicken, too. i may have to get curtis to take me back to chilis. i looked up pts--14 for the entire meal. not bad.

frouf, i'm glad the thing is gone. life is good. i hope you're feeling better. i don't like for you to feel bad.

vickie, how are things with you? did you see where i lost last week after eating out 7+ times? you're right. it can be done. now today i ate out twice and made poor choices. tomorrow's a new day.

rhonda, we're ready for you two to get here. maybe drunk chicken is in order.

gotta go. curtis just nodded off. it's time for night night. see ya tomorrow.

Elanajel
11-14-2006, 09:05 AM
:stress:

So, how is everyone feeling as Thanksgiving approaches? I am still struggling with the time change--it is dark at 4ish, completely black by 5 p.m. I use a lightbox every morning--otherwise you wouldn't see me out of bed until, oh, say, 11 a.m.

I have committed to being strict with Core starting yesterday thru the end of the month. I did OK yesterday (I posted a menu--I notice no one else did!), tho. I also ate 2 granola bars (only 2 points, but certainly a processed food). This morning I had fresh strawberris and 3 vegetarian sausage links. I'm quite full and it was nice to eat fresh fruit that wasn't apples!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is coming up next week! It probably won't be a very relaxing holiday break for me--the combination of our vegetarianism plus the severe food allergies my nieces/nephew have means no soy, nuts, peanuts, etc. In other words, none of our usual food! We are trying to find common ground with grains and dried beans. I am going to volunteer to make all the veggie food; hope my SIL is OK with that.

Hope everyone has a good week. Please post menus--the ideas help me stay motivated.

ontarget
11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
elana, i'm aiming for a loss next week, too. this week is probably a wash for me so i need to work extra hard.

gotta run. i'll be back later.

beckleybunch
11-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Weigh in went well. Down 1.4 lbs. I was pleased seeing as I have had a rough month. My daughter lost 2.6. She received her 10 lb. ribbon last night. YEAH!!!

areil01
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey all :wave: , thanks again Melissa, Kathy and Sandra for the welcome!

Sandra and Kathy that drunk chicken sounds very good!

I am also finding the time change hard Elana..it is so dark here early.

Beckley congrats on the loss and congrats to your daughter too!

I finally had a good day of eating yesterday and so far today is going smooth too. I sure hope I can fit in my clothes at Christmas.
I did some Christmas shopping on an online bookstore today so a few more people crossed off the list. My mil is into dvd concerts so I am going to get her a couple for Christmas..the only part is that she will want us to watch them when we are over at their house. I don't mind watching dvd concerts once but she tends to watch them over and over :lol:

BBL
Areil

ontarget
11-14-2006, 05:34 PM
congratulations to bb, ariel, and bb's daughter for doing well with program. one day at a time is all any of us can do.

this time of year creates new challenges for all of us. let's hang in there, chickies.

Tejas
11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
speaking of challenges....I'll never get the house clean before the dog/house sitters come!!

Well, I did OK today with food...all core, except for two little, bitty cake-like goodies at a meeting.

I'm just running like crazy right now....talk to you tomorrow.

Rhonda

ontarget
11-14-2006, 09:48 PM
hi there. we're settled in for the night. i'm going through some brochures i got at the ranch office about things to do in the fort worth area. (like i didn't live here over 50 years.) :lol: we're going to start doing some touristy

melissa, i apologize for not responding to your last night's post. i am proud of you for getting back into exercise. that's super important. i did 30 min w a today. should have done more but didn't do less.

rhonda, i'll bet you are running in circles getting ready. i'm sooo excited you're almost here.

elana, i'm all right about thanksgiving coming. it's all these other days that give me the scare. we've been gone from home now since late october and won't get back till mid-december. talk about a challenge!! i'm in the "chicken-fried kingdom!!!"

ariel, i'm almost finished with christmas shopping. i do need one more trip to the malls, though.

well, i'm off now to read about stockyard station. (train ride)

Katpo
11-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Sandra, what do the brochures say? :lol: I guess they mention the Bass Hall and Sundance, but what else?

Have you gone to the new Cabela's up north near Denton and Alliance Airport? It is supposed to be really great, and you and Curtis would probably enjoy walking around. Oh same with Bass Pro Shop if you haven't gone there (near Grapevine Mills Mall).

My baby Kate is breaking up with her boyfriend tonight, moving out and is so worried and upset that she can barely see straight. I just wish I could take some of her anguish away, but I know I can't. Bless her little heart.

ontarget
11-14-2006, 11:16 PM
kathy, i wish kate the best.

here are a few of what i found:
omni
zoo
stockyards/train
christmas in the park at 6 flags
wax museum
baseball museum

Elanajel
11-15-2006, 09:19 AM
I am viewing this day as a chance to stay on track with Core. I did OK yesterday; ended up eating a piece of dark chocolate at night (while watching a Chris Rock DVD w/DH--it was a fun evening)--I counted the points and things seem fine.

I will be at kickboxing tonight and that should be a good energy boost.

I posted my Wed. menu---hope others will do the same. I can easily get in food ruts and they make life very boring.

Have a peaceful day--

Tejas
11-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Awwww, poor Kate..."breaking up is so hard to do"...we wish her luck and all the best. Wouldn't it be great to take the hurt away? Of course then they couldn't grow up and that would be worse.

So, I'm wondering, how many calories get used up running around in circles and pulling out your hair?? I am so mad at myself. I gained two pounds with those cookie meetings the last two weeks. OK, TOUGH LOVE now...no more of those things. Save it all for the reception chow down!

Actually, I'm about to reach that zone where you say to yourself "if it's not done, it's not done." That's much more relaxed.

Hope everyone has a good CORE day.

Rhonda

Tejas
11-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh, Sandra...go to the Cowgirl Museum in Ft. Worth!

whee haw, it's great!

Katpo
11-15-2006, 10:16 AM
And you'll also like the baseball museum. It's very cool! Hopefully you'll get to see this mini stadium that they have for meetings, etc. I even went to a wedding there last year! We signed baseballs and bats for the "guest book", and now they have those on display (the married couple, not the museum, LOL!).

tracteso
11-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome.

Beckley, I live in Ontario, Canada and keep a case of water in my SUV until the temperature drops so low that it would freeze. I can grab a water on the go anytime (as long as I have access to the SUV) and my children drink more water because of it too. When I pick them up from school, they always say, 'Mom, can I have a water?' (Two boys age 7 and 9.) My nine year old is starting to get chunky. He eats a lot of fruit (which can be too much natural sugar), very little veggies (I have to hide them in the food or force feed) and way too much pasta. (My in-laws are Italien and he loves Grandma's lasagna and homemade pasta soup). He also loves the Italien 'NONO (Grandpa in Italien)' buns as we call them. I have to get my eating changed for me and for my family. My husband can eat anything and still be skinny. GGRRRR! Must be nice.

Well, I spent $54 on WW frozen entrees and desserts. I am a supply teacher on call and need to make all of our lunches in the a.m. with little notice, so I need some quick options. I can gage my menu better if I know the points (even though I am doing core). I am used to points from the past. One of the only stores around here that offers them (with limited variety-one dessert and 4 entree types) is RCS-Real Canadian Superstore. Otherwise, I need to plan a half day trip into Michigan to shop for more options. (Exchange on the money is good now).

Today was a good start to my plan. I have downed one 500mL water as I typed this and had 2 eggs boiled with 1 slice of whole grain toast. My downfall is carbs (like my son). I always said I would marry an Italien some day because I love pasta and I did. Big downfall in the weight department-LOL. I also love chocolate.

I agree ,Beckley, about the not telling family members about your plans. My husband will sabatoge me without even realizing it. He'll come home with takeout, chips, cookies, etc... He'll hand me a cookie one minute and ask me if I lost any weight the next. If the answer is no, he will say, maybe you shouldn't have had that cookie. AAAgggghhhh! He's a good guy. I love him.

Anyway, I'm going to read through for some good recipes. Take care and I'll BBL. I'm trying out the acronyms I learned from the other thread.

ontarget
11-15-2006, 09:08 PM
hi there. we've been gone all day to an archery shop over 50 miles away. sure had fun and flung a bunch of arrows.

now for the confession: i had a non-productive day eatingwise. (i pigged out) tomorrow am i'm going to ww and will begin anew. these things happen. i guess it's just life.

rhonda, i can't even imagine how you could be dieting right now with your wedding coming up and all. i am impressed that you're doing as well as you're doing. i'm proud of you. and--i'm anxious to see you.

tracy and beckley, it's good to have you both here. we're all going to help each other on this wonderful journey.

kathy, the baseball museum and, rhonda, the cowgirl museum sound like fun. thanks for the heads up.

gotta go. i'm expeting a call.

Tejas
11-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh boy, sabotage...ain't it great. If we aren't doing it to ourselves somebody will do it to us!

We leave tomorrow EARLY in the morning, so I won't be on for a while. Wish me luck, heading off to join Sandra and Kathy in chicken-fried- steak- land...oh yes, and the fried pies, and the fried shrimp and the fried cornbread...on and on and on....

Talk to you all later.....good luck all....stay focussed!

Rhonda

ontarget
11-15-2006, 09:18 PM
We leave tomorrow EARLY in the morning, so I won't be on for a while. Wish me luck, heading off to join Sandra and Kathy in chicken-fried- steak- land...oh yes, and the fried pies, and the fried shrimp and the fried cornbread...on and on and on....

best thing i've read in a long long time!!! i'm sooooooooooo ready. tell that pilot to fly fast but safely.

Katpo
11-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Rhonda, I can't WAIT! You just tell me when you have a spare few minutes and I'll meet you anywhere you say.

ontarget
11-15-2006, 11:21 PM
i've just been rereading this week's posts. i have to admit i had skimmed earlier and didn't quite catch everything. i hope i'm caught up now. i don't ever mean to slight anyone by not responding. i apologize if i ever do.

i just saw that there are other "prison break" and "biggest loser" fans here. those are 2 of my favorite shows. i'm mainly addicted to reality shows but pb is in my top 5.

frouf, where are you? are you still feeling poorly? i'm getting worried about you.

angela, where are you, too? are you having a good op week.

i decided to go to ww fri am instead of in the morning. i can go on my way to get my hair done so i won't tie up 2 mornings. (sounds like a good excuse to not go tomorrow, doesn't it?) i'm going to whip myself back into shape in the am. fri i'll step on the metal monster. life goes on.

melissa, podna, how's it going? i sure do miss you when you can't get online much.

rhonda, i like what you said about not being sane after 60. i think i might even start drooling.

kathy, how's kate?

Katpo
11-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Oh, poor little Kate. I really feel bad for her. She says she feels like the most horrible person on earth. She took another vacation day tomorrow and will probably be back here tonight to spend the night. I'm washing the sheets for that room and will clean up / make the bed so it's more pleasant there. That's the room that Shaun was in last, so it's ... um, let's call it less than perfect. But enough about that.

She is afraid to call her dad and ask him to help her move her things. She says she feels like she only calls him when she needs something, but I told her that's life. He lives in Granbury, works at DFW Airport (yes, drives 1-1/2 hours each way per day) and so his free time is limited. That's just how it is, but I told her I thought she should just tell him the truth and says, "Dad, I know it seems as though I only call you when I need something, but I really, really need your help." I mean, how can you turn that down? I hope he doesn't disappoint her, but if he won't help, then Judd will. He got to talk to her a little today because he was home with a cold and so when she finally woke up today (poor girl needed some sleep and slept til after noon) ... anyway he was here and they talked a bit. She also talked to Erin some. Hopefully she'll start to feel better.

The only things to move are a washer and dryer, her computer and computer desk, all the kitchen stuff that she bought before they moved there, and HOPEFULLY the dining table and chairs. I have a storage unit that I got for Shaun's apartment stuff, and she can store her things there.

You're very sweet to ask. I worry about her since she's the baby, but actually she's the most level-headed of the three.

ontarget
11-16-2006, 12:37 AM
sounds like kate has a good support group with all of you. i hope her dad is part of that group, too. it's awful when our kids are in pain.

ontarget
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
i'm first today. not a good sign. sure is quiet here. i decided to go to ww tues am instead of today or tomorrow. cop out. but i need a few days to get my head together.

i hope all of you are doing well and are op.

Froufy
11-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Bye Rhonda - have a safe flight - bet you are so super excited! Let us know how the core chickies meeting goes! Wish we were all there!

Poor Kate - I sure hope her dad helps her out (that's what moms and dads are for right?).

I am back at work today - but coughing too much - like a dry tickle in my throat! At least I can breathe better! Tired tho as I did not sleep well last night.

Big ds in Toronto for another Dilana/Magni concert - coming home tonight I think. Dh playing gig tonight at some pub downtown so after I drop dd off at dancing I shall probably take little ds to the movies - big movie theatre across the street from dance studio - santa clause 3 playing at 7:15 pm - and we drop her off at 7 - could it be any better? Then pickup at 9:15 and try to get ds to bed asap! Just have to take meds so I don't cough thru the whole movie!

Raindy day today - very gloomy but unseasonably warm - high of 15 which is around 60! no sunshine tho.

Sorry to report Sandra that I am not OP - and still struggling - I did bring some good snacks to work today so I am trying to stick to those (which reminds me - time for my red grapes snack!).

Later,

Frouf

ontarget
11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
hi there, frouf. i'm sorry you're still ailing but am happy you and little ds are going to the movies tonight. i'm not exactly op today either but am doing better than i did the past 2 days. we carried red grapes to snack on while shooting. we've been shooting for several hours a day (and visiting folks at the same time). afterwards we've been starved. today we took care of our after-shooting eating. whew! maybe i'll be able to get back op.

we'll be posting about our meeting soon--i hope. i'm soooo ready to get together with rhonda and kathy.

ontarget
11-16-2006, 10:51 PM
rhonda and doyle are in texas!!!!!!!!! i just talked to her a minute ago on the phone. life is good,

Katpo
11-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I got the wedding invitation today; so cool, Rhonda!

I'm working all day tomorrow, all day Saturday and then going to Esparza's in Grapevine Saturday night. No real plans on Sunday, and then every night next week is free too. Just let me know ... I can even take off work for a lunch meeting if that's what y'all decide.

ontarget
11-16-2006, 11:18 PM
i'm free sunday evening, all day and evening tuesday, and wednesday afternoon/evening.

derrydaughter
11-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Jumping in here with a few questions..... hope y'all don't mind.
I live in New Hampshire and am having a very hard time finding any sources for fat free cheeses. Anyone know of any store chain that is carrying things like that?
Also, lunch thoughts.... I totally MISS breads. I want to reserve my one serving of potato, pasta, rice for suppertime and not have it during lunchtime. I don't want to use up flex points on this meal as I want flex points for weekends when I eat out.
I'm switching from Flex to Core right now, it's my hopeful pre-Thanksgiving effort as well as increasing my exercise.
I hope you longer term Core people might have some help!
Thanks,
Linda in NH

blessedwithsarah
11-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi Linda and welcome. I'm in southern MA - another New Englander! WOO HOO. For the fat free cheese, I've been able to find Kraft Free cheddar and mottzerella at Shaws. They also carry ff feta. Hanafords doesn't have much for ff cheese. We have Star and Stop and Shops around but I don't shop at those. HTH!

For lunches - try couscous, barley or other whole grains. You can make a nice "salad" out of these grains. For example I will make a couscous salad that is core where I add to cooled couscous - cukes, tomatoes, onion, broccoli or any other veggies. I then make a dressing with red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and mustard. Toss it all together and its very tasty.

Try soups as well - lentil soup or tomato soups are core as are most broth based soups that don't have pasta or rice - veggie types. This with a salad with tuna on it is very filling.

Good luck.

areil01
11-17-2006, 04:09 PM
hey all, :)

I haven't been able to get on in the last two days but my eating has been pretty good. Today I ate a little more than I needed so far but I will make up for it by the end of the day. :dizzy:

I went Christmas shopping again today and I'm getting a little tired of it but at least I won't be pulling my hair out at the last minute.

Linda in NH I can't help you out as I live on the east coast of Canada and I can't find fat free cheeses here besides cheese slices but I want to give you a big welcome :welcome:

Rhonda, Kathy and Sandra it sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time meeting up..I hope you have some good eats!

Well I hope eveyone else is having a great core day!! I hope to be back later.

Areil

areil01
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Paula, I just wanted to add that you gave some real good advice to Linda in NH. I think I will also try some of those lunch ideas..thank you!

Areil

ontarget
11-17-2006, 07:24 PM
areil, i was thinking paula had given some good tips to linda, too. i am in texas and don't know what grocery chains are in your area, linda, but have you checked with the ones there to see about soy cheese? i got some from albertson's and it was pretty tasty.

i went to ww this am. i am up 4.2 lbs. i'm not a bit surprised what with no exercise and not watching my eating this ppast week. i'm doing better now--even went to w a this afternoon. i'm going to "nip" this in the bud.

we'll be gone most of the day tomorrow at a tournament. i'll be here when i can. i hope all of you have a fantastically fabulous friday evening.

sisvivian
11-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Haven't been on in a couple of weeks, I'll have a loss and then a gain, and hope to be totally core this week so I can see something happen at the scale. I have been walking everyday, this is week 8. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, and make sure that I take my pain pills before I walk or I am in big trouble. Looking forward to Thanksgiving totally on program.
Vivian

derrydaughter
11-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks Paula, I guess Shaws differs depending on where you live. There is one about five minutes from my house and they don't have ANY of the fat free cheeses you mentioned. It's a small Shaws, though, and that probably has something to do with it? They are building a new "super" Shaws right across the street, and I am sure we'll have a new selection of items later, but that doesn't help me now.
Sandra, good idea about the soy cheese. Every store around here has a "health" or vegetarian section and I didn't think to look there.
I did have Progresso Lentil soup for lunch yesterday with sliced turkey on the side. That was good and filling, but I was dying for some kind of "crunch" alongside it, of course like chips! Oh well.
I've been doing CORE since Wednesday and I am thinking that I actually FEEL thinner and my home scale went down a pound, but that is not an official WW weigh in. That will be on Tuesday.
I tried CORE about a year ago for awhile and abandoned it as it was too difficult to manage it with a family who won't eat things like ww pasta and brown rice, but I have a new determination. The success rice individual microwave servings are very good, have any of you tried those? I can make white rice for those who want it and still micro this for me!
Thanks for your suggestions,
Linda in NH

ontarget
11-19-2006, 03:00 PM
vivian, i posted to you last night but i see it didn't make it through cyberspace to the board. i'm sorry you're having pain. i'm doing like you right now and am losing and gaining. we've been away from home since october 27 and won't be back till mid-dec. some days it's easy for me to stay op and some days i tend to push "it" into the background. what i'm finding is that losing weight has to be a priority of mind for it to take place. i need to work on my mental attitude.

linda, let us know how you like the soy cheese. i tried it a few times and thoughyt it was okay. my problem is we wound up with some fantastic "lay" cheddar from costco. that has ruined me for awhile on soy or ff cheeses.

again, it's a mind thing.

we're getting some much needed rest today after our marathon tournament yesterday. i shot arrows for around 6 hours and we drove for over 4 to and from the venue. we slept over 10 hours last night and are "recovering" today. we'll visit the grands in a bit and take them to feed some ducks at a local pond.

tomorrow rhonda, doyle, maybe kathy and judd, and curtis and i are meeting for dinner. i'm excited!!!! earlier tomorrow i'm going on an annual "target run" with 2 gf's. it's going to be a full-fun!!--day.

i hope all of you are having a good, op! sunday. i'll be back later.

derrydaughter
11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm supposed to go grocery shopping tomorrow and I'll look for the soy cheese, I will re-check my CORE plan info before I go to make sure of what I can and cannot have. I wish someone would make some kind (or do any of you have a recipe?) of core acceptable bread so I could have some kind of sandwich.
When I was doing core before, I found a recipe for polenta pizza crust and it was really nice. I used diced tomotoes, ff mozarella, olive oil and veggies and my family actually liked it. I shall try to find that again. There was one non-core ingredient in the entire thing which was a low fat paremesan. I couldn't find a fat free parmesan anyplace. The polenta needed the parm. in order to keep it together.
Tonight, my family is having pork tenderloin on our grille with rice (I'm microwaving the individual brown rice Success Rice for me and they are having white rice) and a salad. Everything will be a CORE meal, thank goodness.
I'm going to go through the core recipes, I think, looking for some kind of bread... even if it's a "mock" bread I can handle that. I'm being really stingy using my flex points.
Thanks for the help,
Linda

ontarget
11-19-2006, 08:41 PM
linda, you're doing remarkably well. i am proud of you. i don't know of any core bread. have you checked out the recipes here? there might be one there.

blessedwithsarah
11-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone. It seems like forever since I've been on. We went to Maine Sunday through Tuesday. It was a nice break from things and I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. We are going to my SIL - just need to make some veggies to bring. DD is much better now - she is still coughing but I think she finally licked the cold and bronchitis. It helps that she is out of school this week.

Linda - try making some polenta chips. I find in Shaws (ours is a super shaws), pre made polenta in a tube. What I do is cut this thin and then put under the broiler after I spray it with Pam. When that side is crispy I turn it over and then do it again. They are not crunchy - well sort of. But its great with some of that mysterious fat free cheddar on top melted and then top with salsa and ff sour cream. Very good for a nacho fix.

DD is now napping and I've just finished some on line christmas shopping. I can't believe that christmas is right around the corner. We have plans every weekend through the end of the year. Its a good thing we went away this weekend.

I have to go back for my follow up mamogram today - I went two weeks ago and have to go back for my right side to be re-done. I think I had posted that there were 30 ladies who had to go back from the couple of days when i had gone before. Knowing that I'm not as concerned, although I have to admit I am. Keep me in your prayers!

I'm thrilled to hear some of our core chickies met in person. Please post pictures when you can and I want stories! Good luck to Rhonda and Doyle on your up coming wedding. So exciting!!! It will be great that Sandra and Kathy can be there.

Sandra - don't sweat the gain. Considering your current lifestyle, its really not too bad. Next week is a new start, right?? :)

Well, getting emails - should be confirmations of my on line purchases.

If I don't get back today - Happy Thanksgiving to all the US chickies out there! Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

ontarget
11-22-2006, 06:26 PM
paula, i'm glad sarah is better. have a wonderful time at your sil'stomorrow. you're right. i decided not to worry about the gain. i'm just doing what i can. i'll get very strict op when we leave for montana.

Katpo
11-22-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm not your mod anymore but she's on vacation, so I'm going to start a new thread. Hope you guys don't mind.