Carb Counters - Weekly Chat.... 11/13-19

View Full Version : Weekly Chat.... 11/13-19

lady_adnerb
11-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I knew celebrating our anniversary was a bad thing. And now I'm SOO ready to figure out why I keep doing this to myself. I KNOW I feel better when eating LC. And when I finally start to lose, I feel even better...so why do I screw it up and eat junk? The million dollar question. But it's time I got serious. Doing w/out soda is going well. I only drank a couple sips the past couple days. So I believe I've got that out of my system. Now to just up the water, and get OP!!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!!

Candy In Alabama
11-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey everyone, hope everyone's been doing good..:hug: I have missed everyone..My fault.. just been lazy. Here lately i have been tired all the time...I'm sure its to many carbs.. not enough protein...Got to get back on track. I started eating better again this morning, had my eggs for breakfast...Now to figure out lunch...chicken and veggies for sup..lunch is always hardest for me....

I got my old job back at dollar general that i quit last year...Been back about a month now...working again is helping with exersize. Its always non stop...This time i'm not in management though, but they are already wanting me to be ***. manager when our manager gets relocated..I'm not sure i'm ready for that again...

I need a few swift kicks and some motivation and i know here is the place to get it...:D ...I have gained about 10 pounds back...:( ...But now i'm ready to lose and get my energy back...

Hello to everyone...:wave:

RobinW
11-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Im starting fresh this morning too, and with some "feel good" determination. This morning I woke up wanting to do this....instead of feeling like I have to do it.

Have a great op day ladies!

MsChris
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
TOM should be here in a couple of days and the scale is starting to show it. Up 3 pounds. I ate breakfast casserole this morning and have made enough for the week. (Maple sausage, sharp cheddar cheese, eggs and a little cream). I even got some vanilla protein shake (1 carb per scoop). I did my WATP 2 miles this am, and did some strength exercises afterwards. It is hub's bday and he is harrassing me for cake, ice cream and gifts. I intend to give it to him just before I go to work - removes temptation and knowing the kids there will not be anything left. (fingers crossed)

Candy - Woohoo! welcome back!! It is great to see you back online neighbor.

Robin -I know what you mean. I made my food for a week in advance yesterday and put them in the freezer because I want to do good. So lets get losing!!

beach bum
11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
HI Ladies:)

Sorry:sorry: for posting so late.

Went to the Mall this morning. We want to get new pots & pans as ours are all scratched up even with the nonstick ones. We found some that my guru Rachael Ray uses,and the price is right,along with a 20 % off coupon,can't beat that.

Had a great weekend eating wise,I kept to the low carb theme,lets see what the scales says on Wednesday.

Brenda-Thanks :thanks:for starting us up this week. We all have day like that when junk foods become comfort foods. Happy anniversary,and you deserve to celebrate:cheers: once in a while. I know we are going to celebrate:cheers: our 40th anniversary on a cruise ship for 2 weeks.I'm really going to be in trouble with all that food hanging around.GOING to PLAN to stay low carbing for 2 meals and on the 3rd will indulge a little.

Candy-Welcome:welcome: back to the thread,good luck:goodluck:on this WOE.You lost it before why not this time around.

Robin-You're starting on the right:yes: foot,as your determined.

MsChris-Sorry :sorry: about you gain. Try to stay in control over the birthday:bh: cake.You'll feel better later for it.

Have to start dinner
Hugs :) BB

lilybelle
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Great to see you back Candy.
I was off program on my eating tonite. Will try to walk when I get home from bingo. I slept late then went with my son to the Doctor. Ended up with no food until supper. By then, I was starving and we had some fajitas at a mexican restaurant. Oh well, life happens. At least I didn't eat the beans and rice, which I would have done before or even worse the tortilla chips.
BB, I need to get new pots and pans too. I seem to have to replace mine every 2 or 3 yrs.
Hope everyone has a good day.

SherryA
11-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone. Scale hasn't changed since yesterday, 249.5. That's cool. I'm still working and still happy with that number. My goal is 247. Hope to make that by next Monday, hopefully sooner, but I figure my weight loss is going to slow down at some point soon, it usually does. So I'm trying to psych myself up to being happy with 2 pounds a week.

Over the weekend I spent time installing a new kitchen floor. I still have one corner and the edges to do, but it looks so much better. Brighter, cleaner etc. It was a lot of work though and exhausting to do.

My daughter and I went to the "Asia Mart" and found her a Chinese style dress. Very beautiful. Long straight with the high collar, slits up the sides (so she could walk) black with red embroidery all over it. LIttle "frogs" at the side of the shoulder, and at the top of the slits. She looked really cute in it when she wore it yesterday. I want a figure like that!

needtolose4me2
11-13-2006, 10:44 PM
hey all!
Brenda - I know soda was a big thing with me too. Now I can't stand the taste or even the smell of it! if you can give up those few sips in a bout a week you won't even think about it and can begin to tackle the next thing!!!

CANDY - Welcome back! See you should have stuck around like lillybelle. I thinkeven afteryou reach goal you need support too! At least you caught yourself after 10 lbs. That shouldn't be hard to pull off!

MsChris - Don't worry I'm sure those few lbs will disappear as TOM does! Good plan with the birthday cake!

Beachbum - congrats on a LC weekend. That's an accomplishment in itself!

Lillybelle - yes, it seems the worst thing we can do is NOT eat! That happened to me today. I went to the store after work and I was starving. I bought 2 kinds of nuts, ice cream and a cake, telling myself it was for my kids when I just swore that i was going to make them start eating healthy too. I really didn't want the stuff in the house! So far so good though, but those nuts are always calling out to me!! (I'm ot the type thatcan have just a few!) so I best stay away from them altogether!

Nasus- Hey! Like your post on Sunday! It's good that you at least check in!! Hope all is going well!

Robin - Isn't that a great feeling? I'm beginning to feel like that with the treadmill again!

needtolose4me2
11-13-2006, 10:45 PM
oops! hit the send button instead of the enter button..
Sandy - You have done great. you know those big numbers won't come off everyweek. 2 lbs is really good too! Heck, I'll take it!

lilybelle
11-14-2006, 12:39 AM
NTL, yes I hate it when my routine is messed up. If I somehow don't start my day with my usual breakfast, I'm more prone to mess up. However, I think that with exercising again today and the fact that I had only my one meal maybe I won't gain . (I can hope anyways). Just got home from bingo with my step-daughter, we didn't win tonite. But, it was nice to go anyway.

I am looking for a TOPS program in my area for maintenance support. I think I could use that group support and weekly weigh-in for accountability for at least 2 yrs. to help with my maintenance efforts. I love coming on 3FC's to post and think a Live group would alsohelp me. I'll let you all know how this
goes. I'm not going to change the way I eat, I'm sticking LC for life.

lady_adnerb
11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Candy: Good job getting back on track! And sounds like you like not being in management?

Robin: Great attitude!! You can do this!!

MsChris: How'd the birthday temptation go? WTG on the exercise!!

BB: The cruise sounds like fun! Enjoy it for sure! And the pots and pans sound like a great deal!!

Lily: How's the foot been? I noticed you're exercising more so was wondering if it was healing ok? WTG on not eating the chips and other stuff!!

Sherry: What type of flooring was it? And installing stuff is definitely a workout! Keep up the great work with your eating. Looks like you're doing great!!

NTL: :wave: How's it going?

Last night went well, slight headache but wasn't sure if it was carb withdrawal or if my ear was the cause. TOM has arrived so won't be expecting any big losses. I'll be happy if I can get through the week OP!! It's not like we don't have plenty of OP food to eat in the house. Just a matter of choosing. The hardest part is the "I want a snack" part of the evening. I have to keep reminding myself I'm really not hungry. As this is only the 2nd day...we'll see how that goes! I need to get something legal in the house on the offchance TOM decides to throw huge cravings into my system! Hate it when that happens! Didn't have soda yesterday so I consider that an accomplishment!! YAHOO! One day at a time now for the eating portion!

RobinW
11-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Good Morning :wave:

Brenda~ sounds like you had a good day yesterday!!

Ive discovered, with having my new office in the attic....its 2 floors away from the kitchen!! :lol: I dont like stairs to begin with, so I managed to keep out of the fridge last night just by staying in my office til about 930 :lol: What ever works right?!?!

Ive started using that listerine whitening...and its giving me a funny taste in my mouth....anyone else notice this? Its very weird.

Anyway, Im off to get some work done, have a great day!

beach bum
11-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

Can't believe how balmy it is up here on the Cape for the month of Nov. Had breakfast while the skies we're getting dark with terransal[sp] down pours and lightening.

Well I got my pots & pans designed by Rachael Ray.I love them except you can't put them in the dishwasher. I hate washing greasy pots and pans by hand.The reason we bought them as Leo & I love to cook and these are suppose to be lifetime guaranteed.

Having my canasta group coming to the house this afternoon.Than the same group & I are going our to a luncheon giving by the Senior Center for all the volunteers. So I have a busy schedule ahead of me.

Have to got out and buy the snacks,will post my menu later. Have a wonderful day

lrgnlvly
11-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Steady weight loss. Another 2 pounds gone and my eating habits are going really great.

needtolose4me2
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
lrgnlvy - Great! Are you finding it easy sticking to the plan? I'm glad to hear that things are working for you!

lilybelle
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Brenda my foot is doing much better. There is still a little numbness on the outer side of the left leg. But, I can walk without the brace now. I have been walking more and I think it helps it.

I'm now taking 2 chewable fiber choice tablets per day and these seem to be helping me. I drank all my water last night after going to bingo, and spent the night in the bathroom. Hate it when that happens.

Irgnlvyly, WTG on the wt. loss and eating on program.

Brenda, WTG on forgoing the soda. I also have a problem with the snacking at night. I'm now telling myself to "go to bed, you can eat in the morning". Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

BB, my family used to play canasta a lot when I was growing up. I loved it. We play cards a lot now too. Mostly Phase 10 and Hold-em poker now.

Robin, hiding away in the office to avoid temptation sounds like a great idea.

Well I'm off to search my house. My dd babysitted my 2 yr. old grandson last night while we went to bingo. I can't find the TV remote or my cell phone this morning. I'll start with the Toy Boxes that's where I usually find stuff. LOL

needtolose4me2
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Lillybelle - That cute about the remote. I remember that happening to me too. last time I was missing a remote it turned up in my husbands suitcase,(inFrance!) he was on his way there and Iguess picked it up off our bed with his 'stuff' and packed it. I went nuts looking for it for 2 days until he found it!
I have been having problems with snacking at night too. Tonight, for example, we ate early 5:30 all I could think of is gee, what am I going to do later when I feel like snacking. In the summer I used to be able to sit down at the tv with just a bottle of water because I didn't have much of an appetite in the heat but now on these cooler nights, I like a cupof cooffee or tea, and of course then I want a few cookies or something like that. It's been tough. I do find myself going to bed earlier!

SherryA
11-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Brenda, we had wood parquet tile down that we put down a few years ago. It looked nice until the pipes came apart under the sink and the water leak made the tile separate and bulge, and then later my husband "fixed" the dishwasher and left something lose and it leaked. So I tore up the wood, along with two layers of tile underneath. Scrubbed the bare redwood flooring under it all, and then laid grey and white linoleum on top of the redwood. It is clean and bright and isn't falling apart. It wasn't expensive tile, only 17 dollars a box of 45 each. Took me about 4 boxes to do the room. I wanted something cheap because I may remodel my kitchen and have to do it all over again before too much time passes. It looks much nicer than that wood that was getting scuffed and falling apart. The wood looked great when it was new, but after a few years it didn't look so nice anymore.

Brenda, tell yourself you are hanging in there for 3 days. For me that is all I commit to at the beginning. 3 days of induction. After 3 days have passed, I'm in ketosis and then I don't want to get out of it, because being in ketosis means I'm burning fat and it is easier to stay on the diet after the first 3 days are out of the way. So I always challenge myself to a "3 day no cheat challenge". Once I'm through those hard first 3 days everything always seems easier.

Of course I buy the ketostix so I can tell when I'm in ketosis. Usually on the third or fourth morning after starting Atkins I can see some color on those things. That validates me and I feel more inspired after that.

Hang in there you have only a few days to go to be there.

Scale was up for me today. I had dinner last night. Haven't been doing that a lot, mostly I've eaten lunch and when dinner time comes around the family has been cooking for themselves, usually something high carb, so I just tell myself to go to bed and eat in the morning. It usually works since we normally eat late anyway. Last night though we had a really good roast and some green beans.

Tonight was supposed to be a chicken soup, but I forgot to thaw the chicken. So now what? Hamburgers? Maybe. Still hanging in there. Starting to worry about all the low carb goodies that have been creeping into my diet lately. I tend to do better if I eliminate them or limit them severely. Or at least that is what I tell myself. I'm not really sure.

lilybelle
11-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Sherry, I did the same as you. Gave myself 3 days to be in ketosis and then didn't want to lose that, so would be extra stringent to maintain it. It worked for me too.
I am having a bad headache today. May be the carb withdrawal after the mexican food I had yesterday.
NTL, we found the TV remote and my cell phone. The phone was behind the couch with the ringer off and remote was in the Ottoman that opens up with a storage space. My grandson likes to climb in there. That is also where I found he had stashed a bunch of his toys. LOL. He's a handful. Gotta love those babies.
My son has been under a lot of stress lately. He's 20 yrs. old and is losing weight. He's almost 6' and did weigh 146. He was at the Dr. yesterday and weighed 138 with his clothes and shoes on. He started drinking protein shakes today to see if this will help him put some weight back on. He doesn't want to be this "skinny". I know his job is stressing him, plus the breakup with his long-term GF and then more recently with a girl that he'd only been seeing a month or 2. He's also having financial difficulty affording his own place since his work cut out all over-time. I'm worried about him. He feels sickly. He has bronchitis. Just goes to show that we never quit worrying about them, no matter what their age. I have offered him to move back home. I know some people don't agree with this. But, I don't like to see him having such a stressful time. He's trying to hold out. See if things start to improve. He's looking for a job that pays more money or will allow overtime. He refuses to take money when I offer it. He's been hanging out here more often. I have been cooking for him and sending meals to work for him, because otherwise he skips meals.

MsChris
11-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Lilly - sorry to hear about your son. I think it is wonderful that you are still willing to help him. Does he possibly have an ulcer or has the stress just killed his appetite?

beach bum
11-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Didn't do to well on my W-I this morning,up 2 lbs. Looked over my journal and saw the horrible culprid SODIUM in Sundays Spinach Pie. I love this low carb recipe, but the crust that make of sliced cheese is full of SODIUM When will I learn not to have so close to weigh-in. Deciding whether to change my ticker or wait until the sodium is out of my body.

irgnlvly-Congrats:Cheer: on your 2 lbs loss,I must of caught your weight loss as I gained two. WTG.

Lily-I just witched my fiber from medamucil to a caplet of fiber 6, that my DH takes.I think it works better,plus its more convenient carrying in you hand bag when you away from home. Canasta is my favorite card game,I play poker a little,and the game is 21.I'm so sorry to hear about your son,hopefully he'll be better soon,but please to care of yourself. I know it hard as a mother always worry about her children,no matter how old they are, My son is 35 and I'm still worried about him,being in a different state is hard to be there for him. Why is he losing so much weight,Is he eating??????????? Happy hes under doctor care.Hope the protein shakes work.

Need to lose-My snacking last night after my canasta game lead me to popcorn munching. I only ate a handful but being so carb sensitive I'm afraid thats what brought my weight up also.Its so easy in the summer to control eating,but in the winter when it get dark and deary you need comfort food and to me thats snacks.

Sherry-Sorry:sorry: that the scale went up for you.Do you really believe about the ketostix. I though you really don't need them as long as you follow the food plan you'll be in ketosos in two days.I like you idea about the 3 day induction when your in trouble. Since I up today I think I will try that.

Have a good one

RobinW
11-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Good Morning

Lily~what is happening with your son, sounds alot like what has happened to my brother. He has lost over 70lbs, just from stress. Mind you he has it to loose, your son doesnt!! His marriage broke up, and his job was so stressful, he quit at one point. They actually came back looking for him, told him he could work when ever he wanted, and if he needed time off, it was ok. He agreed as long as he wasnt part of any of the management. Anyway.....he's 37yrs old, and living with our parents. It wasnt what he planned either, but he's back there. Mom's feeding him, doing his laundry...you know, doing what mom's do. He said he is going to stay until after christmas, then head back out into the world. I hope you can talk your son into coming home for a while. Ive always found (and my brother too) when you get like this, stress out and worried, going home is always the best thing to do for yourself. If he is spending alot of time there....its probably what he's feeling too. No, we never quit worrying about our kids....my parents still do it.

Strangely enough, Mom comes to my house to de-stress. It what family does :)

Yesterday was a bust for me :( Im starting over again today. Im not even going to get on the scale....I just dont want to know :no:

lady_adnerb
11-15-2006, 10:30 AM
TOM has arrived and with it the cramps and bloated feeling. Well, and the tiredness. I've got to start taking vitamins!! I've got Youth Group stuff to do and so will be busy all day. Plus I have to take DH's car in to get the oil changed (did his truck oil yesterday). Deer hunting (gun) opens on Saturday. I can't wait!! WAHOO!! Anyway, I've gotta run. Hope you all have a great day and don't forget the water!! Oh....I managed to stay OP last night. Wasn't hungry. One thing about cramps--they make me sick to my stomach and not hungry---so I won't be snacking while that's around!! Ok...off I go!!

lilybelle
11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks ladies for the support. I think that my son may move home and stay for a while. I actually hope he does. He needs the extra care and home cooked food right now. He doesn't have stomach pain so I don't think he has an ulcer. He had just been skipping meals and eating very little due to stress. I'm helping him fill out job applications to find a better paying job. My DH went with him to the employment office. The Dr. told him that he needs to gain at least 15-20 lbs. I know his night shift work and Military Drills are wreaking havoc on his already stressed immune system. That is why he keeps getting sick.

BB I like these fiber choice orange flavor tablets that I'm chewing. I chew 2 each day. They seem to keep me regular. I do notice the chalky stuff sticks to my teeth and I have to brush after I chew them. But, that's OK with me. They are about the size of lifesavers and can be easily carried with me. They are also not expensive. They don't cause any cramps, like the correctol or dulcolax that I had used in the past. I really think that this WOE the fiber is lacking in our food.
Last night my DH and DD had popcorn. I hid in the computer room to resist it.
I have a dentist appt. tomorrow. I hate going to see a dentist worse than a Dr. They scare me.
My son's ex-GF gave me 5 winter shirts. They all had stripes and I haven't wore them because I thought stripes make me look fat. It must have been the Fat that made me look Fat. Because I'm wearing one of them today and it looks good on me now.
We had terribly, loud storms here last night. My labrador was scared to death. She jumped in our bed 3 times last night. I finally relented and left her there. I needed some sleep. Poor thing was just shaking and terrified.
Brenda, WTG with staying OP last night.

MsChris
11-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Scale is back down to 176 this morning. It must have been sodium in something I ate cause TOM's not here yet. I looked by at my food journal and I don't see the culprit though. I have been real careful to stick to the plan these last couple of days. Breakfast casserole, pecans for snack, and meat with 2 veggie sides for dinner. I am still feeling pretty good about my eating right now. I probably need to increase my water, but I am getting in almost 68 ozs a day. Hope you guys are on program and doing alright.

BB - Did you have the popcorn and the high sodium cheese the same day? And can't you use low sodium/no salt added cheeses in the spinach dish? I read somewhere that they exist. I am thinking of trying Dana Carpender's Creamed Spinach recipe as a side dish - have you had it?

Brenda - Way to go on staying on program. How is your soda diet coming?

Lily - Glad to know your ds doesn't have stomach pains. If he is willing to, maybe you should try giving him Chamomile Tea, hot or cold. It is great for stress and it increases the appetite.

carolr3639
11-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Lily, Maybe your son could give us some hints on losing weight. ha!

lilybelle
11-16-2006, 02:06 AM
carol, my son has always been thin. He doesn't eat sweets, or butter, or mayo , or peanut butter or cheese. No wonder he's naturally "skinny". meat and potatoes is his basic diet. He loves green veggies of any kind. He doesn't hardly use any dairy products. I'm trying to fatten him up a little, while trying to de-fat myself. LOL. He's also very athletic and loves golf, paintball, football, hunting, fishing and weight lifting.

RobinW
11-16-2006, 10:10 AM
another day, and another restart....Im getting so tired of fighting with my fat. I just want it gone! :dust:

lady_adnerb
11-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Lily: Sounds like he definitely needs to move home for some TLC and a way to relax. Hopefully he'll realize that as well :)

Chris: Glad things are going well eating wise. I've been doing well without soda. Well, except on Tuesday. DH opened a soda and only drank half before going hunting--he told me to drink it and I didn't want it to go to waste. Well, I only drank a 1/4 of it because I forgot it was there :lol:

Carol: :wave:

Robin: You can do this!! Just remember...baby steps. One step at a time!!

I did well yesterday. Haven't been keeping track of my water intake which I should be doing. I also should be increasing my exercise. Well, ANY exercise would be an increase. :lol: I should really write out a schedule of when to do what. Maybe that'd help. :lol: Or it could just be one more list for me to ignore. :lol: . Well, time to go feed the deer. That'll give me a little exercise. (Not counting it though as it doesn't long for me to do that)

carolr3639
11-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Lily, What's in those energy drinks that would suppress appetite? I've only tried Arizona somthing and it made me kind of fidgity.

lilybelle
11-16-2006, 11:59 AM
carol, the energy drinks are super high in caffeine. I don't drink them at all. I am a coffee fiend. I think I could live on coffee and peanut butter.

I am doing fantastic with my exercise these days. I'm happy with this. I'm also watching my carbs closely. I haven't weighed since last Saturday and will weigh again this Saturday. But, a lot of time when I work out everyday my weight stays the same for the week. This is what I expect to happen. Oh well, I'm supposed to maintain, not lose. The exercise does make me feel good. My tummy feels flatter.
Brenda, he's talking about moving back home at the end of this month if he can get out of his lease. I don't think it will be a problem as those apartments have a long waiting list. It took him 3 months to get one. So maybe it will work.
I'm off to the dentist this AM. Hope everyone has a great day.
Robin, hang in there. I had many restarts too and kept plugging along. It's oK. No one is perfect.
Brenda, WTG on giving up that soda.

beach bum
11-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm a little late in posting this afternoon. Went to my volunteers luncheon and did great. Had clam chowder for a started, scrod in cream sauce,mixed summer,yellow squash with carrots and rice for the entree. I left the rice and bread & butter behind.When it came to dessert they had a chocolate ice cream cake. I ate the ice cream part along with coffee. I didn't do to bad,but as the day progressed I started to get the munchies,trying to weird them off by have a protein shake.Supper was protein and veggies.and than the the real binging started, s/f cookies & potato chips left over from my canasta party. I'm really Up on the Scale. Now that you know my confession,give me my punishment. I can't believe I did this,I was so good over the weekend eating wise just to blow it yesterday.I guess w-i with a gaqin didn't help my motivation either.

Robin-I starting over also today. Need that:dust:

MsChris-I did have them the same day:yikes: YIKES!!! I LOVE cheese but I can't seen to find the low sodium kind in my supermarket. I like the recipe for the spinach pie as it doesn't have dough for crusts. It made from cheese instead. The popcorn & potato chips were left overs from my canasta party.

Have a great low carb day

RobinW
11-16-2006, 03:43 PM
lots and lots of that :dust: I need today, I'll share too :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

I blew the dust off my fitday account too.

SherryA
11-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Still here. Scale is up a bit. Not going to worry, just going to keep plodding along. Soon it will be back down where it belongs.

lilybelle
11-16-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm back from the dentist. Not a single cavity in last 15 yrs. Yeah. I do have the one chipped tooth that will be fixed next Wednesday. I hate, hate, hate going to the dentist. But, my teeth are all shiny and clean now.

We're heading to a near-by hospital at 3PM when DH gets off work. His Aunt had a heart attack and isn't expected to survive. She's too unstable to be transferred to a bigger facility. She is 78 yrs. old and the sweetest lady in the world.

lady_adnerb
11-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your DH's Aunt. I'll add you to my prayers!

Not sure why, but I've got a HUMONGOUS headache. UGH! It's been coming and going the past couple days. Don't understand it a bit but I'll be bummed if I get it on Saturday and can't hunt!! TOM is almost gone and stepped on the scale...and I'll be happy if this continues!! I'll have to do an official WI tomorrow as I won't be near a scale on Saturday to WI. I had this HUGE urge to munch on something tonight...but managed to hold it off. Now it's gone! How awesome is THAT?!?!?! I've never been able to do that before and hopefully will be able to continue to do that when the urges hit. I might be able to get back on track yet!!!! :) Off to get some tylenol and head to bed.

lilybelle
11-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks Brenda. I have been having a headache too. I think it could be due to running out of splenda and buying sweet n low instead. Saccharin?

My DH's Aunt looked better than we expected when we got to the hospital. She was alert and talkative. I hope and pray she pulls through this.

lady_adnerb
11-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Lily: Glad to hear she's doing better. I'm not sure what my headache if from (suspecting an ear infection in the making, though). Hopefully your headache goes away!

Well, WI was nice! It was nice (again) to see the scale go down for a change. I also didn't expect the 5 pound drop this week. But I'll take it. Won't expect it every week. Trying to figure out what type of food to bring tomorrow. Unless I get a deer right away in the morning I won't be out of the woods until later...so have to bring food along. And something to drink. Last year I brought Snickers and hot cocoa. This year I'd like to do legal foods so I don't mess up this weight loss I've got started!! I'll have to check things out and see what I come up with.
Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget your water!!!

carolr3639
11-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Lily, Is that the aunt that lost the weight?

Candy In Alabama
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Morning Everyone...Thanks for the welcome back...:hug:

Stoped in to say HI...:wave: Hope things gets better for everyone...:hug:
I'm still not eating like i should...Hopeing to get that turned around soon..I went to Dr. tuesday and my weight was 154, not to bad i figured it would be more the way i've been eating lately...
Brenda...I did like being in management but when i was there, there was only 2 of us and that was very tireing and stressful...Just 2 of us running the store 7 days a week... We never got a break and our district mang. didn't seem to care... He would never send us help..We couldn't take anymore...We both walked out on him at the same time...i was surprized they even hired me back...Thank goodness he is not our district mang. now...Who knows i might take management again....:dizzy:
Well got to go got a busy day ahead...work this morning and DD basketball game this evening, then take to her dads afterwards. maybe i can get back home by 8:00 tonight...Thank goodness she don't have to cheer for the boys game tonight too...:cheer2: Shes also a cheerleader....:cheer:
I love these smilies....:D
Have a great day everyone....

Hollyxmas
11-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting to this board, I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

Lilly, I hope your DH’s aunt is doing better; I have put her in my prayers as well.

Brenda, maybe beef jerky and hot decaf green tea would work for your hunting trip?

Today is my fifth day with out carbs. I am out of my house at 10am and do not return until 1 am, so cooking is not an option for me. I have been eating egg salad, and tuna salad that I made in the beginning of the week. I also throw deli turkey and cheddar cheese cubes in my lunch box. I also bring a salad and SF Jello. I keep beef jerky at my desk incase I get hungry. I am getting worried about Thursday, I know I am going to want the full meal which has more carbs then I should eat in a week. I will try to be strong though, and keep my head up!

lilybelle
11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks so much everyone. She is doing pretty well today but has poor circulatiion in the right arm. They can't find a pulse in it and it is cold and blue. She is still on 100% oxygen.

carol, No she isn't the Aunt that has lost weight. This Aunt has always been fairly small.

Brenda, I'm jealous you get to go hunting before me. We're going next weekend. I hope you get a deer. I usually just eat a big breakfast and wait til I get home to eat again. But, having some snacks with me would be nice. I might do this next weekend. WTG on the awesome 5 lb. loss. That is fantastic.

Candy it's good to have you back with us..

Holly, it look like you are off to a great start. WTG. I'm glad you joined us here at Atkins chat.

I need to go grocery shopping today. I know that the stores will be very busy. I'm out of my LC staples, so off I go.

MsChris
11-18-2006, 01:10 AM
I am eating on program, but my exercise is very much lacking. Tom is absolutely kicking my stomach into mush, and I am not in a good mood. I still stepped on the scale and I haven't budged from 176. I am going to keep eating on program, and pray that I lose after TOMs gone. I finally ate mock mashed potatoes. I made them from one of those microwave steam bags of garlic cauliflower. I put a pat of butter and a dash of cream and blended it. I am totally amazed at how delicious they were. I mean I could barely tell the difference between it and garlic herb box potatoes.

Lily - sorry to hear about your DH's aunt. I will light a candle for her. Between her, your son, your chores and your weight loss you have alot on your plate. Don't forget to take some time for yourself.

BB - I always have a problem throwing out leftwovers. I just don't want to waste food even if it is food that I know I shouldn't have. For example, sitting in the frig right now is the leftover cake from hub's bday monday. Tomorrow I have to go buy another cake for mom's bday. I still want to try to get someone in the house to eat it.

Holly - are you on induction?

Brenda - Congratulations on the 5 pound loss.

lilybelle
11-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Ms. Chris, I've never tried the mock mashed potatoes. I will try them next time I get groceries.
I did more Christmas shopping tonite. DD and I went out to eat. I had a few bites of peach cobbler. I am now sick at my stomach. I really feel lousy. It may be the sugar that made me sick. I am on glucophage and shouldn't have eaten that.. I took some tylenol for a headache too.
My DH is working 16 hrs. tonite, so I'm up late doing laundry.
I haven't weighed since last Saturday, but my jeans are very loose. I didn't exercise tonite due to feeling sick. I did shop for several hrs. and cleaned my living room, kitchen, master bedroom , master bath and laundry room earlier today.

SherryA
11-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Guys. I took lunch off yesterday. Boss took us to lunch to a Chinese buffet and so it wound up being the first day since restarting Atkins that I had some off limit foods. I didn't do too badly. I started with fish, (no breading so that was good) took some meat without bread went for some veggy dishes. Did have some breaded chicken in some sort of sauce. Took an eggroll and a pot sticker. Had some hot and sour soup.

Then after all that went back and had desert. Some fruit mostly, only small portions, one slice of banana with sweet and sour sauce on it, a small sliver of cheesecake and one or two cookies. (no crust on the cheesecake but definitely some sugar in it). Since I've been without sugar for so long I had to be careful how many carbs I allowed in, I will get physically sick from a sudden change.

I probably blew ketosis, but I told myself I was going back on plan next meal. My son threw an ice cream sandwich at me last night, I took one bite of it and gave it back. Also we ate some popcorn while watching a movie.

Ok confession is over with. I'm going to be back on plan today. My scale is up, but has been a bit lately. 253 this morning. Going to have to tighten up on my low carb eating.

carolr3639
11-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Lily, I read your post about your sister's death at age 21. Was she anorexic? What a sad story! You have really had so many trials in your life.

Hollyxmas
11-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone, I had another successful day yesterday and stuck to my plan. Today I am at work and as long as I can stay away from the vending machine I’ll be ok. I packed my lunch so I should be able to hold off. Yesterday I went home and made more tuna salad and egg salad for the next few days, I also went shopping and picked up some Atkins bars, the back label says they are appropriate for the induction phase but I’m still kind of leery.

Ms Chris: I am in the induction phase right now, I’m on day 6 and it seems to be going ok, I not even really hunger. If you have any helpful tip for the induction phase, I would appreciate it!

lilybelle
11-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm ready to chunk my scale out the window. It gave me a different reading four times in a row. Anywhere from 143-148. This isn't good. I have been exercising my butt off. Plus in my carb limit all week except for that few bites of cobbler last night. My clothes are very loose. I feel thinner. My stomach is flat. I had to wear a belt to keep up my smallest jeans yesterday. I am just at my wit's end.

My plan is to:
cut breakfast meat portion in half
quit skipping lunch
drink that darn water
exercise at least 5 times a week
chunk the scale and get me a new one
start a fitday account and watch my calories along with my carbs (I'm very reluctant to do this).

Who knows, maybe I'm building muscle from the increased exercise and that is why the darn scale says UP while I feel thinner.

lilybelle
11-18-2006, 02:14 PM
carol, my sister wasn't anorexic. She had friends over to dinner that night. She had bumped her head on her window air conditioning unit. She told them that she had a headache and was going to bed. She had a seizure in her sleep and aspirated. Was found dead the next morning with her 3 yr. old daughter lying next to her. She was only 21 yrs. old and had never before had a seizure in her life. I was 20 at the time. Her DD lived with my mom for a few yrs. I raised her from junior high through high school once my mom's health was bad. She now has 4 children of her own, is married and lives in Florida. It was a horrible tragedy and one that I'll certainly never forget.

lilybelle
11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
My stupid scale now says 143 no matter where I put it on the bathroom floor. This is after eating breakfast. I'm gonna have DH buy me some nice scales for Christmas.

beach bum
11-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Didn't have time to get back to you after visiting the nursing home yesterday.We getting busy with only 8 day more until blast off.This morning I called my dd to wish her son a happy 3rd birthday,and found out that her MIL's aunt past away this morning.The party she planned & food she bought went out the window.Grand Kids are really disappointed.Feeling a little depressed myself today.

Brenda-Big :congrat:congrats on the 5 lb lose on the scale today. You're doing great.

HollyWelcome:welcome: to the thread.Like your food choices

MsChris-If you can't give the cake away,its better to :cry:throw :cry: it out than to be tempted and see a gain on the scale.

Lily-You remind me of the energized bunny with all the housework that was done. Thats good exercise also. Sorry:sorry: to hear about your aunt.You're in my prayers & good thoughts.I don't know if I'm right,but I heard or read somewhere that when exercising:exercise: a lot water forms in the joint area,for a while until the muscles repair and than the water releases.

SherrySending you good:goodvibes:vibes for a great W-I on the scale:goodscale:

Have a nice evening Ladies

Hugs:) BB

lilybelle
11-18-2006, 11:24 PM
I have managed to stay on program today even though I'm mad at the scale. I slept a lot today and will be up most of the night. I took a nap from 4PM to 7PM . I felt horrible last night, but feel OK now. DH goes to work at 11PM and works til 3PM tomorrow afternoon. I have his food all cooked and packed for him. I'm going to walk on treadmill after he goes to work.

MsChris
11-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Hey Guys! Sorry I didn't get to post earlier, but here I am now. I went to outback for dinner tonight. Ate the Outback Steak Special (all 12 ounces) with a double order of caesar salad, no croutons. I took my carb free, sugar free, caesar dressing with me, but I forgot to tell them not to put their dressing on the salad. So I ate the Outback caesar dressing. I can't find the carb count on it anywhere, but I read several places that it normally doesn't cause weight gain. I pecans (2 net carbs) and 4 pieces of sugar free gum (made with sorbitol, which I read somewhere that we can subtract this from the carb count). I ate my nightly fudge pop (3 net carbs) and I treated myself to a 1/2 cup of cherries (6 net carbs). I drank two diet mountain dews while out with my friends otherwise drank water or water with a wedge of lemon. So I am guessing that I stuck to about 20 net carbs today (fingers crossed). I have been slacking on my exercise. I am not going to make my month's goal because of it. I just hate exercising during TOM. I don't think I am going to step on the scale again until its gone.

Holly - If you like making your food ahead of time - Breakfast Casserole is delicious reheated, easy to make and less than 1.6 whole carbs a serving.

Lily - When you are checking scales, multiple weigh-ins at the same time is how you check to see if it is accurate enough. If it is jumping around too much with successive weigh-ins, it is time for a new one.

BB- yea - I am definitely going to have to throw it away. I sure hate it.

Sherry - sorry to hear about you coming off plan - but it is great that you are already back on track.

nasus40
11-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Sorry not enough time to look and reads all past posts nor to catch up on what is going on after I write today. I have had a slow and steady few lbs a week loss but that will change this week as we have to go to SC Fort Jackson to see DD2 graduate from Boot Camp for the national guard. She then is to go to the Aberdine Prooving grounds in MD for her next step. so it will be a good amount of food on the run. but well worth it.

Just stoped to wish every one a happy Tday and eat healthy of not OP.

Hollyxmas
11-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone, the day is going good, I don't seem to be hungry all day but at night, that is when it hits me. I guess I have to make myself eat during the day.

MS Chris: thanks for the suggestion but where do I find the recipe, I looked in the other thread but I did not see it. Would you be able to tell me what it is?

needtolose4me2
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted much this week, I've just been super busy and it seems that once I let myself get on this computer you can't pry my butt out of this chair! I didn't get a chance to read all the posts yet but I hope you all had a productive week.
I am down 3 lbs finally!

lady_adnerb
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Just wanted to check in. Did ok this weekend eating wise. Didn't eat candy bars, but ate 2 pieces of regular bread (toasted cheese sandwich) for supper, then tonight had a couple buns. that's not counting the m&m's in the trail mix. well, I'm sure the raisins aren't low carb either. But it was healthier than not eating--and healthier than candy bars. So I'm considering it all good. Hunting's not over, but all day hunting is for a while. The girls still have school so I can't go out in the morning. Oh, I'll mention I didn't see a dang thing! GRRR!! So now I've got to push water and get back totally OP. I'll step on the scale tomorrow and see if it's changed. Hopefully it's not up too much. This week's going to be hectic with hunting and Thanksgiving and DD's birthday (youngest DD is going to be 12 on Friday) and did I mention hunting? So I'll try and check in, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do personals for a while :( Well, off to bed, just wanted to check in :wave:

lilybelle
11-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone.

Happy Hunting Brenda, I can't wait til next weekend to get to go.
NTL, WTG on the 3 lb. loss. Great job.
Ms. Chris, I am going to get new scales, probably after Christmas, as I have a lot of people to buy gifts for.
Holly, good job staying on program. I always get hungry at night too. Probably because I'm very bad to skip lunch.
Nasus, my son graduated Army AIT back last summer. Did boot camp the previous summer. My step-daughter leaves to train for Coast Guard in May. Those graduations are very exciting. Congrat's on your DD also being in the military.

I am just now getting to computer at 9PM. I slept most of the day. My step-daughter was here with the 2 grandbabies all night and the kids didn't sleep. She had had one of them at the ER all day with strep throat. So, now we'll probably all have it before long. (I catch everything).
I have my dinner in the oven, so gotta go. Will catch up later.

lilybelle
11-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Hi. Had to share. I found tonite that I can wear my son's camouflage for deer hunting. They are a 30 x 32. Sad to say, but my own camo was a size XXL from previous yrs. I'm so happy. The waist fits perfect and they are even a little baggy in the butt. This little victory was the BEST.

SherryA
11-20-2006, 10:43 AM
I guess! Fitting back into jeans a guy wears must feel fantastic! When I was young I could wear my (now ex) husband's jeans. He wore 30/31 I just can't picture fitting in something so small now! But it is a better guage than women's clothing sizes that have changed so much over the years. Then I wore a size 14 or 12 in women's clothing (or was it Juniors? either way) that size is HUGE now, not at all what it was when I was a girl.

So in order to know (if it ever happens which I doubt) that I have gotten back as small as I used to be I would have to be able to fit in men's jeans again. Isn't it funny that men's clothing sizes haven't changed, but that women's have? Tells you something doesn't it?

lilybelle
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
It is so true that men's clothing size hasn't changed and women's have. I weighed 135 in high school and wore a size 7-9 in juniors. I can wear mostly size 4's and 5's now, and I'm still about 10 lbs. heavier than I was then. I used to love button-up levis in HS and wore a 29 x 32 back then.

This is the first time in my life that I have fit in anything that is my son's. He is so skinny. When I picked up his camo, I thought there is NO way that I could fit in them they are so small. But, I can easily. This sure made me feel good.