WW Clubs and Groups - #171 Bale of Turtles Planning for Holidays

Itryharder
11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Princess1122
11-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Well I had a great W/I on Saturday and am feeling really good about things... still having dental pain but it is getting better. I was down 3.8 at W/I on Saturday and broke into the 180's.... it has been a very long time since I have been this low.

I have to run to a meeting but will check back to get caught up.

Susan

Itryharder
11-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi TUrtles,
:bravo: :cheer: :dance: :bubbles: :spin: :jig: :strong: :wave: :dancer:
Weigh to go Princess!!!! Your weight loss is wonderful, well deserved, and fabulous. Congratulations on not giving up when the scale wasn't showing you what you wanted. Super congratulations on reaching the 80's. You are well on your way to goal. Oh, I am so thrilled. I wish I could come over and go on a walk with you. You inspire me. Weigh to go, Susan.

I had a good weekend even though the food could have been awful. I couldn't stay on Core, but needed to use the extra points for the week since I attended two parties. The second party was at a restaurant, so I could choose a reasonable supper. So, I haven't stepped on the scale this morning, but the rest of the week has been very good and I'm hopeful for the WI on Wednesday morning. Wish me luck. I've been really busy trying to get ahead for the holidays. I think this will work. Having married children and their children means I need to re=think the way I have done things. I think I've got a handle on it.
Take care, do well.
Hey Mousie, come back. I miss you and your input. Sending :goodvibes: to all our Turtles near and far.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/?/thinner into onederland :cool:

Ariana2000
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm back! Hello, Ladies. I survived my first business trip, and I am back on 3FC.

Well, the report on the week -- I am embarassed, but I will be honest -- I didn't count points -- it's so hard to count them when you can't prepare your own meals for lunch and dinner. I did, however, stop at a grocery store in Colorado and get fresh fruit and instant reduced-sugar oatmeal (4 points for 2 packets), and I had oatmeal and fruit for breakfast each day, sometimes with one egg from their continental breakfast for protein. The free continental breakfast was full of temptations, bagels, pastry, etc., etc. But since I had my oatmeal, I only ate the eggs, the fat free milk and the fresh fruit from the continental breakfast. Lunch was not as good, although I tried -- it went better than it could have, but not as well as I had hoped. I did, however, make it to the gym all four nights I was there, a major triumph IMHO. I took a new class, PowerFlex (weight lifting) 2x, and did my usual 1 hour on the elliptical 2x. I am darn proud of that fact. :D I also didn't buy junk food while I was out and about in town, I waited for meals to eat, and I carried fruit with me for the in-between munchies. So, overall, I think it was a triumph; I may not lose weight this week, but considering that I was out of town and had to eat out 2x each day, I think maintenance is darn good. :D

Oh, and the business part of it went well too. :D

This weekend, I went behind the scenes at a zoo, that was cool. Did you ladies have a good weekend?

Princess: congrats, congrats, congrats on your weight loss! Hope you feel all of the way better soon!

Judy: I don't undertstand -- the food could have been awful? Good luck, good luck, good luck on WI. Re Holiday Planning: I'm sure it will work, it just may mean additional strategizing.

Well, ladies, back to work -- I'm doing my bit to post a few minutes M-F, and I made it -- I look forward to hearing from everybody!

Itryharder
11-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi Turtles,
Ariana, what a successful time away you had! Fabulous. I am so inspired by how you took control of the situation, especially since you had to eat out at least 2X a day. And the pursuing of exercise away from home was phenonemol! :tread: :strong: :dance: Weigh to go! You are my hero.

Hey, I'll try to explain myself. In the last thread I explained that I had two parties to go to this past weekend. In the past, I might have said it was too difficult to eat carefully and eaten more than I should. This time "although the food values, calories, and point counts could have been awful", I was careful, ate as well as I could and only had bites of higher caloried foods. I was trying to say that I was proud of myself, but when I re-read my post I realized it didn't make a lot of sense. Sorry. Also, thanks for saying you'll post daily during the week. That's a big help!

Tonight I have something to brag about. Had a very busy day, ate well although sparsely and found myself on the hunt tonight. After having some walnuts(not bad, but not on Core) and wanting to go back and have some more, I shook myself up and am making a cup of tea with Splenda instead. I find at night if I put a splash of skim milk and Splenda in my tea, it quells my appetite. So, how about that? I'm so proud.:balloons:

Gotta run and take care of things, but wanted to congratulate Ariana on her great success.
Judy
234.6/?/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
11-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Ariana: Congrats! I know that traveling can be really hard and it is even harder when you don't have other WW around to help find the better resturants and such that have the healthier things on the menus... you did awesome!

Judy: You rock! Great job and what an inspiration you are! I do the tea idea also... I have it during the day at work when I am feeling hungry and also on the weekends while I am preparing the "Football Foods" on Sundays.... it is hard to keep my fingures off of some of the no no's that I have on the snack trays but with the tea to sip on I don't really bother with them.

Chris: How are you doing? How are things going up your way? Have you had snow yet? I would just love to visit Montana some day... it is high on my list of places in this country I would love to go to.

All: have a very happy day and Judy I will try and post every day also... I know it makes a huge difference when you log on and get to read other peoples posts... at least it does for me... I don't feel so alone in this journey since my husband kind of jumped off of the wagon a while back... Although he went to weigh in last Saturday and re-joined... he had gained back almost all of the weight that he lost... I felt bad for him but as we all know there is little that you can do for that except be as supportive as you can and keep going.

Susan

Princess1122
11-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Ariana: Congrats! I know that traveling can be really hard and it is even harder when you don't have other WW around to help find the better resturants and such that have the healthier things on the menus... you did awesome!

Judy: You rock! Great job and what an inspiration you are! I do the tea idea also... I have it during the day at work when I am feeling hungry and also on the weekends while I am preparing the "Football Foods" on Sundays.... it is hard to keep my fingures off of some of the no no's that I have on the snack trays but with the tea to sip on I don't really bother with them.

Chris: How are you doing? How are things going up your way? Have you had snow yet? I would just love to visit Montana some day... it is high on my list of places in this country I would love to go to.

All: have a very happy day and Judy I will try and post every day also... I know it makes a huge difference when you log on and get to read other peoples posts... at least it does for me... I don't feel so alone in this journey since my husband kind of jumped off of the wagon a while back... Although he went to weigh in last Saturday and re-joined... he had gained back almost all of the weight that he lost... I felt bad for him but as we all know there is little that you can do for that except be as supportive as you can and keep going.

Susan

Itryharder
11-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi Turtles,
Today I am heading over to help out with dear grandbaby. I don't expect to be there long, and I am bringing food with me. Having oatmeal before I go and am taking two pieces of pork loin (Core) for lunch along with some unsweetened applesauce. I am eating a hefty lunch so I won't be tempted by some of the foods my dd keeps in the house.
Good luck to us all and I love that we'll try to post daily.
Judy :cool:

bandit2
11-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Good morning, Turtles:

Princess - I am soooooo proud of you, what fabulous results. Really, gives the rest of us something to work towards. GREAT!!

Ariana - you made such good choices & to get in that much exercise while away is awesome.

You ladies are great.

As for up here. We lost the election so that was very disappointing, especially since voter turnout was only 25% - so I guess that means the other 75% will just complain. Anyway, we worked hard to try & get some changes but to no avail. I am glad it is over.

Looking foward to my Vegas trip this Sat & relaxing with friends.

Have a good "turtle day"

Bye for now.

Princess1122
11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Bandit: I am so sorry that the election did not go the way you had hoped it would... Have a wonderful, fun and relaxing time in Vegas... I have never been there but they say it is a blast!

Susan

Itryharder
11-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Bandit,
sorry about the election. That has to be disappointing. It's weird when people don't get up and vote and then have the nerve to complain.

Well, shake it off, have a great time in Vegas and enjoy yourself. I've never been there either. Where will you stay? So many of the places look exotic and/or glamorous. What fun! I made reservations for a night in December for my dh and me to go to the Tropicana in Atlantic City. It's not a long drive for us and I think the slots (penny) are soooo much fun.

Everyone, take care, be well and happy on keep on drinking your water!
Judy

Ariana2000
11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
All: Thank you for the congrats! That's good to hear, and the timing couldn't be better -- the altitude change really affected me aversely -- I tried to be chipper yesterday, but I've just run out of energy today. I feel short of breath, lethargic and sad -- working out doesn't help, which is really odd -- I usually feel less sad after working out -- I couldn't even finish my workout last night. I'm hoping it will go away soon. So anyway, your kind words are well timed, nice to hear since I'm feeling so punky.

Well, last night's attempt to workout went so badly (I couldn't finish, I am feeling so lethargic and short of breath), I'm not going to bother today (I feel the same way), and I'm going to home and cook, and then try to get to bed early and hope that rest helps. Have a good day ladies...
Judy: That makes a lot more sense. Congratulations on your willpower.

Princess: I agree, it helps for us all to try and post, to know that there are others with us. It is very hard when those around us are not eating healthy too, my mother fights that battle regularly. But we have to lose weight because we are dedicated to it, because we want to do it, and because we want to do it for ourselves -- I really thinking that nagging and cajoling could only lead to temporary losses. That is my opinion, but I have heard others say the same.

Bandit -- sorry about the elections, but enjoy Vegas!

chrily
11-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Just had to stop and say hi really quick. I'm on my way out the door to take my daughter to dance. I'll check back later....

HEY ARIANA!!! WAY TO GO GIRL!

christina

Itryharder
11-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Chris, glad you're chiming it. You go girl, too!

Hey, I've got upbeat news. I went to my WI this morning and was down 1.4#. I think that's fantastic since I had two parties this past weekend and I've been so busy. :goodscale: Yay. This confirms that it's really important for us to never give up. Keep on keepin' on.
234.6/216/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
11-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Great job Judy! I am so happy for you!

Rainy and gloomy here today... not much is new, just gearing up for my youngest son's 18th birthday... it is on Friday but the family is celebrating on Thursday since he has plans with his girlfriend and friends Friday night. DH, DS and I all chipped in and bought him a second hand car for his birthday, he does not know anything about it so he will be very surprised tomorrow... we are all very excited!

Hope all is well.
Susan

Ariana2000
11-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Chris: Hey Chrily, good to hear from you. Thank you!

Judy: congrats! That is fantastic!

Princess: good afternoon. Have fun celebrating!

Ladies:
Good afternoon. I'm feeling a little better today, last night was bad, bad, bad. I cooked, and quit part way through the second dish out of exhaustion, and shoved everything in the fridge. At least the meatloaf (3 pts, from the WW magazine) worked out. I am feeling a little better every day. I'm going to try and work out tonight. I hate feeling like this -- remind me to not go to Colorado again for a long, long time (the environment change is making me "sick", super-tired, lethargic, sad and very irritable.) Anyway, enough whining. Today is weigh-in, and I hope to maintain after having to eat out so much last week. Wish me luck!

Princess1122
11-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Ariana: Good luck with your W/I...
I know how you feel though, it was not even a change of environment that caused my slump... not really sure what mine was other then being in pain and a few other issues but I still understand what you are saying and my few words of advise are this... get some sleep, you sound tired - Eat good healthy food, stay with-in your points - take some time for yourself even if it is just a long bath or a walk around the part or quilting, something that you can just get your thoughts together and at the same time release some stress.
That's it... I know, not many real words of wisdon in there just my suggestions to maybe get you back to feeling like the old Ariana...

Susan

Itryharder
11-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Ariana,
Just a :grouphug: from us to help you out. The environment can do that--think of what happened. You were in a different climate and altitude. You exercised strongly and ate well, but I am sure that the professional work you did was stressful and there was plenty of it. I would think you would have been very tired. Now you're feeling the aftermath. Sleep, drink lots of water, eat what appeals to you OP, and this will pass. I bet by tomorrow you'll be feeling much better.
Take it easy and feel better.

Princess, your ds is a very lucky guy. He will have a wonderful :hb: We're all happy for him!
Judy

chrily
11-16-2006, 01:57 AM
I am so scared to jump on the scale. I just do want to see what it says. I'm scale -o-phobic.

Just had to pop in. Night time for me. We meet with the surgeon tomorrow to discuss Kelly's surgery.

Christina

bandit2
11-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone:

Judy - nice job on the weight loss!

Just wanted to say hi - finishing up here at work then off to get dd at university then home to pack - then off to Vegas!

So, everyone have a great upcoming week & I will talk when I return.

Bye for now.

Ariana2000
11-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon! I am definitely starting to feel better. It took about 5 days (including the weekend), but I am starting to feel myself again. I am going to take a weight lifting class if I can make it on time, or try 45 minutes on the elliptical. Work is stressful today, but hey, what's new?

Now, for WI...I was just hoping to maintain this week, after eating out 2x a day while I was in CO, and then, not being able to workout the first two days because I felt so lousy...and instead...

I LOST 2 POUNDS! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WHICH MEANS...DRUM-ROLL PLEASE...I HIT THE 50 POUND MARK! I've lost 50 pounds! Can you believe it?!? I barely can. :O Isn't that fantastic?

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I'm going to go out and buy myself two new watches -- I promised myself a nice, new watch when I hit 50 pounds (my watch died several months ago, and I didn't want to spend the money to replace it). Since I don't like expensive watches -- really expensive jewelry makes me nervous -- I'm going to get two less expensive watches, two Timexes, one for everyday, and one prettier one for going out. :D

Anyway, on to you guys... :^:

Princess: I have been trying to take care of myself; I didn't workout until last night, and then only 30 minutes. I think I am up to doing 45 minutes or an hour tonight, I am finally starting to feel significantly better. I've slept a lot the last few days, and I think that is finally starting to do the trick. I have promised myself that Sunday will be about sewing, although it is not necessarily anti-stress to do it (since I am making pajamas, not quilting, that is somehow more stressful), but once I have the PJ's done, I will definitely feel as though another weight has lifted off my shoulders (I am worried about getting them done in time for Xmas, considering how much I will be out of town and busy. Silly, I know, but I really want them finished ASAP.) Thank you for all of your good advice!

Judy: Thanks for the hug! Yes, the trip was exciting but also quite stressful, but I have been kinder to myself lately, and it seems to finally be helping.

Chrily: I think it is important to continue to weight yourself, not to miss more than a week of weigh-ins. Scales are about accountability, of course -- and accountability is an important part of losing weight. I know that I avoided scales throughout most of college, and that protected me from facing the knowledge that I was gaining, it protected me from the pain and embarassment,maybe even shame -- but it did nothing to help the problem, and in fact, only allowed it to continue. So step on the scale. If you're not happy with the results, do something about it. Re-evaluate your strategy. If you don't know what to do next, come to us. Maybe we can help. That's one of the reasons why we're here, right? Good ideas and moral support?

Bandit -- good to hear from you! Again, enjoy Vegas!

Itryharder
11-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Okay, Okay, this Bale of Turtles rocks!
Ariana, this is such unbelievably wonderful news! You lost 2 pounds following a week away and it is the same week in which you lost 50 pounds. :goodscale: :bravo: :dance: :tread: :cheer:
Weigh to go girl!
Judy

Princess1122
11-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Ariana: You rock! I am so so so happy for you! 50 lbs is awesome... really awesome! Have fun making your PJ's... you are way more advanced a sewer then I am... if it is anything more then a straight line I am out of luck :D

Well my son's birthday went really well last night... he was so surprised and excited about his car... He was just stunned and never saw it coming so it was wonderful to see his face when he opened the box and found the car keys in it... very cool!

Bandit: have a great time in Vegas... I have never been there but I hear it is a blast!

Chris and Judy: How are you both doing?

Well have a great day all!

Susan

chrily
11-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Well the meeting with Kelly's surgeon went well. We now have to get two more procedures done on him in a couple weeks to determine what kind of surgery they will do. But we talked and he wants to try to lose some weight before the surgery because the doctor says it will be easier on him. The only down side other than the risks is the recuperation period. We thought he'd be down for a few days...looks like he won't be able to work for 3 to 4 weeks. There's a bite to the finances. But get this...swallowing will be difficult and food won't go down as well until the esophagus heals because of all the swelling so the poor guy won't be allowed to eat red meat or bread for a month afterwards. Those are the two worst offenders for choking. He'll be a little twig man after that.

Well I took your advice and jumped on the scale this morning. See the other day when I jumped on it was almost at 212. I was SCARED! When I peeked this morning, it was 209.7. Better but not good. I've been watching my eating this week and drinking more water, while laying off the pop so much. Must help some. If I can just figure out where I go wrong and how to keep me on track, the weight usually comes off quite easy. It's just keeping me there on track that's the problem. Last year, my dr. did a profile on me and I answered all these questions, and I have been diagnosed as having a binge eating disorder but I quit going to her after my weight loss stalled. Of course their cure was really restricted calories, medication, and protein shakes. That doesn't quite get to the heart of it all.

I am going to kill two puppies (hubby's idea. He figured Simon needed a play buddy). ANyhow, they both chew on the furniture now. The little guy is only 14 weeks old and Simon is 10 months old. I know Max is still teething but I have rawhide chews, chewie toys, etc all over the house.....

Well gotta go. If anyone has any good breakfast ideas for me, let me know. I'm bored with cereal. I'm VERY allergic to yeast (so no bread or donut things) and VERY allergic to wheat. That knocks out alot of foods. Darn it.

CHristina

Itryharder
11-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Chris, I'm so glad the meeting with your dh's doc went well. I am also happy for you that your :goodscale: worked out so well. It's important to keep track of our weight on the scale because sometimes we're doing just fine, think we are not doing well, and then overeat because of our fears. Crazy, but it's happened to me. So, I'm glad things are going better for you.

Princess,
I am so glad you were able to pull off such a great surprise for your ds for his :hb:. Good for you! How terrific. You sound optimistic and your weight loss is going well. Isn't it funny how just a week or so ago all of us were stuck in a plateau mode and now we're all losing again? Without you guys I'm afraid I might just throw in the towel. After all, I want to be healthy and fit and I want to weigh less. I did fine yesterday and it's been a good week so far. After this I am going to make a Core meatloaf to have on hand for dinner tonight since dd and dgrandson will be here again today and we often get pizza when they come. Pizza once a week is fine for me, but I don't want it two days in a row.

Ariana,
So glad you treated yourself to watches. It's great to celebrate success with something you can hold and admire and remind yourself that you're doing well. :bravo:

Bandit, I bet you're in Vegas by now. good luck! :cheer:

Mousie and everybody chime in as we go through the holidays. We can offer support and you can give a lot to us.
Judy
Have a good weekend.
:cool:

Princess1122
11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Morning all!

W/I went very well on Saturday which really surprised me as it is that TOM for me... but I was down 2.4 so my total lost is 36 lbs! I have passed my half way mark which makes me very happy.

I have to run to a meeting so will have to come back later to check on the weekend posts that I missed.

Have a happy day!
Susan

Itryharder
11-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Susan, weigh to go! This is fabulous. What a wonderful WI and TOM to boot.
Something's going on and it's very good. Keep up the good work. Yay!
It's great that you've reached your halfway mark. Day by day keeps us all going strong. :bravo: :cheer: :dancer:

Ariana2000
11-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Ladies -- sorry I didn't chime in on Friday, I went out to lunch with some people at work and I didn't have time to get in a response. Well, my weekend was nice, I went out with friends on both Saturday and Sunday night. Sunday, I managed to finish one of the two tops in the pajama set for mom, and the pants were already done, so I only have to finish one more pajama set (2-4 hours of work) and they'll all be done, unless I find out this week that her waist is much smaller than the measurements I made it too, that will add about two hours to fix the waist. I'm leaving town Tuesday afternoon, so you probably won't hear from me after Tuesday until next Monday. Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!

Judy -- thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so excited! :D That was exactly my thought -- the watches were something I wanted, a carrot in front of this horse's nose, but they are also a tangible reminder of success... :D Re plateaus -- it is so true -- last week we were pretty much all frustrated, now we are rocking and rolling again. It just goes to show what re-evaluating and persisting can do for you!

Susan: Thank you so much! I am thrilled too. :D I would probably enjoy the pajama sewing more if I weren't on a deadline. I used to sew clothes a lot, and while I am only adequate in that department, it is enough to get the work done. Congrats on your WL and getting to that milestone of 1/2 way there...isn't it thrilling? <big grin> Also, I'm glad your son liked his gift so much.

Chrily: Hooray for you for stepping on the scale. It's important to be honest with ourselves about our progress and our status, and regular WI's are part of that. I think that, if you want to stay on track, you need to honestly evaluate why you slip, and work on strategies to strategies to get around it. For example, I was a stress eater, so I found other activities (quilting and working out) to cut my stress instead of eating. If you do the alternate activity long enough, your body can start to crave the alternate activity instead of the food, unless you're really, really stressed (and then the craving is not as strong.) Tell us -- why do you think you slip? Glad the meeting with Kelly's Dr. went well. Re breakfast ideas -- what about yogurt and fruit?

chrily
11-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Today I took a conscious effort to eating. I do notice I eat when i'm stressed or bored...but this is interesting, I ate two waffles for breakfast and was full but on the way to work, I couldn't get it out of my head that I didn't need to eat anymore. I kept thinking I should get something fast food and rip the egg out to eat for protein and throw the rest away because I was afraid I didn't eat enough and I would get hungry later. I think I eat MORE as an attempt to make sure I don't get hungry later on rather than eating to just being satisfied and full but not too full. This always fails. But be happy...I didn't take the bait this morning and I finally pushed the little voice out of my head and didn't eat any more until breaktime and had a yogurt. I didn't eat ANY candy today either.

I keep screwing up my typing. My hands are dry and my cuticle cracked and tore on the side of my thumb and its a little infected and REALLY sore.

Ariana-I guess I might have missed something but are you making pajamas for your mom for a Christmas gift? I'm making jammie bottoms for all my girls for presents. Hopefully I can get them done. Kayla gets flannel Polly pocket bottomes, Nicole gets Hello Kitty, and for Tiana I found some way cool flannel with the Lucky Charms leprechan and logo all over.

Okay...gotta get to bed.

Christina

Princess1122
11-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Well it is cold here today... but sunny and it is supposed to warm up for the week with the afternoons getting up into the 50's.... yah! That means that I can take walks to help get rid of the holiday calories and since only my mom is coming in for the holiday she will take strolls with me... she does not walk fast or long but will take strolls and that will work to keep things moving in the right direction.

Ariana: That is just too cool that you are making PJ's! I am so jealous of your talent! Your mom is going to love and treasure them, what a special gift!

Chris: You are a sewer also?!? How wonderful that you can make some holiday gifts also!

Judy: How are you doing? What is going on with you lately?

Bandit: What is happening in your neck of the woods?

Is everyone ready for the Thanksgiving holiday? My meeting leader said something that really sunk in for me and I have been planning my up coming holiday around it... She said "it is only a one day holiday... not a four day holiday" and I think that my family tends to think of it as a holiday weekend and not one day so I have changed my thought pattern. I am planning some game nights, movie nights, take the dogs for walks in the afternoon, go shopping on Friday with the rest of the bargin shoppers, etc... things to keep me out of the "food" environment/kitchen for four days straight. Not sure if it will work but it is worth the try.

Have a happy day!
Susan

chrily
11-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Susan..I had to laugh with your sewer question. I read it as I was a sewer as in a drain pipe...not as with a sewing machine. Boy, do I need to wake up..alot! Too funny.

I started the day out good. Hubby made us banana protein shakes for breakfast. YUM! I'm trying...I figure I'll work on getting my eating back on track and not worry so much about exercise. I won't try NOT to do it but if can't get it done one day, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. BABY STEPS all the way!!!

Christina

Princess1122
11-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Chris: OMG... I just saw that and realized what I had typed...LOL... too funny.
I am not an awesome speller so I did not catch that :D

Susan

Princess1122
11-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Happy Wednesday all!

I just wanted to do a quick stop by to see how everyone is doing. I am leaving early today since I have a ton of things to do before my mom arrives.

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday to everyone!

Susan

Itryharder
11-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi guys,
I will respond to all the wonderful things going on later. We're really becoming a strong group and that's great! I've been shopping and cooking, but I did take out a few minutes to WI this morning. Down .6# Yay! and I went to my meeting tonight for a boost. I'm planning on having a lovely Thursday Thanksgiving and then ----gotta run. My kids are here.
Love
Judy
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!! :cool:

Itryharder
11-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Turtles,
Ariana, You are doing what I say I want to do: you're replacing stress eating with activities. I am definitely going to buy some yarn to have on hand. I love to quilt, but right now the house isn't going to take kindly to a quilting project because it ties up my table, etc. But crocheting a baby blanket is compact, and I love to do it--especially while watching some mindless TV.
So glad you got those jammies made. What a thoughtful, useful, and fabulous gift to give your mom. She's gonna love the set!

Princess, you give me hope with your planning. You have planned to have game nights and strolls and all sorts of activities. No reason why I can't do that too! Today our Thanksgiving will be a whole family smaller than planned, but they got sick. So instead of 12, there will be 7 of us. That's okay. In the meantime my dd and dd's fiance brought in Deal or No Deal and we'll play that after dinner. It will be a low key day because the toddlers won't be here. That's okay. I still have a lot to be thankful for.

I'm going to start a new thread now. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Bandit, hope you're doing great on vacation. Ariana, hope you enjoy your weekend away. Chris, hope everything settles down for you and you continue treating yourself well with the scale and food, Princess, keep on giving us your good tips and encouragement. We can all use it.
Love,