Old 11-12-2006, 04:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/242/130

Height: 5 Foot 6 Inches

Question Ridges on my skin?

Are those considered stretch marks? I have some, they don't look like my other stretch marks. I noticed when I pull the skin on my thigh really tautly, I see ridges? I can also feel them when I scratch my thigh ( I feel the bumps)

What are they?
cagedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I feel a lot of bumps and lumps under my skin now. Some I've even went to the doctor for. It will be strange the things you discover in your body after losing weight. My doctor went though all my concerns and felt around and explained what everything was. I felt kind of silly but it put my mind to rest. She was glad to help and was proud of my accomplishment so that made it a little easier.

So I guess what I'm saying is it's probably nothing but if it concerns you then by all means go see your doctor.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/242/130

Height: 5 Foot 6 Inches

It isn't under my skin it is my skin? I mean, its not the fat under because I know its fat... But its my skin... When I stretch it you can see ridges? Are those early signs of stretch marks?
cagedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #4  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I think that I know what you're talking about and that is what the stretch marks look like when they are first start showing. Slap some coconut butter on them and they will probably fade as long as you don't continue to stretch the skin.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Yup, I'd say stretch marks

My old stretch marks from the kids are faded now (in colour only)
but they are really quite deep, and some nearly a centimeter wide. I have a very bumpy tummy.

Are they itchy?

When mine first started coming...they were insanely itchy (the skin separating). Scratching made them worse, and helped them to spread almost like a zipper in the last months of pregnancy.

At first they are raised, but mine now are indented, so I feel the edges...do you know what I mean?

There's really nothing that you can do about stretch marks. The lotions are nice and may help to keep your skin supple. Also, losing weight too quickly...and gaining it too quickly..aggravates them, so try to keep your losses in the healthy .5-2 pounds per week range.

It's a different story when you are pregnant because you haven't got any control over how much that little one stretches your belly, aside from keeping your eating healthy, of course!

Take care of yourself, and try not to worry too much, OK? There's not much that can be done aside from surgery. But they DO fade, and I consider them a badge of honour, whether from childbirth, or a reminder of what you have accomplished and where you have come from.

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote