Old 11-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/169/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Nsv

A little over a month ago I bought a pair of jeans that fit perfectly. (It's really hard to find jeans that fit me because I have a really curvy backside and hips. To get my butt to fit, the waist is always too big.) Anyway, after I bought them I decided I would go back and get the next size down since they were on sale. I thought that maybe by Christmas they would fit. I tried them on tonight, and they fit! They are a little snug but I could wear them out in public and look just fine. I haven't fit into a size 14 in over four years. Now if I could just get into a smaller shirt. Unfortunately my chest has not shrunk along with the rest of me.

Kristi
KristiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Oh my word......congrats to you. That is terrific. You must be sooooooo excited. Don't worry about the top, it will go too.

MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations! What's better than an unexpected NSV!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

That's wonderful! I love it when smaller clothes fit.

By the way, what does NSV stand for?
webweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:04 PM   #5  
love my new muscles!

S/C/G: 231/182/165

Height: 5'7

Congratulations. I know that feels GREAT. I have a pair of jeans that I bought over 10 years ago. I know a long time to keep jeans but they were $100 and I just loved them and couldn’t toss them. When I first started I couldn't even get them up all the way then I could get them on but not buttoned. Later, I could get them on and buttoned if I was laying flat on my back (but couldn't walk-lol). Currently, I get them on up and buttoned without to much trouble. I can even sit in them but the fat hanging over the top is still a little too much but I am almost there.

I also need to know what NSV is. This thread has been driving me crazy -lol
Luv_Losing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

NSV = Non-scale victory! NSV's celebrate progress, achievements, goals that don't necessarily involve seeing a lower number of the scale. It could be anything from fitting into a smaller size to smaller measurements to having someone tell you that you look good (or noticing yourself how good you look). Since the scale can be fickle, it's good to congratulate yourself on other achievements and to have other ways to measure your progress.

Way to go Kristi and Luv!!! I love being able to get into a smaller size; it's so much more meaningful than the number on the scale.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #7  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

That is awesome to be unexpected!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote