South Beach Diet - Introduction

View Full Version : Introduction

paganfroglady
11-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to say hi! I'm Melissa, and I've been reading the forums for a week or so now, finally decided to join. Today my husband and I start the SBD. I'm pretty excited, it seems like an easier plan to follow than Atkins. We did Atkins for awhile and it worked pretty well, but I can't stand to eat that much meat (I'm a semi-veg). Plus, it's expensive! And I hate being limited on my veggies. I haven't bought the book yet, going to do that tomorrow. But I pulled some great recipes from here and I have the food lists so I figure that's good to get us started. We work long hours and commute about an hour to and from work, I think that is the reason we are having such a hard time eating healthier. But I'm tired of being fat, and have about 200lbs to lose :yikes: and my husband Jason has had the blahs for so long that we have to do SOMETHING.

So, hi, I'm glad to be here!

Christian
11-11-2006, 12:50 PM
:welcome: Melissa

You will LOVE South Beach if you even liked Atkins , it is so much easier and it makes alot more sence to be able to eat fruits and whole wheat pastas, Join in on the daily threads and post a bio, we would all love to get to know you better...Have a great day :D

cottagebythesea
11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
:welcome3: Melissa!

paganfroglady
11-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Hmm...so you want a bio? I'm happily married, no kids but trying (which is why I need to lose the weight.) We live with my in laws in the country (hence the 2 hour a day commute). I am such a foodie, I love to cook and try new recipes, though I'm not real great at coming up with them on my own. I work as an accounting clerk during the week, on the weekends I work from home doing customer service, and I have a busines called KumaFrog where we sell pagan and celtic themed tie dye and embroidery. I love to do yoga but I'm just getting back into it and have lost a lot of my flexibility. I'm also trying to learn belly dancing. I guess that's really all about me!

Kiko
11-11-2006, 09:59 PM
:welcome3: We are glad you are here! Jump right on into the daily posts!!

Schatzi
11-12-2006, 06:06 AM
:welcome: Melissa!! Check out the stickies in the FAQ section to help you get started on your healthy way of eating! And of course we're here to help with any questions too! :)

There's also a site on the forum called Paganchicks that you might want to visit too... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185

ebb&flow
11-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Welcome! I hope that SB works for you and your DH. I think it is a good plan and I find it easier than Atkins because SB allows you to have so many veggies and encourages healthy carbs. I had a hard time with limiting all carbs. I was a near veggie- then converted to a veggie- then back to near veggie again. I need my whole grains!

KnitALisa
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Welcome!!! If you love to cook, pick up the SBD cookbooks. I love the Quick and Easy one and, swear to goodness, I have not had a bad meal out of that book yet!!