100 lb. Club - Inches

View Full Version : Inches

Liliann
11-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Is anyone focusing on losing inches?

I am doing my best on doing some exercise daily. I am not following any special plan. Just eating healthy and exercise. I am fed up on the scale, since I am reading You on a diet book by Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz. It brought my attention up on losing my belly fat..which that is where I need the most work on.

If anyone want to buddy up with me on losing inches then weight..PM me and let's shrink to a smaller size.

nelie
11-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I do both, scale and inches. I find inches very motivating. And you should expect to see a lot of inches coming off your waist as you lose weight because your body really does want to get rid of belly fat when you are over 50 lbs or so overweight.

At my highest weight, I had about a 57 inch waist. Now I'm 38-39 inches. My hips also used to be around 67 inches and now they are at 50-51 inches.

CLCSC145
11-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi Liliann,

I was intrigued by Drs. Oz and Roizen's waist circumference theories too (as an "apple" it's my widest point :mad: ). I'll use anything I can to help motivate me: the scale, a tape measure, my clothes, the mirror, and comments from others. It helps to have more than one way to judge your success since they don't all show signs at the same rate!

Lifeguard
11-13-2006, 12:29 PM
I do Herbal Magic & they measure weight & inches. I have lost a total of 43.5 inches from my body so far (they measure at a variety of places) & even when I haven't lost pounds I've lost inches so it does help to keep me motivated. b

Liliann
11-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Thank you for your input.. Great job Nelie and Lifeguard with your progress! :)

jtammy
11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I definitely keep up with my inches lost. I wouldn't care what I weighed if I were 36-24-36 :).

I started at 54- 47 - 65 and am now 42 - 34.5 - 47. I'm looking forward to getting below the 32" that the doctors in You and Waist Management (?) say is healthier.

I weigh also, and it's funny how lots of times when the scales don't move, the tape measure does, and vice versa. I think tracking both is the best way to go.

Liliann
11-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Great progress, Tammy.. Thank you for sharing your progress! Way to go!!

wip
11-15-2006, 12:00 AM
I think I shared this elsewhere, but at the risk of repeating myself....google Canada am and follow the link this week for Dr. Roizen. You can watch the video clips or read the text. I've been aware of the health risks of apple vs. pear shapes, but this clip today REALLY did it for me. :eek:

lilybelle
11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
My biggest focus now is on trimming the inches from my waist. I am V shaped and my stomach is as wide as my hips. I measure my waist every month in hopes it will go down. It is decreasing slowly now that I'm at goal and continuing to exercise. My measurements were 49-47-45 to start with and are 39-32-33 right now. I want a waist line really bad. Even a 30 inch waist would make me ecstatic.