Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/160/147

Height: 5'6"

Default needing encouragment to not overeat tonight

Hello everyone~

I am a "newbie" this being my first post on this website. I recently joined WW and have about 17 pounds to goal... I really need some encouragement and advice for tonight.

I have this wine tasting event to go to tonight and all of my triggers will be there like fondue, brushetta, cheeses, crackers all those things that go with wine. But I really dont want to go because I feel like I will not be able to control myself and eat them.

I dont have will power! If I am not around snacky foods then I wont eat it but if its in front of me I have a very hard time choosing the right foods or at least the right amount of foods to stay on goal. I've never been very good at staying away and saying no.

I feel like I am an alcoholic and now I have to go to the bar! But I know it is not healthy to avoid social situations just because Im afraid I will eat.

I need advice supoprt and moral for tonight!!!!!

Thanks!
Jenna8
Jenna8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Hi there. If you are going with someone you can tell them your goals for the evening. Then they can help you and support you. If you are not going with someone, maybe you can write down your goals and repeat them to yourself a lot! Eat before you get there, but leave a little room in your plan to have one or two things. I am not sure if this help but good luck!! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

You should be able to fit this into your Weight Watchers points... are you using flex plan? Wine is only 2 pts for a regular sized serving and I would look up the point counts for soft cheeses and different types of crackers and make a plan. I think we all need to be able to handle these types of events because they will be with us for the rest of our lives. You can do it! I am also a WW member and use my 35 flex points towards evenings like these and continue to average over a pound weight loss each week. Also, go do a very vigorous workout and rack up some extra activity points if you need to and eat light all day today. Give yourself permission to enjoy wine and some snacks and savor each bite and drink... go slow and have fun!
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #4  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Jenna,

Ah, the torture and blessings of wine!

First, I'd say the primo thing to do is fill up on healthy stuff BEFORE you go! Especially bulky stuff with plenty of fiber to keep you full. This way you won't be as tempted to go nuts on the spread in front of you.

Another thing you will need to be careful of is your self-control once you drink the wine, well, that is, if you are actually drinking and not just spitting it out For myself (and most other people I think!) once I have a drink, my firm rules start to get blurred, then can be tossed to the wind... with me thinking stuff like "Oh what the heck... life is short... live it up for tonight! Diet tomorrow!"

Helps to keep in mind the future is now Self-indulgence can be justified over and over for a long time and losing weight becomes an impossible goal in the imaginary future. I'm talking to myself here as much as you

With the foods you mentioned, I guess I'd try to stay away from the fondue if you are on WW. WW is a low-fat diet and fondue could really kill your Points for the day.

Be mentally prepared to gain the next day with the salt you will be having... even if you are pretty much on track Points-wise, there is sure to be way a lot of sodium in all of that stuff. Of course the salt makes the wine even more tempting as you get thirsty

Good luck! You can do this! Learning how to negotiate "real life" while losing weight is key; you're absolutely right that it must be done... just keep your WW focus front and center when you are there.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote