Old 11-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #1  

Smile New to LAWL and to the forum :D

Hello everyone!

I am new to LAWL and to this wonderful forum. I just joined LAWL 2 days ago, but I haven't been given my program because my doctor hasn't signed the form I really really can't wait to get the program and start on it.
I have already lost 18 lbs on my own, but I started gaining it back because as usual I fell off the wagon and stayed on the ground instead of getting back on it lol. That is the reason I decided to join this program which I have never tried before. It is costing me so much money that I have buyer's remorse, but after reading some of your posts in this forum I feel a little better knowing that some of you have had such wonderful results.

Anyways congratulations to you all on your weight loss so far, you really inspire me

Luisa
Luisa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/219/155

Height: 5 '4

Hi my name is Keshia I am 23 I started the program today... I am at 223 my highest was 229 one lb different then my last wk of my pregnancy (w/ high blodd pressure)! ... I was doing WW for a couple of mos but it was not working too great...I am married have one son who is almost 3 and I am a full time college student, I live in Texas born and raised city girl (Dallas) it is really great to be here I just hope I have not wasted my $

Last edited by kbanks03; 11-11-2006 at 02:09 AM.
kbanks03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:28 AM   #3  
Sammy

Welcome and good luck!
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Welcome ladies! join us on the Losers and Friend Forum .... I am sure you'll love it here as these chickies are great!
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #5  

Thank you both for your warm welcome

Keshia, I know how you feel about "not wasting your money" but I think we made the right decision. We just have to work the program and the program will work with us. I personaly have already changed my lifestyle a few months ago and have lost 19 lbs since this morning but like I said in my original post I want the accountability of LAWL. I have been overweight and unhealthy for way too long and I am just sick and tired of it (no pun intended lol )
Like you I also have a 4 year old daughter and she is missing out on a lot of things she could be doing with me because of my weight, and that disappoints me. I want to be the best mom I can be, and I think that to be that mom I need to lose this weight and get healthy.

Good luck to you and to all of us on this journey!

Luisa
Luisa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #6  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Default Welcome

Luisa and Keisha! Congratulations on taking the step to a healthier and thinner you! This group is awesome, you will have so much support on your journey and make wonderful friends to boot.

Keisha - I think a lot of us have gone through sticker shock when joining LAWL but let me tell you the plan DOES work. If you stick to the plan you will lose weight and that is what we are paying for!

I look forward to getting to know you both and wish you both the best of luck!!

Debbie/Nashville
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #7  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Default hello

I am new today also, I dont offically start til tomorrow to do the take off drink. I look forward to posting with you and we can do this!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #8  
kristie

S/C/G: 255/240/180

Height: 5'6''

Hi all
I just wanted tosay that the LAWL plan does work. I've tried just about all of them I tried WW but I could manuever those points however I felt and it just didin't work for me. I tried atkins but got migaraines. I tried drugs lie phentermine but my body reacted weird. LAWL does for me what those others did not, itholds me accountable and it is a lifesyle change. Hubby did LAWL and lost 50lbs and has kept it off for about a year now. It is worth it, when you follow the plan you will have great results.
tweeteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/219/155

Height: 5 '4

Default Thanks Guys

Aww I feel the love
I went in today and am already down a few lbs
I really think it is going to work for me now I just have to get those points out of my head!! lol
kbanks03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #10  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Default welcome to alll the newbies

gosh a whole lot of new people..great!!!...I joined on Sept. 1st....and have lost almost 25 pounds so far....going well...I really needed the change in my eating habits....This forum is wonderful...I try to check in every day and look forward to everyones comments... nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #12  
One pound at a time...

Wow, lots of newbies! to the forum!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/247/150

Height: 5'7"

I am new, too! I joined with a hope to feel good by April 1. I am trying so hard because every other diet has not worked for me. I am ready to regain my life. This seems like a great forum to join.
AlphaBettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #14  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Welcome Ladies
Keisha I did WW too in the past and it is hard to get the Points out of your mind. If you stick to the plan you will be successful, this board is living proof! I started on September 25 and have lost 20 lbs and 9". I still have many things I love, less of some of the things I adore but am enjoying the program. Welcome to our world!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

another word to our newbies....this really works...less food,,more healthy food..lots of lemon water....... portions are sooo important..I also did WW and it is a great program...But I need more structure and LESS options right now.....Its too easy to blow it on WW , I think.....nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote