Old 11-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #1  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Default Joined today

Well I did it. I joined today. I have 20 pounds to lose which they said was 10 weeks. I am starting the take off juice on Sunday b/c I have to go in on the 2nd day of doing it and if I started tomorrow I would have to go in on Sunday and they are closed.

I am excited but nervous. I am scared to see what this meal plan will be for me.....
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #2  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on joining. I joined Oct. 7th and I am down 13 lbs. The program will work if you work the program. When you go back to the center after Fast Forward, they will give you a complementary box of lites and put you on a plan that incorporates the LA Lites.

Then you will come back in two days for the big sales pitch. At that time you will have to decide if you are going to do the LA lites or not. They are completely optional and there are pleanty of successful folks here that do not use them. I personally do not use them. If you do not use them you will be put on an all food program. I decided that I wanted to lose the weight using food b/c that is what I am going to be eating for the rest of my life.

I decided at the second appointment that I did not plan on using the LA Lites and I asked for a copy of the All Food Plan that I would be placed on. I did not even open my box!

At the third meeting (The Sales Pitch) I politely told them that I understood that the lites were completely OPTIONAL and I had decided NOT to use them.

I know I will not get my money back but I am learning how to eat for the rest of my life and the money that I saved on the Lites is way more than the $345 that I will not be getting back.

I use the Center for the food plan and Accountability and I use this site for support. The ladies on this site seem much more knowledgeble than the folks at my COD!!! You will love it here.
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Barb - Welcome and good luck. I totally think Holly's way is the right way, but I'm one that started with the LA Lite bars and I'm totally addicted to them. I have been doing the LAWL progress since July 1; I'm far from perfect on the program which is why I've only lost 18 lbs to date; when I am done with the lites I have purchased from the COD I will be switching to an all food plan as well. Basically, when you do all food you get more veggies and larger portions of protein. I have already "warned" my COD that I'm going to the all food plan and my reason is because of all the sugar and junk in the bars. They then tried to steer me to the Lite soups and hot choclate mixes because they have less sugar, and I said I just want to go with food. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the all food plan, but I'm going to try - that will be my New Year's resolution - to give up my lites!

Personally, I really like TO - it's easy to plan!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

welcome Barb.....I agree with the two responses above..I dont eat the bars since I do not like sweets...If buy them sometimes just i case I get stuck with no food and consider them a protein sometime. My hubbers like them/ I joined Sept. 1st and have 24.8 pounds so far. I have not been perfect..but pretty close...very committed...this is a great support group...nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #5  
One pound at a time...

to the forum!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote