Old 11-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone Do E-Diets???

Im seriously considering it (I need lots of structure andits very difficult for me to plan meals without help). I just really need to know that its worth a 3 month commitment.

Thanks!!

Mirth
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I've heard of that, but don't know anyone who has used it. You might try using the search function at 3FC and entering "e-diet" to see if you can find some threads on it.

Good luck!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I tried it when I first joined here.

I signed up and then realized that since I don't like meal plans...I can get all I need here on the 100 pound club, combined with fitday.

I canceled within days of joining.
I'd say, however...if you need structure and meal plans...they might just have something that will work very well for you

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:03 AM   #4  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I tried it for a few months. It was really good to get me started. It gives you some good ideas for substitutions, and meal ideas. It was great for me at the time, because I honestly didn't know how to eat a healthy well-balanced meal. After a few months I found I didn't need the made out meal plans and got sick of paying for them. So I quit, but I think it's a good starting point. Even now that I'm doing WW, I find that I use some of the info that I learned on e-diets.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

I used them for awhile but I wasn't very good at spending a lot of time designing my menu/shopping list/recipe list for the week and then I didn't stick to the choices I'd made so I eventually cancelled the site. You could tweak it between homemade stuff and pre-prepared stuff (like Lean Cuisine) but I was never able to get it really tuned the way I wanted it (something fast for breakfast, Lean cuisine for lunch and family dinner in the evening).

Check out spark people - it will let you set up a daily menu and swap it for other choices if you don't like the ones it suggests.
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I had a similar experience to Kim. They have a lot of diets to choose from, but I couldn't zero in on one that sounded good to me, as much as I tried to tweak it by entering what I liked and didn't like. I think the one thing that bugged me about their "too busy to cook" menus was that it was all frozen meals. I find that with minimal preparation, I can churn out some fast meals that are made up of fresh foods, rather than having to depend on processed foods.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote