Old 11-06-2006, 08:17 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Cluck...Nov 6-12/06

Morning

Restarting induction this morning. This is going to be a very hard week Mom is coming for a visit, her and I never stay on a diet when we are together We are off to see Trace Adkins on saturday, and I promised her a trip to a restaurant here called the "Chocolate Bar"........maybe she'll be on a diet too?? Then we can skip it until next time she visits! .........and dh told me if I go to rochester to see Trace, I had better come back with some dinosaur bbq, or he wont let me back in the house! Its only a block away from the arena where the concert will be.

Alright, well.....lets just deal with "today" and get thru it. Water jug needs to get filled, chicken breasts need to be taken out of the freezer, take my vitamins, get some exercise in. I'll deal with all that other stuff when and if it happens.

Have a great op day ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 11-06-2006 at 08:25 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Robin: Hopefully you're able to stay on induction Have fun w/your mom and the concert

Induction for me as well. Updated my sig and am REALLY disgusted. I'm pretty close to being where I was when I first started. And I wasn't well prepared for this morning as I hadn't gone to the store---so only 1 egg for breakfast. But I have plenty of veggies if I get the snack attack. Not going to worry about counting the carbs today--just going to work on getting rid of the junk in my system and getting water in. Going to get rid of soda. I've got a little bit of SF capucchino that I'm going to drink if I HAVE to (to help w/the headache). We'll see how that goes. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have waited until next Monday as this weekend if my anniversary--but then realized if I don't start NOW I might find excuses to wait each time I want to start. So today it is
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I've been on induction since Friday. a few close calls but so far so good. Saturday I had to go to Dunkin Donuts to pick someone up a coffee on the way to a soccer game. I figured I would just go through the drive thru, well, wouldn't ya know that line had 10 cars in it. SO inside I went, I literally broke out ina cold sweat trying to ward off temptation. I couldn't believe it. my mouth was watering as well! I tried to look everywhere except straight ahead at all those donuts. The line in there wasn't much better either and now I had do deal with looking them donuts right in the eye and oh the smell!! then the self pity started to creep into the situation. " why me, how come all these people in line an have a donut and I can't" NowI just wanted to turn around and wack the person behind me just to feel better. Well, long story short, I got out of there with just the coffee and no one got hurt! I felt like I really accomplished something after that one!
Have a good week everyone!!

PS Oh Brennndaaa! Where are you??? I don't see you on the new years challenge!! C'mon girl even if you just want to shoot for 5 pounds. It may really help you when you think about wanting to cheat. You'll remember that you have to be accountable to that thread!!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtolose4me2 View Post
Well, long story short, I got out of there with just the coffee and no one got hurt!
I know how you felt!! Great going....in not hurting anyone!! and getting out with just your coffee!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #5  
Going to ONEderland

Morning Girls.

Brenda good for you! You are back on track. I've been back since last Monday, but scale didn't budge again today. I'm at 254.5 down from 263 last Monday so I can't really complain, but no losses for several days in spite of being on track.

I'm not strictly doing induction. I've allowed some of the low carb goodies in there. Guess I have to stop that. Scale usually moves faster for me without them there.

As far as your anniversary. Maybe you could do a CAD day that day? one meal higher carb, but within an hour? I've never been sure CAD works, but it must work better than just feeling completely off plan all day.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone.

NTL, great job on passing up the donuts. I have had to face them lately too at my local convenience store (huge cinnamon rolls) and it was hard. I felt so pitiful. They seemed to be calling my name.
Brenda, hang in there and glad to see you back on program. I also have a bad headache right now. I guess it's from the junk I ate this weekend and I'm trying to get back with the program. I am going to have this whole week at 25 or fewer carbs to get myself in line. Also, vow to walk on treadmill 5 nights this week. I have allowed myself too many cheats lately. I feel like I had a cheat WEEK instead of a cheat MEAL. Yesterday , wasn't bad, but Friday and Saturday were horrible.
Robin, have fun at the concert. I'd love to see Trace Adkins.
Sherry, it looks like you are doing fantastic with the wt. loss. Great job.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new,except getting ready for my colonoscopy ,hoping tomorrows prep day will make that stupid scale go down.I wanted so badly to see my 148 lbs[weight I was before my 2004 cruise] I guess thats just a dream.Can't get that vacation weight off, no matter what I do.

What a day I trying to get some clothes together for our vacation in 3 weeks and I'm batting zero. Since it going to be cold I'm thinking about going away in a sweat suit with a short set underneith,and than taking off the sweats when arriving in San Diago. Than when I return home just do visa versa wear my short set etc. What do you think?????? Hubby doesn't think it s good idea

Robin.-Thanks for starting us up this week. and good luck on induction. I'm thinking of the something once I get out of the colonoscopy.Have to get this extra weight off.Have a great tome with your mom.

Brenda-When is your anniversary ours is Nov. 19th. I do feel for you,as my ticker is lying,but I'm not changing it until this Wed. my new W-I day.Please don't deprive yourself on your anniversary.You can sandwich the day with ex low carbing the day before & the day after but do celebrate it only come once at year.

NeedtoLose-Sorry that you had such a temptation at dunkin donuts.BUT BIG CONGRATS for turning away,you did great. I'm lucky sweets don't bother me like sodium snacks do.

SherryCongrats on your weight loss,that excellent.Wish I was the weight that my ticker is showing,but I'm afraid my ticker is lying.I like your idea you gave Brenda about the CAD,One day won't hurt,and she won't feel deprived.

Lily-Yikes!! I can't believe your had problems with carb this weekend. You seem so in control all the time.Happy your back on Program. I guess the best of us fall. Sending you good : for getting past the junk food.

Have a nice evening.
Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-06-2006 at 04:25 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Ok did OK today until I say the kiss bowl and had 7 I think but no more. then did good for breakfast and shake for lunch then had two teeth pulled one on each side of the lwoer jaw. If I start to drool I just took a vicodan and while I was waiting for the vicodan and script for the antibiotics I had a freind talk me into buying two bags of the new kisses one truffel filled dark choc and the other dark choc with strawberry filled. (CAN YOU GUESS WAAT TIME OF THE MONTH IT IS???) I did not eat them and that is going to be my temptation but I think I can hold strong!!!

WAY to go for NTL I had a fight with a potatoe chip rack one time with the carb monster hanging on my tail.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #9  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Hi Everyone. Don't get too mad, but I am taking a break from Atkins for at least 2 weeks. I have been craving fruit so I am giving in. I am going to do Beverly Hills Diet for at least this week in the hopes that I can enjoy the fruit and still lose.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, I don't know what happened to me. I think it was stress over the impending MIL visit. (which she never came). I cleaned house like a madwoman and had terrible stomach cramps. On Friday it was my DH's Birthday and I baked him a chocolate cake. (my favorite). I planned to have one piece. I ate 4 pieces and they weren't small. Once I tasted it, I couldn't stop. I wasn't even hungry. It was just there and tasty and I couldn't resist. I sent the leftovers to work with him to get it out of the house. There has only been a couple times in the last 16 months that I've done something this stupid. It made me SICK and I knew it would. On Saturday I did fine til dinner, then ate 2 sugar-free cookies. They weren't free of flour. By Sunday, I was so upset with myself. I was back on program Sunday with 22 carbs and a lot of walking and water. Today hasn't been a problem, I think the sugar cravings are gone. I had 17 carbs today. I have gained 2 lbs. and am trying to take them off. I felt like I'd gained at least 5. I'm purposely wearing my smallest pr. of jeans today, I deserve for them to feel tight. They are my favorites and I would have felt horrible if I couldn't button them. It's weird that anytime I have a gain, I put on my smallest clothes and make myself wear them. I wonder if anyone else does this.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:44 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

(I am doing this lecture more for me than you as I have fallen so many times the last one was to the tune of 20 lbs, and I did the same thing and got so angry with my self I just kept eating those fries)

Lilybel don't be so hard on your self. Just dust off and get back on plan. I know for one who has failed so many times that on and off you do need to shake things up a bit with a day of eating off plan, the trick is that this is a wol and that we will slip up every once in a while. if you keep on getting mad at your self then how would you feel if you back slid 10 lbs or had a really bad week and mindless ate every thing you could not normally have.

Now I am not saying cheating is good but some times ....

take driving one day you are in a hurry and all you can think of is getting there the kids are talking you just had a bad day at work and DH is being a jerk. so you drive 10 miles over the speed limit for say 30 min. are you going to drive 10 miles under the limit for the next 30 min?? NO you are just going to slow down and drive correctly.

You will dust off and get back OP. All the books say so, just have a few days of good controled carbs but do not be hard on your self.

Whew I do feel better! Thanks I needed that. I too was one so in control until I just lost it and was so frusterated I lost my control and gained 80 lbs all in all. and that was at the time I was called the queen of OPness. Exercising and eating OP. so do not do what I did to my self losing my self in the self flagelating.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

Sorry ladies, I'll try and do personals later. I just wanted to pop in and thank you all for you support (and kicks in the butt when needed). I did good last night. Not sure about the water intake--so I switched back to my regular glasses (I know I only have to drink 4 of those to get at least 64 oz). I did also drink a 1/2 a can of soda. My headache was nasty and so figured a 1/2 a can wouldn't be so bad. Ween myself off it I figure. I can't wait to see if the scale goes down on Satuday
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Sue, thanks for that, I needed it

Alright, well another day, another attempt at this woe.

I put my jeans on yesterday....first time in over 2weeks. I had to lay down to do them up I havent done that since high school!!! I havent a clue how I did that back then...and wore them like that all day to boot!! I havent gotten on the scale...Im just too disgusted with myself. When I dont have to lay down to do up my jeans, I might....but I know its high Maybe I should just get on it and get it over with. Because if I get on it later in a week or 2, its still going to be high.........oh why do we do this to ourselves!?!?! I refuse to buy another pair of jeans in a bigger size....I absolutely refuse!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

I got on the scale ........talk about motivation! sheesh!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Oh ladies, Doesn't anyone have any GOOD news???
I could really use it!
Sue - congrats avoiding the kisses! I know once I bought them it would be over for me.
Lillybelle, you speak the scarey truth!
I went off plan recently i think just to punish myself for not losing any weight the past 2 months. ANd I'll tell ya, I feel like I did before I started atkins. The bloated, fat feeling, not being able to resist temptations. One little slip up and I'm back to square one. And I'm having a hard time at that! It's true that you MUST look at this as a lifestyle change. so it's not that there is no cake today because you're "on Atkins" but there is no more cake period because you have chosen a better way of eating period. I dont' believe anymore for one second that we can say, just this once, or I deserve it, or I'm going to splurge today, or well, it's Thanksgiving. It's all just an excuse. WE CANNOT eat like we did in the past. not even for a minute because just like any other kind of addict, we fall right back into our old patterns. We need to find new ways to give ourselves a special treat or celebrate our holidays, or go out to eat, what ever the case may be. I don't think we can keep saying, it's ok just get up and start again. IT's so not ok. because it's so easy to wake up one day and find ourselves having to pull out those old fat clothes and we never even knew what hit us!
Anyway, I'll get off my soap box,I just want us all to do better. I would love to come on here and see more of us talking about how GOOD they're doing and how much closer to goal they are. That's why I was hoping the new years challenge would give us a good boost.
MsChris- let me know how you make out with that, I'm not familiar with it but would be interested to hear. Sometimes I wonder if my body has justbecome immune tothis way of eating and that's why I wasn't losing for 2 months. My last hope is that since I did go off plan for a bit that I can sort of shock myself back into induction and start losing again. I really had no problem staying op with atkins it wasn't until i had completely stopped losing for the longest time that I just got real down on myself.
well, one day at a time I guess!
I hope everyone is going out to vote today!!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote