Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #161

Here is Mima's post from today.

I have been tired all week from the clock change.
The concert was great-6 artists who sang songs they wrote-one was Richard Lee who sang Don't you make my brown eyes blue-he wrote that. Darren, my daughter's friend's bf, has not sold any of his songs yet but he has a beautiful voice. He has a place in Nahville and he travels back and forth. I will need a nap today-before or after church!
Hope you enjoyed your tme alone, Meme.
Bye for now, Mima Joanne, are you ok?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #2  

Good morning.

It is a cool morning here and foggy. Supposed to snow tonight, but it may come earlier by the looks of things.

Mima - sure hope you get to feeling better soon. When is it you are leaving for Florida? Glad you enjoyed the concert.

I am sorry, but I can't remember anything today. I read the other thread and it seems like this is a non-retaining day

I hope, Joanne, that you can see now, and are not feeling to ikky.

I am trying to get my house cleaned up this morning. I have been cooking a few meals ahead, and have Chili, Meatloaf done, a pot of soup simmering, and a roast in my slowcooker. Won't have to worry about meals for next week.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #3  

Mima, I think many are tired after the time change. I know our dog has been off schedule all week, which of course messes with my schedule. Sounds like a nice concert. Hope you were able to get a nap today!! We tried but the phone rang with political stuff a few times, then the doorbell rang, so we decided it wasn't meant to be. lol

Anne, that is so smart doing meals ahead. We used to do that all the time when we were working different shifts. We still use the crockpot quite a bit.

Tim sent a picture from the Ball State/Michigan football game yesterday. Patrick Stewart (Star Trek?) was a guest director for the Mich. band. Tim said they really had a great time there.

Long day tomorrow. School all day, then conferences after school until 8:00 , which they are never finished on time. I am so glad that I don't have to go on Tuesday!!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #4  

Default Hey There

Sorry to be off now and then. The glare from the monitor is difficult. I guess it is going to take time. I can see distance pretty good so I guess as the weeks go by it should be better..I read the posts but don't stay on very long.. Joanne
Old 11-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #5  

Joanne, it's wonderful to hear from you!! I'm sure it will take time to get adjusted. Take care.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #6  

Glad you are ok, Joanne. It will get better.
Well, Brad took the toilet out yesterday and replaced a ring but we still have a septic smell-ick!!! 20 people will be here Friday night so it needs to be gone!!!!
Went to a new place for lunch after church-Brad had the best quesadillas he ever had and I had the chicken, of course.
Do not like those long days, Tammy. Good thing you have Tues.off.
Gotta get ready to go away on Tues. And get the house cleaned. Girl across the street is coming to dust while I am gone.
Flu shots today and voying tomorrow. Bye for now Mima FL is the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we think.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #7  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Evening everyone. I am sorry I have been MIA a couple of days. Had a real stressful weekend. I hate to say this but I am sure glad it is Monday. Sunday's weigh in was good. I lost another 2 pounds. I am not getting the exercise I wanted to get in today. Hip is hurting thanks to good ole Art.

Wishing everyone well
Old 11-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #8  

Mima, what time should I be there on Friday? Are we invited to sleep over?? I love shrimp quesadillas at a place we go quite often. Yummy!!

Chris, good for you on the 2 pounds gone!! Remember, just one day at a time.

I am totally exhausted. I should have come home and gone straight to bed. I'm sure I won't be up much longer. Parents were supportive, and it was good to see many of them. I've had lots of these students before when they were in 2nd and/or 4th grade.

Hope everyone else is having a good day, and hope to hear from all of you!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:16 AM   #9  

Tammy, when I am out at night I have to unwind before I go to bed. Glad it's over.
Chris-super about 2 more pounds.
Now Meme is MIA!!!! Hope you are better, Joanne. I know Anne is busy but she's always so kind to start a sticky!
We got our flu shots and I whispered into the nurse's ear that Brad needed a pneumonia shot because he turned 65!!!
Well, am almost ready to go to Northampton. Have to vote and go to chiro before I go. And take a nap since I thought it was 5:20 when I got up but it was 4:20-no glasses on and then I spent some time looking for them-they were on the floor!
Bye for now. Mima
Old 11-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #10  
A matter of time

Thanks, Mima and Tammy.

Mima, have fun in NorthHampton. I got my flu shot a month ago at the old doctor's office. I wouldn't dream of going without it. The year there was such a shortage I didn't get it. I was so sick that winter.

Joanne, glad to hear you are doing better. My MIL had the same thing done to her eyes a couple of months ago. Now she doesn't need to wear her glasses for distance. She does still need reading glasses.

Tammy, hope you got some sleep

Today I have to go see the counselor. Fun fun. Hope everyone has a pain free day.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #11  

Meme!! Where are you??

Mima, funny about Brad and the shots. I hate to wake up before I need to!!

Chris, I've never had a flu shot. I slept through the night, and then I took a nap today. I know I won't be up late tonight. How was your counselor visit? Hope it went well.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #12  
A matter of time

Me and the counselor. Well I guess it went well. I have a major dislike of Christmas. I think it is over rated, too commericalized and most people show a phony spirit. Then of course there are all the religious things about Christmas that I don't believe in (sorry I know there are many of you who go to church on Sunday...so I will just leave it at that). Counselor is helping me find a way to get thru the holidays. As I have said before I would love to go to bed about mid October and wake up about the beginning of March. Shrink thinks it is the seasonal affective disorder. Counselor thinks it is my issues with the holidays. I think they both are right.

So as the holidays get closer, please don't be offended by my silence.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #13  

Chris, I was that way about religious stuff several years ago when my 5 year old cousin died of leukemia. It's amazing how my life has turned around, and it all started when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. My faith has brought much peace to my life and to others in my family. I hope you find some peace in your life.

Water aerobics was fun as usual. We sure laughed alot.
I went to the doctor after school and he scolded me because I hadn't come in sooner. I had this follow up appointment, and I didn't want to make another one for my ear and throat. Well, now I am on pretty strong antibiotics for a bad sinus infection. He was pleased that I had lost 11 pounds since my last visit. I was pleased too!!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #14  

Good morning-in theh lobby at the hotel, I am correcting tests from Virginia!!! from all over the state-Reading. Going home early today.
Tammy-yuk about the sinus infection. that's probably why you didn't feel well. where is meme???????/Hi Joanne-hope you are recovering.
Chris-peace is right, that's what you can have. And joy!!!
Byre for now Mima
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #15  

Good morning-in theh lobby at the hotel, I am correcting tests from Virginia!!! from all over the state-Reading. Going home early today.
Tammy-yuk about the sinus infection. that's probably why you didn't feel well. where is meme???????/Hi Joanne-hope you are recovering.
Chris-peace is right, that's what you can have. And joy!!!
Byre for now Mima
Closed Thread