Support Groups - Winning Losers Week 11/5 - EVERYONE'S WELCOME

lovethatsara
11-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Good Morning Ladies. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. For Everyone who is just looking but not posting, feel free to post. We are a warm group of ladies and would love to hear from you!

Yesterday I spent with my mom and my grandparents. My Nana kept complimenting on me on my weight loss. She says she can really see a difference because she hardly gets to see me but when she does she sees a difference.

Sugar-N-Spice
11-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Guys! :wave:

Hope everyone's had a great weekend, it's been sorta slow here hasn't it? My kids have kept me busy with sleepovers,etc. I am so glad to see them off to school tomorrow, what is it with all the jealousy over friends coming over! Sheesh!

Sara, thanks for starting our new thread for the week. I hope that you have been able to figure something out to your dilemma regarding calories,etc. Melissa gave you some incredible info to help you out.

Melody, I'm sorry the pictures were a disappointment to you, I certainly know how that feels. I have become the expert at hiding from the camera the last few years. Funny, when I was 80lbs lighter I couldn't wait to take pictures! lol I hope that you will find all the motivation you need by posting them around your house as a good reminder of where you are coming from. You asked about the "pee test"...lol....yep, it's for a job, nothing serious, I will be doing ad-set & merchandising for Kohls.

Melissa, hoping youre getting thru all that homework and remember your Thanksgiving goals all at the same time! You can meet that goal, I know you can!

Mia, hoping you get into the swing of things with your new job. Give yourself time to adjust and be kind to you! I am in TOTAL agreement that you should honor your hunger only. I am not a breakfast eater at all and I find that when I force myself to eat in the mornings, it creates nothing but cravings for the remainder of the day. Where as, if I'd just wait until I feel hungry, I feel as if I can control my food intake a whole lot better. I think it's to each his own...Your mileage may vary, that sorta thing....I don't think there is a wrong or right way to do anything in terms of weightloss as long as you do it safely.

So, I'm thinkin that maybe we don't need a new weekly thread anymore??? We have slowed waaayyy down the last few weeks, maybe we'd be better off doing a monthly one again until we pick up at least? Where is everyone!!!! Bonnie I hope you're hangin in there hon!!

Well guys, gotta go. Tryin to get everything done before the "big game" tonight. http://webgalaxe.com/sports/NFL/Colts/colts.jpg VS http://www.allsportsrugs.com/images/patriots.jpg

HATE the Patriots, Hate Tom Brady!!! :devil:

miafluker
11-05-2006, 08:31 PM
thanks for starting the thread dani
the new thread each month sounds good it is a bit slow but i still love it here anyways lets have a great week guys i went and bought some ovaltine so if i run short on time in the am i can boil an egg and drink ovaltine we will see

Hun.e.B
11-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Good Monday morning everyone. Well I completely blew it this weekend, I mean blew it ways I've not done in awhile!! I had this silly mentality again. I got the Dr. Oz book and my plan was to start that eating plan today so I lived it up. I feel like crap this morning, my allergies have just spun out of control all of a sudden even my face is all puffy. could that possibly be from eating like I did? I guess we'll see. I feel gross though!

I'm swamped with homework, I put off studying for an exam on wednesday and now that I've started I realize the enormous amount of material I need to study. Luckily there are no classes tomorrow and the kids have school so i can buckle down. Tomorrow is election day dont forget to vote!! I for one will be so glad when this election is over. I dont know about where you are but it has just been UGLY here. Everyday we get 3 or 4 flyers in the mail, the commercials and radio ads are out of control, both parties are calling here soliciting my vote, 3 times they knocked on my door this weekend. I'm just sick to death of it!

Time to hit the showers and start the day! Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!

lovethatsara
11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah I worked out that dilema, eating more fruits and veggies. I'm eating more calories. my inches are staying the same, but I keep gaining more weight. I know I need to throw out my scale. I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

Sugar-N-Spice
11-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Happy Monday! Getting a late start here today it seems, been running my arse everywhere all over town. Geesh, I tell ya, looking for clothes is really not my most favoritist thing to be doing at this size!! I need business casual clothes for an orientation meeting tonight and of course I don't have any...argh! I swear, the mirrors in the dressing rooms are the :devil: I hate having to try anything on, but without fail, if I don't, I end up right back at the store the next day because whatever I bought doesnt fit. Blah. ..So I did find something, I'm not wild about it, but it'll work. Thank goodness I don't need dressy stuff to actually work, or I'd go insane! LOL

Mel, so sorry to hear ya had a bad weekend. Oh well, I guess this is where you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep going??? I have yet to get the YOU book, getting it tomorrow.....which in itself is pretty funny as I have literally about 4 books that I'm reading all at once. lol Seeing the special on Discovery though definitely has my curiosity peaked so I'm determined to read this book. Sounds alittle too good to be true, but I guess I'll see when I read it.

Sara, yep, definitely need to throw the scale out. lol Easier said than done, I know! Hang in there, I think if you increase your calories and reduce some of your sodium, the weight will come flying off!!!

Mia, hope this week goes better for you at work!! Cute avi of the baby!

Anyhoo, not much from me today. I am wayyyyy tired due to the $#%^@*(~! neighbors alllll weekend! I swear, they really really need to get a life! I start work hopefully sometime this week so don't know how much I will be around, but I will try my hardest to keep it a daily thing, I need the support too much to abandon coming here regardless of how busy my schedule gets.

Have a great day guys!

Danielle

Hun.e.B
11-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Good evening everyone, thought I'd pop in before heading to bed, my head feels like its gonna explode...too much studying and i'm getting burnt out so I'm hitting the sheets early tonight and get back to it in the morning.

Sara...thats the best thing you can do, just take it one step at a time, one choice at a time and that'll carry you to success. We cant expect to be perfect right off the bat, we learn as we go and you are doing that. Just keep up the good work!! You'll win the battle!

Danielle...stranger! LOL!! Ugh...shopping, no thank you!! I hate it! Always have really even when I was smaller. I'm sorry the neighbors kept you up all night again, I guess the good thing about this job is that you wont be around to have to hear em. Jerks!! You better not disappear on us here!! Now is when we need each other the most!!

Mia...i've become really dependent on my slimfast shakes in the morning, I start out the day with good intentions of having some oatmeal and berries and I always run out of time and have to just grab a shake as we head out the door. Could be worse!

Alright, Bonnie where are you? Have a great night everyone I'll be back tomorrow to check on you!! I'm praying tomorrow is a better day, stress eating got me!

~melissa

CartersMama
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a great morning! I have been slacking on posting, sorry!! I am just going to be checking in from time to time right now. We are actually looking to move into a bigger place, and I have my surgery tomorrow, so I have a little bit going on. :D I was gone all weekend so no gym for me, and last night durring my "window" for the gym, we went to look at a place... oh it was so nice. I am going back again today to really look it over..wish me luck that we love love love it and are able to get it! I have a ton to do today as my parents are coming down to watch Carter tomorrow. I will talk to you ladies later on! :hug:

AlaskanMelody
11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Okay, the fun is over...I just want to be settled in a house again. I want all my stuff and I want room to work out! Enough complaining.

Yesterday's food was not great. My oldest son turned 12 on Sunday...he always gets me a present on his birthday...well, one present was chocolate covered cherries. They were really yummy....I finished them yesterday. ugh. Not good.

I did take a little walk though. Not nearly long enough - but something. Today I will take a longer one. No excuses not to.

Melissa - Hope the studies are going well today!

Danielle - Shopping....yuck. I had to buy something semi decent the other day...the choices were mightly slim. Just think how much fun it's going to be when we drop 50 pounds!

Sara - Hang in there....you'll have a noticable loss soon!

Have to run...Mom duty.

Hun.e.B
11-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Good Afternoon ladies!! I've had my nose buried in the books most of the day. Just finished preparing for my meeting tonight and about to head back to the books for a spell but thought I'd better check on you lovelies!! Todays been a weird day for me food wise. I did my grocery shopping after missing breakfast today. That finalizes it I'm sticking to slimfast for breakfast. If I plan on anything else I just end up forgetting. So come lunch I was STARVED! I didnt do so well, but not terrible on portions, I just could have made much better choices. Tonight is pizza, we are serving it during the meeting. Ah well. So thats me today! I been drinking alot of water though!

Stacia...just a busy busy girl arent you!! I hope that means you are staying out of trouble!! Dont be a stranger!!

Melody...excellent job on that walk, you are right, something is always better than nothing!! So way to go!!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

~melissa

southerndeb
11-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone, sorry about not being around. :dizzy:

Stacia, good luck on your surgery and your house hunting, hope all goes well!

Melody, it's so special that your son get's you a gift on his birthday. Chocolate covered cherries - yummy! doesn't walking cancel out chocolate?? :D

Melissa, I still grab a slimfast when I'm rushed. I think it's better than nothing. You are so busy I don't know how you do it all!!!

We are about to finish the renovations. I think I have been saying that since July. :rolleyes: My DD has a bad cough so we are going to the doctor in a minute to see was going on.

I have been doing pretty good on my program. I need to exercise!!! When, when, when.......

Hope everyone has a great day. Deb

Butterfly50
11-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Good morning I am still here not doing very well. But still here. Have been sick with a nasty cold here lately . Finally seems to be letting up. Have so many problems and and worry all the time makes dieting impossible right now. I will get back to you and fill you in later. Nut i have to run right now.

Hun.e.B
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! Goodness everyone is so busy lately. Tis the season I suppose. I'm popping in quickly as I have to write a paper before my group meets tonight, nothing like putting it off till the last minute right! LOL!!

Deb...I am so with you on that exercise...when when when!! I keep telling myself I'm gonna do it and then something more important always comes first. I think we just need to make that a priority. We do for everyone else its about time we do for ourselves!! Only this is a matter of life and death! I'm glad you are doing great!! Keep it up!!

Bonnie...there you are!! I thought we'd lost you! I'm so sorry to hear that you arent doing well. Life always throws a wrench in our best laid plans doesnt it. Dont forget that we are here for you, thats what support is all about. Dont be a stranger and feel better soon!!

Danielle...where'd ya go!?

I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day! I'm tired!! I got up too early today to study and its catching up with me now. Be good to yourselves!!

~melissa

CartersMama
11-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Good Morning (almost afternoon here :D ) ladies! I am back... I am eating veggies as I write this. yumo. My surgery was fast and I feel fine! I just wish I didnt have to wait 6 weeks to go to the gym. I asked about walking and he said I had to wait at least a week. I feel like I am in the 6 week wait again after my c-section! ha. I did get some bad news, and I am going to be with my friend tomorrow. They had to take her mom off of dialysis and just wait everything out. Its a long story but it is better this way for her mom, she will be able to rest in peace and not live in pain. I seem to be dealing with some crappy things right now. It sucks. I hate getting older and actually have to deal with this stuff. argh.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will talk to you all soon.

Hun.e.B
11-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Stacia...oh girl I'm so glad your surgury went well. And I hope you heal soon. Dont push yourself too soon, listen to that doctor they know what they are talking about (well most of the time anyway!) LOL! I'm so sorry to hear about your friends mother. I'm sorry for your friend as well, but like you said its for the best. Living in extreme pain is no way to live. I'm sure emotions and stress will be at an alltime high, just be good to yourself when you can, dont add unnecessary pressures. ((HUG))

I'm in refocus mode, 2 weeks till Turkey day and i'm nowhere close to my goal! I'd like to focus on some exercise! I'm going to start tonight. BL has really been an inspiration to me lately. Bob really got to me last night with his talk of quitting. I do that too much!

Okay I've gotta run to the school and deal with some things. Where is everyone!! Come out and check in please!!

~melissa

miafluker
11-09-2006, 09:46 PM
hey guys thanks dani the baby is getting really big well i have an appointment at a weight loss clinic on the 17th and im considering signing up for the bigger loser club? thats a maybe its just the show is so motivating.
how is everyone doing? we should be getting high speed soon so ill be checking in alot more as soon as we do. well guys i hope everyone is doing okay i still havent weighed dont plan to just yet i may start the tree challenge with you guys.

Hun.e.B
11-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Good Friday morning! Well i dont know how it happened. I was prepared for easily a 2 lb gain this morning but the scale showed me down .2...weird but I'll take it!! LOL!! Actually when I first stepped on it showed me at 233.2, I said "that cant be right" got on again and it was at 234.2...so I stepped on 10 or so more times at it stayed on 234.2 LOL!! Hey...no gain, i'll take it!! Now to kick it up and see what I can really do if I try to do it!

I dont have classes today so my goal is to go to the gym. I've got so much reading to do though, see me trying to make excuses!! Bad melissa! LOL!!

Have a fantastic Friday and a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Sugar-N-Spice
11-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi! :wave:

Sorry to go MIA like I did, it wasn't intentional. Starting work has really thrown my schedule off completely! I am so turned around with my days since I am working 10pm-6am, I have yet to get my bearings yet. :dizzy: One good thing about work, lots of bending, lifting, stretching & walking! Food has been so-so, can't really complain, I know I can do better though! I'm hoping that with working now, the movement will at least help to get me motivated to work out on my off time. I can really feel it in my hips and feet, soooooo out of shape!!!!

Gosh, it's really been quiet around here, I hope everyone's doing alright!! Mel, congrat's on your loss even though you weren't expecting it! Those are the best ones to have! Mia, good luck with the new challenge, it will be good for you!!!!

Alrighty guys, hate to be short, but I must get dinner rolling.....work again tonight, this time at 8 and need to feed the kiddies and prolly take a short cat nap. lol Be good ya'll!!

danielle

miafluker
11-11-2006, 12:40 PM
hi everyone how is it going? things are going okay do anyone have any feedback on the skillet sensations or the lean cusine skillets im trying to find something easy to cook at night
still havent weighed just yet i dont think i will until after thanksgiving

Altari
11-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi All! :wave:

I haven't been around in a while. I've really fallen off the bandwagon. No more exercise, crap foods...I need to stop! I'm working on more fruits and veggies and water right now. Start with the small stuff, right?

I bought a dress today. A goal dress. It's a size 12 little black dress. Very very nice. :) I'm waiting for the day I'll fit into it. I'm hoping by next June it will fit.

We've moved, and I keep fighting with my mother. I hate it. She was one of the only people I could get emotional support from, and now she won't talk to me about my problems. :no: I'm feeling so lonely...

miafluker
11-11-2006, 11:58 PM
aww Altari your mom will come around me and my mother actually get along better now that we dont live near each other. we all be kind of doing our own thing on this board but we are here for you.

AlaskanMelody
11-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Good Morning Ladies (well, morning for me...afternoon for you all). Sorry I haven't been much support. I probably shouldn't have joined in the group until we were settled and I could committ more. I don't feel like I'm being supportive or helpful. Geesh. But, it should all settle down by the end of next week and I can get serious. We've gotten a house (YOO HOO!!) and we'll be working on it all next week and should be in by the weekend. We're putting in all new flooring and there is some drywall and a window that has to be replaced in one bedroom and a couple other smaller things. SO....I won't have any more excuses very very soon! There is room to do TAEBO in the living room. And, we can definitely get outside and walk every day there too. We'll be in this beautiful little town (like population less than 500 in the winter) and there are three rivers to walk, surrounded by mountains, not to mention the bike/walking trail all the way out of town and the ice rink is within walking distance. See I will have NO excuses. I'm honestly very excited about all the possibilities. I'm ready to do something about this. One of my sons is getting very chunky too. So, the reality of seeing what I'm doing to him is bad. Very bad. A change has got to be made immediately. I wont let him go through what I did as a kid.

Melissa - WOO HOO! A loss is a loss!

Altari - I'm sorry you are feeling so alone. It's hard to make the transition sometimes. How far away did you move? I'm sure sha'll come around. My mom still tries to make me feel guilty all the time with little comments about the kids and stuff, but she knows it isn't going to change so she tries to be supportive. Bottom line, she wants me to be happy. I'm sure your mom wants the same...but it may take a little time for her to get over the hurt of your leaving. Sometimes we don't handle our emotions very well...:hug:

Danielle - How do you keep that work schedule and deal with kids all day? Well, I guess they would be in school most days and you could sleep - but still! Hang in there!

Well, mom duty calls. Have a great day Ladies and let's make wise choices!

Hun.e.B
11-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Good Monday morning Ladies! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Mine was eh...lots of homework and housework. Its never ending isnt it!! I'm looking forward to a little break next week. Speaking of next week its really crunch time for me if I'm gonna come even close to losing my Turkey day goal. I was supposed to get up this morning and do the elliptical for 30 minutes (my plan was to do 30 in the morn and 30 at night) but I just couldnt do it I was too tired!! So I'll have to go for an hour tonight. I'm going to make impecible food choices for the next 11 days too! I can do this!! My mother has now lost 48 lbs and is in a LOOSE 16....I need to get my rear in gear!!

Sorry I'm not doing personals today but I'm running late, I'll be back this afternoon to catch up on you all and see how great you are doing!!

Altari..I did have to say it is so great to see you posting!!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!! Be good to you!! Be strong!! We can do this!

~melissa

AlaskanMelody
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

TIME TO RISE AND SHINE!

DEEP BREATH IN***STOMACH IN***CHEST OUT***HEAD TALL***I WILL MAKE WISE CHOICES TODAY***I AM WORTH THE EFFORT THIS WILL REQUIRE***I WILL MAKE WISE CHOICES TODAY***I AM WORTH THE EFFORT THIS WILL REQUIRE***DEEP BREATH IN***BREATHE OUT.

Now go get some water and do something healthy movement.

Melissa - Your Mom has lost 48 pounds?! That's awesome! I try to encourage my mother to do something but she just wont. It's great that you are both taking charge of your bodies.

I am going to the floor right now and doing some leg lifts and sit ups before I lose my motivation.

Butterfly50
11-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Good Morning to everyone Sorry I havnt been around in a while . As you could say between being depressed and having sinus and allergy and cold problems I have been down in the dumps. This time of the year is soo hard for me. I am married to a scrooge and he can be a real pain in the butt. He hasnt been able to work lately or should I say he hasnt had much more to do lately so he takes it out on us. Iam worried that christmas will come and we wont have much for the kids and it is jest a big ball of wax for me here right now . I feel like I am alone and that makes me feel worst.
I guess most of this is my fault I am soo upset and depressed that I cannot get into the grove and stay their I dont know why . I am soo tired of being fat and not have nice clothes to wear. I was looking in the closet the other day and I have no pants to wear that isnt streatch pants that will fit me. I thn I am making myself be more insane as I think ablout it.
Any way I watched the Discovery Health channel the other day and seeing 700 pound people loosing weight and I cannt get it in gear myself. I guess one thing that makes me mad is that I have no one here and I get boared soo easy and I have no one around here to talk to . So what do I do I blow it and eat . I know that I have gained weight my knees are hurting me again and I can tell on the way my clothes fit . I am jest praying for a miracle but I know their is not one for me.
Well I better be getting stuff done here . My Hubby was mad becasue I didnt get his shirt washed yesturday. Well Got to go and will get back sooner next time.

Hun.e.B
11-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Bonnie...so good to see you posted this morning! I was really worried about you! I will be back later to catch up with you.

Ive got to run out the door to get my oldest to school...change in schedule today I hate those! But I had to tell you all how awesome I did yesterday!! I went to the gym instead of volunteering at my daughters school and worked out for 2 hours! I walked for an hour and did weights and stretching for an hour, then at night I did my elliptical for 30 minutes!! Yay!! Plus I made really good food choices all day long!! I'm very proud of keeping my committments to myself and plan to do it again today despite being a tidge sore!

Okay we are late and it snowed last night so I better get going! I'll be back though!! Have a wonderful morning everyone!!

~melissa

AlaskanMelody
11-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

EXCELLENT job Melissa! You Go Girl! You are giving me motivation!

Okay, I wont have room for my TAEBO or Turbo Jam for a couple more days, and the wind chill is like 20 below today so taking the kiddo's out for a walk is not happening, but I can do a bunch of leg lifts and crunches and stretches and stuff like that. It's better than nothing right. And, I can control my food choices. I will make the most of today.

Bonnie - Please hang in there. You are not alone. Do you have a friend you can call. Even a neigobor. Anybody you can just go talk to. It doesn't even have to be serious talk. Just get out of the house and talk to another person. I know some times the walls can seem to be closing in. Make yourself get out of the house and it may help to shift your attitude.

Danielle - I hope they're not working your fingers to the bone! How are your feet/legs holding out?

Have to run. Have a great day Ladies!

Sugar-N-Spice
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
[quote=AlaskanMelody;1471679]Danielle - I hope they're not working your fingers to the bone! How are your feet/legs holding out?

quote]

Hey there Sweets! No, work isn't too too bad, it's actually kinda fun in terms of getting to do stuff without the hassle of customers around. We yack all night and crack jokes, makes for lots of fun! And much to my husband's dismay I get along very well with the 2 guys on my team rather than the 2 other ladies! LOL Feet and legs are holding out ok, still a bit sore towards the end of the night, but getting better. Thanks for asking about me! Glad to hear things are settled for you sorta, and bravo for getting some exercise despite your situation!!!! You go girl!!!!!

Danielle

Hun.e.B
11-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Good evening all, I'm finally getting a moment to sit and catch up with whats going on. I'm skipping a parent meeting tonight..shame shame!! But i'm gearing up for 3 exams this week so i figure I'm warrented the absense. Today has been one of those days, didnt get to the gym because my littlest played hookie, I could go now but I'm sore so I think I'll just hit the ol elliptical this evening if i can finagle the tv from dh. Food has pretty much gone as planned all but dinner, I was gonna make chicken spaghetti but decided to just have leftovers instead. Like I said just one of those days.

Melody...how'd that indoor workout go? The book I'm reading "YOU on a diet" has a workout for just those times, a no excuse workout. Yet I always have an excuse!! LOL!! Its cold cold cold up there eh!!! BRR! Winter is upon us! Are you getting some sunlight still?

Bonnie..I'm so sorry things are going the way that they are for you, but like Melody said you are NOT alone. I know its only online but 3FC has an amazing outlet for you to find friends and talk through all these problems. There are many many online communities out there to help. It doesnt replace the real thing but it helps. Do you have any local community churches or groups that meet? Those are always great for meeting people and getting support for life. I hope things look up soon. I know its hard but try not to stress too much about Christmas, its not about the gifts (although children have a rough time accepting that) You dont need a miracle hun, you've got it in you to turn it all around, and I know you can do it. It doesnt have to happen overnight, it doesnt have to happen this week, The more good choices you make for you the closer and closer you get to eleviating the pain in your knees. Just taking a walk a day, cutting out 100 calories can get you there. It doesnt have to be all or nothing. I hope you let it out to us when you need, thats what support is all about, being there for each other. No matter what is going on in my day I always take the time to stop by so know that I'll be here. (((HUGS)))

Altari...I'm sorry things are rough with your mother right now, any chances maybe just a sit down and talk can work it out. The worst thing you can do is let it fester. I hope you both are back on each others sides really soon! How is everything else going?

Mia...hows it going? How's your challenge going?

Stacia...where'd ya go?

Alright I suppose I better either start studying or start sweating. HMMM...which will she choose!? Have a fantastic night everyone!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
11-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Good Morning! Well I did it...1 hour on the elliptical! and I studied too! See I can do it all LOL>>>>>NOT!!! Hopefully today goes as well, got alot on the slate. Full day of classes, fundraiser arrives today, study session tonight and 2 exams tomorrow...plus getting in my exercise. Whoever said life was boring! LOL!!

Have a great day everyone I'll check on you later!

~melissa

AlaskanMelody
11-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Melissa - I get tired just reading your posts! Keep up the great work!

Hun.e.B
11-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Well another friday another meeting with the scale...this time down 1 lb...I'll take it. I was hoping for more but with the exercise, AF is lurking and we had pizza last night I'd say down 1 lb is GREAT!!

Where is everyone?

miafluker
11-17-2006, 03:32 PM
hey guys we finally have high speed now i can communicate with my support team more often mel was it you that did an hr on the ellipt? :carrot: :carrot:
i read somewhere that to pedal backwards on the ellipt gives you a better workout and work your buns.how is everyone else? well honestly i havent accomplished anything i havent had any motivation or will power i could blame it on work but that would be a cop-out anyway i have to go to the dr.tomorrow they should be able to tell me wether or not i have a thyroid problem but im at work so ill check back later

Hun.e.B
11-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Wow 2 days and no posts. This is not a good sign for a support group.

Mia...yes it was me who does the elliptical for an hour, I cant do it backwards it throws my balance off, perhaps when I'm a bit smaller LOL!

I've had my typical weekend so far, eating bad and not working out. Drinking my water though so at least I've got 2 out of three. I'm all ready to start cooking for turkey day!! I've gotta hold myself back though and wait till Tuesday. We are trying a couple of new dishes I'm really looking forward to. A couple of them are even healthy...cranberry/huckleberry sauce and toasted chickpeas. Cant wait!!

Have a wonderful sunday! Comeout comeout whereever you are, dont leave us all hangin!

~melissa

miafluker
11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
hey mel sounds good my inlaws are frying a turkey :?: i never had that before but it cant be too healthy oh well i guess ill have to watch my portion size
it is quiet in here probably because of the holidays that is when we need hte most support

miafluker
11-20-2006, 08:23 AM
good morning everyone! getting ready to do a workout before work hope everyone has a good day

Hun.e.B
11-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Mia...we've done the fried turkey before, its REALLY good, the meat turns out really juicy and tender. I'm not really sure how much more fat it adds, like you said it cant be good. But its just the one day! Enjoy just watch the portions, and be very very careful with that fryer!! How'd that workout go!!!

I had my usual weekend...made bad choices, the good news is portions really werent that bad at all. On to bigger and better things today!

the PTA is making dinner for the teachers tonight because its parent teacher conferences so i'll be busy again today. I made my soup last night but I've gotta get all the table cloths, napkins, bowls, bread, dessert...you know all that stuff! And then get set up! Plus classes!

Have a lovely day! Mia and I sure would like you to keep us company!

~melissa

miafluker
11-21-2006, 11:32 PM
hi everyone i did better with my eating today and i worked out this morning as far as my water i need to work on it. How is everyone? Mel where are you

Hun.e.B
11-22-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm here Mia!!! I'm so proud of you today!! Way to go sweetz!!! And you worked out too!!! You rock girl!! Keep up that amazing work!!!

I've not done so well the past few days! But I'm determined and I'm not gonna give up and thats what matters most right!!!

You are doing GREAT Mia!!! Keep it up!!

~melissa

miafluker
11-22-2006, 09:18 AM
thanks mel, im the queen of having bad days but we just need to take each day one at a time and everyday is a new day, it took some adjusting to the new job and everything but i think im back on track well we will see after thanksgiving
have a great day

Sugar-N-Spice
11-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Hello Hello! As I come in draggin my big behind.... what a crazy coupla weeks! It's good to finally get a chance to post here even though it looks like a ghost town around here. I hope everyone is just super busy with all the holiday hubbub and all!

It's been busy busy busy for me without me wanting it to. Dragging my heels and it's taking me anyways! LOL Seriously, working in the middle of the night has really kicked my arse upside down & sideways! It feels like now all I ever do is work & sleep. I like my work okay, I love the people I work with though. Work is just tedious and very physical, can't tell you how many foot soaks I've had to have in the last couple weeks because my feet are just screaming by the end of my shifts! And that's with the comfiest tennies I can find! The one good thing about it all, I've dropped a few pounds without even trying, so that's the plus of it all. This past week leading up to Black Friday was ****! Working on the dock and in freight is no cuppa tea, I am SO glad that it's not my normal job I do daily! I was so sore in parts I never knew I had! LOL Yep, getting those workouts in even when I didnt want them! :) I worked Black Friday from 4am til 1 in the afternoon....what a madhouse I tell ya!!! It was nice to work a "normal shift and actually be there when it was light outside. LOL However, I came home yesterday and literally crashed until noon today! No kidding!! But enough already, I didn't come here to whine, just to let ya'll know that I really didn't intentionally abandon you all, even though that's probably what ya'll think. I've just been burning the candle at both ends big time!

Melissa, congrat's on your 1 pound. Remember, a pound is a pound and all that!!! Good job! Sounds like school is hectic but great! I hope your new turkey day dishes came out yummy!!!

Mia, I hope that you are doing well on your exercise still! Good girl for getting it done! Did you guys do a fried turkey this year? Dh & I talked about it, but decided it was beyond way too messy. LOL Altho', it woulda been a good way to aggravate our neighbors upstairs. heehee

Alright, well, since there really isn't anyone else for me to post to, I'll end here. Hopefully some others will jump in here and the thread will maybe pick up. I will really try and make it here, now that the intial big push for the xmas shopping has started and I'm more used to things, I can have some normalcy in my life.

Talk Soon!

Danielle

CartersMama
11-27-2006, 11:48 AM
HI!!!!!!!!!! I am here!! Well, I have lost some more pounds, I am not sure how, but I did! I am going to be heading back to the gym this week. I cant wait any longer. I got the results back from my surgery and I guess they got everything they needed so I dont have to have it done again...unless it comes back for some reason. So as of now I am precancerous cell free. :carrot:

Some other news, my friends mom that I have mentioned on here passed away 2 weeks ago, so I have been out of town helping my friend out. She meant so much to so many people and was a great woman. And I know I will miss her dearly.

My MIL came down on monday and was supposed to leave on thursday.. um she decided to move here. wth? She just decided and shes not sure what she is going to do here. ak. And on top of that my parents just got a place in the next town over! I am moving out of state!! :dizzy: that is me right now.

I hope everyone is doing okay!!! I miss you ladies!

Hun.e.B
11-27-2006, 11:35 PM
OMG! Someone posted! LOL!! Mia and I actually moved over and joined another group, we got lonely!

Stacia...I'm so glad to hear the surgury was successful and not cancer! Sounds like you've been very busy. My MIL moved here awhile ago and i've not killed her yet but MAN is it tempting!! Way to go on the losses!! You are doing GREAT!! Goal is so close!!! Enjoy that gym!

Danielle...stranger! I miss you! Way to go on the loss!! I hope you get some time to visit soon! Its been way too long regardless of everything else going on! Get some rest woman! Cant give what you dont have!

Anyone else gonna pop up?

miafluker
11-28-2006, 12:15 AM
hi everyone! i missed you Dani we did the fried turkey it was great but i was sick so i didnt eat much i guess thats a good thing cartersmoma congrats on your weight loss thats great news well i better go to bed have to get up early in the am

CartersMama
11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
*yawn* I am up way too early today. It is 6:30am and I am ready to go back to bed. Someone has a clock alarm in the garage below us and a few doors down, and thanks to my super human (as dh calls them) ears, I couldnt sleep. It has been going on since 7pm. argh.

Has anyone tried the Weight Control oatmeal? I tried it... and well.. I was wondering if it was just me that thinks it tastes nasty? The super fake suger taste. I have it to eat today, but I dont know if I can do it. Maybe I will eat an apple.

Hun.e.B
11-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Good Morning! LOL Stacia I had the weight control oatmeal for breakfast, I love it. I had the cinnamon flavor and I add a handful of huckleberries to it so maybe thats why I dont taste the "diety" taste, plus I add a smidge of skim milk.

Have a fantastic day!! I'm late as usual!!

~melissa

miafluker
11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
thats one of my biggest problem i hate oatmeal i dont care for yogurt too much but i know eat Activia breakfast is one of my weak points

Hun.e.B
11-29-2006, 10:14 AM
How is that activa working for you? My mother tried it for a week and said she didnt notice a difference at all, but then again I seem to remember the commercial saying to try it for like 2 weeks. I generally do the slimfast shake for breakfast, its a no brainer for me. But on these cold mornings I love my oatmeal! I think its just the huckleberries I love really! LOL!!

~melissa

miafluker
11-29-2006, 10:12 PM
its okay not the best i think ill pay smoothie king a visit to see if they have the smoothie mix for sale or i may go with atkins advantage that was petty good but then again i have carnation instant breakfast and it tastes really good hot

Hun.e.B
11-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Mia did you see oprah yesterday? They had Dr. Oz on again and he showed how to make an all star breakfast I think he called it. I'm sure the recipe is on Oprah's site if you missed it. Basically it was fruit and ice and protein powder, psyllium husks and flax seed I think. Then oprah said she did one with LF yogurt, peaches, banana, ice orange juice and protein powder.

I like the Slimfast shakes but they have a ton of sugar in em so I'm trying to steer away from them lately, they are just so darn easy to grab and run out.

~melissa

Butterfly50
12-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello Ladies well I am sorry I was MIA for so long I have been so busy. Mostly my son has taken over the internet. He was in school until one of the teachers decided to write him up on a daily bases and then they said that he couldnt go their any more so we ended up signing him out now he has to go to the GED program.
Boy only two weeks till christmas I have to get motivated again after that and get to loosing weight . I am back up to 277 This week I have to start making all the christmas goodies and all the kids takes a box to all their teachers and then I give everyone in the family a box it is cheaper then buying everyone a presant.Well I hope to keep checking in more often. Hey Melissa I bought the book that DR OZ written. Havnt gotten very far in it thought. Well I better be going . will check back soon.