Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #219

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #219

Jane
11-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :)

jules1216
11-05-2006, 09:40 AM
I hate being the first poster...

Just a quick hi to all. I have to get to the grocery store since I didn't make it on Friday. DS and his gf are coming today and I have to finish putting away the rest of the things dd dropped off. DH is raking leaves and cutting wood--which means I will be stacking later. I am still a little sore, bit nowhere near as bad as I thought that I'd be.

Sassy_Chick
11-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Hey all. :wave:

Well lastnight work had pizza brought in since they were doing upgrades to our phone system and everything. I was dumb and ate 2 and 1/2 peices. :( I paid for it later though, didn't set well with me. That will learn me to eat too much of the wrong thing! lol.

Loving the new car. :) We are going to take it to get washed, since we get free lifetime car washes and then we'll take a pic. ;)

This weather is absolutely crazy! :dizzy: One day its cold and the next its almost 60! Weird. No wonder everyone is sick........lol

Okay off to individuals.......

:welcome: to our thread, Melody! :wave: :congrat: on the weightloss! :woohoo: I hear ya on genetics and environment, my family is the same way. I'm not on BP meds or anything yet, but I am a diabetic so I do want to change that. I'm working with my dr. to not only lower my blood sugars, but also to lose weight. He is awesome, he even looks like Matthew Broderrick! lol.

Anyways.....I wish you well and you have joined a great group here! These ladies are AWESOME! :cheer:

Hi Jane! I honestly don't think I am cordinated enough to use the gazelle! lol. Your in Southern Indiana, right? Yeah that may be a bit of a drive. Not sure exactly how far away you are from me. lol. I was thinking about getting one of those total gym thingys that Chuck Norris Sells????? Anybody here have one of those or know anybody who has one?????? Yeah I think I'm doing good on portion control, well except for lastnight. :o But I paid for it........:barf: I also have noticed my appetite decreasing! :woohoo: Your pizza sounds A LOT better than what I had for sure! ;)

Hi Michelle, YW......:hug: and yes I do love my car. :love: I did notice that there are a lot of them around........Oh boy do I know what you mean about going through your mom's things. Where as it wasn't my mom, it was my step dad's things, it was very difficult so I understand.......:hug: All I can say is do it with your sister and loved ones and just remember her and cherish her memory, as I'm sure you do every single day. :hug: I know there are no words to comfort you at this time, but just know we are all thinking of you and yours everyday. :grouphug:

Cristina.......I will take a pic of our new car as soon as we take it to get it washed. :) I have been thinking about joining WW's for a while now, just never have..........Not sure if I would like the meetings.........
Funny you need stuff to have your nails to stop growing, I need something to get my nails to grow! lol. I've been a nail biter since I was 3 yrs old! lol......
Speaking of Hallmark, did you see the penguins??? I want those!!!!!!!

Hi Jules!!!!!! Enjoy your time with your DS and his gf. Don't over do it with stacking the wood, but I bet it sure it good exercise! ;)

Hello to everyone else out there in lurkdomville! :wave:

:hug:

jules1216
11-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Sassy--when we were driving around in the big Ford truck my dd looks at me and said why is you never notice how many of vehicle you are driving there on the road until you get one--or park at Walmart......there are alot of big trucks in WV!!

Dh and I were thinking of the total gym or the Bow Flex too. He doesn't want to go to the gym--he hates being around alot of people. Check out the does it work thread and the one on exercise--i think there are comments about the total gym posted on one of those....my concern was DH's height and he's only 6'2' I remember your DH is 6'7', only an inch taller than my brother.

Jane
11-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi ladies,

Julie - I've helped Neal stack wood, and a person can get a real good workout doing that. Maybe you'll have time for a good soak in the tub later to help ease those sore muscles.

Sassy - I haven't had any pizza, but I did have some whole wheat pasta. I think that's what you meant. The weather here is weird, too. Well, typical fall weather, I suppose. Cool/cold in the mornings and then it warms up. We have more rain coming - sheesh! Enough, already. :dizzy:

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

I was so good at the restaurant. :yes: I ate exactly what I said I would - a salad with chopped veggies and some chicken on it. They had no baked chicken, so Neal gave me the meat-only part of a fried chicken breast. I had none of the skin. Everyone else was having steaks, potatoes with sour cream, carrot cake, etc. I had some not-so-fresh fruit for dessert. So the entire meal was a real NSV for me.

We're going to be re-doing Katie's empty room. Her bedspread and curtains were so vibrant that we had painted the walls beige. Now I'm going to do them a maroon color, partway up, then add some border at chair rail height. I found some border with birdhouses on it, and it will blend in well with the other colors in our home with maroons, blues, and greens. The treadmill and a craft table and tv are going in there. And maybe an easy chair with a side table.

Toodles!

Marti
11-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Good Evening Ladies....

Having a good day today. Just hanging out w/Jhanai. I haven't done my walk yet today but will get one in before bed.

I weighed in this morning and lost 2lbs. A total of 5 since I started walking!:carrot: Amazing! The weight hasn't cooperated w/me like this in SOOOOO long. It may be coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off!

Sassy--James & I used to have the Total Gym 1000. It was so heavy and hard for me to adjust that I stopped using it. James used it for awhile then we finally decided to sell it. We just didn't have the room to keep it up all the time. (This was in our last house) It's a great workout equipment though. I think you'll like it.

Jules--Stacking wood is great exercise! I hate doing it, but the arms sure benefit from it!!:D I agree w/Jane....soak in a tub later once you're done. Do a little pampering.

Jane--I really need to clean up this room (the extra room where computer and scrapbook stuff is) Its so disorganized that it's not really a comfy place. I would like to get rid of stuff in here......now to just talk James into it!

Well I'm dying Jhanai's today: Medium Auburn color, like a maroony color.:dizzy:

Ok...gotta get going.
Take Care Everyone.

suetalks
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi to everyone...I am too pooped to do much posting tonight. Just a quickie. We did yard work today which meant lots of leaves. I used the blower for so long that my arms and wrists got sore. Has to be a good muscle toner...:)
We didn't have trees at the old house, so this was new for me.

Taking Mom to the heart Dr. tomorrow and then to Wally World. AND I am starting my NO SWEETS week. Trying one thing at a time. LOL.

DH and I did take a nice walk yesterday and with the work today I had quite a lot of moving this week-end. Hope I can keep it up all week.

See you all on the flip side..........Off to slumberland here.

Michelle
11-05-2006, 11:56 PM
SASSY...Your car sounds so nice, and that's great that you get lifetime car washes!;) Our weather has been very crazy too. Last week it had been so cold, even down in the 20s one night, a little warmer during the days, and now it hasn't stopped raining all weekend, very windy and warmer.:dizzy: Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. It was hard going through all of my mom's things yesterday, but we got everything done except for three boxes with all of her mail stuff. This morning when I got up, I cleaned off all of the china, and I arranged everything in the curiel cabinet from her and also added a few pieces to the china hutch that she gave us a few years ago. It still just seems so unreal that she's gone, even with going through her things, and I still think she will be calling me during the day like she always did. All I can say is one day at a time, and my faith, family and friends.:hug:

Marti
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Sue--I really need to get to my front yard and rake my leaves to the side of the road. There is a leaf pick up the next few weeks and if I don't get to it........it'll be a mess all winter! Raking is good arm exercise. Sheesh....seems like I have to turn every chore into "it's good exercise" for me to do it!

Michelle--My heart goes out to you during this time. :hug: Going through your moms things must be tough. I'm happy to hear that you have things from her to keep her memories alive. Our weather is bizarre today......it's uncannily (is that even a word??) warm out and the sky is dark! A rain storm is brewing somewhere.

Hello and good morning to the rest of you girls.

Had to get up early this morning to go get the oil changed in my car. Its nice that I only had to get it done here in town rather than drive half an hour someplace. Nothing like getting up early and hurrying to get ready!

Not a lot going on this morning so I think I'll take advantage and pick up the house a bit before I need to get to work.

Take Care and chat w/you all later!

FrouFrou
11-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Hello ladies...

MARTI...I think I found your two pounds! Actually, I was up one last week and up one this week. :( Gotta get back to my walking. Glad you are doing well with yours! :woohoo: on the five pounds! :carrot:

MICHELLE...hugs to you. :hug: :hug:

SASSY...can't wait to see your car!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

The weather is here weird also. Was a little chilly over the weekend, supposed to get up to 67 today and then 74 tomorrow and 70 something the day after. I just wish it would either stay chilly or warm...make up it's mind. Anyway, nothing much going on. Went to It Figures this morning and did my work out...man I was draggin'. But I did do the whole 30 mn. work out. Think I'll go tomorrow and work on the elliptical. I am really wanting to get one of those. Also, got in a mile walk and since the weather is going to be so nice tomorrow I am planning a 3 mile walk tomorrow at the park! That's about all I have. Have some laundry to do...chat with ya's later :wave:

Jane
11-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Just a quick note to say I'm helping Mary with some things including the kids, so I won't have a lot of computer time for a little while. I'll be back when I can.

Take care, ladies. :hug:

Oops.... almost forgot.... Marti and Norma, you should've gotten my scrapbook pages last week, Friday or Saturday at the latest. :shrug: Tiffany should be getting hers any day now.

Sassy_Chick
11-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Jules -- You are so right about that one! As soon as we started seriously looking at the Altima, we started seeing them everywhere. lol.

Yeah I don't like crowds either and I think I would work out more if I had something right here to work out on. Also since we work nights, then we could work out whenever we wanted as well. ;) My DH is 6'8" so yeah I never thought about the height thing. Thanks for the tip!

Jane -- I read your post wrong. lol. I thought you said pizza. lol. Pizza, pasta, they sorta look alike! lol. Yeah now its like 57 outside! Very weird weather indeed! lol. It was warm this morning after we got off of work too.

Good Job on sticking to your plan when at the restaurant! :woohoo: Sounds like your room your redoing will be very cute!

Marti -- WTG on the weightloss! :cheer2: I need to get out there and start walking myself or at least do my WATP DVD more regularly. ;)

Thanks for the tip on the total gym, if its heavy and hard to move, I'm not sure if we'll want it, but we'll look into it. I just want something that we can do here at home regularly and so we don't have to go out to a gym. Plus it will save $$ in the long run!

Hi sue! Yardwork is always a great workout! When we lived with my in-laws we helped out with yardwork a lot and boy what a work out! :D :goodluck: on your no sweets week! I'm desperately trying my best, but its very hard!!!! So far I haven't had any "sweets" but I have had some regular pop. :(

Michelle -- thanks yeah we love the car and lifetime of car washes is great and the dealership is right across the st from our work so it will be easy to bring it in, they also have free shuttle service as well. ;) I remember after my step dad died it was very unreal at first, you still think they are just going to walk through the door or call on the phone..........and your right, one day at a time. :hug:

Cristina -- Thanks. We will try to get it in to get washed then we'll take a pic, that is if the weather coroporates! lol. WTG on your workout! :carrot: Wow a 3 mile walk? Wow. I had a hard enough time walking the 1.7 miles!

I hope you all are having a Great Evening! I am because I am OFF! :woohoo:

MelodyAM75
11-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi everyone. I am new here and just want to wish you all a good week. I am a Weight Watcher member and this is my 8th week. I was down 1 lb. yesterday at my weigh in, which is a total of 17.5 so far. I am going to work harder this week and write down everything with hopes that I can lose 2-3 this next week. I am working to lose weight for my health and because I want to start trying for another baby next year. I have a son who is almost 5 and I want one more baby so he will have a sibling and because I miss those baby days.

Here's a quote we talked about at Weight Watchers last night that I really liked: Succeding in Planning is planning to succeed! This is so true!

Marti
11-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Woke up to a down pour! The last two days have been very warm, up to 73 last night. It felt like summer nights. And now it's pouring! Knew there had to be a rain storm coming.

Cristi--The eliptical kicks my butt! Such great workouts on those things. I would have loved to have gotten one of those instead of the treadmill, but James wanted to run. So we got the treadmill. Loving it better than the gazelle!:)

Jane--Give Mary and the girls a hug for me! I did get your pages!! I just forgot to let you know! So sorry! I got mine started (finally) Just need to work on it this weekend. I don't have a date of when I'll mail them.........just getting them started took time!

Sassy--Did you post a photo of your car somewhere and I missed it?? What kind did you get? What color is it? Questions questions questions. I loved getting our car. I still feel as though it brand new even though it's 2yrs old now! Congrats on getting a new one.

Melody--Good wishes to you too! Fantastic on losing 17.5 lbs so far!! That is just great. And here I've lost a total of 5lbs....but it's taken me 4wks to do it!:dizzy: Glad to have you here and we're all looking forward to getting to know you more.

Maria--Hope you found us!!

Hello to all the other gals. I need to wake up more. I'm exhausted! Coffee.....here I come.

Have a great morning everyone.

riacoul
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Jane... I found you! Thanks so much for your help.

suetalks
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Hello...Ugly, wet day here today. I did get out to vote but need to get out to walk if it EVER clears up.

Welcome to Maria and Melody..Glad to see you both and get to know you.

I will be back later.

riacoul
11-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks Sue. It's not yet raining here, but they say it will be. My feet are cold. I'll be voting later too.

Michelle
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi Ladies -- Just a quick note, because I've been so busy with getting everything of my mom's put away, and getting family member's things mailed off also. I mailed some of my mom's things to her family too. Our weather is horrible here! We have had extreme rain and high winds, and now there is flooding all over the state today, very sad. My DH took our voting ballots into the elections office today. I hope all of you have a nice day. WELCOME TO THE NEW LADIES!!!:hug:

jules1216
11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Just a quick pop in to say welcome to the newbies and hi to everyone!! Really tired, but things are good!!

suetalks
11-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Back again...Got DH to walk with me again today. So Sat., Mon. and today we did a 45 min. walk and Sun. the leaves. I am already feeling good to be back walking. Now let's just hope I can get back to eating properly. So far so good!!

We close on the house Thurs. and what a relief that will be. I did the last of the vacuuming and just going over it good today. Kind of sad, but still a relief!

I think we have decided to go West the first week of Dec. So, Thanksgiving here in the new house this year. Mom got the okay from her heart doc to leave and he didn't need to see her until April. Now if her other doc will comply....

Jules- Glad all is well. Hope your DD is settling in her new place and that she smooths over the difficulties with her roomies. Always a sticky situation. But one I am sure she can weather.

Michelle- I am so glad you are doing better and getting a few things taken care of. I know you will treasure the things you have of your Mom's. I am hearing about all of the flooding..how terrible. Be safe!

Jane- I hope Mary is doing okay...and I know she is very thankful to have you there to help. Hurry back to JL's.

Marti- You are getting the rain too? We have had such a wet few weeks here. Now it is supposed to be warm for the next 3 days. *fingers crossed.* I am wanting to get outdoors more. Great job on the loss!

Sassy- Love to see a pic of the car also. Sounds lovely. The "no sweets" thing is HARD. I had a fat free pudding earlier...so it was sweets...but not like a candy bar is sweets. :) I am just so tired of saying I am going to lose...and then failing. Sure makes a person feel bad. BUT never fear, I am going to just try to get healthy, regardless of the weightloss. (or not)

Cristina- Did you get your walk in at the park today? We walked right here around our little circle. I don't really know how far...just that it has been 45 minutes each time. DH walks slower than I want to...or than my walking pal in the other neighborhood walked. So I am trying to get used to that..hate to walk alone. I just need to push him into another 15 minutes. He said he thought we walked 1 1/2 miles today, so another 15 minutes would get us up to the 2 miles I was used to. Of course, if he would walk faster...... LOL. Oh well, bless his heart for walking with me.

Maria- My feet are always cold. I got some nice new warm slippers...but need some new socks. I would really like to look fashionable and wear pretty shoes...but with my cold feet I just wear heavy socks and loafers. I actually have Raynaud's which causes cold hands and feet. Ugh!

Melody- Stop back by and talk to us!

Tomorrow, going to shop for some new luggage and a few other things. Take Mom to the hairdresser and maybe out to lunch.

Night all!

riacoul
11-08-2006, 10:03 AM
HELP!!! I came into work today to find bags and boxes of muffins and bagels!!! I am so tempted to have one, and justify it as "it's only one", but I know if I do, it will blow my whole plan and sabotage my progress!!! They're talking to me from the other room!

suetalks
11-08-2006, 02:39 PM
STEP AWAY FROM THE BAGELS AND MUFFINS! DO NOT MAKE ME COME OVER THERE! JUST SAY NO!

I hope that helps Maria.

suetalks
11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I might have been a tad bit late with my hollering. If I was and you already ate a bit...pick yourself up and get back on with the program. We all slide at times...this is coming from the world's biggest slider. Trust me!

*BBL*

riacoul
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi Sue... thanks so much!!! I did just have a muffin, but added it to my FitDay so I won't pretend that I didn't have it. But, I'm right back on track, gotta be! Thanks again.

Michelle
11-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi Ladies -- Glad to see everyone is doing good today.;) Still just hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. I so wish that I could get myself refocused and back on track again, but it's just not in me yet. I've pretty much just been maintaining my weight. I hope all of you are having a nice day.:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
11-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey All,

Been rainy and yucky here.......So no pics of the car, yet.......Hopefully this weekend, as I think its supposed to be nice. Figures when I have to go back to work. :rolleyes:

:welcome: I see we have a newbie or two? This is a great bunch of gals if I do say so myself. :)

Hey Cristina & Michelle, I got your cards today! Thank You! :D

I was feeling under the weather so I took some of my pills that my dr gave me for nausea, well they totally knock me out. So I slept from 11 p.m. lastnight until 4:30 AM this morning, then stayed awake until 2 p.m. and then I lyed down until 7 p.m. :dizzy: But I feel better now. I think I had a fever even because I started sweating like mad! (Sounds lovely I know!) lol.

So now I'm doing my bed linens and we flipped our new mattress. Man that thing is HEAVY!!!!!!! But we managed! *muscle woman here!* lollllll

Well gotta go now.

You all behave yourselves! ;)

Michelle
11-08-2006, 09:18 PM
SASSY...You're welcome, glad you received it!;) Also, so glad you're feeling better now. There is so much garbage going around right now, and since my DH has been sick twice with the flu and once now with a bad cold in the past three weeks, I sure hope I don't get it. My older DD just called me and she sounds so horrible with her cold, and she said she's on her way home from work to go straight to bed.:(

CRISTINA...THANK YOU for the pretty card!;) You are such a sweetheart and you cheered me up today. I hope you're doing good since you've been missing here.:( :hug:

riacoul
11-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Okay ladies... I've been trying to figure out what some of these initials mean. DD, DH, etc. Can someone tell me what they all mean? Thanks!

suetalks
11-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Better weather today and I got another walk...yay! Didn't do too bad on the food either.
Mom and I went shopping and she got her hair done. I found luggage, but after I got it home I thought about it...I think I can find something I like better. My old luggage is so darn big I can't handle it alone when it is full. Anyway...nothing exciting about that shopping trip. LOL!
We didn't do lunch out. I came home and had a turkey, lettuce wrap instead. Trying to be good.
Big day tomorrow as we close on the house. Then may have to have a celebration.

Going right now to look at airlines and plan our trek West.

Have a good Thurs. everyone.

Michelle
11-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Maria -- I had the same question when I first started here.:o

DD -- dear daughter
DH -- dear husband, or darn or anything else lol!
DS -- dear son

Sue -- You're doing so good staying on plan! That will be so good to get the closing done on your house. Atleast you're having better weather. Ours has still been very rainy through today, but the winds have died down.

riacoul
11-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Ahhhhh, thank you so much!

Michelle
11-08-2006, 09:57 PM
;) You are so very welcome!!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
11-09-2006, 03:44 AM
Just an FYI (For your Information)

Miss Marti has a sticky that may be of some assistance to some of us who don't know what the acronyms are or just need a brush up. (DD, DH, etc, etc) I figured since Maria was asking that I would just post it.........;)

Thanks Miss Marti for making a sticky! :love:

Here it is:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36374

riacoul
11-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Good morning ladies! Well, I really screwed up by eating that muffin yesterday as i gained 2 pounds back. But that's okay. Today, and even last night for dinner, I'm back on track. That's the important part for me, and the hardest part as well. As soon as I eat one morsel of something I shouldn't, I want more. Last night after my son went to bed, I got that "what can I have" thought in my head and had to keep myself from grabbing anything more than a few almonds.

I think what keeps me going is the great feeling I get when I feel better and look better.

Have a great day ladies!!!

Marti
11-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!

We've been having the awful rain pouring down like mad lately! Hate driving at night in it. We don't have any of the flooding like I've been hearing about though. Did have a power outage the other day......from Springfield all the way down to my little town. Thats about 25miles worth of outage! Crazy I tell ya.

Sue--Did you get your new luggage?? Can't believe it's that time of year for you and the family to go to West! Are you wishing you were having Christmas in your new home though? You're house is just beautiful by the way!! Love it.

Maria--Work is a great place to have tempting foods! Especially when it gets closer to the holidays!! Next week I have a meeting in my department and food is always provided. Next month we have a meeting w/a client who plans on buying us all lunch. In between all that, we have the bakers who love to bake for the holidays and share w/everyone! :dizzy: So far, I avoided all the Halloween candy......lets see how I do as the months go on!

Michelle--I really like the avatar you have up! Love your smile. Did you hear that Friday they expect another rain storm? I don't know if you're near where all the flooding is happening......I hope you don't get flooded in your area! I'm wondering if it'll be anything like it was the last time we had major floodings in Oregon?

Sassy--Sorry you've been under the weather lately. Glad to hear that you're feeling much better. Good thing that you got lots of sleep. If you had a fever, sleeping is the best way to not feel so miserable! Keeping good thoughts that you feel even better today!

Cristi--I got your pages yesterday!! Plus all the other mail that I haven't checked in the last week! (The darn box is at the end of my driveway....you'd think I'd check it everyday!) Your pages are great! I need to work on my more this weekend and hopefully I'll get them mailed before Thanksgiving. Thanks for sending them!!

Hello to everyone else that I have missed. Hope you're not having bad weather and if you are...hope you're indoor safe and sound!

I better get myself ready for work. You all have a great Thursday!

riacoul
11-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for such a nice email Marti. I know that it is so hard around the holidays, so I'll have to be extra strong. I just have a tendency to do really well for about a week or so, then fall flat on my face. I'm tired of that up and down thing.

Gotta get back to work... bye!

Jane
11-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Just a quick pop in,

Cristi - thank you so much for the beautiful pages! And the journaling you did in the other thread is so helpful. Your kids are great, and so are you, V, and Ernie dog.

Hello to everyone else!

I lost 3 pounds on my first week with Dr. Oz. :cp: The thing is, I don't get hungry. The foods he has me eating include more protein than I had before, and also only complex carbs, which take longer to digest. I have to admit that I miss the taste of some of my favorite foods that I can no longer have, but I sure don't miss the way they made me feel.

Toodles for now, and I'll try to get back this weekend to do individuals. :hug:

suetalks
11-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Jane- I am going to have to get that book by Dr. Oz. It sounds like a good one. Hope things are going okay at your house and with Mary. :)

Marti- I got luggage and now plan to take it back. Funny...I never used to be so indecisive. We will be in LV for Christmas I think. Either place we can't have the whole family there, so the holidays are not as much fun as years past. So...I guess we will take the warmer of the two places. LOL

Well..ladies...we have 1 less house as of today. Whew, is it a relief. Even though it is quite sad to see a house of 28 years go, a house where our only child together was born. Life does go on. The couple who bought it were so excited today and it was neat to see how much they love the house. Makes it easier..you know?
I didn't walk today, but ate OP. Actually, I probably didn't eat as much as I should have. Stomach ache. Ugh!
Hopefully tomorrow will be grocery day and also laundry day. I am behind!

jules1216
11-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies....hear that....that's the sound of me not having to do for anyone else today.... I am coloring my hair this morning(Feria midnight ruby), it really needs to be cut. DD's extra stuff...breakable knick knacks, candles, pictures, extra dresser & clothes (boy that girl has ALOT of clothes) and other misc stuff that we wanted in a more climate controlled place than the storage unit she rented here has got that old empty nesting thing has working again. I took a big bunch of old magazines to work where they can be recycled, I have more and DH is even (gasp!) going through some of his huge amount of car magazines though I would bet money that they don't go anywhere. I have some books and such to donate to a local charity that has a huge book sale twice a year and some other odds and ends. All this stuff is getting to me--definitely downsizing again....
DS's gf wants a crockpot for Christmas and I found a PINK one in the JC Penney catalog..she'll love it--he will hate it and I am wondering if I should get the pink toaster for her too. I thought I would add a "Fix It and Forget It" cookbook. DS wants one or two hoodies, he is down to just one--doesn't know what happenned to the rest??? He is actually easier for me to buy for than DD who is extremely picky. Part of hers is always easy--it a Mom & Daughter thing--we get massages and pedicures--we do it twice a year on her b-day and for Christmas.

well back to organizing and getting another load ready for Goodwill.

jules1216
11-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Sue--glad all went well with the closing--it's nice to have found a couple to love the old place as much as you did.

Jane-WTG on the pounds lost--DH and I watched a program with Dr OZ about improper diet and lack of exercise can actually age your body and changing those things in you life can reverse it. It was really interesting.

Marti--my little area at the workplace is having a brunch to decorate our booths in November and then the Christmas things start--there is our little one, the division one and the company wide one plus several family bdays. Lots of temptations. Cookies are definitely my weakness.

Riacoul--welcome! I fluctuate up and down a few pounds--always have. One think that helps curb my cravings is water though I have to get better at getting enough drank throughout the day. I do feel better when I drink more.

Michelle--It's nice to hear the smiling of your voice in your posts...

Sassy--hope you are feeling better...

Cristina--miss you...hope everything is okay!!

riacoul
11-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks Jules. I do try to get enough fluids/water too. It's hard sometimes. I love your avatar.

jules1216
11-10-2006, 10:07 AM
I love yours too, fall colors and a good dog--perfect...

Michelle
11-10-2006, 11:36 AM
:wave: LADIES...Yesterday DH and I took DD to a college visitation, and we definitely got in tons of walking, but it felt good!:^: The college is about 45 minutes away from our home, but she would live on campus, and we could pick her up on weekends and holidays, if she wanted to. I will definitely miss her, but I said atleast this way, she would be living there, but we would still see her more than if she went off somewhere far away, and she'll still be getting her independence. Hope all of you have a wonderful Friday!!!;) :hug:

MARTI...I think we're definitely getting our storm back today!:( They said we could be getting wind gusts up to 45 mph and 100% chance of rain all day.:mad: I'm so ready for some nice sunshine again!:p

JULES...Thank you for the kind words.:hug: Atleast today is a day for you!;)

Marti
11-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Morning Gals...

Waking up Reeaaallly tired!:tired: Wish I could go back to bed! I stayed up way to late I guess. Nothing like a shower and a cup of coffee won't fix right?

Maria--Holidays can be hard to be good when it comes to dieting. I have decided this year that I'm not going to ban all the good stuff. I would just set myself up for failure and binge later on. I figured, a sweet treat every now and then is ok, as long as I'm not losing control. So far, I'm doing ok!

Jane--I'm totally going to check out the book. 3lbs is fantastic!! Hurry back and chat w/us!

Sue--Does your whole family go to LV when you go? Or just you and DH? How exciting for the couple who bought your house. I bet they're thinking that it's a perfect place to create memories w/their family!!

Jules--I have a co-worker who loves pink! Most of her kitchen appliances (small things) are pink. Last year she was looking at pink coffee makers and coffee bean grinders! As for weeknesses.....I was trying to think the other day, what it is that I would over indulge on if I had a table sitting in front of me filled w/tasty treats. What is my trigger? I don't really know!! Carby foods or sweets! Maybe both! No wonder I have a weight issue!:dizzy:

Michelle--It was down right freezing here last night! I hope it's nothing like a freezing rain storm! Right now for us, it's not raining at all. In fact the roads are pretty dry. Scary!!! If we do have the storm they keep talking about....stay safe! I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Well as tired as I am this morning, I'm going to skip my morning walk and just wait until after work. I know it would help me but I at least I'll be walking tonight.

Watched FlightPlan w/my DH last night. Has anyone seen that? It was a good movie. And we had watched Firewall the other night. Liked them both. We recently got NetFlix and started checking out movies we've been wanting to see.

Ok....I better get a shower in and a cup of coffee! :coffee: Have a great FRIDAY!!

Hugs to all.:hug:

Katiecat
11-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Just a quick hello, ladies...

Haven't been on much lately, same old story -- my arm is sore, I'm down, still at a plateau, nothing new. I did pick up the Dr. Oz book, and I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. Really good info, makes sense -- and the eating plan seems very similar to the WW Core plan.

Welcome to the new ladies :wave: This is a wonderful, supportive :grouphug: , chatty :blah: group, so if that's your style, you're in the right place :D

Noah didn't have school today, so he is here early this weekend. If he gets some of his homework done, I told him I'd take him to the mall and out to lunch.

Talk to you soon,
Mary Kate

Sassy_Chick
11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi Ya Ladies! :wave:

Just stopping by before heading out to work. Working 12 hrs tonight, worked 12 hrs lastnight too. :D Overtime is great, but it sure wears you out! lol.

It is very warm here, 74 degrees!!!!!!!!!! And I have to go into work!:tantrum: LOLLLLLLLL.

Aw well. that is how life is sometimes. I do feel better, amazingly enough. I'm tired of feeling crappy that is for sure! lol. I think it has a lot to do with this crazy weather! lollllll.

Well have a Great Day!

FrouFrou
11-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Hello Ladies...

Sorry I've been MIA...this has been a very busy week for me to say the least. I did try to get on the other day but the electricity went out for a couple of seconds, long enough to throw me offline. It was late so I just thought I would try when I had more time to post.

Been doing good with the exercise and walking. I didn't get that 3 mile walk in at the park so did a 2 mile walk on the treadmill and have gone to It Figures M, W and today. Almost didn't go today because yesterday I shoveled about 6 loads of pea gravel in a wheelbarrow and man, what a workout! Going to try and go tomorrow also. We are going to go to the Veterans Day parade in Wichita and not sure when it is or when we have to leave. Charlotte started a new schedule on Sat at IF and is only open from 9-10:30 because hardly anyone goes. Anyway...

A big :welcome: to MELODY and MARIA! Looking forward to getting to know you ladies.

SUE...I would have been sad too but then I think the longest I've ever been in one place is 5 years, if that. Isn't that terrible? I'm hoping to beat that record one day, lol. Already almost time to head to the west coast, eh? Wow, this year has gone by too fast.

MARTI...I've seen both those movies and liked them both too. We tried Netflix for about a week, not sure why we canceled it. Maybe because we go the movies a lot, :duno: YW for the pages and can't wait to see yours!

SASSY...yeppers, you are right, working a lot of OT does take a toll. DH has been working 12-16 hour days, poor guy. Glad you are feeling better and YW for the card.

JANE...hoping Mary is doing well. Glad you got the pages. And...:woohoo: on the 3 pounds! :carrot: Glad the book/program is working for you.

MICHELLE...that's great news about DD! Jason goes about 15 mns. away which I am glad. Hope you are having a good day.

JULES...wooo, that color sounds pretty! I too need a hair cut. I was thinking about going short but living here in KS with this wind it is better to have it long enough to pull back. I love all the colored appliances in Penney's catalog. The pink is so cute! You're doing what I need to do...downsize. Been meaning to have a yard sale forever and now I think it is too late...too cold.

MARY KATE...I wasn't sure if today was a holiday for everyone or not. Some of the schools are out, some not. The banks and such are open so I guess they are taking tomorrow off. I've not read the paper yet, so don't know what's going on, lol. Hoping you are doing well and not having too much pain.

Well, I went and did a little bit of shopping this morning. Finished up the shopping for the troops so they will have a little bit of a Christmas. Bough some nerf footballs, 4 board games, 3 DVD's, 2 basketballs & the hoops that just hang over a door...can't remember what else. Working on the stocking this weekend, probably Sunday because Vince and I have to finish that pile of pea gravel tomorrow after the parade. I've got everything for them though except the t-shirts...knew it was too good to be true. We finally found the shirts and cheap but so far have received a pkg of meds. and 1 not in a pkg. They are back ordered...just hope they get here before Christmas is over. So those will be sent once we get them with the socks. I'm mailing the stockings about Dec. 2 I think. But this morning I sent Christmas trees, lights, tinsel, decorations, bows, wreaths, Christmas cards for them to send to their loved ones if they wish, and a little bit of candy. Josh isn't really into decorating for Christmas but I thought he could put it up int their tv room, whatever they call. Took 40 boxes of Christmas cards to the radio station yesterday for the troops. Vince was talking with a woman yesterday that he didn't think was working there anymore and her GD is a teacher and wondered if her 3rd grade class could make Christmas cards for Josh's unit to send over there. I thought that was awesome and I know they will love it! Anyway, my week has been a little crazy busy.

Hoping all is well with you and yours in your corner of the world. :hug:

Michelle
11-10-2006, 05:01 PM
MARTI...It is very cold here too! I've had the heat on today, because I'm just freezing, my hands are like ice.:o

MARY KATE...I'm sorry that you're still having troubles with your arm. I went through that with my last job, and it's horrible when you're in pain and the arm and hand don't want to cooperate with your work load.:(

SASSY...You're have perfect weather, I'll trade you any day!;) Don't work too hard today.:hug:

CRISTINA...You really did get a good workout in with the pea gravel, and you've been so good with all of your workouts!;) You know, my uncle and his family, and now my grandma (my mom's mom) is visiting him, but they live in Wichita, Kansas. Too bad I wasn't visiting there and I could meet up with you!;) :hug:

Sassy_Chick
11-11-2006, 04:47 AM
Morning Ladies. Well another night down, 2 more to go! lol. At least we don't have to be there early tonight! We can sleep in a little! It is still 63 degrees here! Amazing weather for this time of year! I am beat though, heading off to bed!

Nightie Night.

Michelle
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
:wave: LADIES...Well the news said last night that we're supposed to be getting another big storm coming in, and they said that it will be the worst one yet that we've ever had. This weather is really getting old, and it's really doing damage on some people's homes and property. It's also been very cold here.:(

Marti
11-11-2006, 03:02 PM
We've reached 50 so let's head on over to #220.

See you there!