South Beach Diet - Hello Everyone

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

realitycheckSBD
11-04-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this or not, but, here it goes :)

I'm 39 years old, a mom to two great kids and wife to a great guy. I have been fat for most of my life. I've dieted in the past, getting down to a reasonable weight, but have always gained every pound back and then some. I made a promise to myself last year that by the time I turned 40 I was going to be healthy and at a reasonable weight... and do it by changing my eating habits for life.

I am in my second week of SBD Phase I. I've lost an unbelievable 16 lbs, 13 in the first week. I'm not so sure this is OK, or normal, but I feel like it's OK, because I'm eating so much better than I had been. I'm not starving myself, and I've followed the plan almost to the letter.

Even though I have the SBD book, the food guide and the quick and easy cookbook, I have many questions and think this will be a great place to talk with others about SBD.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

RC

Ruthxxx
11-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Jump right in! Big :woo: on the weightloss. That's really good for Phase I! Feel free to post any questions on the Phase I threads or in the daily chat or even as a separate thread. We're all in this together.
:welcome:

JanaM
11-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Welcome realitycheck :wel3fc: (love the handle!). Great job on the 1st week! Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Christian
11-04-2006, 03:48 PM
:welcome: RC, That is an amazing way to start on the beach :bravo:
I hope to get to know you better :D

Island Girl
11-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Welcome! Wow, that is an amazing loss. Hurray for you:carrot:
I don't get on the forum often but I will tell you that you have come to the right place. The SB book is good but this group rocks! I tried before "following the book" and failed but the second time I found this group and it has made all the difference for me. Hang in there. You will meet your goal!

shawnee
11-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Welcome! Very, very wise choice to commit yourself to losing weight before you become much older. I'm 52 and it is harder each year. There is a commercial on TV that says you start having little health probs. not one at a time but several at a time - I believe this to be true! And they can happen overnight. Best to get that weight down before you find a (valid sometimes) excuse not to kick it in and mean business ( such as stiffness of joints, shortness of breath, arthritis, tendonitis, diabetes, etc.) I am getting pretty stiff in the feet and catch myself walking like a great-aunt I vowed I'd never do! :dizzy:
Just hang in there and when wieght starts coming off a little slower don't get upset (like me!); just say "1 lb. or 2 a week is better than gaining". I have a problem with getting stuck and aggravated. But I think I've learned my lesson; even if I get stuck it's better than gaining; my motto NOW is NO GOING BACK. I'm determined to stay in this for the long haul.

realitycheckSBD
11-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome !! :hug:

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Started phase II this morning. My final weight loss total after 2 weeks on Phase I was 22 lbs.

I'm tempted to stay on Phase I because I love seeing the scale jump from week to week, but I know myself well enough to know that I should move on to phase II. Craving fruit!

rainydaygirl
11-07-2006, 01:54 AM
:cb: Congratulations, RC! What a fantastic loss!! You must be proud of yourself. And you're out of the 200s!!! :cheer: That is one of my small term goals. Hitting 199... it was a great feeling when I did it before and I am looking forward to it again! You're a great inspiration! Well done!

realitycheckSBD
11-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Thanks Kris !

Phase I was such a big change in my eating. Add to that exercise, more water and more sleep, and I think my body just responded. My mind hasn't yet though LoL. I keep expecting to step on the scale and see a gain... because I'm eating a lot more food now than I was... only it's good for me. I was such a carb addict. Chips, cookies, cake, bread.... on and on. I ate it all the time, whenever I felt like it and it shows.

This is my first time on SBD, and I love it. I think I can really do this. I think Phase I was necessary to wean me from the crap. Just going to keep rolling with it, day by day.

RC
;)

Schatzi
11-08-2006, 06:03 AM
:welcome3: Realitychick! That loss has to be some sort of record :cp: You can move to what we call "phase 1.5", thats where you add small amounts of phase 2 items..add some berries or an apple each day if you miss your fruit...and come share your day with us on the Daily thread!