Old 11-04-2006, 04:29 AM   #1  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

Default I found you!

SO since I joined the community, I was searching for all you calorie counters! Now a month later, after all the rumaging through other threads...SusanB mentions a calorie counter section and I am dumbstruck!
My head hasn't been screwed on properly (figuratively speaking)
I'm home, yay..finally!!!

Alrighty I will just give brief introduction, basically I'm doing 1500 calories a day. However I don't think that's the proper amount I should be taking. I remember someone posted a link to a site which tallies up the amount of calories your body needs in a day, for your specific weight, age and height. I'm having a difficult time finding it, as it seems like a good site, also providing nutrional info along with your calorie estimate.

I apologise for asking, I'm sure MANY people ask the same thing, but does anyone know a good calorie counting site? (not as in FitDay , more like counting how many calories you necessarily need). Again, I apologise if anyone has repeatedly asked this.

EDIT: I just found out that I posted here once before, not knowing which section I was in. Gosh I've been dancing on the clouds too long!
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

You sure did! Welcome aboard! Many of us post on the calorie counters keeping it simple thread on a daily basis. Join us! I just saw the answers to your questions on one of the other threads. I cannot remember exactly which one, but I am sure someone will be along soon to help you out.
webweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh Louise, you should have just asked. I would have posted a link. We love new calorie counters!

I have something you can try if you like fiddling with the computer. If you put everything you ate yesterday (or any typical day) into fitday and see how many calories it was ... then you can mess around with it until it is a healthy less.
I can't tell you how much I've learned about all the nutrients in food by using fitday ... even if it is a little rough to start out with.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #4  
dum dee dum

webweevil - Thanks, I will check it out! LOL I think I've posted enough problems already . Now I just tell myself, "Stop whining, start counting!" Thanks for your concern though

Susan - I know! I could have asked you (not like it's hard to find you, seeing you on every board ). But it just didn't come to mind *sigh*...this head of mine isn't working properly!
Oh interesting, I never really thought about that. It would probably encourage me to use Fitday more. Unlike before, I kept tugging my hair trying to find specific types of food and its calorie measurements. Put me right off online counting!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Louise-- The calculators can be helpful for general ideas, but if you track your food, you will start to know what works for you. For instance, I'm eating around 1800 calories/day and losing 1 pound/week or so right now. Without having to do a lot of math, I can tell I have a calorie deficit!

I guess what I'm saying is if you want to know how much to eat to lose weight, one way to do it is to eat and see what you lose! 1500 may be fine for you! Only your body knows!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:59 AM   #6  
dum dee dum

wyllenn - I'm very glad I found this forum, those ideas never popped into my head once, not once! That makes it much better for me, as I'm no fan of math . And it is a good week to experiment, slumped at 177lbs for over a month, so putting plan into action
Old 11-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #7  

Oh I get around, you bet! I love 3fc (in case you hadn't noticed).

Did you go play in fitday?
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #8  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Here is a page with the formula to figure out how many calories you need....

http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsm...lcalintake.htm

Last edited by isthatreallyme; 11-05-2006 at 08:24 AM. Reason: helps if i paste the link
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:32 AM   #9  
dum dee dum

Thank you for the link!

I only messed around for 10 minutes lol, wondering whether I should just type out the nutritional facts myself since it takes too long to search for particular food (not sure if that's how many of you do it).
Old 11-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #10  

I have alot of foods in my custom list. It's sooo handy to have them in there forever (where I can find them) Start up is the worst. It takes me no time at all lately.
Another tip is that plain food is much easier to find ... one apple, one hunk of chicken breast, one cup of oats ... coincidence? I think not!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
wyllenn - I'm very glad I found this forum, those ideas never popped into my head once, not once! That makes it much better for me, as I'm no fan of math . And it is a good week to experiment, slumped at 177lbs for over a month, so putting plan into action
Well, we all learn a lot here!!

Just track your food, track your weight, and see what happens over time. If you can commit yourself to sticking with this process, you can figure out what works FOR YOU!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #12  
dum dee dum

I was wondering what the custom list was for. Probably have to give an entire day sorting everything . I'll look into the plain food, maybe work something out from there.
Thanks for the helpful info Susan