Weight Loss Support - Almost there.....

View Full Version : Almost there.....

Chatterbox1982
11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I am so excited.. I only have 16lbs left to go til my christmas goal and 26lbs til my end goal. While i am happy that my goal is in site i worry on another thing. I know after having kids and the whole strech mark thing that i wont have the same body but i worry taht i will have a saggy belly you know the skin on it. cause even if you exercise and do sit ups and such you just tighten the muscles under the skin which i can feel now but the skin already kinda just is there. im afraid that even after i hit goal ill have to save money to have that removed. is this something i should seriously be worried about or do you think that it will not be enough to worry about. anyone else with this problem. i dont mind the extra bit of belly or whatever i just dont want the ever hanging skin you know what i mean and im so sorry this is not a plesant post reallly. Im sure we all worry about this or soemthing like it. I know it will just be a matter of wait til i hit goal and see how things are but i just wonder if as i lose if this will also get better at least some. i have many strech marks on my belly mainly from pregnancy i had a huge belly. I do want to say i have no problem with the strech marks they dont bother me at all i would rather the marks then give up my boys. its not the look of the marks it the result of the loose skin. i just wonder if after all this work if i can wear a swimsuit comfortably next summer or if i will be worried about a saggy belly skin. know what i mean. any one got any helpful words or just something to make me feel beter for now at least. thank you for reading.
have a great day
misty

lilybelle
11-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Misty, of course everyone is different, but I weighed 234 to start with and although I have a little loose skin on belly, it doesn't hang. It looks just fine in a 1 piece swimsuit. It didn't turn out near as bad as I feared that it would. I have had 2 children and am 46 yrs. old, so my skin isn't as stretchy as the younger gals, but I am overall pleased with the end results. Congratulations on being so close to your goals. WTG.

start8
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I think it's individual. I don't have any skin issues but I don't smoke, I'm relatively young, never been pregnant, and I lost it slowly. It's been over 15 months and I'm still not at goal.

sh3l5
11-04-2006, 04:54 AM
My goalis 14lbs off, that is my ultimate goal, would leave me at 140lbs. I am aiming for this by christmas, but I dont know whether it is possible or not now with just 7 weeks to go. I have been considering starting swimming for an hour three nights a week as I feel this might give my body the boost and change in exercise for me to be able to loose 2lbs a weeks until then. My birthday is 6th december and I wanted to be 147lbs by then (thats 7lbs loss in about four weeks). I am so determined, what do you guys do to get that 2lbs loss each week?