Old 11-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #1  
LAWL since October, 2006

Thumbs down Apparently not a candidate for TO

I am apparently not a candidate for the TO. I am rather skeptical about that considering that my doctor totally ok'd me for the program (and the staff at my COD don't seem too reliable) I have had cardiac symptoms in my past (completely resolved now) and that is what they are basing their decision on. I have a hard time believing the that TO could be nearly as bad for me as my old ways of eating.... any advice??
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Don't sweat it and enjoy the fact that you don't have to suffer! (LOL) You've lost 10lbs in four weeks. You're doing great!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #3  
One pound at a time...

The same situation happened to me. According to their blood pressure machine, I was too high (I never had high blood pressure) so they would not let me do it. Low and behold a week later, I was normal. You are having a steady loss so I would not worry about. I did try TO, I was not too thrilled with it (juice mucho $$$, and I am not able to find Knudsen's morning blend in Canada).
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #4  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

They always told me I was not OK for TO .. then i kept asking and they finally said it was Ok..
I did it and now I don't really like how it changed my body.
I was never hungry before TO was always satisfied on the program. Now i am hungry alllll day long. It is horrible! I hate it! I wish I never did TO. don't sweat that you can't do it.. I don't think it is worth it in my opinion.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #5  

I have done TO several times and took a month off to concentrate on a fitness program I was doing; went back yesterday to get the juice; last time they told me to come in and just handed it to me -- this time, I had to sit down, talk with the lady, took blood pressure and she told me that if my BP was too high, they couldnt give it to me ..

Scarey how different people can by -- but I think if they are concerend -- there is a reason. Good luck with the plan; my first TO in January I lost 9lbs in one weekl - I can only be so lucky!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #6  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

If you are losing good, then I wouldn't even worry about doing the TO. After the initial fast forward, I didn't to TO for almost 5 months. The only time I really do it now is when I can't curb the carb cravings or I went off plan pretty bad and can't get back on track.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #7  
LAWL since October, 2006

Thank you for your words of wisdom. I think I may wait to try the TO, for a time when I am struggling a little more. I have found it frustrating that almost every time I am in the COD, a different girl asks why I haven't done a TO yet... and I tell them that I would like to but have been denied so far, they just say ohhhhhhhh. I am heading down to Washington next week, so I will pick up a couple of Knudsen's for just in case.
Candiflip, your experience makes me a little more cautious about trying the TO. Have they given you any explanations as to why that might have happened? I have found it frustrating in my COD so far. Looking back so far, I can see I'm doing pretty good. (10lbs in 4 weeks) but I often feel as though Im not doing well enough by their standards. When I hit my first 10lbs (on my Birthday, to boot!) I exclaimed "yay! my first 10 lbs" and the girl has a blank look on her face and says "oh good." Thats it, no smile, no nutin'. Not even my name on the 10lb accomplishment board. Oh well.
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #8  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

No I never told them.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote