100 lb. Club - November NSVs

View Full Version : November NSVs

Sheila53
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Whew! November already! If you're new, an NSV is a non-scale victory. Post 'em here, and keep 'em coming. I'm always inspired by the victories we have that don't involve the scale number.

jellybelly06
11-01-2006, 04:07 PM
I am just starting out, but I do have one. I can feel muscles. You can't see them, but I can feel them! It is funny that you don't even know you have certian muscles till you start working them. Jelly

Celesteral
11-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I can feel my hip bones when I lay down.

My face looks thinner.

My size 22 Lane Bryant jeans are falling down.

My boyfriend grabbed my butt and said it felt nice. *blush*

LisaMarie71
11-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Those are great NSVs, jellybelly and celesteral! (I love the boyfriend one -- heehee!)

I had one yesterday, but I'll call it November anyway. My husband and I were talking to some runners he coaches (we both teach at a high school), and in the car later he said "You looked really small next to those boys." I've never looked small next to ANYone, let alone skinny 16 year old runners. "Small" is not a word that ever applies to me!! I laughed and said there's no WAY I'm small yet, but I appreciated it anyway. :)

Lifeguard
11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I lost 1.25 inches around my gut this week - woohoo - that's where I wanna see it disappear!

lilybelle
11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
I ran into an old friend today. She said "OMG, you're so Small". Even her DH, said "you look great". She then asked if she could stop by my house and learn my "diet secrets". I really don't know what to say to her. Everytime I have seen her in the past 2 yrs. she was eating a Large bag of Cheetos and drinking a Dr. Pepper. I know she consumes more calories per week in Alcoholic Beverages than I do in food.

SuchAPrettyFace
11-02-2006, 02:31 AM
2 words/ New pants. a size smaller than last time. They are not skintight, I don't have to fight to get them buttoned. They are tighter than I would like, BUT only because they have stretch in them. :belly:

Lifeguard
11-02-2006, 10:36 AM
2 words/ New pants. a size smaller than last time. They are not skintight, I don't have to fight to get them buttoned. They are tighter than I would like, BUT only because they have stretch in them. :belly:

Good job! Stretchy pants have to start off tight - they so quickly become too loose!

lewelaine
11-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I had an american friend order some clothes off of the torrid shop website for me. I remember when I used to order size 3 top and 24 pants from them. Yesterday I ordered a size 0 top and size 15 pants.

rockinrobin
11-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I just bent down to pick something up from the floor and my husband walked in the room and said "Wow your a** definitely got smaller". Oh yeah, he's got a great way with words, huh? But you know what I'll take it!

DNR
11-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Fedup,

That sounds exactly what my DH said to me the other night. He too has a wonderful way to say things. He doesn't say anything very often, but when he does it comes out like your DH's statement. I take the compliments when I get them, even if they are a little strange.

DNR

Heather
11-02-2006, 10:35 PM
I had a simply awful day the other day at work. I felt very stressed. But I knew that I had a weight session with my trainer at the end of the day.

My NSVs: I was *Excited* about the training session, because I KNEW I WOULD feel better afterward.

AND I DID.

I'm starting to get into this exercise thing a bit!

jtammy
11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I went to a work conference last week. I ran into an old friend/former colleague that I hadn't seen in a while. I stopped in the hall to speak to him and I said hello. He mumbled hello and walked on by me. I laughed and asked if he wasn't talking to me now and his mouth dropped and he turned around. He said he didn't recognize me anymore since I was so "skinny". I had several other people commenting on how different I looked, but since I worked with this person for several years, it seemed more extraordinary coming from him.

I'm still shopping in the plus sizes (16/18) for most clothing, but I am at the precipice of the misses section. I have purchased a couple of things from the XL misses section and that feels good.

crazynette826
11-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Congrats to everyone on their NSVs. It's awesome to have things happen that reinforce weight loss. Especially compliments!!

Mine's not much, but my jeans are starting to feel loose! I've been wearing the same style/size jeans for a couple of years now, and they've been on the comfortable snug side for the last year. Now they are on the comfortable loose side!! I can't wait until they don't fit at all!!

finn
11-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Oh I had the best compliment ever a few days ago - We had a work Halloween party where fancy dress was optional. My friend and I decided to dress up and I wore a short red skirt, black top, horns and high boots...devil like :devil:. Now I'd generally be dressed in jeans and jumper in work so this was the first time my colleagues had seen me dressed up really since I started losing weight.

I met this one guy that I used to work with but hadn't seen in a few months and we were chatting away and he suddenly stops me and goes...."Wow Finn I gotta say it, you look gorgeous", I just said thanks, said I'd taken up some exercise and moved on and he stopped me talking again and goes " no I really mean it, gorgeous...whatever you are doing it really suits you". I was sooooooo chuffed - he totally made my month! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

crazynette826
11-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Finn that's awesome!! And I saw your pics in the other thread and you do look gorgeous!! Congrats!

SuchAPrettyFace
11-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Good job! Stretchy pants have to start off tight - they so quickly become too loose!Thank you, I am hoping they are loose by Christmas!!

Today my former supervisor emailed me to tell me she has noticed I am losing weight. That felt great.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV's. We can do this!!! :yes:

famograham
11-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Very nice everyone :cp:

Finn...amazing, I may have just cried right on the spot if that happened to me!!!!

:cheer2:
Linda

Lifeguard
11-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Yesterday I spent the day scrapbooking. For awhile now I have been trying to see photos of myself as "before" shots instead of omitting myself from the history of my own life.

But yesterday I realized that I was actually seeing ME in the pictures not just the fat. Wow - I feel like this is a major breakthrough. I cannot remember the last time I didn't just cringe & want to cry because of my weight in a pic.

beautifulone
11-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Finn... I would have started grinning ear to ear!

All right ladies and gents?, I began laughing after this.. but I gotta tell you.. I was in my bathroom, I went in to look at a new pair of earrings I had just put on and I think I could tell from my face that I've lost weight! So I started jumping up and down cheering!!!! hehehehe :lol: it was fabulous :D I was taking silly pics yest for fun, tiny tiny camera so I could only catch my face, but again I could tell that I'd lost weight - I don't think it's just because I know I have, I think it's actually becoming noticeable!!

Heather
11-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Some GREAT NSVs!!!!

Mine is very mundane -- I bought a pair of size 12 jeans. They don't really quite fit, but I could button them up and zip em!!! I'll be wearing them soon enough!

I don't think I've EVER worn size 12 before!!!!

RememberHowToSmile
11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
My sisters friend stopped by the my parents to pick something up while I was there. We chatted for a few minutes then she walked him out. She later told me that when she went outside he said to her that he did not want to be rude and say anything to me but that I had lost a lot of weight and looked really good and thin. I was shocked that he noticed.

Get n healthy
11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, i have had a couple recently. Thank you for brining up this thread, sometimes it is hard for me to remember the NSV, i focus so much (too much) on the sv. So this is great for motivation for me.

My blue jeans from last year, that were TIGHT are now falling off.

My sister said she could tell i was losing weight (this is big because she is always really competative with me...it was a big step for her, so it felt extra special)

Another DH moment that well, only a dh can say and you not slap them accross the face...we take those compliments when we can get them. But he grabbed my butt and said, "wow, now that is a tight a**"...works for me.

Sounds like everyone really has some good ones this month.

Lifeguard
11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I had to go searching for this thread - it's been 2 days since anyone posted an NSV - where is everyone?

Anyway, while doing bicep curls today I noticed that I am starting to have a jaw line again!

nelie
11-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Uh oh :) My engagement ring which I got less than 5 months ago is starting to fall off of me (and there have been days when this ring has been TIGHT). Next week, I'll be adding a wedding band to it so hopefully both of them together won't be too loose. I had actually anticipated this when I talked to the jeweler and he said that I could get it resized free of charge.

The other day I was looking at my thighs in the mirror and I noticed that the dimply fat behind my legs is disappearing. It is the craziest thing. I still have sizeable thighs (24" ?) but the dimpling is fading away.

Yesterday, I wore my size 20 petite pants which are fairly new. I noticed that they were feeling a bit looser in the hips

This morning, I worked out despite not feeling like it.

lilybelle
11-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Last night, I wasn't in the mood to exercise, but walked on the treadmill anyway with music blaring. I ended up going a full mile, although I had told myself to just make it a 1/2 mile night.
Also, last night my DH said "I'm the luckiest man on earth for having such a wonderful wife". This is totally non-weight related. It felt so good.

finn
11-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I had 4 people in work today tell me that I looked great! Must have been more noticeable as I was wearing heels, but I'm not complaining :-)

Oh and I did my first road race today too - just two miles but I was on such a high...totally amazing!

sept15lija
11-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Great NSV's everyone!!

Mine is that when I started out, the BMI calculator I used told me I was morbidly obese (nice, right?? LOL) but now I am only obese! YAY! :)

lilybelle
11-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I haven't skipped a single day of getting exercise in so far this month. I'm on a roll with this. Yeah. My jeans are loose in the legs from all the walking. Last night I jogged part of my mile on the treadmill, first time I've done that since injuring my ankle in July.

famograham
11-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Wow everyone :) Those are some great NSV's!

Lily, I'm so glad your ankle is feeling a bit better! :hug:

:cheer2:
Linda

LisaMarie71
11-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I love this thread so much!! It's so great to read about all the wonderful moments everyone has on their weight loss journeys! :)

Lots of people have noticed my weight loss this week. It seems like someone says something every day. One person even said, "You really don't need to lose any more weight," which is kind of absurd since I weigh 228! :lol: But the best NSV I had this week was when I walked into the bathroom at the gym after my workout yesterday. I passed the mirror and I had this weird moment where I didn't recognize my own body. Freaky! Even though I'm still overweight, my body has changed so much already that it just didn't look like me. I saw myself from the side, and even though my chest is BIG (it always will be, I think :lol:) I was just so much less....thick!

DNR
11-13-2006, 09:26 AM
DH and I have season tickets to our college basketball team and have had for several years. The seats in the arena are very small and have arms on them. They have them so close together that you are literally arm to arm (and leg to leg) with the person beside you. If it's my DH it's OK but there are some fans whom I'd rather not be rubbing against for 2 hours, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, we went to the first game over the weekend and I was so excited that I can actually sit down now without scraping both arms on my seat with the sides of my tushie every time I get up and down. I actually now have extra room on both sides and could cross my legs in front of me and I don't have the metal digging into my hips for the entire game. That has NEVER happened. Since it's been several months since I sat in those seats, this was more noticeable to me than if I sat in them every day.

DNR

kittymuse
11-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Wow... I look forward to that. I was just complaining about stadium and theatre seats on another thread. Way to go!

howie6267
11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
I had one today. I meet an old co-worker for lunch today. We went to a Chinese restaurant. I took some advice that I had read and asked if I could get the stir fried vegetables steamed instead of fried. It was very good and so much more healthy. It always feels good to make a good choice.

Sheila53
11-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Great NSVs, everyone! They are so inspiring.

I suppose mine really is scale-related, but I'm going to list it here anyway. I made Lifetime today at Weight Watchers, which means I already hit my WW goal, and now have maintained it (I've gone under that goal--still want to make the 100 lbs. loss goal!) for six weeks. My six weeks stretched into a lot longer because I couldn't go weigh in, but I'm proud that I've maintained through a trip to Virginia to see my DD, my Dad's eye hemorrage, and his surgery for bladder cancer last week.

famograham
11-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Sheila! :hug:

Congratulations...and I'm so sorry to hear about recent stressful events!

How was your visit with DD? And how's your Dad now?

:hug:
Linda

Lifeguard
11-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Wow Sheila - that's fantastic!

Mine is sort of backhanded NSV. I have not been losing as fast as they think I should at Herbal magic. Part of the program is that if you are on track at the one year mark you get the 2nd year for free & well there is not a chance of that at this point. Anyway, today she told me she is going to try to switch my contract around & restart me & create a new goal date. I'm happy that I've lost regardless of all this but it's nice to feel like they genuinely support me & want me to be successful.

sept15lija
11-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Last night we saw some friends we hadn't seen in about three months. We came in and were standing around talking with them and then my friend's DH said "Liz, you are looking really good!" That felt so awesome.

LisaMarie71
11-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Yay for all the NSVs!!! We ROCK!! :)

Saturday night, I went to a get-together with a group of people I hadn't seen in nearly a year. When I showed up at the door, the hostess didn't recognize me at first (woohoo!) and the host went on ALL NIGHT about how great I looked. He wouldn't stop saying it!! It was the big topic of the evening. They even thought I changed my hair color, but I didn't. :lol:

Heather
11-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Wow, I hadn't read these in a while -- always inspiring! I am reminded that I can also now fit in stadium and theater seats -- that is very rewarding.

I also loved the nsv of not wanting to work out and doing it anyway -- very important!

I am feeling under a lot of stress at work. My nsvs are that I am continuing to exercise (first time ever that's happened), and even though I'm eating a little more than I want to, I am not completely out of control and continue to write everything down.

lilybelle
11-15-2006, 01:52 PM
My son's ex-GF had given me several winter shirts. She was very thin and seemed to favor stripes. I never wore any of them because I thought that stripes made me look FATTER. Well, today I put one on. It was the FAT that made me look FAT because this shirt looks great on me, stripes and all. Now I have 5 new to me shirts that I can comfortably wear.

mthrgoos68
11-15-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm leaving for New York tomorrow night, I'm not worried about whether or not I'll fit into the seat of the plane! That's such a rewarding feeling!

rockinrobin
11-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I was out grocery shopping this morning and I ran into one of my hubby's friends and he said to me "Wow, you're melting away". And then he ran into my hubby later and the first thing he said to my hubby is "Your wife's melting away."

mthrgoos I have avoided airplanes for over 12 years for fear of not fitting in those seats. That you don't need to worry is awesome, I am so very happy for you.

And all the other NSV's are also great and you all give me something to look forward to. Let's all keep up the good work!

SuchAPrettyFace
11-16-2006, 01:36 PM
More clothing NSV's: I got a new pair of jeans last night they are identical to my favorite pair except they actually aren't falling off my butt & the waistband is even a little big.

I also picked up a black hoodie, and I could've gone to the mens' dept & picked up a (cheaper!) hoodie with no stretch, and I would've felt more comfortable in the bigger size, but I've read that it's self-defeating to keep your bigger clothes, b/c it gives you a false sense that you really don't need to lose weight. The one I got has 3% spandex & fits nice and is a 2X!!! That is huge for me! :dance:

Mothergoose, how have you been?

Sheila, how is your dad now?

mthrgoos68
11-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi SAPF! I'm doing good, thanks for asking! I've been lurking for a while, but it's good to be posting again. I've loved reading the old posts and catching up with everyone!

zoritsa
11-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I've been really fatigued the past two months,and haven't been making it to work out,but this week I forced myself to walk on the treadmill and join a pilates class.Still feel exhausted,but not using that as my excuse to not workout.

lilybelle
11-16-2006, 10:35 PM
My DH's Aunt is in the hospital. We went to visit her tonite. When we walked in she said "I had to look twice, I thought Vic had got a new wife". She said I looked "absolutely fantastic". Her son was also there and couldn't quit talking about how much weight I had lost. I was actually a little embarassed by it all.

Michelle
11-16-2006, 11:54 PM
LILYBELLE...You do look wonderful, and you are such an inspiration here at 3FC! I can only imagine how many people think you look so good, and especially in person!;) :hug:

rockinrobin
11-17-2006, 08:17 AM
I ran into one of my very good friends daughter the other night. Last night I speak to that friend on the phone and she tells me that her daughter asked her if I stopped eating. And the thing is this young girl is so overweight I just wanted to scream "no I didn't stop eating, just CHANGED what I'm eating and cut down a bit". The desire to help people is overwhelming.

Cheryl14
11-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi All!

Just found this thread! What a GREAT IDEA to have a place to put victories other than the SCALE kind!

Here's mine:
I'm busy getting pictures sorted so that my huband can make a slide show for our oldest son's wedding. I've been looking in horror at pictures of myself over the years when I was 50-70 lbs. heavier than I am right now. I was thinking how bad I looked and how I didn't want to include them in the slide show and found that I actually had said those words OUT LOUD! Our son said, "Mom! Of course we want to include those pictures! That way everyone can see how awesome you look NOW!"

I hugged my 6'4" "baby" around his waist and just welled up with tears...and pride!

Cheryl

carol2208
11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Fed Up - I totally see what you mean... it makes me crazy mad sometimes the twisted idea people have of dieting and weight

Cheryl - Way to go !:) That was so cute ...

I got one myself too, I was afraid of wearing this pair of jeans I have this morning, as I had just washed them and before washing they hardly buttoned, so to my absolute delight when I put them on today, they confortably buttoned ... :) no having to suck every breath out of my lungs...

:) :) :) :)

Cheryl14
11-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Yea, Carol!

Don't you just love that feeling of something actually feeling LOOSE?!!! I think that we really are experiencing that with new bodies that we still don't COMPLETELY feel that we OWN just yet! I'm still getting used to being able to fit better in the car and even in bathroom stalls even with those HUGE toilet paper holders that take up half of the stall!

Good luck to you! I hope to be around the weight you are now by August!

Cheryl

sept15lija
11-18-2006, 09:14 AM
We're having a surprise 65th birthday party for my mom today and my sisters asked me to make my chocolate chip/peanut butter chip cookies. I remember last time I made them I probably ate about 8-10 cookies worth of batter and then of course 5-6 of the baked cookies...I made them last night and I didn't have any calories left, and I ate absolutely none of it. I even brought two down to DH and didn't feel deprived or anything. It just feels good to be able to say no to myself! Now I just have to keep saying No at the party....I can do it! :)

Lifeguard
11-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Good for you Liz - I don't think I could do it!

So I have done nothing really for a week as I have been feeling terrible & was convinced that I was pregnant. But my tom arrived today so now I have at least one more month to lose weight!

carol2208
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Way to go Liz !!:) Really, bravo !!:)

Cheryl, you´ll get there !!:)

I hope you girls have a great sunday ! crappy weather here in Madrid, cold and raining, but perfect for sleeping until late... :)

RememberHowToSmile
11-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I have two! Well really one because the other is a scale victory but Iím going to post it anyways because Iím excited.

First, I saw a family friend who I havenít seen in probable 6 month or more and she was floored when she saw me. For the first 20 minutes all she could say was wow I canít believe how much weight you have lost you look so good. Keep up the good work.

Second, I am officially less than 100 pounds from my goal weight. My next scale victory is getting to Onederland!!!

train
11-18-2006, 11:19 PM
way to go! i love reading nsv's

mine is being able to wrap my bath towel all the way around me. no gaps. (i have killer hips!)

SwimGirl
11-19-2006, 03:10 AM
We went to a wedding tonight, and I didn't stress over my outfit. Normally I get really upset, so I am happy about that :) I also caught the bouquet! It's very beautiful, and was also thrown RIGHT at me on purpose.. I'll still take it!

nelie - 25inch thighs? I'm jealous!! Does it hurt the ring to have it resized more than once? The bf might be buying me a ring and I worry about shrinking and having to get it sized more than once.

-Aimee

Lifeguard
11-19-2006, 09:04 AM
That's great swimgirl!!! I can totally get the wedding thing!

Yesterday I put on one of the two pairs of pants that fit me & they're getting too loose!

lilybelle
11-20-2006, 01:50 AM
We are going hunting next week, so tonite I tried to dig up some camouflage clothes to wear. Mine were so big that I couldn't keep them up. I searched my son's things (He's almost 6' and weighs normally 145-155) and his camo clothes fit me now. That was such a great feeling. They fit perfect in the waist and are baggy on my now flat butt. But, I'll take it. They are size 30 x 32.

Thanks Michelle, for the compliment.
Thanks everyone for sharing the NSV's. They are so encouraging to me.

rockinrobin
11-20-2006, 08:03 AM
I think it's finally hitting me, although I have such a looong way to go, but it is first hitting me that I am indeed smaller then I used to be. Just as I walk around my house and sit on the couch, I take up less room.

I must get up 2-3 times a night to go pee, I know that's TMI but it is part of my NSV. When I would get up in the middle of the night I would stand up and have to wait a good 30-60 seconds before I could move because my knees and legs were so stiff. That doesn't happen anymore, I just get right out of bed and I am able to move immediately. It is a wonderful feeling.

I like this being smaller stuff, I can't wait to get even smaller.

Sheila53
11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
:cp: Good for you, "fed" up! I love the getting smaller NSVs, too.

I went shopping at Goodwill on Saturday and found a pair of sz. 10 jeans that fit! I was so excited! Definitely have to watch what I eat this week, however, or those jeans won't be fitting so well next week. :)

Glory87
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Just as I walk around my house and sit on the couch, I take up less room.

I used to joke that I was taking up less space in the universe.

LisaMarie71
11-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I've had a few NSVs lately, and I felt really good today so it's time to share!

*Last week, my husband wanted to leave the gym early and I refused, so he had to wait for me. I REALLY wanted to leave, because I had cramps, but I refused to cut my workout short. Yay for me! I used to always wait for him to finish working out, and now I always take longer.

*Today, someone told me she didn't recognize me until I turned around and she saw my face, because I'm getting so skinny! (Skinny at 227 -- hardly -- but I'll take it anyway!)

*Another teacher told me that I'm "all the buzz" at school because everyone's talking about how much weight I've lost and how good I look. Yay! I like being the buzz! It also helps me stay motivated because I don't want to be "the buzz" for gaining it all back a few months down the road!

*I wore an old size 16 skirt today, and it didn't cut off my circulation! In fact, there was a bit of room in the waist!

MsHelena
11-20-2006, 08:13 PM
My first NSV for November is that I've managed to convince myself to return to 3FC after being gone for a few months and regaining much of my lost weight.

Lifeguard
11-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Welcome back MSHelena!

I went back to the gym today after a 1.5 week & it felt good. I actually missed it!

famograham
11-21-2006, 02:28 PM
:congrat: everybody!!! :) Those are some wonderful NSV's :cp:

Linda

Liliann
11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Bravo to all with the wonderful NSV stories!! So uplifting and keep up the great work everyone!!

carol2208
11-22-2006, 05:10 AM
I love reading everyone´s NSV !:)

I got one this weekend... I went out with a "new" friend (living in Spain for only 7 months, most of my friends are new !:) ), and she asked me how I could go out to eat, order only a salad, and be happy with it (she´s one of those girls skinny by nature, so her relationship with food is rather different) ... so I told her my story, and how I lost more than 85 lbs... and her in shock, looks at me and say "Wow, I had no idea, I can´t even imagine, you don´t look overweight at all now... " Although I know I still have a few pounds until not overweight land, it felt pretty good the change from the new extremely overweight friend, to just the new friend !:)

I know it´s silly going by standards, but it feels great just fitting in, people can be cruel, and just being able to go out without worrying someone might make a comment in front of a friend or family member it´s great... although I´ve walked more than half of the way, and am a different person in many ways now, I still carry in my mind my old imagine, sometimes I still see myself with 242 lbs...

LisaMarie71
11-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Carol, that is a WONDERFUL NSV! I think that's something we all long for -- that feeling that your weight isn't the first thing people notice...that people see you as "normal" and don't even consider "overweight" as a description for you. I can't wait for that. Obviously, my health is the most important factor in all this, but moving through the world as an overweight person is TOUGH. We all know that. As the scale goes down, it gets easier. I loved reading your NSV!

Lifeguard
11-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Great work Carol! That is awesome.

Mine is someething I think I mentioned earlier as a possibility but today it starts for real. I am doing herbal magic but haven't been following the plan as closely as I could so am not at the pounds lost that I could be at. Anyway, they are restarting me without charging me extra! That is exciting enough for me but today she explained to me that they're actually going to break it down into 4 week chunks & every 4 weeks we'll "renew" the contract based on me following the plan. I know this sounds like a negative but I really like this kind of accountability & am excited that this will help me achieve my goals!

beautifulone
11-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Great stuff everyone!

There was a pair of pants I only wore once or twice this summer because they were just so snug, despite the fact that I didn't have enough clothing. They were uncomfortable on my body physically and I felt self-conscious wearing something so skin-fitting! Now, even a belt doesn't help! I am holding them up around the waist with a large clothes-pin :rofl: :lol: My time of having to wear them has been weaning so I didn't want to buy new ones just yet - but I feel so wonderful when I remind myself that these are indeed the same pants that I couldn't comfortably fit into in August! :woohoo:

Lifeguard
11-23-2006, 09:10 PM
I bought these navy pants to wear with my Guiding uniform 3 years ago & then promptly shrunk them (oops!). So I've only worn them once. Well, tonight we helped serve the seniors christmas dinner & decided to wear them even though they were a little snug still! Afterwards the other leaders wanted to go out for dinner & I thought "oh no, I don't know if I can sit in these!" But they were just fine!!!!

Plus, they let all the girls have the leftover cake & I wasn't even tempted - I don't know if I've ever turned down cake before!

finn
11-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Its not really an NSV but today for the first time ever I am offiicially overweight...goodbye to obesity :-)

carol2208
11-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Lisa Marie, thanks !:) You´ll get there ! I think that my friend reacted by the thought of me almost 100 lbs heavier and since she couldn´t see it, which is great, she said she didn´t see me as an overweight person, a bit a os exageration, as I´m still by all standards overweight ... but hopefully it´s only a matter of time... to all of us !:)

Beautifuone - Wow !! Congrats !!

Lifeguard - Way to go !! :) I know turning down cake is not easy, yesterday my best friend flew from Houston for a visit, as it was her b-day we went to a very nice restaurant, I behaved very well during the main course, and ordered a salad, but when dessert came I couldn´t resist the pasión de chocolate (chocolate passion) ... :$

Finn - Ieiiiii !:) that calls for a healthy celebration !:)

Have a great weekend girls !!
Carol

Lifeguard
11-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Finn - that must feel just terrific! Great work!

crazynette826
11-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Congrats to everyone on the wonderful NSVs. I love that we get to document them somewhere. It makes this seem so much more worth it, as the scale lies frequently (at least that's my opinion)!!

Anyways, we went shopping today and I bought a pair of pants, and a couple of shirts, all one size smaller than what I've been in. Totally made my day. I wanted to buy more of them, but only bought a few because I plan on losing lot's more!!

lilybelle
11-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I was cold this AM and put on a pr. of my DH's thermal underwear. They are mediums and are baggy on me. In previous yrs. when I'd try to wear these they were so tight that the crotch was halfway to my knees.

beautifulone
11-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Lilybelle :rofl: that is awesome.

jtammy
11-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Congrats everyone!

lilybelle
11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
I am under tremendous stress right now with marital problems and haven't once turned to food for comfort.

carol2208
11-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Lilybelle,
I´m really sorry that you are having problems... but you should be REALLY REALLY proud of yourself for not turning to food for confort ... I hope to be that strong some day !!:)

LisaMarie71
11-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Lilybelle, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems but you really should take pride in the fact that you have new ways of dealing with it instead of turning to food. That part is wonderful, and I'm sure the rest will work itself out. Everyone on the board is here to support you -- you're such an inspiration and an important part of what makes this board what it is!

My NSV is that I went to my hometown for the weekend and I got LOTS of compliments from my family, since they hadn't seen me for a while. It was sooo great to hear good things the whole weekend! Also, I ate a little more than I should've, but I stayed mostly on plan and I actually got up early and ran both Saturday and Sunday morning.

I ran 4 times around this park that I used to always walk around when I was growing up. My friends and I would go on diets and walk around that park all the time, and it felt so good to actually run around it 4 times without stopping, which equaled about 1.6 miles. I never imagined I could do that!!

beautifulone
11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, and what an NSV! I pulled this out from my old posts, written on August 30th, 2006:

Maybe I'm coming down from my initial "I'm going to exercise and lose weight!" high, I'm not sure - but time seems to be slowing down. I've been at this for a month, the number on the scale is at least 6 pounds less than it was a month agoÖ. Guess I have to remember this is only the beginning.. maybe once I'm four months into it, it will be a little different, having four months to look back on. I hope I'm around four months from now for a five-month-eversary.

Okay, I have to change my thinking. It will all be fine this is entirely do-able and worth it! I have to continue to believe that and in time I will see results... I'll check back in four months time, meanwhile I'm back to the gym tomorrow or the day after, to complete my goal of my first month at the gym!

I have been here 4 months. I have lost 30 pounds. I have eaten well for the most part. I had been exercising regularly for a while and learned a lot while I was doing it - do intend to resume it regularly than the sporadic work-outs I now do. I am getting closer to weighing the lowest I weighed 3 years ago before I ballooned up to my highest ever weight! And I am being totally healthy about it!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

beautifulone
11-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Lilybelle, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems but you really should take pride in the fact that you have new ways of dealing with it instead of turning to food. That part is wonderful, and I'm sure the rest will work itself out. Everyone on the board is here to support you -- you're such an inspiration and an important part of what makes this board what it is!

Lilybelle, definitely - well said Lisa!

Penney
11-28-2006, 04:27 PM
I finally made it through an exercise session without gasping for air and whining the entire time. Okay - admittedly - at certain points I was going about half the pace that cardio video was going. But - I was tickled because I actually made it........ the first time for me in many many many moons... :carrot:

lilybelle
11-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks so much for the support ladies. Things are really bad. He didn't even come home from work today. So , not sure what is in store. I have been having to force myself to eat. I can't let myself get sick. I'm trying to be strong and make it through this.

famograham
11-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh, Lilybelle...:hug:

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time.

:angel: Sending positive thoughts your way :goodvibes:

You can get through this, no matter the outcome.

Linda

Lifeguard
11-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Lilybelle I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.

rockinrobin
11-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Lilybelle, I am so very sorry to hear this. I really hope things work out for you. Please, please take care of yourself. For the short time that I have been here at 3FC I have been truly inspired by you. You have been a great motivator for me. You are so strong and have come so far, you can and will get through this as well. But please do remember to take care of yourself. :hug:

NavyWifeDee
11-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Lilybelle, I'm so sorry about the problems you're having. You have been an inspiration to me since I've been on 3fc, even when I was just lurking. Here's :hug: and lots of thoughts going out to you. I hope everything starts looking up soon.

Dee

NavyWifeDee
11-29-2006, 08:31 AM
So, it's not really a big deal, but since I've been off track these last few months, but miraculously without gaining any weight back, I've been bad about the sodas and such. Today I am drinking water again, and on my way to cutting out the others except for special occasions. and you know what? It actually tastes good! LOL How silly am I that I've avoided drinking my water for so long?

SuchAPrettyFace
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
More clothing NSV's: I got a new pair of jeans last night they are identical to my favorite pair except they actually aren't falling off my butt & the waistband is even a little big. These jeans are now a little on the big side, but not so big I have to get a new pair. Maybe for Christmas!!! :dance:

Jasmine31
11-29-2006, 07:12 PM
I love reading all these! Ladies you are all doing great!!

Here are mine:

I have had a few coworkers who I had known for years NOT recognize me since I lost 66 pounds! One girl got on the bus a few weeks ago and she didn't even look my way or say hi. I felt kind of bad so next time I seen her I went up to her face and said hi. She was like who are you? hahahaha When I told her she had a good laugh. She said she had not recognized me cause I had lost so much! We only worked together for about 6 months. ;)

Another friend who we used to hang out once in a while, and have known each other for years, we don't see much of each other and I hadn't seen her since registering the kids for school in August. Anyhow she seen I had lost but it was about 30 by then. She hadn't mentioned it though. So idk maybe it wasn't enough at the time to really notice? Anyhow I was walking down the street a few weeks ago and she was in her van and she pulled in the parking lot and was so shocked to see me! She said, her daughter said mom! that is Sarah! and she was like, no it isn't!! hahahaha She was so shocked she wanted to know how I did it etc, all that. So I have been trying to give her some tips.

Liliann
11-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Lilybelle.. Sorry to hear of what you are going through..Stay strong and hoping things work out for the best for you. Way to go on not eating any comfort food. Bravo for that!:hug:

Great job ladies..love hearing these NSV.. Keep it going!

I have one or 2 if it counts.

1. Been doing my workout videos while I have tom. Alittle background ..Since am heavy, been having irregualr periods/missed...but since am doing movements daily, have not get PMS and the negetive moods effect that comes with it. I guess my doctors were right when I exercise, my cycle becomes normal again...

2. I binged on 2 huge candies bars that I mindless brought when doing my errands..I did not get discouraged, I fought back of working out and burn of those candies calories. The old me, would have just be lazy and ate more junk.. I have learned that eating candies is not worth it, when working my buns off..:)

Cheryl14
11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi Lilliann!

Congratulations on not getting discouraged after the candy bars! Also, I'm so proud of you that you are continuing with your video workout program. It's GREAT to hear that PMS symptoms are diminishing for you!

I know what you mean about looking at foods now in a new way! I look at some desserts and decide that I just don't want to do all the extra exercise that I'd have to do to work off the extra calories! I've actually become a picky eater ...picking the foods that are WORTH all the exercise effort! That's very new for me!

Great to hear of your progress, Lilliann! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Cheryl

KnitALisa
11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I have learned that eating candies is not worth it, when working my buns off..
Hee! Ain't that the truth. Whenever I'm tempted, I think, do I really want to have to do MORE exercise to work this off? Now don't get me wrong, I like exercise, but... Man, the temptation just isn't worth it!!

Lifeguard
11-29-2006, 11:11 PM
This week I lost 5 inches!!! I love lose inches - it seems more motivating now than weight sometimes (although I would love to see that move faster!)

Also the last three days I have visited 3 different friends & all of them commented on my weightloss - that felt nice.

Jasmine31
11-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Lily I am sorry to hear about problems with the dh! :hug: What is the deal with him? Can you two get counseling?

EVeryone else great work! Keep it up! Lilian that is the best thing I have found is when i choose a bad food, or eat to much etc, I don't give up, I start again right away with making good choices and in the long run that is what matters is that you make more great choices then bad!

Lifeguard that is awesome! I just recently started measuring myself last weekend. Is it true you are supposed to measure sucking it in? I did both. :lol:

Liliann
11-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks everyone!

Lifeguard.. :bravo: on those inches lost!! You are doing great.. Keep it going!

finn
11-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Oh my goodness I just walked down the corridor at work and got complimented 3 times by different people!!! woohooo! Going to meet up with a friend tonight who hasn't seen me in a few months...I can't wait!

lilybelle
11-30-2006, 01:01 PM
A not so great NSV. I had been having chest pain and went to my Dr. yesterday. He did a drug test because he thought I'd lost so much weight and couldn't have lost it without being on "meth". What a quack. I did the test just to prove that I don't use drugs. But can you only imagine how bad I wanted to throw that "pee" on him. LOL, he already thinks I'm crazy and this would have just confirmed it. LOL. Oh, and I chewed him out to put it mildly.
As for the marital problems, I'm hanging in there. Hadn't eaten much lately and was down another 4 lbs. at Dr.'s office to 136. I'm feeling better today and I'm hungry. Planning to go have a healthy breakfast.

rockinrobin
11-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Oh gosh Lily that reminds me of the time my sister who suffers unbelivably from her sinuses finally went to the Dr. and he told her - "Well the first step to getting better would be to stop using cocaine" Could you imagine didn't ask if she was doing it, just told her to stop doing it. My sister has never had anything stronger then a wine cooler. I just don't know what is wrong with some doctors. I hope you really handed it to him, cause he deserves it. And he doesn't deserve to have you as a patient.

And I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and hungry again. You really need to keep your strength up. Keep on hangin in there. :hug:

sept15lija
11-30-2006, 07:36 PM
lilybelle - I can't believe that doc!! What a dumba$$. I'm so sorry to hear about your marital problems. I really hope things work out for you very soon...and that's awesome you aren't turning to food. I fear that's exactly what I would do. You are such an inspiration around here!

Lifeguard - WTG on those inches!! Your post made me think that I really do need to start measuring myself and seeing where I'm losing inches too...such an important way to measure your progress!

I have an NSV that I have been very excited about! I have weighed more than my DH for, well, a long time, and finally last night I made him weigh himself and he is now 4 lbs heavier than me!! He's trying to lose some weight too, but hasn't really been watching it lately. I don't know why, but my weight's been totally dropping off this week, I think I was retaining water or something last week - I am actually at 222 and not 226 which is what I weighed in at on Monday! I won't update it until weigh in next Monday though.

Sheila53
11-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your marital problems, Lilybelle. And that doctor--wow! Never heard anything like that before.

My NSV for the end of the month is that I did not eat a single cookie or ingredient today while baking for my church's holiday bazaar. As I started to remove the cookies from the pan, one fell apart, which usually would be grounds for eating it. I called my DH in to eat it instead. These are cookies that I absolutely love so it's a biggie for me. :)

lilybelle
12-01-2006, 01:53 AM
rockinrobin, I can only imagine how upset your sister was at that dr.

sept15lija, WTG on weighing less than your husband. That was a Really big deal for me too.

Sheila, WTG on the cookie abstinence that would have been hard. Plus a crumbled cookie is always fair game to me , too.

BTW, the Dr's office called today to inform me that my drug test was "negative". Go figure.

famograham
12-01-2006, 01:23 PM
BTW, the Dr's office called today to inform me that my drug test was "negative". Go figure.

What a shocker!!! :no: Hope your doctore feels better now...what a weenie.

Linda