Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Jenny Craig Members - November '06

sunshine
11-01-2006, 03:43 AM
It's November already. I can't believe it. I love this time of year with Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to. With a lot of will power, I'm hoping to still lose a little weight!

hermanita32
11-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Sunshine
I'm more than positive that you'll be able to make your goals throughout the holidays.
I do love this time of year, my absolute fav...except for all the leaves that need to be raked every other day...part of exercise so not complaining.
Does everyone have a plan for sticking to the program through the holidays ?
Good luck to all of us in November !

Be well everyone
H.

chrstna446
11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello Everyone.

How did you make it past Halloween? I thought I did o.k., but today seems worse than yesterday. We had a potluck here at work yesterday and I had 1 cocktail weenie, fresh fruit, and a few candy corns as well as my normal JC meal. I thought that I did very, very well. I live in a condo, so I didn't have to buy any candy, so there, too, I think I was successful.

Well, today there are leftovers at work and I find myself nibbling a lot. I get a little scared of losing that focus! I can be a compulsive eater.

The good news is that more and more people are noticing the weight loss. I need to dwell on that. To borrow an old saying: nothing taste as good as thin feels.

We will all lose during the holidays!! There. I said it for all of us. It's o.k. if maybe we don't lose at the rate we do right now, but we will continue to lose. I think it is important that we all enjoy the holidays, even enjoying the foods we may love. If we are going to be sucessful in this process we need to be able to deal with our temptations. For me, I intend to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas and the foods I love to eat at these times, I just want to make sure that I enjoy them and then stop. I always let the holidays turn into a whole series of days that involve too much eating. If I can enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner and not make it into a Thanksgiving weekend that rolls all the way into January, I know that I'll be o.k.

Sunshine, I know you will be making your goal soon, too. You have been doing such a fantastic job at this. I hope you will continue to post in this forum to help the rest of us. You really have helped me in the last few weeks.

Hermanita, let me know how things are going. When do you have your first weigh-in?

Take care, everyone.

hermanita32
11-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi all:

I had my 1st weigh in ( well I weigh at home or the gym...but anyhoo) I lost 4.2 lbs. I am very excited about that.
I have decided to work this weight loss by setting mini goals in increments of 10. I have also decided to challenge myself at the gym by increasing the exercise that I already do. Without your stories and posts, I would not have been able to do this. Today for the first time in a long time I feel proud of me. Thanks guys. Let's continue to keep each other motivated, and welcoming others to join us as we achieve our goals together !

How is everyone doing ? Wishing everyone a great day !

H.

Katiebobatie
11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone!
I've done JC in past and had great results, so when I found myself unable to lose my pregnancy weight 8 months after I had my daughter, I decided to join up again. I started wednesday, and I'm already down 5 lbs :D I hope everyone else is doing well! :D

hzrdus7
11-03-2006, 07:14 PM
I hope you don't mind me joining in here! ;)

I've just rejoined JC last week.....My first WI is tomorrow morning at 8. I am trying very hard not to get on the scale. I tend to weight myself daily (several times a day) and just get totally discouraged. So, since I haven't been getting on the scale, I have no idea what tomorrow will hold! I have stayed OP all week, so it has to be good :)

How do you all stay motivated? Right now, I just want to go out and binge so bad, but that is what helped me to gain all the weight in the first place. I can never stick to a program for more than a couple of days. I have faithfully done JC for 7 days now, which is longer than I've ever done a program!

hermanita32
11-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi all.
How's everyone doing today ?

Welcome hzrdus7 and katiebobatie!

hzrdus7- you sound just like me ! I definitely find the motivation I need here on this board, everyone is ultra supportive. Knowing that there are people who are going through what I'm going through and they've accomplished what I hope to accomplish keeps me motivated. This is the first time in my life that I've ever stayed on a plan for more than 1 week...big accomplishment. Keep visiting and keep posting, believe that you can do it and you will...good luck in achieving your goals.

Be well everyone.

H.

hzrdus7
11-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank you hermanita32 for the welcome ;)

My WI was this morning and I was down exactly 3.0 pounds. I was hoping for a little more, but I'm happy with that.

The last time I tried JC I did not have any support from friends or family. This time, my friends are trying to support me (basically by just not asking me to go to lunch at work daily, which I asked them to do) and my husband is also trying to eat healthy so I think I will have a better shot at it this time. Plus, with this message board, I think I have all the help I need!

wntrdove
11-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Just in case you haven't seen it in some of the other threads, Kirstie Alley will be on Oprah on Monday 11/6. It's the bikini episode. (Thought I'd say something since I always seem to miss these shows).

I'll introduce myself later as I'm at work and probably shouldn't be posting.

tamfielder
11-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi! I'm a new Jenny Craig participant... today was Day 3 and so far I'm sticking to the program (and ready to eat my arm!) I've done many other diets, and all have worked, but I have a terrible habit of giving up towards the end and going back to my usual eating habits... which puts me 10-15 lbs. over my starting point in about 6 months. I obviously have underlying issues as to *why* I eat, and I know what they are, but I can't get past them! This time I want to be held more accountable so I'm hoping that a one-on-one consultant will help. I've only been to the initial consultation with a manager and have yet to have my first weigh-in with my regular consultant (next Wednesday). I hope it's someone I can connect with! Anyway, I've been looking at the different foods JC offers and was wondering if anyone knew which foods are frozen and which are dried? I'd like to make a list of foods that I think I would like (to save time), but I am definitely not interested in the dried varieties (unless someone here can whole-heartedly recommend one!) May this lifestyle change/diet attempt be my LAST! :)

Tammy

wntrdove
11-05-2006, 03:47 AM
Tammy,

If you are looking at a food brochure, the Shelf Stable/Dry foods have a little suitcase icon next to them indicating that they are suitable for travel & the frozen foods have a snowflake (providing that I'm remembering correctly.)

I don't think I can "whole-heartedly" recommend any of the shelf stable items. I do enjoy the swedish meatballs (had them for lunch tonight) and the chili is good. I find that most of the italian based shelf stable stuff reminds me of chef boyardee and I've never particularly been a fan, though I try them every once in a while just to remind myself that I don't really care for them. I mostly eat the frozen entrees. I feel the quality is a better and it's worth the extra money.

Good luck on your first meeting. I hope you get a consultant that you click with. I've been with my consultant for a year and a half and I'm grateful that we get along so well.

Dove.

hzrdus7
11-05-2006, 02:49 PM
tamfielder - The consultants do help keep you accountable. I know when I was previously on the program, I would dread my consultation if I knew I had a bad week 'cause I would have to explain in to my consultant! They are usually very nice and helpful.

I personally like the Mashed Potatoes and Beef and Gravy shelf stable item. I find it to be pretty tasty. The tuna salad is eadible, but very small (like most other items). If you sign in to their website, you can set up your entire menu and take it in with you to the consultation to save some time. That's what I do.

tamfielder
11-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Hmmm... I can't tell online whether the food is frozen or not... there's no suitcase or snowflake next to any of the items... at least not where I can see them anyway... and they won't let me take home a brochure with the icons on it. Would anyone be willing to look at the list below and put an "F" or "S" next to the items that are "F"rozen or "S"helf? And maybe a * next to the ones you think are decent? I cut and pasted the list of lunches and dinners from the website, removing the items you've already mentioned and that I've already received for week 1. I tried to put together a menu online but the system won't let me. I'm assuming that I have to complete my second week of the planned menu before I can customize... even though they already let me swap out several items from week 1, which is what I plan to do with week 2 but I wanted to research the foods from home before going in so I can make those changes quickly when I'm there since I have a toddler to hurry back to. They must have a way of restricting new members on the website. Anyway, here's the list I need help with (and thanks so much for the encouraging words and advice so far!!!):

Bean with Ham & Bacon Soup
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato
Chicken Stuffed Sandwich
Creamy Potato Soup
Garden Vegetable Soup
Homestyle Chicken with Noodles
Jenny's Personal Pizza
Rotini with Meatballs
Southwestern Chicken with Rice & Beans
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini
Thai Lemongrass Chicken with Noodles
Vegetable Beef Soup
Beef Sirloin with Rice
Beef Steak Portobello
Chicken Pasta Parmesan
Fish & Chips
Florentine Ravioli
Island Style Chicken
Jenny's Rising Crust Pizza
Lentils with Beef
Macaroni & Cheese
Pasta Fagioli
Penne Pasta
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Traditional Lasagna
Turkey Chili
Vegetable & Chicken Potstickers

hzrdus7
11-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I'll answer the ones that I know....I'm pretty limited on what I eat ;)

Bean with Ham & Bacon Soup - Soups usually canned
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato- F
Chicken Stuffed Sandwich-F
Creamy Potato Soup
Garden Vegetable Soup
Homestyle Chicken with Noodles
Jenny's Personal Pizza - F
Rotini with Meatballs
Southwestern Chicken with Rice & Beans
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini
Thai Lemongrass Chicken with Noodles
Vegetable Beef Soup
Beef Sirloin with Rice
Beef Steak Portobello
Chicken Pasta Parmesan
Fish & Chips -F *
Florentine Ravioli
Island Style Chicken
Jenny's Rising Crust Pizza
Lentils with Beef
Macaroni & Cheese - I Think F
Pasta Fagioli
Penne Pasta
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Traditional Lasagna
Turkey Chili - Shelf Stable
Vegetable & Chicken Potstickers

wntrdove
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM
I'll go ahead and build off the previous list. SS-Shelf Stable

Bean with Ham & Bacon Soup - Soups usually canned
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato- F
Chicken Stuffed Sandwich-F
Creamy Potato Soup-Canned (For the sake of being complete :))
Garden Vegetable Soup-SS
(This is actually dry. Just add water. I didn't like it when I started but I should give it a try again. My consultant has said she has many clients that enjoy it.)
Homestyle Chicken with Noodles- SS
(I always forget but I really like this one too since I generally don't eat the dry stuff. It's like a hearty chicken noodle soup. I put some goldfish on top as you get to add 2 lowfat crackers and a 1/2 oz of cheese.)
Jenny's Personal Pizza - F
I enjoy this with a sprinkling of soy sausage crumbles from morningstar that I get from King Soopers (Kroger Chain). If you keep the serving small enough you can count it as one of your limited free foods. (A serving is 2/3 of a cup, 90kCal and 2.5g/fat. I usually use about a tablespoons worth.)
Rotini with Meatballs-SS
Southwestern Chicken with Rice & Beans-SS
Spinach & Cheese Tortellini-SS (canned)
Thai Lemongrass Chicken with Noodles-F
Vegetable Beef Soup-Canned
Beef Sirloin with Rice-F
Beef Steak Portobello-F
Chicken Pasta Parmesan-SS
Fish & Chips -F *
I really like this one too. It's just like the fish & chips I used to get in elementary school. The girls at my center swear by cooking it in the oven but I like it just fine out of the microwave with a little ketchup to stand in for tartar sauce.
Florentine Ravioli-F
Island Style Chicken-SS
Jenny's Rising Crust Pizza-F
This one has to be cooked in the oven. I usually only get it in the winter and since I usually take my dinners to work with me I cook it ahead of time and eat it cold at work. It gets pretty chewy, but still tasty.
Lentils with Beef-SS
Macaroni & Cheese - I Think F (yes, F)
Another favorite. I think it's better than any other low cal mac and cheese on the market. The key is the layer of really cheese on top. It get really nice and chewy.
Pasta Fagioli-SS
Penne Pasta-F
Sweet & Sour Chicken-SS
Traditional Lasagna-F
Turkey Chili - Shelf Stable
Vegetable & Chicken Potstickers-F
This one has some firm tofu chunks in it. They took me a while to get used to but now this dish is one of my staples. The actual potstickers are really tasty and it's got edamame too.

When I first started (and a couple of times since then since I tend to lose things) I got a brochure called the Personalized Menu Planner. It lists all of the foods with icons indicating what is meatless, shelf stable and frozen foods and also lists exchanges for dining out. I would ask for one even if you are still on the planned menus. I found it helpful to keep track of which foods I really liked and hated.

And if you are feeling restricted by the planned menus or are a really picky eater ask to go personalized. You are the customer after all. I went personalized from week one because I had budget constraints (and I'm picky). It has gotten to the point that I've got the foods so memorized that I just pick the number of lunches, dinners and snacks that I need (I do all of my breakfasts on my own for the most part) and mix and match according to how I feel that particular day. It also makes it easier to match up your meals to your families if you need to. (I know a number of people will do things like eat the rising crust pizza if the rest of their family wants delivery.)

And regarding the "eating your arm" syndrome, use your free foods. They help alot. I add a huge salad (usually larger than prescribed by the menu)and an extra veggie to every meal ('cept breakfast) to add fiber and bulk to my meals. I also eat a lot of baby carrots and sugar-free jello too (one or two of the cool whips count as a limited free food. just check the nutritionals). And remember that sometimes drinking water when you feel hungry can also help as you could be dehydrated.

Hope this helps,
Dove

kmb73brwr
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Welcome everyone!!

Well, I had my weigh in and couldn't believe that I actually lost. I was so bad when I went to dinner with my dad this weekend and I didn't even exercise to make up for it. I ended up losing 0.8lbs. It's not a lot but I truly thought I would be up 2 or 3 lbs.

I'm having issues with my order I received last week and am waiting for a call back. If someone doesn't call me by this afternoon I will be calling again. I wish if my consultant is still out sick they would stick me with someone as good as her or at the very least quit moving me around to different people. I haven't made any type of connection with any of them and the ones I think I will really like I don't hear from again. Don't get me wrong I love this plan and it is a plan I actually feel like I can do. I'm just really frustrated with them right now. I'm on the verge of switching my membership to one of the Center's but they keep telling me my consultant will be back, so I keep hanging on.

tamfielder- If you get on the website and go to the menu planner and plan a "personalized frozen enhanced" menu it will have drop down boxes for you on each meal and it will tell you F=frozen, T=travel/budget (shelf food). I was on the basic menu the first month but I don't care for the shelf food either. I stick with mostly frozen except for the breakfasts. There are a few shelf foods that I order just to try to save a little money but if I have an extra frozen meal I will eat that before the shelf.

How is everyone else doing?

tamfielder
11-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Dove, you are awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to go through the whole list! It's amazing how much support you can get from a message board... I've never done this before! Well, it's Day 5 and I've managed to stay on JC without ANY cheating... so I'm looking forward to my first weigh-in on Wednesday! Now I just need to get more water down and more walking in. I've also been exploring less expensive, comparable options for JC food. I've printed out and photocopied a lot of nutritional facts labels to go over with the consultant to see if I can substitute anything. Like the Pria 110 Plus bars for JC's Anytime Bars. I was even surprised to find that many of my favorite Lean Cuisine entrees were similar in sodium to JC (chicken with basil cream sauce, glazed chicken, cheese lasagna with chicken breast scallopini, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, and salisbury steak with mac-n-cheese). Many of the Lean Cuisine foods are much higher in sodium, but it turns out that my favorites are similar! Who would have thought? There's also more of the good stuff in Lean Cuisine. Say, didn't Nestle or something by Jenny Craig? Doesn't Nestle own Lean Cuisine? Hmmm. Also, I found that the South Beach breakfast wraps are extremely similar to all the JC egg breakfasts in nutritional info, except that they have over 14 grams of fiber (14!!!--although I've never tried them). I also found that the baked crunchy Cheetos are remarkably similar to Jenny's cheese curls... and the 100-calorie packs of snacks (oreo crisps, nutter butter, and chips ahoy) are comparable to JC snacks. Most of the Weight Watchers desserts are also very comparable to JC desserts. I'm sure when the grocery stores have these brands on sale, it is a lot cheaper than JC. What do you guys think? Have you substituted anything? Have you talked with your consultants about it? I will say, however, that there are a few JC foods so far that I intend to buy regularly and don't think there's a comparable substitute out there in taste (like the cashew chicken... way better than I expected... could have eaten 5 of those!)

Tammy

wntrdove
11-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Tammy-

I ate all of my breakfasts on my own from fairly early on in my program, but that was really the only thing that I substituted. I'd just get cereals that were comparable calorie-wise. Also, eating 6 of the Krustez Silver dollar pancakes (in your freezer isle) and a morningstar sausage pancake is comparable to the silver dollar pancakes. If you want to save on the anytime bars, just get a good multivitamin (the anytime bars are actually a vitamin bar so I don't think the pria bar would really be comparable).

Also, if you have a Whole Foods nearby, there is a 365 brand of crunchy cheese curls that is a lot closer to the jenny's cheese curls. They taste better too IMHO. The baked cheeto's always taste slightly chemical and stale to me, but that's just my opinion.

Kmb-
Congrats on your loss. You're right that 0.8 is moving in the right direction. Getting to goals is the most important thing, no matter how long it takes you. At least that's what helped keep me on track. I just decided I was in no hurry. It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes our bodies don't like to stick to the timetable we're going by in our heads. And if there is any way I can help you so that you can maybe make some better decisions the next time you eat out just let me know. Though I know all too well, sometimes when you eat out, you just want to eat what you want to eat.

Dove

sunshine
11-07-2006, 09:51 PM
I had my weigh-in today and lost another 1.2 lbs. I'm so excited to be in the 160's! It's been many years since I've seen those numbers.

I love 90% of the Jenny Craig food. I've just now started to eat my own cereals for breakfast. Before, it was just easier to open a JC cereal and not have to measure my own but it does save a little $ to buy a box of my own "Spoon Size Shredded Wheat and Bran". Other than that, I buy the rest of my meals from Jenny, unless I'm going out to a restaurant.

I really love this program. I've got a really great consultant and this program is the best one for me. I get side tracked from time to time but I seem to be able to get back on track when I need to.

My center had a tape from the Oprah Winfrey show (where Kirstie came out in a bikini) playing when I went in today. I'm glad because I wasn't able to watch the show yesterday and I wanted to see what Kirstie looked like after having lost 75 big ones!

Congratulations to everyone for eating healthy and hang in there. You don't want to go back to where you were.

hermanita32
11-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone:

Just checking in. I speaking with my consultant tomorrow, I'll weigh myself then and post an update.
I also have new motivation, my mom is wearing all of my old clothes:mad: and I want them back...also my first love/ heartbreak has now moved into my neighborhood with his wife and children and I have to pass the love nest on my way home...how's that for motivation;) I'm not bitter however.

Sunshine: congrats on the weight loss.

Tammy: this is week 2 for me and when I started, I too wanted to cover my arm in cake icing and eat it. I got some great suggestions from the JC group here as well as the JC message board. I love soup -not the creamy potato kind that was in my box from JC-so I made a huge pot of the veggie soup -that's not the correct name but that's what I call it-on Sunday, froze it in little plastic containers and I thaw one out, heat it up and eat it after dinner, keeps me full and I get my veggies in. You'll find something that works for you. Also be sure to post here your good days as well as your not so good days.

Hope everyone else is having a great wek so far.
Wishing everyone strength to meet our goals

H.

tamfielder
11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Alrighty! I'm down 1 lb. this week. I was hoping for a little more since I stuck to the plan exactly. I guess my current visit from Aunt Flow has me a little bloated... perhaps next week will be a better drop after she leaves! I want to thank you for the wonderful initial support, advice and ideas! Now I have my food lists all sorted out... and have substitutions for JC foods/snacks all lined up. I feel much more positive about succeeding now that I've got myself all organized! Yeah!

Say, has anyone tried the low-fat parmesan ranch dressing by Trader Joe's? It's a fantastic substitute!

Katiebobatie
11-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Today was my weigh in day and I lost 6lbs, despite having some popcorn on tuesday at the movie theater :D Here's to another great week for everyone! :carrot:

sunshine
11-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss Katie. Wow...6 lbs. That's terrific.

Tam - your loss of 1 lb. is a great accomplishment considering your Aunt's visit!!! It sounds like you've got everything all planned for success.

Let us know how your weigh-in goes Hermanita!

alexmom2
11-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi I joined JC 4 wks ago and love it. I cook dinner at night though and not the meals due to cooking for my husband. I get all the recipes from on-line and the cookbooks.
I have been trying to find alternatives for my breakfast though due to the prices of the food.
Has anyone tried the WW muffins? Also, you can have English muffins too.
I have been exercising 5x week and that has helped me.
Anyways, I would love to have someone to discuss things with. Anyone interested???
Thanks.

hzrdus7
11-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone. Congrats on all of the weight loss. I have not had a good week for eating or exercise, so I'll be lucky if I didn't gain!! My weigh in is Saturday so I have to be really good tomorrow and hope for the best!

I have tried WW Blueberry muffins....I like them okay. I wouldn't want to eat them every day, but 3 come in a box, so one box a week wouldn't be bad. They are a pretty good size muffin, so they are filling.

chrstna446
11-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've checked in, but I wanted to say a quick hello to eveyone. It seems we have quite a few new posters. I hope to get to know you all better.

I had a 0.4 lb weight loss this last time, which is the smallest lost I've had so far. It had been a very hard week. I had a couple of drinks I shouldn't have, but I must say I skipped the Halloween candy, the office potluck and the office pizza party. So I guess I did pretty well regardless.

This week seems to be a little better, so I hope to post more success later.

Anyway, everone remember to stay focused. We can do this!

sunshine
11-11-2006, 06:14 AM
Good job on the .4 lbs loss Christina. I say any loss is good! Congrats for skipping all of the office food. I know that's a hard thing to do.

Let us know how your weigh-in goes - hzrdus.

I'll be doing a lot of hiking this weekend and enjoying the great fall weather. How is everyone else doing?

soybella716
11-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone! I just thought I would join this area, I've been on JC a few times and never made it to my goal. I have a lifetime membership and I will be starting again tomorrow. This time it seems different and I'm in this for the long road no matter how what.

So here I am and I need all the love and friendships I can get!

tamfielder
11-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Some great websites I found: hungrygirl.com, westernbagel.com, vitalicious.com

tamfielder
11-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Oh, and calorie-count.com (if you want to track your calorie intake... they list all the JC food too... and it's free)

chrstna446
11-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Hello fellow JC-ers.

I just got back from my weigh in and I lost 2.8 lbs. This is my biggest weight lost so far!!:woohoo: This truly makes up for the 0.4 lb. lost last week.

I was fortunate enough not to have as many distractions this week and I hope for the same kind of focus for the next. I'm trying to prepare myself for the holiday ahead.

Welcome to the board Maria. I, too, am a returning member to Jenny Craig. I am a former Weight Watcher, as well. I, like you, have not made it to maintenace on either program, although I've had great success on both. I think that would be my biggest goal is to go all the way.

Everyone, have a great week!:goodvibes

hermanita32
11-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey gang...so glad to see everyone's triumphs :carrot: I weighed in on last Thursday and I lost 1.8 lbs...yay me. As it gets closer to turkeyday, I'm trying to follow my plan to a T so that when the holiday comes I won't get off track.
-Wishing you all motivation and strength to get through the week.
H.

soybella716
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Hello Everyone

I went to the JC center yesterday and got all my food and started today. I weighted in and was down about 4lbs from when I weighted myself about 2 weeks ago, when I began the excercise with out changing my food habits so that was exciting for me.

Today was a little tough, I was kind of hungry after breakfast and by 3pm I felt hungry again even after I ate some veggies so I'm not real sure if that's normal or not. Has anyone else experianced that and if so what did you do that helped you out?

I hope everyone has great week and I look forward to chatting with everyone!

chrstna446
11-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi Maria,

I hope you are still hanging in there. I know the first couple of weeks were tough for me, too. Make sure you are eating all your food and eat as many free foods as possible. Have you tried sugar-free Jello?

After the first couple of weeks I was able to adapt to the food and to the hunger levels.

It will get better!

Christina

tamfielder
11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
FINALLY!!!! I just completed my second week and dropped 3.5 pounds! Aunt Flow packed her bags and left yesterday, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I've been substituting a lot of other foods for JC foods and was concerned that it might affect my weight loss... but it appears to be okay! Yeah! I'm managing to save quite a bundle of cash this way! Anyway, I still need to find the motivation to exercise. I run around with a 2 year old all day and have no energy when he finally naps at 2pm. I'm thinking of getting a pedometer to keep track of my daily steps. I think it might help to actually see the number on the screen so I'll know if I need to get more steps in before the day is over. Does anyone else do this? Is it motivating to see the numbers?

Tammy F.

sunshine
11-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Congratulations to all you "losers"!! I weigh-in tomorrow so I will let you know how I do. I've been pretty good this week with food and exercise so I better have lost something...I'll take anything!

sunshine
11-18-2006, 05:48 AM
I lost 1.4 lbs this week.:cp: Since next week is Thanksgiving, I've decided to not go back to the center until Dec. 1. I got two weeks worth of food to get me through. My goal for my next weigh-in is to hit the 50 lbs lost mark!

There's hiking in my exercise plans for this weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful here this weekend. Hiking just doesn't seem like exercise to me. But it sure does the trick!

chrstna446
11-19-2006, 03:03 PM
:congrat: Great job, Sunshine! You are doing great. I know you will reach your 50 lb. goal.

I dropped another 1.4lbs, taking me to the 20 lb mark. I had made a goal to have lost the 20 lbs. by the end of the month, but it looks like I did it a week early. :D

The lost will help me through the holiday. I won't be hosting Thanksgiving at my house afterall, so that will help insure I won't have any remaining leftovers lurking in my refrigerator and I can be back on track on Friday.

Where is everyone else? I hope you are all doing well. Let us hear from you!

sunshine
11-20-2006, 05:30 AM
WTG Christina and congrats on hitting the 20 lb. mark. That's terrific. Have you been getting a lot of compliments?

chrstna446
11-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Thank you, Sunshine. I have been getting compliments. Last week one of the men in the office noticed. The men are always the last to notice!

hermanita32
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi all:

Congrats, congrats to everyone meeting their goals of losing. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday and determination to stick to our new way of eating during the holiday.

Take care everyone!

campbellredhead
11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Sunshine, you are doing FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
I'm down 37 pounds, with 18 more to go, to goal of 160.
*hugs*
God Bless,
Jenny

sunshine
11-22-2006, 03:20 AM
Thanks Jenny...so are you! HAPPY THANKSGIVING :thanks1:

chrstna446
11-22-2006, 12:54 PM
:thanks2:
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Christina

sunshine
11-27-2006, 05:34 AM
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I certainly did but I definitely ate more than I needed to so today it's back to the program. Friday night I've got my first Christmas party of the season to attend and you know I gotta look good!

sunshine
11-29-2006, 05:26 AM
I've really been sticking to the plan this week. It's really not too hard considering I love the Jenny Craig food. I've also been doing an hour of cardio each night. I weigh-in on Friday morning. What is going on with everyone else?

kmb73brwr
11-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Hello everyone. I hope everyone has been doing great. I've been up and down the past few weeks but I lost. 0.2 lbs this week. I thought it was good considering I have been struggling and having a huge Thanksgiving dinner but apparently my consultant didn't think so. Whatever. I think that any loss no matter how little is still good. Maybe not as well as it should be but I was happy with it. I've been doing really well this week so I'm hoping for a good weigh in next week.

chrstna446
11-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Hello everyone!

Sunshine, you are doing great! You'll look hot on Friday!;)

Kmb, your consultant didn't think that 0.2 lb weight loss wasn't great? :barf: What was she smoking? I showed a 0.6 lb loss and my consultant was as happy as I was. I think that we need to be realistic. I think the key to the holidays is being in control. We should be able to enjoy the things we love in moderation. Will affect our weight loss? Sure. But I know if we were talking about last year, my scale would have shown a gain - not a loss.

So, Kmb, despite what you may have been told, you are a success!:congrat:
Flowers to you!

I'm feeling a little fluffy these days. Although I think I've been pretty good and walked a lot last weekend, the scale doesn't seem to be moving. I know I need to just concentrate on working this program and not to get caught up in the scale. But sometimes the emotional payoff takes over the logical.

tamfielder
12-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, I am happy to report (to my big surprise) that I'm down 1.4 lbs after my weigh-in last week (before the holiday weekend)! I was completely off JC and didn't bring any special food to my in-laws'... I just took small-ish portions of whatever was served throughout the whole weekend (dinner, brunch, leftovers for lunch)... and I even had 8 glasses of wine throughout the weekend... as well as 2 slivers of each pumpkin pie and mud pie (over 2 nights--one of each, each night). I was almost certain that I gained at least a half pound... so this loss is a shocker! Yeah! Now I'm back on program to get ready for the Christmas festivities... bring 'em on!

(down 7.5 lbs. in 4 weeks)