WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatter for November--Turkey

Tina
11-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Hi all,
This group was more talktative than usual last month. Isn't that fantastic!!!!

Anyone new here---please come join us as we try every day to be healthier. We follow the WW plan and we either weigh-in on Thursdays or used to.:D
If for some reason, you do not weigh on Thursdays, you are still welcome here.
We can be a crazy group so come on and join us. :D :) :D

I don't know how long it's going to take me to recover from Halloween. I ate way too much. It's lots of 0 pt. salads and treadmill walking.:tread:
Oh, I changed my tracker thingy. I like the fish.

:flow1:

Tammy
11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Tina, I can't believe how many pages we had for October!! Woo hoo!!! I noticed the new tracker and I like the fish!! I just sat down and wrote out my foods and points for breakfast and lunch today. Now that Tim is back to school, things should be easier at night. Sure was nice having him home though.

Tomorrow I go for bloodwork in the morning, and then I think I'll go to the WW meeting that is close to the hospital. If I weigh in the morning maybe I'll actually have a loss on the scales. lol I'd like to check out that leader anyway because I'll have some Thursday nights that I can't make it to my meeting here in town.

I planned to get my retirement letter typed last night to turn in at school today. Never got around to it, so there's always tonight. They know that I'm leaving the end of February, but I have to make it official with a letter.

Have a great day everyone!!

mslee514
11-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Well Happy November to everyone.
Suprisingly enough, I did not eat any candy yesterday and even had one point to spare. I think Thanksgiving will be hard for me though. I love my moms turkey and stuffing. I will just save up all my points for that day for dinner.
Well this is the time of year I start baking. I have to go to the abandoned pumpkin patch to get my pumpkin to start making fresh pumpkin pie. I think I figured it to be about 5 points a slice. I still have to figure out my cheesecake. I may not be able to cook but I sure can bake. Thats why I look the way I do.
I did not get to see my grandson yesterday. I got out of church to late. In case you are wondering, my grandson Angelo is my husbands step-daughters son and when I marred Patrick, he became MY grandson. He calls me "ME Maw". I love the little booger like my own. I did wish I could have seen him last night. Oh well, I will be getting him this weekend for the Flap Jack festival in Land O' Lakes. It is just a carnival for the kids done every year.
I hope everyone has a great day.:wave:

Tina
11-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Me again, :D
I found a great 30 min. treadmill workout in Family Circle. It's in the Novermber 1st issue. You'll probably need to get a copy pretty soon---before they put out the Christmas edition. :lol:
I did it yesterday and was really sweating when I finished. Surely that got rid of the large piece of pumkpin pie and whipped cream.

Leeann, I love to bake, also. Would you share your pumpkin pie recipe, please!
Tammy, I'm astounded that Tim has earned enough credits to be a Soph. Great! Good luck with your blood work. I hope you like that WW leader. I'm going to try the Friday meeting because I wasn't impressed with the Thurs. one.

If I don't call someone by name in my post, that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you and hoping you are doing great OP.;)

dazzleberry
11-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Hello Everyone!!! :wave:

I have done WW many times and been a member of 3fc for years (haven't posted recently). It's been about 3 months since I was forced to quit WW meetings due to finances. I knew I had gained some but when I weighed over the weekend, I nearly fainted.:stress: I weighed more than I ever have in my entire life!!! :mad: I can't believe it!

When I came back to 3fc I can't seem to remember what username or password I used and over the years I have changed my email addys, so I decided to start fresh and new.

I would like to join your group if you will let me. I need someone to make me accountable and give me support and encouragement.

Thanks,

mslee514
11-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Welcome Dazzleberry. I am new to this group also and I can tell you this bunch is the best. Everyone here is great and very supportive. Great job on the 2lbs. Just keep your chin up and know that you are not alone. We all will help you the best we can. Oh yeah, I see you are from Texas, well from what I can tell, you are at home in this group. I myself live in Sunny Tampa Florida.
Again welcome and I will keep you in my daily prayers.

dazzleberry
11-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Thank you so much Leeann!!! I see on your stats that you have lost four lbs. Congratulations!!!

Look forward to getting to know everyone. Cya soon.

Tammy
11-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Leeann, I have 2 step-grandsons that I rarely see. I'd love to be a part of their lives, but I think that my husband and his son need to get their acts together first. I don't do much baking, only my grandma's sugar cookie recipe. I love them too much!! I used the Splenda blend last year, and they were just as good as using all sugar. I used to make fudge every year, but since my parents are gone, I just don't want to. I used to make it for them. I also haven't made a pumpkin pie since Bob's dad passed away in 1993. He kept saying he couldn't wait to get out of the hospital for Thanksgiving to have my pumpkin pie. He never came home, and I've never made a pie. Just can't do it.

Tina, I used to subscribe to Family Circle but I don't anymore. Good for you for getting a good workout! Hope you like the Friday WW leader. You could always come up here on Thursday nights and go with me!!! Brilliant idea???
Since Tim took those college classes when he was a senior last year, he earned 18 credit hours! The best thing was, we didn't have to pay for them!!

Welcome Dazzle!!! The more the merrier in this group!!! We'll be right here for you for support. I love being part of this group, and I hope you will learn to love it too. Be good to yourself, take one day at a time. We are all in this together. I have a ways to go to my goal too, but I'm doing it in 10 pound increments. I can see progress more often that way. lol I just rejoined WW a couple weeks ago, so I am getting back into the tracking of foods and points.

Off day tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. I am so glad that I decided to do the every other day thing. I can't believe how much better I feel (except for this silly cold).

Hello to everyone!!

Mom4kids
11-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Happy November :turkey:

Had a decent birthday. I dressed as a witch, same as my daughter.She looked way cuter of course. I did her make up to match mine. She was so proud. I ate one candy. My friends sang happy birthday and gave me a ghost cupcake with a candle. I ate it. It was gooood. It was 2 billion points. I haven't exercised either. (DH has big inspection this week, I am afraid to go out in the dark alone to run.) So the cupcake will show. :eek:

Welcome Dazzleberry! Congrats on your great start to weightloss!

I know there is a WW pumkin pie recipe, I will find it and make it.

I am super tired. I could have sworn I already posted this stuff today. I am going to a cardiologist tomorrow. Don't know what to expect. Am interested to see if he says anything about my weight.

Tammy
11-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Dee, I had a cupcake that had that many points too!! But wasn't it yummy???
Did you take pictures of you and your daughter? I'd love to see them. Let us know what the doctor says.

I have no idea why I am not in bed. I just keep finding things to do. Since I know I don't have to go to school tomorrow, I guess I think I can stay up later. I'll regret it when Kramer comes in at the buttcrack of dawn though.

dazzleberry
11-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! :wave:

Thanks so much for all the welcomes!! You make a girl feel good.
:goodvibes Thanks. I'm just waking up with my :coffee2:

Tammy ~ Your idea of 10lb increments is a great one. I am doing that too. I have to see some results or I lose hope.

Dee~ Hope everything goes well with the cardiologist. Let us know.

Leeann ~ Thanks again for your prayers,
I sure need them.

I have been overweight all my life. I'm 45, married, with two DD (19,9). I have been a nurse for 20 years and then had to have neck surgery in May and lost my job due to the lifting restrictions. About the same time my knees got to killin' me and was told my cartrilages are shot. Then the Dr told me no more floor nursing. Haven't been able to find anything else in this remote area. Then last week was told that I probably have a ruptured disk in my lower back. My finances are shot after 6 months and I can't seem to find a job I can do. I am very limited as to any exercise I can do. Can do aqua :swim: related exercises but don't have a heated pool around this area. So, I'm trying to control the things I can. Trying to lose weight, started a jewelry business, which has not taken off very well. Oh, everyone loves the jewelry, but no one has any money. *sigh* Anyway, that's all about me in a nutshell.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Thursday!!!!

Tina
11-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Good morning,
Well, if you go to the weigh-in thread (Nov.), you'll see that I lost 3.5 pounds this week. I'm soooooo thrilled. I got off that vacation poundage. This new dr. I went to told me that most women couldn't stay on a healthy eating regimen, much less exercise. I looked him in the eyes and told him that HE didn't know me. :lol:
I go back in 6 mos. I can't wait to "show him."

Dazzle, it's so nice to meet you. I've been on 3fatchicks for a long time. I made WW Lifetime in '92 but gained. My metabolism is trying its best to keep me at my present weight.

This is a short reply today because it's time to treadmill.
Later.....

mslee514
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Tina Great Loss:bravo:
Dazzel maybe you can try looking into the medical insurance industry. They are always looking for nurses. I work for WellCare and love it.
Tammy and Dee, don't feel bad about one cupcake. Just remember don't go back for 2nds.
Tammy, baking will heal the heart. You did it out of love when your parents were alive so why don't you do it in memory of them. Then maybe you can donate what you bake to a local food shelter. I am sure it will bring that Joy back to you and it will bring smiles:smug: to others.
Well I have not weighed in yet. I go at noon. I don't feel like I lost much but as long as it is something I will be happy. So happy Thursday to all and I will let you know how I did.

Tammy
11-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Dazzle, I do water aerobics at the Y two nights a week. My rheumatologist recommended it for my arthritis and fibromyalgia. It feels so good when I'm there. Then we all jump in the hottub afterwards. Just remember to take one day at a time, and we are all in this together!! Someday we are all going to get together for a slumber party. Won't we have a blast???

Tina, lol to you and the doctor!! You are one tough cookie!! (a low point cookie of course!) Good job on 3.5! I posted to you over there too.

Leeann, that's a good idea about the medical insurance industry. Dazzle, would that be something you could check into?

At the WW meeting this morning, we were talking about making goodies and giving them as gifts to nursing homes, shelters, etc. I was thinking about the fudge and the pumpkin pie while the leader was talking. Amazing how things happen like that, isn't it? A Godincident?

Beautiful sunshine here today, BUT the wind is blowing, and it is about 27 degrees. Not ready for this!!!!!

mslee514
11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Well I am a loser today. I lost 2 Pounds. It is beautiful here, I think the high is 78. Love this Florida weather. A slumber party would be a blast. Today is just a great day... I did not feel like I lost anything and when she said I did it felt so good. I thank all of you for your support.

Tammy
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Leeann, isn't it a great group? You and Dee are both in Florida, then we have the Texas crew, then there are those of us out here in never-never land. Good for you on the 2 pounds!

After I did my bloodwork and went to the meeting, I went to Wendy's with my handy-dandy fast food guide. Since I hadn't eaten breakfast because of the blood test, I ordered a small chili and a baked potato with sour cream. I didn't finish either one, but I still wrote down all the points anyway. I'm planning to go to the night time meeting here in town tonight, because I received the exercise slider thingy, and I have some questions about the walking that I do during the day. I don't walk for a certain length of time some days, but I wear my pedometer and aim for at least 3 miles a day. I don't know if that would count for extra points or not. The principal told me he is going to get me a skateboard to go back and forth from 5th to 3rd to 5th to 3rd and back to 5th at the end of the day. I'm getting too old for this!! I also need a cart to haul things. I'm carrying a Rubbermaid container, and some days it gets too heavy. It's better though since I had those injections last week. (Amen to that!!)

Off to the post office, the vet, and the grocery.
bob is doing leaves again at the other house. My dad never should have planted all of those trees!!!! We thought we'd have the house sold by now and wouldn't have to do it this year. He spent a few hours there yesterday. Trying to keep up with it since we got behind last year.

Mom4kids
11-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Went to the cardiologist. He drew blood, ekg, echo, urine. I have a halter monitor on, I go back tomorrow to take it off and do a stress test. He did see a few things on the echo, he wants to wait on the lab results and the halter test. Then I have a few other tests to do. He won't fdiagnose the problem right away. I weighed in at 165 :yikes: I won't count that weight, nor will I weigh in tonite with this monitor on. He told me to lose weight. Really? That is a shocker. I told him I am a WW. He told me will wait for the results before he changes my tactics. I may need a cardiac diet.(??) That should be interesting. So I guess I just wait.

I am happy for all of you, you are doing great. Everyone with a loss so far. :carrot: Keep up the fantabulous work!!!!!

Tammy
11-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Dee, I had a stress test last year I think. Is it the treadmill test? Advice if it is. Hang on tight!! They kept raising the angle, and I got the giggles because I was having trouble hanging on. I don't know how accurate the results of my test were. Take care and keep us posted on what he says. Prayers are with you!!
And remember, you have already lost quite a bit of weight, so you are doing great too!!

Just talked to Tim. The band is leaving in the morning for Michigan. They'll play at a high school football game tomorrow night, then they'll play at the Ball State/Michigan game on Saturday. Michigan is ranked #2 in the nation, and Ball State has only won a few games this season. It won't be pretty. As David Letterman put it, Michigan stadium holds 107,000 people (or something like that) and Ball State plays in some old lady's backyard. He is a Ball State graduate, so I guess he can pick on it. lol

Tina
11-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Susan, where are you!!!???!!!

Tammy
11-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I've wondered the same thing about Susan. Hope things are ok.

I really like that fish!! He's glubbing right along, isn't he?

I found some materials from when I joined Curves in Nov. 2002. Even with gaining some pounds when I went on one of the meds for the fibro, I am still down 36 pounds from then. In my mind I have gained back all of it, but I know that I haven't because of the clothes. I'll have to check out my picture on the photo thread, because I think that picture was in Dec. of 2002.
I guess I should send an updated one some day.

I emptied 16 hangers from my closet today. I went through and found things that I really never wear, so I loaded them up and took them to the consignment shop. Also took 2 winter coats, one short and one long. Found some sweaters to take too. Of course while I was there I bought a Christmas sweatshirt ($6) and a purple t-shirt ($2).

Tammy
11-02-2006, 11:01 PM
I checked the picture, and the date is 2004, so that was taken in 2003. I just looked at the stuff again, and it was 2003. I'm messed up. Hard to believe? So since Nov. of 2003, I am still down 36 pounds. I need to keep reminding myself of that when I get bummed. I know the weight loss will slow down and probably come to a halt since the first couple of weeks are gone. I'm still going to move my butterfly if I have a loss during the week though. Motivation. I'll smack it when I gain.

I need to go to bed!

dazzleberry
11-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Good Mornin' Everyone!!

Thank you all very much for the invite to stay.

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. Had 101 things to get done including a trip to Wally world to get groceries. And that always wears me totally out by the time I get everything put up. We have a grocery store here in our small town but no one can afford it. It's about double Walmart. :yikes:
Congratulations :bravo:to Leeann, Tina and anyone else that has a lost!!! It is so awesome to have a loss!!! :D
Dee ~ Prayers going up for you and the "heart". The stress test is an echo with you on the treadmill. I hate them but I hate a chemical stress test worse, which is where you lie on the table like for an echo and they inject you with meds to speed up your heart to 150-170 bpm (beats per minute). Now that to me is torture. The regular stress test is much better. Hang in there.
Tammy ~ Your water aerobics :swim: sound wonderful but the closest town that would have something like that is 1 1/2 hrs away. UGH!! We live in a remote area. Leeann ~ Tell me more about Wellcare. I'm just an LVN and didn't know insurance companies would employ them.

Tina ~ Don't you just want to slap Drs that say that. A few years ago I was sent to a cardiologist 4 hours away for a second opinion. He told me I needed to lose weight. I told him that I knew that and asked him, can you tell me the best way to lose weight safely that won't make my heart condition worse? He said, " wire your mouth shut, lock yourself in a closet, whatever works" Well, I started to cry, and then he said, " Looks like you also have depression" Well, I could have hurt him. My DH just guided me out of his office and I never went back.
Well, ladies I have lots to do. I will CBL. Have a GOOD FRIDAY and a FABULOUS weekend!!!!

Tina
11-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Good Friday to all,
Dazzle, That's something about that doctor you went to. Yuck!
If you don't mind me asking, what part of TX are you from? My husband grew up in Abilene, TX.

Tammy, I weighed this morning and was down another pound!!! :D I am not going to change my "fish" until next week. I like to add them up. You are doing great, in case I haven't said it enough. ;)

Maureen, where are you???? Where are all our friends?

dazzleberry
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey Tina ~

Wow!! It's a small world. We live southeast of Abilene about 75 miles. Abilene is where I would have to go to do aqua exercises. And the Cardiologist that was so mean is in Lubbock.

:congrat: on another pound!!! Yay!! I'm doing the happy dance myself. I was down another 1/2 lb this morning. YAY!! :dance:

GoddessInclined
11-03-2006, 02:50 PM
::uses the Tazer on Dazzle's heartless cardiologist::

Really, how rude! Did he try to prescribe anti-depressants right away, too?

Hello, I'm Jody, but I answer to Goddess. :) I'm in sunny and chilly Minnesota and have a 12-year-old son who is dragging me kicking and screaming through the joys of puberty. I began WW on 1-2-03, and lost 47 lbs (at one point) but am back to within 20 lbs of original start weight. Boo!

But...I'm working on getting back on track....

Tina
11-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Jody, haven't "seen" you in a few days. Are you freezing up there yet? It's actually cold here. For this, we wear slacks, long sleeves and sandals. Hey, we have to show our painted toenails. :lol:

I'm not drinking my water today.:o I hope everyone else is having better luck.

Tammy
11-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Dazzle, I can relate to getting worn out by going to Wal Mart. I don't know if it's the shopping or the running into people and standing and talking forever that wears me out. lol I don't think I'd want to drive that far for an aerobics class. Sure wish there was someplace closer to you. I think I would have smacked that doctor!! Congrats on the 1/2 pound!! Every little bit helps, right??

Tina, way to go on the pound!!!! I feel so weird this time with WW because I've never lost so much so fast. When I've done it before, I've only lost a couple of pounds a week even the first two weeks. It just seems different this time. I did stop taking one of my medicines, so that might be helping. Not sure what the doctor will say on Wed., but right now I am not having any additional pain by not taking it.

Jody, I'm glad I'm in the southern state of Ohio (compared to MN)!!! Isn't puberty so much fun?????

I did pretty good on the water today, and I was doing great on the points. We were going to have hamburgers and salad for supper. I planned a tossed salad, but Bob went to the local grocery and bought some of their absolutely yummy potato salad. I could have crowned him, but I ate some and wrote down the gazillion points that it cost me. Jeez!!!

Tim called before the band left this morning. He was so excited about the trip. It's supposed to be nice weather, so I'm sure they'll have a good time.
Wish I was going, but I'd rather stay here in the house where it's warmer.

auntie
11-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Howdy Folks,
Well, I did it again..... a new month starts and I forget. I think as the months go by I'm losing my memory. :) Actually, lots has been going on....

Welcome to the group Dazzle! Yes, this is a great group. I'm Susan and I'm just north of Dallas. I'm 44 and am a deaf ed teacher. I think that pretty much sums it up. Oh and if Lil Sis EVER writes anything, that's my little sister Amy in San Antonio.

Tammy, thanks for the email my friend! I'm glad Tim was home. I know ya'll all enjoyed it. Did you get that letter written? Or do you need me to write it for you? I would be more than happy to do that :)

JOOOOOOOOODY, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Us Texas girls are still going barefoot and wearing shorts. I would freeze where you are! :D We've been missing ya!

Dee, Let us know what the cardiologist says? You know if he is mean we will come take care of him for ya! Won't we Tammy and Tina?

Tina, did it cool down? I actually wore sleeves today.

Welll, here is the scoop..... remember my daddy fell then was in the hospital..... his leg still hurts (they told him it was a cyst and would have to be drained) the MRI shows a fractured knee cap and probably surgery. Then he has to have "man" surgery. The doctor told him that his heart was good for his age and he was strong enough to go through it. My sisters have both called and said "you might want to come home because his spirits are low". So as much as I hate to travel over Thanksgiving, I'm going down. I've given mom and dad orders, I'm in charge of the plans..... that the kids will do the cooking. My oldest brother will do the turkey and the girls will do the rest. I'm obviously the bossy sister so I give the orders :D HaHaHa!!! Just ask them and they will tell you.

I'm still working out with my trainer. I don't think I've lost anything yet, but he tells me to be patient!!!! He promises it will come off. The nutritionist told me with thyroid problems it will start but just at a slower rate. If I go any slower, I'd be going backwards. I'm just ready for a loss.
I do feel much better and can tell I'm firming up.

You guys are the best!!!!!!

Mom4kids
11-03-2006, 11:15 PM
You guys are doing great! I am going to try the Dr.'s diet plan. After all, can it hurt? I am not losing now, so if it does nothing, I lose nothing (is that a pun?)

So far so good on my test results. I have some PVC's but they are not close enough together to worry about them. I also have bradycardia, (sloooow heartrate). Apparently because my HR is so low that when it kicks up a few notches it is noticeable. I hit the button on the halter whenever I thought I had a flutter or palpitation and it coincided with the PVC's and fast heartbeats. I also have mitral valve and tricusbid valve insufficiency, or small leaks. He's not worried about that either, I just have to take antibiotics before dental work.:dizzy: He found a nodule on my thyroid that we will be testing further. All in all, he said I had a nicely functioning heart. :D

I am currently not taking any meds. I am going au natural. I am going to try to get by on changing my diet as he has suggested and go from there.

It isn't cold here, bless your hearts, I really feel for you, and it is only the beginning of winter.

I looked for pics of me to put on your thread, but I do all the picturetaking, I couldn't really find any except some face shots and some from Iraq. The Iraq picture don't show me at my true now weight.

I have to work this weekend. If I am scarce, you know why. I will be back soon.;)

auntie
11-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Dee,
What is the dr's diet?
Susan

Tammy
11-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Susan, you are most welcome for that email!!! I have the letter typed, but I'm not sure it's exactly like I want it. Besides saying that I'm retiring, I put in how much time I've spent in that school district. I went there from Kindergarten all the way through high school, did observations there during college, subbed there a semester, and then I've taught there for 30 years. Some of the board members don't know anything about us, and I want them to know. Not sure why I do though.

I think going to be with your parents is a great idea. Maybe I'll just come too! Then I can help you boss people around.

Dee, tell the doctor that when you come to Ohio, I'll help you behave. lol It's silly but I was already thinking that we could go out to eat while you are here and we could go to Applebees since they have those WW dinners!!! Am I planning ahead or what???

I'm having another one of my lazy days. The cold and fibro aches are getting to me. I have things at church tonight and tomorrow afternoon, but I may not be able to get there.

Tina
11-04-2006, 06:01 PM
It's a great Saturday!
Tammy, I think you letter sounds great. This is your last "statement" and you should go out with a bang! :lol: Let them know how good you are.
Take care and don't do too much.

Susan, I'm so sorry about your dad. However, I have a good feeling that everything will go well.

Hope everyone has good results with all the test results. It seems like most of us have been to a doctor recently. Is it catching! :o

How is everyone doing OP today. I am not counting pts. but am doing good.
I need help here---how many pts are in a McD's little sundae? I just had one. :D

Tammy
11-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Tina, a strawberry sundae is 6 points. Hot fudge and caramel are 7. Isn't it sad that I know those? lol We've just snacked off and on all day today. No real meals. I need to sit down and finalize my points for the day, but I know I wasn't doing terrible.

Tim called after the football game today. Michigan beat Ball State 34-26. I was shocked that Ball State even scored! Sounds like it was a great game, and that it made Michigan a little nervous. They play Ohio State in a couple weeks, so they need to do better than today. Tim did wear his Michigan t-shirt under his Ball State band uniform. The director saw it and just laughed.

Tina
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the sundae points.
All week, I've been only using 20 pts. each day. Today I blew it out of the water. Good thing I have my flex points.
Tomorrow after church, we're going out with friends to a Chinese buffet . I will be very good. :D
I think I'll eat yogurt for breakfast.

Tammy
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
I love Chinese! Did you have anything yummy? Bob had lunch ready when I got home from church. It was delicious, but it was more points than I wanted to use. He made tenderloin, boiled potatoes, gravy, beets, and mixed fruit. I had a little of everything. I told him that I really don't want to be eating like that very often. Hope he understands.

Amen to the flex points! I used some already this week, and I'm allowed a gazillion points each day.

Well, Tim called again. Not in a good mood this time. When they got back to school last night, he didn't have his room key. He thinks it might have fallen out of his pocket on the bus. He has a message in to the band director and hopefully they can notify the bus company. Apparently he isn't the only one who lost/left something on the bus. Good thing his roommate was home last night when they got back.

Conferences after school tomorrow. The 5th grade does theirs different. They have the kids in charge. The teachers are just there to answer specific questions while the students go through folders of their work, etc. I think I can handle that. I'm sure there won't be many questions for me, but I'll be there just to save a sick day. I keep thinking of the severence pay at the end for the sick days that I don't use. We get paid for 1/4 of them. Not a lot, but better than nothing.

Tina
11-05-2006, 10:31 PM
The Chinese buffet was great. I was very good. (I did eat one egg roll.) Everything else I ate looked very healthy. :D
We hadn't been out with these people in ages and we talked more than we ate, which was good for the waist.

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold--not good.
Also, our scales have stopped working. They are from Hammacher Schlemmer. We called them and they're mailing us another, we'll then mail this back. Great company. But in the mean time, I can't see how much I'm losing every day. I know, I know, I'm not supposed to weigh every day.

Tammy, I hope the conferences go well.
How is everyone feeling?????

Tammy
11-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I love egg rolls. My downfall when I eat Chinese. I met a couple friends tonight at McDonalds just to chat. We were there for 2 hours! I had the fruit and walnut salad. I weigh every day too.

We usually have Thanksgiving at our house for my brothers and families. This year, we will be going to my brother's house. I'm in charge of deviled eggs (as always!!), a side dish, and a dessert. I think I'm going to go the healthy route for the side and dessert. Wonder if anyone will notice? I may have to look up some recipes.

dazzleberry
11-06-2006, 10:35 AM
:wave:Good Mornin' Everyone!! :wave:

Sorry I didn't get to post over the weekend. I have one of those DH that thinks when he is home, I should be at his side and not on the 'puter. :comp: So, it happens most weekends. We've been married almost 21 years and it gets worse every year. I can't imagine what it could be like in another 21 years. LOL But, I'm smiling:D this mornin' DH needs to lose weight as much as I do and he said last night that he will get DD1 to help him move the :tread: back where he can use it. Yay!! I made him watch the "You:On a Diet" on Oprah Thursday and then Friday night on Disc Health. I think it really was a wake up call.

Thanks so much to each one of you for the fabulous welcome. :grouphug: I ate pretty good over the weekend but am having that TOM so have some extra fluid on my body. Hopefully it will be gone by Thursday.

Tina ~ did you read about Abilene in my post??

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT OP Monday!!!

Remember:
1)Write what you bite
2)Drink your water
3)Move, move, move....
4)Plan your meals ahead and keep quick healthy snacks on hand.

Cya later!

Mom4kids
11-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Tina, I love chinese food. Especially chinese veggies. I would loved to have gone with you!;)

The doctor wants me to basically go 'no carbs'. Based on my test results, my low bp/hr, my kidneys and my intestinal issues, he wants me to forget blatant carbs and starches like bread, potatoes, pasta, rice. He wants me to eat fish, chicken, lean beef, veggies. He wants me to have the natural carbs that are in veggies. I can eat beans. Just for a few weeks. He wants me to clean out my system... so to speak. I am going to try it. What the heck, I can't lose. He is monitoring me, and I wasn't losing anyways. He has a plan for me. No running, just walking too.

My weekend was looooong. DH and I both had to work. I am off today and kept my 4 yr old home to hang out. We are going to do some errands.

Tammy,
When I get to Ohio, we can eat, shop, and see some sights. (applebee's cooks alot of good food!)

Susan,
Sorry about your dad's knee, and his 'man' surgery. Thanksgiving with your family sounds like fun, maybe that is just what your dad needs.

Jody, I have a 13 y/o and 12 y/o doing the same to me, God bless you.

Dazzle,
75 miles to aquaaerobics is toooooo much. I'd have to have pool put in my yard.

mslee514
11-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Happy Monday to all.:dizzy: Sorry I vanished this weekend.
Tammy: If i was to clean out my closet I would have nothing to wear. I did try on one of my new outfits and it almost fits. I can't wait.

Dazzle: I don't know what medical insurance companys are in your area. You can probably do a search online to see. WellCare is a Medicaid/Medicare HMO and we service Florida, New York, Connecticut, Louisiana, Indiana, Illinois, Mossouri, Georgia and from what I now hear we are picking up Ohio in December. I work in the Tampa office. It is great.

Goddess: Be glad you have a boy. I have two Teenage Girls who know everything and keep me on my toes.

Susan: Sorry about your dad. But You go girl and take charge of Thanksgiving. I'm sure everything will turn out great.

Dee: Where in Florida are you??? I did the no carb thing and I lost alot but once you get off of it you gain back quickly. So make sure to switch back slowly to WW and I know you will be fine.

Tina: I am a weird one. I love chineese food but hate veggies. I am making my self eat them because I know I have to but YUCK!

Ok to catch all of you up on my weekend. Take a seat and refill your coffee or diet pepsi:
Friday I went for not one but THREE MRI's. My hip, shoulder and wrist. I will never do that again. My hip hurst worse now. I also now have a sinus infection and I thing it is because of the MRI's. See I never sit still. I am always fidigiting and for the MRI's I had to lay still for 3 hours. Well by time it was done my sinus were just going crazy...:dizzy: I think my body took attack on me for being still. I don't even lay still when I sleep. So Friday night I took Patrick(my hubby) to Lakeland to eat at Texas Cattle Co. we shared a 16oz Porterhouse steak, some bread and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I did not count points this weekend. Then from there I took him to see Transciberan Orchestra. If you never heard of them you don't know what you have been missing. They give basic christmas music a bit of a rock twist along with laser lights. It was great. Besides feeling miserable It was a great night.
Well saturday I got my grandson Angelo and I took him and Emilie(my 13yo daughter) to Land O' Lakes to the annual Flap Jack Festival. It was a beautiful day but again my sinuses were killing me. Emilie ditched me for her friends as soon as we got there around 10:45 and just kept checking in through out the day. So it was basicly just me and Angelo. We left there around 5:30. The only thing I ate Saturday was 1/2 a sausage and onion sandwich.
Sunday, I rolled out of bed to go to church. Now running a fever about 100*. I love church, always feel better when I am there. We didn't go out to lunch like we normally do because I was not feeling well. So I picked up my girls some Checkers, and Angelo went to a birthday with him mom and I went to sleep. I did eat 1/2 a KFC mashed pototato bowl. I did not drink much.
Well that brings me up to today. Kristi(my 17yo) tells me she is now feeling sick and it is all my fault. She always seems to be sick. I have to watch her because she is so skinnie(dont know where she gets it from: she is a size 00) so if she don't eat I have to take her to the doctor. Emma is complaining of side pains and her dad is going to take her to the doctor. I tend to not take care of myself because I am to conserned about taking care of my family.
Today I feel depressed and I don't know why. I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep for a week.
When I get sick I tend not to eat and I know if I don't eat I wont lose much so I am forcing myself to eat some Tomato Soup. I go for a follow up on my Shoulder and Wrist on Friday and still going through Physical Therapy on my shoulder 3 times a week. I need a vacation...:?:
Well I guess I bored you gals enough. Talk to you later.

Tina
11-06-2006, 04:08 PM
This is a talkative Monday. I'm so glad.
I do wish we'd hear from Sis, Maureen, and Amy. Y'all have been silent for much too long!
Dazzle, yes I read that you live near Abilene. I've been trying to figure out exactly where you do live. :^:
Dee, I'll have to tell everyone next time I'm going for Chinese.
Leeann, I'm sorry you've been depressed today. It sounds like you had quite a time with 3 MRI's. I've never even had one and don't want to. I hope your family doesn't get sick.
Tammy, I'm glad Tim had such a good time at the game.
Susan, send your trainer down here. I could use a few sessions.

A couple of years ago, I bought my husband a home blood pressure machine. He never used it. Well, today I tried it out myself. I never could find the artery above my elbow where you're supposed to put the thingy. Does anyone do it at home?
:thanks2:

Mom4kids
11-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Tina,
Your brachial artery is just above the bend of your arm. Hold your arm palm up straight out in front of you, look at the bend/crease of your arm. About a finger and a half above the crease on the inside toward your body is the artery. Is that clear as mud?

Leeann-I live in Homestead.

Tammy
11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Dazzle, we've been married 25 years. I'm usually on the computer, and he watches TV. He has lost some weight recently, but the doctor wants him to lose more. He has been so busy at our old house taking care of all of the leaves, and he hasn't been going to the Y like he was for a while.

Dee, glad you had a day off after working over the weekend! I'm looking forward to meeting you!!

Leeann, I agree about the lowcarb thing. I know several who gained weight when they added carbs back into their diets. Have to be very careful with it. MRI's are a pain. I have had two, and I didn't like it at all. I can't stand to be in a closed area, so it wasn't a fun experience. My husband falls asleep during them!!! Sounds like a jackhammer going off, and he falls asleep!! Your meal sounds delicious. I hope you are feeling better!!

Tina, it is talkative!! We have a BP monitor. I take mine every now and then. I took it in to the doctor's office and compared my readings with their readings to make sure it was working like it should.

Long day with conferences. They all went very well. Quite a few parents mentioned how much better I look this year. More relaxed, less pain. Going 3 days makes a difference. Also knowing that I am now down to 70 days!! lol My letter is turned in to the superintendent. Woo hoo!!

Mom4kids
11-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Twenty five years? That is pretty awesome these days. Congrats Tammy!

DH and I are on #7, sometimes it seems like 25. LOL!

Attempting the 'no carb' thing. It is alot harder than I thought. I had to get on some websites to get meal ideas. Funny thing, I've cooked plenty of no/low carb meals. Now when I am doing this for real, can't think of a darn thing.

Kids were off today-teacher planning day, and they will be off Friday too. Kind of made it hard to work this week. Tomorrow they will be at school and I can do whatever I want. That's such a nice thought, but there are mounds of laundry and lots of cleaning to be done.

It was quiet here today, where is everyone? Voting?:D

dazzleberry
11-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Happy Humpday to ALL!!! :wave:

I have to share a devotional with you from www.crosswalk.com

1 Thessalonians 3:9
"For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God."

Gail wished she could do more for Mrs. Cooper. One night Mrs. Cooper had passed by her apartment and heard Gail crying. She stopped to see if there was anything she could do to help. Gail told her about her diet and how hard it was. Mrs. Cooper had been very sympathetic, and had spent many hours with her since. She helped take Gail's mind off food. Gail really felt strongly that she wouldn't have made it through the diet without Mrs. Cooper. We have someone who will listen to us when things get to be too much for us. That someone is God, and we can be thankful that He is ever with us, ready to listen to the concerns of our hearts.

Today's thought: Let your praises to God be louder than the grumblings of your stomach!

Let us give thanks! :thanks2: Wow!!! Praise the Lord!! Isn't that so encouraging?!?

I seem to be an every other day poster. LOL I had to go out of town yesterday to get supplies. As part of you know, I'm a nurse and have been for 20 years but due to health issues have been told to either get an office job or another line of work. So, I have always loved crafting and been making jewelry on the side for years so this year I have made it into a business. I have craft shows the next three weekends, so I'm a busy little bee. Well, I've never been little so maybe I should reword that. LOL

I have been staying OP this week but having trouble getting my water in. Yesterday with all my running it was hopeless. I'll do better today since I will be home and working.

DH announced the other day that we will be going home for Christmas :wreath: Yippee!!! I'm originally from TN and haven't been home since 2001. My parents are gone but have a sister, brother and DH's sister and all their families.

Well, gotta get busy. Will CBL. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!
:balloons: :flow2: :cheer2: :flow1: :carrot:

Tina
11-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Greetings,
I wrote a long post yesterday but one of those "pop-ups" came onto the screen. It wouldn't just go away without clicking on it to look at it. I was NOT going to do that. Finally, I had to abort the whole thing. :(

No time for a long one this morning. I have my ob/gyn visit in an hour. Thrill! not.... My original dr. had to retire because an auto accident hurt his arm. The ob/gyn that took over isn't "my cup of tea." He walks in talking and won't shut up. You have to almost yell out to get to ask him something. Why oh why would he act that way????
Maybe he thinks this puts you at ease. It just so frustrating.

Talk to y'all later.

dazzleberry
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Mornin' Tina ~ Hope your annual visit goes well, as well as it can. :rolleyes:
It sure is quiet around here today. Guess everyone is busy. :tread: :book2: :stir: :running: :exercise: :frypan:

Tina
11-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I made it through my exam! :carrot: (Next month I have my mammogram.)
Dee, thanks for the information about the artery in my arm. Some day I'll try again to take my bp. :D
Dazzle, yes, I read about you living near Abilene. I've been trying to figure out where you do live. :lol: It's great you get to go see your family during the holidays.
Susan, how is your dad doing? How are you doing, my friend?
Sis, are you still reading and not posting!! Maureen, let us hear from ya.
Jody, what's up with you???
Tammy, isn't this your day off? I hope you're treating yourself with something nice---sleep, maybe.

I'm going to treat myself this afternoon with something from Starbuck's. Hey, I can use some of my flex points.

mslee514
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Happy Wednesday to you all. I am still battling a sinus infection but on the plus side, food don't taste so good, so I am not so hungry. I hope I loose something tomorrow.
Tina-good luck on the mammo. They are no fun either. I used to have to get one every 6 months but finally graduated to only having them yearly.
Dazzle- thank you so much for the devotion. You are so true when you said that we are never alone. I actually have a "Prayer Closet". It is a closet that has a rocking chair, soft instrumental music, soft light and a fan that I can go into and get away from the world. Maybe one day if any of ya'll come to Tampa, you can come and see it. It is my favorite place.
Well I hope everyone is a loser tomorrow. I am glad to finally have some friends that I can talk to.

Tina
11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Leeann, I'm so sorry about your sinus infection. Not being hungry is a plus, though. :D
Take care of yourself.

Mom4kids
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I am not going back to the WW meeting. Since I am currently following the Dr.'s advice. But I will still weigh in at home on Thurs.

Hope this works.

Leeann, sorry about your sinus infection. Hope your better super quick.

Tina,
Why don't you find a new GYN? You shouldn't put up with someone that makes you uncomfortable. My OB/Gyn retired to have kids and her partner was an horses behind. So I found a new one, and he is wonderful!!!

Susan, how about a little update?

Tina
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Dee, would you believe, the dr. was better today. He didn't talk as much and he answered my questions. I guess I've stayed with this guy because my ob/gyn thought he was good and recommended him.
Since I'm past having children, I only see him once a year.
Thank you for your concern.

Good luck to everyone at your weigh-in.

(I got a flu shot and now my arm aches. Poor me.)

Tammy
11-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I honestly think we are all related in one way or another on here. I went to the doctor today, and he scolded me because I have a nasty sinus infection and I didn't come in sooner. I also got a flu shot. He was happy because I was down 11 pounds since I was there last.

Dee, I'm with you on thinking of lowcarb meals. I have a couple of cookbooks that help out when I want that kind of meal. Laundry is a never ending battle, isn't it?

Dazzle, the devotional was right on the mark. Thanks for sending it. I do not do crafts, and I have several friends who do. They always make fun of me. Going home for Christmas sounds so nice. I've always lived in Ohio, and my brothers both live nearby.

Tina, I go to my gyn. the end of the month. I don't know what I'll do when he retires. I've been going to him for at least 20 years. We've grown old together. lol He's a year older than me. His daughter and Tim are the same age. This wasn't an off day for me, but we did have a 2-hour delay because of fog. I'm going tomorrow instead of Friday. We have meetings all day on Friday, and I'd rather be there when the kids are there.

Leeann, I love the idea of the Prayer Closet. In the summer, I sit on our enclosed porch on the glider. It is so peaceful there. We just put a small heater out there, and I think I'll be able to use it quite a few more days. Not when it gets bitter cold though!! I just might get to Tampa some day since my husband's brothers live there.

Hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow!!

Mom4kids
11-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Ok, everybody needs to get healthy. NO MORE SINUS INFECTIONS!

I reeeally need to start my Christmas shopping. :( I haven't started. UGH!!!

Tina
11-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Morning,

Dee, going to a WW meeting might give you inspiration. ;) Don't let using another way of eating (notice I didn't say diet) stop you from going. I always feel better after a meeting.
Christmas shopping---I was thinking about when I woke today. I have no idea what anyone would like.
Of course, David would like a job. Oh, Oh, Oh, he did an interview on Tuesday. They want to fill the job by tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that he's the one.

Tammy, how does your arm feel about the shot? Mine is so sore! I felt feverish during the night and had to take a Tylenol. I hope yours didn't bother you.

What is everyone doing today? Be sure to drink that water. :lol:

mslee514
11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Well Happy Thursday to all.
Tammy, If you every come to Tampa, let me know and we can get together for lunch or dinner (Applebee's of course).
I am off tomorrow, I have physical therapy and a follow up with my ortho on 2 of the MRI's. I hope all is well. Well as far as the flu shot is concerned, my job at WellCare is offering it free to all the employees. I have never gotten one and am not sure if I want to start. I have always been scared that if I got the shot, I would be the one to get the FLU. Oh, I decided to keep Kristi out of school tomorrow and just have a mom and me day. We haven't had one of those in a long time and I figured we are due.
I weight in at 12 so I will let you know how I did. Hopefully I lost something.
Tina: I will pray that David got the job.
Tammy: you copy cat. You just want to be like me...lol. I hope you feel better.
Dee: If you stop WW meetings don't stop keeping us informed. I really think I am doing so good because I feel like I have to answer to each one of you and that helps.
Talk to you in a little while to let you know how I did at weigh in.

Tammy
11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Tina, I hope David gets that job! My fingers are crossed!! My arm is sore, and I didn't go to school today because my temp was 101 this morning. It was up a little last night. I never even thought about it being from the shot until I read your post. I've been drinking plenty of water. I'm getting much better at that. lol I wrote down a few things to get for Christmas gifts for friends, and I have ideas for Tim. No ideas at all for Bob. Not a clue! Last year we went to GA for Christmas and that was our gift to each other.

Leeann, this was my first time getting the flu shot. Bob gets them almost every year. I figured I was immune to everything since I'm around so many germs at school all the time, but yesterday my doctor recommended that I get one.

Mom4kids
11-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Fingers crossed for David!!!

Tammy
11-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi gang! Bob and I are taking off later today for Michigan. He doesn't even know where we are going. I just told him to pack some comfy clothes. We're staying about 30 miles from the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit, so I want to go there Sat. or Sun. I also want to go to a Christmas shop that we've been to before. I just decided last night to do this. I was hoping Bob would go for it, and he said it's fine. He's doing leaves (again) at the other house. I imagine he swears at my dad everytime he is there because of all of the trees my dad planted. lol

I thought while we are gone, we can do some Christmas shopping. Tim said he wants the movie War and Peace. He read that last year over Christmas break. I started it and didn't even get past the first 20 pages. Yuck! Maybe the movie will be better. I checked on Amazon, and they have the version he wants for about $9. I think I can afford that.

If I don't get back on here before we leave, everyone have a great weekend!!

Tina
11-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Friday again and it's a beautiful day!

Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers for David. He hasn't heard back yet from that job interview. However, early this morning, he got a call from another place wanting him to come in for an interview next week. Wouldn't it be great if he actually had a choice of places!
(He's been out of a job for 5 1/2 months now.)

Still don't have my scales but I feel thinner. I'm thinking about going to a Walgreen's and using one of the scales they're selling. I know it would'nt be that accurate, but I'd have some idea of how I'm doing.
:happ3:
p.s. Just read what you said, Tammy. Have a great trip and be sure to get each of us a gift.;)

Tammy
11-10-2006, 12:30 PM
It is an gorgeous day! It's supposed to be close to 70 here today. It was close to that yesterday. Unreal for this time of year here, but I like it!!

Tina, I think it would be totally awesome if David had a choice of places! What a feeling getting called for another interview while you are waiting to hear from another place! Keep us posted!

Good idea about trying out some scales. If you feel thinner, you must be!! Woo hoo!!

I'll make sure that I look for gifts for everyone!! The last time we took a little trip like this, all I bought was fudge! Hope I don't do that again.

Chanty1483
11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Tammy:

It looks like you'll be heading to my neck of the woods this weekend. I live in downtown Windsor, about 2 blocks from the Detroit River. It takes me 10 minutes to drive to downtown Detroit! I just thought I'd share that. lol

Have a great trip, I'm hoping the weather stays as beautiful as it is right now!!

Mom4kids
11-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi girls!

Tammy, have a safe trip! Say no to fudge!

Tina, it's a good sign that David has another interview.

I am home with DH and two of my kiddies. It is going to be a loooong weekend. I have so many chores to catch up on. I also have to study for a test that I have on Wednesday. I need a few more hours in my day.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

auntie
11-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

Is everyone well now? I can't be blamed for the sinus infections. :) Haven't had one since July. However, I went for my allergy shot on Friday and told the nurse I had some asthma symptoms.... she closed the record book and said "NO shot today" She got me an inhaler and said "maybe none next week either." Then the doctor wants me to call my GP. So I called her and have an appointment on Monday.

My mammogram and bone density tests are the first week of Dec. Oh yea... I can't wait.

Tina, I'll say an extra prayer for David. It would be great if he had a choice.

Tammy, you and Bob have fun!!!! Yes, we want a present.

Dee, what test do you have this week?

LeeAnn, it would be fun to all get together for lunch, or something!

Oh, my Daddy is doing better. He has a fracture behind his knee cap and is on a walker for the next 4-6 weeks. He is actually using it. I'm going down on Tuesday before Thanksgiving and will be in charge of making dinner. I'll have help from my siblings. Then I'll come back home on Sat.

Today, I ended up taking one of my dogs to the ER. She had a huge laceration on her side. I spent several hours there and she had to have sediation and they sewed her up. Poor thing. They told me to go run some errands and come back in an hour. So I went to get my car inspected. She is really hurting. Pat found what she hurt herself on (we think) and took care of that.

Mom4kids
11-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Susan, there you are!!:wave:

I am so glad to hear your dad is up and around. Hope he heals quick. All that TLC will do him well. Been there, done that with the allergy shots/asthma. No fun.
I am studying for a mandatory course that I need for my job in the reserves. This will also help to get me in the practice of school work. I plan on going in the fall (me, a college kid :dizzy: ).
Oh joy, more boob squishing going on. You all are so lucky. Someone would really have to love their job to give mammograms. That is not on my list of things to be when I grow up. LOL.
Sorry about your pup, that must have been nerve wracking. Hope there is alot of quick healing going on!

Tina
11-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Susan, it's about time you posted. ;)
Where have you been, friend!

I'm so sorry your dog had to go through that. I hope he does heal quickly.
Don't worry about the bone scan. It doesn't hurt and only takes a few minutes. I had one last year. My mammogram is next month. Thrill

Dee, going back to school, huh. What a thought!

Hope Tammy is staying out of the fudge, especially since we're not all there to help her eat it.

Sis and Maureen, where are you girls?????

auntie
11-11-2006, 11:26 PM
It's nice to be missed. :hug:

I actually didn't get a notice and thought I'd better check and low and behold........... there were posts. :)

I just went out to check on my dog. She is definitely hurting. They didn't give me any pain medicine for her. I might call tomorrow and see if they will give her some. I know she is hurting just by the way she is acting.

Tina, it's good to know about the bone density. Too bad we don't go to the same place for the mammograms. We could sit and laugh while waiting.

Dee, I've wonder the same thing before.... who would want to smash boobs all day long :D

Hope Tammy and Bob are having fun!

Tammy
11-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Chantal, we were so close!

Tina, we didn't buy any fudge, and I did very well on the eating and drinking. Wrote everything down after I ate, then I recopied that into my WW journal and checked all of the points. I hope that I'll see a loss this week! Lots of walking all weekend too.

Saw lots of nice things for all of you!

Susan, glad to hear about your dad!! I know he is glad that you'll be there for Thanksgiving. So sorry to hear about the dog though. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Dee, should we pitch in and buy pencils with your name on them when you go back to school? I just saw some in a catalog.

Our trip was very nice. Bob thanked me many times for suggesting it. The museum was so nice. It has changed so much since I had been there many, many years ago.

I am going to bed early tonight. Wonder if it's too early? 8:30???

auntie
11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone had a good Sunday. I don't want to go to school tomorrow. Can I be sick? PLEASE!!! It's bad when the teacher doesnt' want to go! I should have a full crew this week. It was so strange last week because I would have one or two out at a time. Once I had 3 gone and when you only have 6 kids, it makes a big difference.

Nothing exciting today. I went to pick up pain medicine for my dog. They didn't give me any yesterday. She was really hurting. I checked on her several times last night and Pat did when he got home at 4 in the morning. Then we changed bandages on the horse's feet. Which he was not happy about. I'll be glad when they are all healed!!!!

Tammy, Pencils with Dee's name on them is a great idea and maybe a backpack. Glad ya'll had fun!!! (You know, you were suppose to buy now look at gifts for us :D

Dee, I love going to school! I would go back for my doctorate but I hate taking tests and I know I would.

Tina, how is David doing?

Mimi, Where are you?

Well, off to do a few things..... like probably fall asleep in the chair. I exercised earlier tonight and I have a dull headache.

Tina
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Mimi is alive! In an e-mail from her, she asked me to tell everyone that she thinks about us and will post again when things settle down. She's working extra hard right now and has little time to get on the computer.

Susan, I'm glad you got the pain medicine for your sweet dog. What happened to your horse? You have our permission to play hookey! Should we write you a note! :lol:

Tammy, your trip sounded great. It's so much fun to go off at the spur of the moment. Now about those gifts........:p

I didn't count points today. I didn't drink much water. It was one of those days. :devil: Tomorrow I will be good. Tomorrow I will be good........

auntie
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Oh I'm so glad that Mimi is doing well. I knew she had been working a bunch. Let her know we miss her.

My horse had an abcess in his hoof and then when Boss died the other hoof got an abcess. So basically, it's going to just take a long time to heal. He is off pain meds now but still on one kind of medicine. His feet are real tender. My horseshoer says "now his feet will always be a tender place, and stress will show up there"

Don't beat yourself up about not counting your points. You'll do great tomorrow.

Mom4kids
11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I blinked and there were 6 new posts!

Tammy, you didn't find any carb free fudge? Darn. :mad:

Very cute, pencils with my name, a backpack...how about a tutor? :rofl: (I actually had to break down and take Intermediate Algebra because the school said I wasn't allowed to take Pre-Algebra anymore.... :eek: Now I have to take College Algebra.)

Tina, You will do great tomorrow! Is David doing that interview this week?

Susan, I didn't realize you have an animal farm. You should have been a veterinarian. ;)

I got on the scale after lunch today and was 159. That is so cool. I am not changing my ticker until I see that number first thing in the morning.
I tried spaghetti squash with my spaghetti sauce today. It was really good. I couldn't imagine eating it that way, but I have read so many things about it, I thought, what the heck. I will be using that squash more often!!

Mom4kids
11-13-2006, 07:38 AM
Yep, down 1 lb this morning. I'll take it! I think I will stick to the Dr.'s plan it is fairly easy (boring). So far my eating is somewhat repetative until I learn some new recipes. I think I will be going to the local farmer's market today or tomorrow. I have to study, so I will go after getting some of that in.

:carrot:

mslee514
11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I did horrible this weekend. I was so upset with myself that I got on my bike and rode about 5 miles. I of course had my husband pick me up to bring me home because it was dark, but I did it.
Well Saturday night my church has a Missions Banquet and it was catered by a restaurant called LaTeresita and OH MY GOODNESS. They had black beans, yellow rice and chicken with cake. I must have eaten a gazillion points. I was not happy with myself. Sunday after church we went to Applebee’s and I ordered the Guiltless Chicken Platter with rice, broccoli and corn on the cob. I was still upset with myself that I could only eat half of the chicken. Then Sunday evening we had home fellowship (this is on the second Sunday of every month) and it was potluck. So we brought left over rice and beans, and there was some Winn Dixie fried chicken, some cheesy potatoes, homemade egg rolls and some baked tilapia fish. I did not do so well for that either. So needless to say, I am going to really push myself this week and I will not have a repeat of this past weekend. So that is how my weekend went

Tammy: well I did not get the flu shot. I actually chickened out because I was just getting over the sinus infection. ROAD TRIP! Good for you for just packing up and getting away. I wish I had time for something like that. I hope you’ll had a great time. Did you get much Christmas shopping done?

Tina: My prayers are still with David. Feeling thinner is a great feeling. I will let you know if I ever feel that way…lol

Susan: Hope all is well with your Asthma. My daughter Emma is going to the doctors today for Asthma also. It must be the change in weather. I think it would be great to have lunch one day. I am sorry about your doggie. I hope she is feeling better. Tell her ruff ruff bark bark ruff ruff (translation: I hope you feel better)lol. I hope your horse is doing better, sorry I don’t speak horse but you could give her a carrot for me.

Dee: Great Job. I don’t know if I am ready for the “Spaghetti Squash” yet.

Well listen, I was wondering if all you gals would send me a picture of you. My e-mail address is soulm8s4life1212@yahoo.com. I want to make something for everyone. Use the subject 3fc friend. I delete anything that I don’t know who it is from.

Have a great week everyone and remember to drink your water…

Mom4kids
11-13-2006, 10:20 PM
We are supposed to be getting our Flu 'shot' in December. We either get a shot or the flumist. That is gross. Blech.

It was very quiet today girls, what's up?

I was trying to study and my kiddies won't cooperate. DH is out of town, actually he went to Minnesota. Bbrrrrrrrrr...:shocksn:

Tammy
11-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Susan, I know lots of teachers that didn't want to go to school today, so you are not alone!! Glad that you got some medicine for the dog! Wonder why they didn't give you any to begin with? Ouch to the horse's hooves!!

Tina, I went to an outlet mall near our hotel. I planned to buy gifts for Bob and Tim if I could find anything. It had to be one of the worst outlet malls I've been to. There were hardly any stores. One store I went in said everything was 50% off. I had to leave right away because it had a terrible odor. Not sure what it was, but I didn't stick around to find out. Glad you heard from Mimi!! Hope she'll be back to join us soon. We're you good with the points and the water today?

Dee, I think our ideas were wonderful!! I didn't even see any fudge for sale, so that's probably a good thing. I've never tried spaghetti squash, but like you I've heard lots about it. I'm sure I couldn't get hubby to eat it. Way to go on the loss of the pound!!!!

Leeann, I'm sure my upcoming weekend will be like yours was. Tim will be home, we're going to a dinner theater at the high school on Sat. night, and then Sunday we are having our family Thanksgiving. Wonder if we could use 35 Flex Points a day?????????????? I bought a few small gifts, but nothing major. I'll have to see if my son can help me with a picture. He has the digital camera at school, and he knows how to do that stuff. I'm at a loss. I also need to send an updated picture for the photo section. OR maybe I'll wait until I lose some more weight.

I forgot to tell you guys that when I went to WW last week, the leader and the receptionist said they had been talking about me. They've decided that I need to get to goal so I can work for Weight Watchers after I retire. I just laughed. They were serious! They thought that I'd be good with my "sparkling personality". They said that, I didn't. I still laughed. If I have to be at goal, they are going to have a rather long wait. I know what WW says I should weigh and what I want to weigh are two different things, and my number is higher than theirs is.

Tammy
11-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Dee, we could help you study!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom4kids
11-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Aaawww that is so sweet! I copied some of the questions that might be on the test, I used up 300 index cards. One question per card. I think that was less than half of them. I am waiting for the kids to go to school tomorrow to study. I will have all day. Hopefully someof it will sink in and I can pass this thing. It is computerized, so multiple guess (choice).

You can help me study when I am in Ohio!;) That ought to be fun.

I am hoping to be down 10 pounds by the time I see you. (don't forget the holidays are coming right before I get there.)

We have an pretty decent outlet mall about 5 miles from my house. You should check it out. ;)

Tina
11-14-2006, 12:18 AM
I think everyone should get a flu shot. Here I am saying it and this was my first one. I felt lousy that night and the next day. I don't want the "real" thing, though. I'm not good at being sick. I just don't want to give in and stop. That makes me feel worse. So there, that's my take on the shot.

Tammy, I've been to malls like that. There's one that used to have lots of stores and now it's a ghost town, just a few crummy places.
I'm ready to start buying presents. I love to cook but will try to control myself this year. I haven't made fudge for two years. I love that stuff.

Maureen and Sis are MIA. I wish they'd come on back and post.
Brandy and Jody haven't been around in ages, either.

David's interview is this week. I have a good feeling about this one.

Tammy
11-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Dee, I'm also hoping to be down 10 pounds by the time you are in Ohio. When do you arrive? Maybe I'll buzz down over the weekend and check your outlet mall. lol

Tina, my arm never was sore from the shot, I only had the high temperature from it the next day. I bought a couple of gifts yesterday. I got to my doctor's appointment too early, and there was a bookstore nearby. I'll be making sugar cookies (my grandmother's recipe), but I'll be using Splenda again this year. They were yummy last year when we made them. I haven't made fudge for several years. I told Tim that I'd teach him how this year.

Prayers for David on this job!!

Wish everyone would post! Of course, I haven't posted for a couple of days. Sometimes I feel so totally out of it, and I never get to the computer.

Tomorrow I go to a morning WW meeting because I have to go to school about 3;30 for conferences. I only have to stay until 6, so that won't be so bad.

Tina
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi all,
David's interview went really well, he thinks. You know, it's hard to tell. If they don't call him before next Wed., he's to call them back then. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and thoughts. Keep it up, please!!!!!

Tammy, did your mother write down her recipes? I have Mother's recipe box. Some things are just not written down--like her dressing. Her stroke was May, 2000. It took me three years to make it taste right. She did teach me how to make fudge. I didn't make any last year, either. I plan on it this time, even if I don't eat much of it. :o

Is everyone out buying food for a healthy Thanksgiving? I was out in the mobs today. I'm going to try a cranberry relish this time. I hope the Splenda works.

Tammy
11-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I have my mother's recipes, but there are a couple things that aren't in there. She made the most delicious swiss steak, and no matter what I do, I don't even come close. Tim asked me to write down recipes for him. He knows what I was like when I was going through my mom's to find the swiss steak. lol When I make fudge, we freeze most of it, and then we have it for longer (or so it seems).

I'm making pineapple/angel food cake for our dinner on Sunday. I'll also be making deviled eggs (tradition), and I'm taking a big container of just green beans. I figure there will be plenty of other fattening things there, so I'll take that. I like using Splenda because I get that sweet taste but not all of the sugar. For the meal at my aunt's house on Thanksgiving, I'll be taking the eggs again, rolls, and green bean casserole. My aunt is diabetic, so everything she makes is "legal" for Bob.

Mom4kids
11-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Yeaaaa David!! I am glad his interview went well.

I took my test today, I got an 87%. Not bad, it was 105 questions and there were a couple I had no clue on. Don't even remember seeing the topic. But hey, I'm happy!

I like using Splenda in everything! I even love their brown sugar Splenda. My MIL asked me what to buy for Thanksgiving Dinner. I told her I would help her make anything she wanted, to even go our traditional route. I just asked her add a few veggie items. I will make a healthier version. Or eat what I need too.

DH came back today. My dad comes in tomorrow early am. I asked DH to help me clean up the house. He said no. :mad: While I was running ragged, he is in tub-taking a bubble bath. :rollpin: I told him he can forget asking me to do things for him. :nono: The house is a disaster.

Have to be up early to get kids ready/off to school. Then I can sit in horrible traffic on my way to the airport to get my dad.

Tammy
11-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Dee, way to go on the test!! Think what you would have gotten if all of us would have helped you study! Well, maybe you don't want to think about that. lol You should have popped those bubbles and told him to get a move on and help out! Silly men!! Oh boy to sitting in traffic! Yuck.

It is raining again. It has been a constant downpour since yesterday about noon. I'm sure there are some areas flooded close to creeks around here. I don't want to go out in it!

Hope everyone has a great weigh in today!

Tina
11-16-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm ready for Thanksgiving! I think it's the weather. It was actually 44 this morning. Brrr.... Yesterday the wind was really blowing. I have a yard full of leaves and little limbs.

Dee, congratulations on that test score.!!!!!:carrot: And, I bet your dad won't even notice if things aren't perfect at your house. He'll enjoy being with you.

Tammy, all your food items sound good. I just remembered that today's the day to take the turkey out of the freezer and put into the frig. You always make your deviled eggs. I might make us a couple to go with supper tonight. :)

I'll let y'all know how the cranberry relish recipe turns out. If it's good, I'll post it.
:turkey:

Tammy
11-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Tina, at the WW meeting this morning the leader was talking about her cranberry relish that she makes. It is 10 points for 1/4 cup!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I would have to pass on that. lol

I'm going to go take a nap before I head to school for conferences. I'm on the committee for the meal before they start, so I made the pineapple/angel food cake. There are quite a few people at school doing WW, and if I cut it right each piece has 1.5 points. I'm going to make a little note and put it on the pan so they know. I am also going to leave a couple pieces here for Bob. He was checking it out this morning.

Tina
11-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Tammy, wish I had a piece of your cake.
Wow, that's some cranberry relish. Mine sure won't take that many points. I bet she didn't use Splenda!

Tina
11-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Leeann, thank you so much for the pie recipe.
I wonder if the regular Splenda would work.

Mom4kids
11-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Leeann,

Do you think if it was made in a pie plate sprayed with pam and NO CRUST it would be good?

It sure sounds yummy.:D

Thanks girls, I am happy that test is over. I have one more. Then I have that class at Wright-Patt. Can't wait.

Tina, what is in cranberry relish?

Tammy, that cake sounds delightful. Is it carb free? LOL

Tammy
11-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Tina, I'm sure she didn't use Splenda. She said she also uses lots of nuts in it. The cake was delicious, and there were only a couple small pieces left.

Leeann, thanks for the recipe! Now would use just make one and send it to me?

Dee, I don't think the cake is carb free, but it is fat free if that helps. Or low fat, now I can't remember.

Conferences went great. One set of parents is really upset with a couple of the teachers. The daughter has missed some school because of some health problems. Both of these teachers made some comments in their classes about her skipping, playing hookey, not really being sick, and on and on. It got back to the parents. They went to the principal, and they want her taken out of one of the classes (an intervention class). She is in one of my groups, so I might have her for another one during the day. The parents think that the other 2 teachers and I are wonderful and can do no wrong. Made me feel pretty good.

Tina
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I bet everyone is busy, getting ready for Thanksgiving. I hope that's why no one is writing here. :( :( :(
I miss you all!
My turkey is in the frig, thawing out I hope. :D
I've got my schedule down to a "T" Tuesday, I'll bake the pumpkin pie, make the fresh cranberry sauce and cook the cornbread for the dressing.
Wednesday is the day to cook the turkey, make the dressing and fix the sweet potato casseroles. (I make one for us and one to take to the family gathering.)
I have not made that cranberry relish yet.
Dee, you asked what was in it.....cranberries (of course), a navel orange, cut up, raisins and spices. Of course, some sugar and water. I'm not going to use the Splenda because it won't caramelize like real sugar. Since I won't be eating that much of it, I'm not going to worry.

Take care, everyone.
:thanks1:

Tammy
11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
We were at my brother's house today for our Thanksgiving meal. I was so pleased with myself for not pigging out like years in the past. My SILs both made delicious desserts, so I had an extremely small serving of each. My nephew said that he could barely see it on my plate, so he didn't think it was worth trying them. lol Tim is taking some of the pineapple/angel food cake back to school with him. I told him to share with his roommate, and he just gave me a funny look. It really is good.

Today was the first time that we've had our Thanksgiving at someone else's house. It felt strange to all of us. I said we could have gone to the old house, but it might have been uncomfortable with no furniture. Also, a realtor was showing it this afternoon. I guess they could have joined us!! lol

Tim will be leaving in about an hour, then he'll be back on Tuesday night.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Tina
11-21-2006, 11:43 AM
I know this is a very busy time for us---traveling to see our family and friends and/or cooking. I hope everyone has a very, very nice holiday.
For our Canadians in the group, I hope you have a good week with nice weather.

If our will power is smashed when we see all the wonderful things to eat, let's not beat ourselves up.
Tina
:thanks1:

maureen kempster
11-21-2006, 12:29 PM
good morning all
sorry for being MIL-I've just been working a lot and not doing too much of anything. Everyone sounds like they're busy. We've had snow here since the end of October!!!. Not really that cold, but for sure now I can't rollerblade, so I picked myself up a pr of ice skates. I haven't been skating for yrs and yrs. I'm going to try going to West Edmonton Mall on saturday, I'll let you know how it goes. I've been maintaining my weight so I'm happy on that front. Still not smoking.
I hope all you American ladies have a great thanksgiving and even though I don't get to post that often I do read the post almost everyday. So hello to all and have a super holiday and week.
maureen

mslee514
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump.

May your potatoes ' n gravy have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize.

May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

MAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!

Tina
11-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Leeann, that's too funny!
Thanks for the laugh.

Tammy
11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Tina, it sounds like the weather is going to be wonderful here. Hope it is for everyone else. There's a football game at Ball State on Fri. at noon. The temp is supposed to be 54!!!! That's warmer than some of the games that we've already been to this year! I don't plan to beat myself up for what I eat on Thursday. I've been watching pretty close, and if I have a few extra flex points that day, so be it. I am looking forward to seeing relatives that I don't see very often. My brothers and their families will be at their in-laws, so the 3 of us hang out with some aunts, uncles, and cousins. Someone always breaks out a bottle of wine while we play dominoes or Trivial Pursuit, so I'll have to watch it!! lol

Maureen! Do you have an ID? Do we really know that it is you? I am so glad to hear from you!!!! I'm so proud of you for not smoking!! I know how tough it can be when a person quits. My hubby quit right after Tim was born. Good luck with the ice skates! It hurts my behind just thinking about skates, so I think I'll pass. lol

Leeann, I love what you posted!!! That Thanksgiving picture was up in my classroom for a couple of years. The kids loved it. Not sure what happened to it since I've moved the past couple years (at school and at home!!).

Tim will be home in a couple hours. We're having homemade pizza for supper. Yummy. Loading it with lots of onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. Going easy on the pepperoni. I bought lowfat cheese for it, so that should help.

KiKi22
11-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie to your post but have been on WW since Oct 5/06. I am really enjoying the program. And have learned alot about the choices I made in the past and now I am making better choices today.

Good luck to everyone in their weight loss journeys. Hopefully I can help motivate others and you can all help motivate me!!

Tammy
11-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the group Kiki!! I've been back at WW officially for about a month and a half now. I've been on it before, but it seems to be going better this time.

Our Thanksgiving at my aunt's house was as much fun as usual. I hurt this morning from laughing so hard while we were playing games in the afternoon and evening. The food was great of course, and I honestly don't think I did horribly. Of course, I haven't weighed to see the actual damage!!!

Tim just left to go pick up Jessica. They're heading to Muncie. The band has to be at their for a quick practice this morning before the football game at noon. I'm not sure what time Bob and I will leave. I am sooooooooooo glad that it isn't going to be cold today!!

Hope you all had a nice day yesterday, and I hope the weekend is fun for all of us!!

Tina
11-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Me to--welcome Kiki~!~ You have found a crazy, but supportive, group here. :dizzy:

Our Thanksgiving--it was good. I didn't think I ate that much. However, the scales were not nice to me this morning. If they weren't brand new, I'd swear they were going bad, with bad readings. he..he..
I'm going out to rake leaves right now.

Okay, everyone post, please!

Tammy
11-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Tina, I'm sure the new scales are bad. Take them back!! lol I lost .5 when I weighed this morning before my shower. Couldn't believe it. Did you get the leaves raked?

Football game was wonderful. Not only was it a beautiful day, they won 30-6. At then end of the halftime show, all of the senior band, flag corps, and drill team members stood in front of the band while the rest of the band played the alma mater. Oh my word! I was a mess! What will I be when Tim is a senior (if he stays in band all 4 years)? I was crying, and I only know one of the seniors! Glad Tim couldn't see me.

I keep thinking this is Sat. because of the game! I just started smiling when I realized that it is only Friday!! And to top that off, I have my yearly exam stuff on Monday, so I don't go back to school until Tuesday. Woo hoo!!!

Tammy
11-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Another beautiful day here in Ohio! It was about 70 yesterday, and it is almost that nice today. Lots of sunshine and a light breeze. Bob and Tim are uptown watching the Browns/Bengals game with a bunch of other crazy football nuts. lol Glad it's peaceful here! I'm heading to the storage unit soon. When we were there the other day to get our Christmas stuff, we apparently missed quite a bit. I can't find my mom's wreath and candle lights or our stockings and their holders. I'm digging through stuff today when I'm there to find everything!!!

Tim leaves tonight so we need to get the tree up before he leaves. He won't be home till after his exams on Dec. 15. Bob is planning to leave on Friday to go to Tampa to visit his brothers. He'll be gone about a week. He's planning to take my van I think. I'll have his little car (a Chevy Aveo). Glad my back is feeling better or I'd have trouble getting in and out of it. Great on gas mileage, but he'd rather be in something a little bigger for the long drive.

Hope you have all had a nice weekend.

Tina
11-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi all,

I didn't want Tammy to feel like she was all alone here. ;)
I've read on the WW General threads that beginning the week of Dec. 10th, there's something new coming at WW. I read that the trackers were going to be replaced. I don't know what that will mean.
I do remember when they replaced trackers once. They lowered the number of fibers we could use.
I can't wait for that week to see what's going on.
Has anyone else heard anything about it?

Hope everyone who's been traveling has had a safe trip home. I want to hear all about your holiday. :)

auntie
11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi Remember me?

I'm back from San Antonio. Boy am I glad I went. Got lots done for my folks. Daddy is doing ok, still walking on a walker & cane but is making improvement. Momma looks tired! She goes non stop and doesn't eat! Thanksgiving dinner was great. We did it, and I helped Daddy make his famous pies (funny, I don't eat them) but it was fun helping him.

Tina, how are you my friend? They are saying a cold front is coming this way sometime this week. Any news on David?

Tammy, how was Tim? I know it's always great to have him home.

Dee, we could help you on your test and your studies? You could give us all a guestion and we could answer it :)

LeeAnn, how are you doing?

Kiki, welcome to the group! We are all a bunch of nuts.

As you know I'm working out, even did it in San Antonio. I met with the dietician. I have 3 more appointments with her. However, I think I am going to go back to doing WW. I might even go to meetings again.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I'm exhausted and am glad to be back in my home.

Tammy
11-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Tina, it has been lonely, but I know everyone has been busy. I heard there was something new with WW too. Seems like someone said points will be done differently for the different ages? Now I can't remember exactly. We'll soon find out though, right?

Susan, I believe I do remember you!! Glad you had a safe trip, and a nice time with your parents. I'm sure that they appreciated everything that you did to help. Tim is great. He and I went away yesterday all day to the town where my shopping buddies and I will go in a couple weeks. It was fun just to talk. If you start back to WW, you'll be getting in on the "new" stuff. We can all compare notes.

Dee, I like the idea of us answering your questions!!! Woo hoo!! I'll start thinking up an answer tonight.

Mom4kids
11-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi girls!!

We are home after a long trip on the road. I am not a fan of driving 12 hours in a car with a bunch of tired kids.:dizzy:

I haven't even tried to weigh my self. I can't bring myself to do it. I have been so swollen. My fingers have that sausage look, and I think I have permanant sock marks around my ankles. UGH.

DH is gone for four days to Texas. I am home with the kids. I am trying to do my shopping but with them looking over my shoulder, it is difficult. I am going to clean my living room and get the decorations out for the kids to put up the tree. Wish me luck.

Glad everyone is doing well. I will post more later.:D

auntie
11-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Hi,

Dee, you should have let DH stay home and you come to Texas!!!! We could have played! Your 12 hour trip doesn't sound fun. Glad ya'll are home safe.

Tammy
11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Dee, 12 hours is a long drive. I'd be tired too. I know those sock marks on the ankles!! Did you get the tree up?

I'm home today with stupid cramps. I was off yesterday for a doctor's appointment, so I was supposed to go today. Oh well.

I need to run to the dollar store and get some more garland for the tree. I want to rearrange what is on there and put some more on.

I go to school tomorrow, then right after school I head for Ball State. There is a band concert tomorrow night, and I have a room reserved at the Best Western. Bob has a meeting so he can't go, and I didn't want to drive back that late by myself. I don't know if I've ever stayed in a hotel by myself! I just realized that. A new experience! Now I'm scaring myself.

Tina
11-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Tammy, keep all your locks locked at that motel/hotel.
Once when David was 8 or 9, he and I had a lay-over in Denver because of bad weather. We were so worn out, I don't think it dawned on me to be afraid.
You will be fine. Have a great time. Hopefully, you'll feel good by then.

How is everyone doing?????
Dee, glad you're back home!
Susan, we're supposed to get that cold weather on Thursday night.
Maureen, how are you doing on your skates?
Sis, where are you???????
Mimi, we miss you.
I need to stay on my treadmill for a whole day, not getting off. I need to drink so much water that I'll get rid of some of this Turkey Day weight. :(

Mom4kids
11-28-2006, 07:42 PM
LOL! I never get to play. Going to Ohio in Jan., is the first thing I will do alone since, I can't remeber when. DH is always traveling.

I did alot of shopping yesterday/today. I still have a bunch to do. I have one kid that is super easy to shop for, one that asked for just a couple of things...impossible things...UGH. The other two gave me nice long lists. The older they get the more expensive they get.

I am ordering Chinese for dinner. I am ordering Veggie delight. I know, it's super bad for me. Blah blah blah, DH is gone, the kids are onery and one of my kids (6th grader, again) has two projects due this week. What are they thinking? They are a team, can't they discuss projects and schedule them out? :mad:

I am mentally exhausted. I am also tired of hating my body and worrying about what I can eat. I am tired of being consumed by food all day. Anyone felt this way?

Tina
11-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi all,
Hey, I think Chinese food is very healthy. :D we had some for lunch today.
Husband had a few days of vacation and so he took Mon.-Wed.
We've been shopping, too.

Dee, I know exactly what you're saying and how you feel. You aren't the only one, girl! Sometimes I think that the only thing I think about is losing weight, or not losing weight. I get to thinking that I'm not enjoying my days enough because I'm thinking that I'm not thin enough OR I'm thinking that I'll buy me something to wear when I lose a little more.
So, this week, I'm going out and buy me something to wear no matter how much I gained over the holidays. So There!

auntie
11-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi,
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that obsesses about my food, weight, not losing, etc.... Pat says I obsess about food and that's all I think about. True!!!!

I'm frustrated because I can't seem to lose even exercising. the dieticiain hasn't really been much help. Another personal trainer was talking to me last night, he suggested that I eat protein for breakfast, a grain, milk and possibliy a fruit. He said "eat all colored veggies at lunch time or before lunch." Then at dinner only green leafy vegges and my meat. I'm like I just want something that will work!!!

Tina, they are talking like it's reallly going to storm here Thursday. It's supppose to be 32 for a high. (Now let's see if it's gonna happen)

I think I'm to hed, I can't keep my eyes open. :)

Tina
11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I can't believe it---we actually put up our Christmas lights today. We never put them up this early, if we put them up at all. :lol:
We bought the icicle kind that dangle and twinkle. They look so good.

I've stayed OP today. I now have to lose the Turkey weight before losing the rest. Isn't it always something!:dizzy: :devil:

Hope everyone is doing good.
Tammy, I hope your cramps are all gone. Have fun at the game!!!

Mom4kids
11-29-2006, 07:11 PM
I am dying for DH to get home. I can't wait to break the news to him that our 4yo wants him to put up lights outside. He hates doing lights, so much, he hasn't put them up in years. LOL.

Sadly, once we get to goal.....the obsessing will continue. Once you get to goal you can't change one thing or the weight will come back on like a slap in the face. UGH. It will never end.

Tammy
11-30-2006, 08:03 PM
I hardly slept at all at the hotel. I heard every little noise, and of course, it made me nervous. The concert was wonderful. They played all of the songs that they played during the football season plus some others. Afterwards Tim and I went out to eat. We just had a snack before the concert since we planned to go out afterwards. We had a nice visit.

Dee, my son is easy to buy for, but my hubby isn't. I think of things, but then I rethink them. I guess I'll think of something sometime. I like Chinese food. Wish I had some right now.

How is the weather in Texas for those who live there? I keep hearing that things are getting nasty there. We have had rain all day yesterday and today. I'm ready for it to stop, but I'm not sure I'm ready for snow. I can't be satisfied. lol

Bob leaves tomorrow for Tampa. He'll be back a week from Sunday. Now I jsut realized that I'll be here by myself. Usually when he goes, Tim is here. Hope Kramer can protect me.

auntie
11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
I hope everyone had a good day. The weather here is WAY TO COLD!!!! BRRRRR!!!! We've had some ice, sleet and some snow. Not a bunch but enough....... It is 25 degrees and will get colder tonight.

I am trying really hard with staying on program. I wish I could be skinny as fast as I gained weight. Don't we all :)

I think I'm fighting an infection. I'm going to have my allergiest check it tomorrow. My one lymph node in my neck is swollen.... I just feel yuck!

My daddy's going to have to have prostrate surgery. He will be in the hospital for 5 days. Not sure when he is going to have it done.

Tina
12-02-2006, 11:29 AM
It's time for the December thread.
Do not post here again.
:clause: