Weight Loss Support - just under 8 weeks to go!

View Full Version : just under 8 weeks to go!

SwimGirl
10-31-2006, 02:06 PM
oh my.. and I still have 23 pounds to make my origional goal. I *might* want to revise that.. we'll see. I'm still gonna go at it strong and steady.. better to aim high!

Where are all you gals?

Rosario - I always miss Laguna Beach, whats happening this lately with them all?

-Aimee

sotypical
10-31-2006, 02:13 PM
blah blah blah blah is how i feel today

callystia
10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Courtnie, this may be a dumb question, but how did you make that graphic of Keiko on the pumpkin? I would love to do that with a few of my pictures. :)

sotypical
10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Courtnie, this may be a dumb question, but how did you make that graphic of Keiko on the pumpkin? I would love to do that with a few of my pictures. :)

http://www.glassgiant.com/pumpkinizer/

callystia
10-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Thank you! :D I'll make a few for next Halloween, haha.

Rosario
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh crap....only 8 more weeks to go?!?! dang, time sure flew by!!!

so I'm still here. I haven't even tried to eat right or exercise. I guess Ill get my wake-up call this saturday. I have a doctor's appt and I am soooo looking forward to them saying I am too fat and I need to get on a diet. Like I don't already know that!! But I am going for the works so I guess I'll find out how truly unhealthy I am. That should be able to snap anybody into place.

So I am starting the whole school process. Got accepted, taking my placement tests next week, and then I meet w/ a counselor to go over classes and all that good stuff. If everything goes good w/ financial aid, I hope to be starting in January, if not, then I have to wait until Sept. to save up to be able to afford to go to school full time. I'll have to see how everything goes.

How's everybody else doing?????

aimee----I still watch LB religiously. The people are way more immature than previous seasons, but it is still entertaining. They are going to show the traditional cabo episode tonite. You know, hook-ups and what nots. You gotta start recording them. Over here, MTV reruns the episodes over and over again. You should be able to catch them again.

courtnie--what's going on with you???

chat with ya later!

sotypical
11-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Rosario - not much going on - finally got it out of system and talked with my boyfriend yesterday about how I have been feeling lately (huge huge huge thanks and hugs for aimee for helping me!) and things are much better already!

I got on the scale this morning at 5:30.... 170.4 (.2 less then my weigh in on saturday) - AND tom is ending AND that is 4.5 hours earlier then I normally weigh - SO I am hoping for a good weigh in this weekend!

JasonsLea
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone! I'm down 1 lb this week. Just discovered this thread so here's my last post from the last thread:

How was everyone's Halloween? I worked and went home. I had to go to work at 4:30 in the morning the next morning. My friend Sunshine had a party and I was able to stop by for a minute. I said hi to everyone and got a lapdance from this cutie named Austin. *big grin* Made leaving even harder.

SwimGirl
11-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Rosario - congrats on school! What are you going to take? You may have said this before... but I'm sometimes dumb. You know it's possible that the doctor may say you are in perfect health other than the weight... thats what I always get. Although this one doctor I saw was always saying that I was pre-diabetes, which freaked me out so I got tons of tests done, and I'm not. Josh hates Laguna Beach, so I have to sneak it.. lol.

Courtnie - I'm just glad things are better :)

Shari - 4:30am?? What kinda work do you do? Thats an obscene hour! Congrats on the weight loss :)

-Aimee

sotypical
11-02-2006, 04:00 PM
So I am sitting here, wasteing time waiting to put this site up...

So I go to ebay and I search for Moffatt stuff like I do on occasion (because I used to be a moffatt fan) - and I find someone selling pictures... and I click on a link, what do I see? ME! someone is selling a picture of me! wtf

http://www.walkingbehind.com/ebay/submo4.JPG
bottom middle, I am kinda cut off... red and white shirt

JasonsLea
11-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Aimee, I work in the patient food service at the VA Hospital. I serve and deliver meals to the patients. I have to be at work at 6:30 am but I live in a suburb about 30 minutes outside the city AND I ride with my mama who works in a different department of the hospital who has to be at work at 6. I can't wait till I get my own car.

Courtie, you're famous! LOL

SwimGirl
11-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Shari - I don't know how you do it! I don't think I could function normally with waking up that early!

Courtnie - heh, thats kinda cool I think!

Today is my weigh in day, and I have to be honest.. I'm not expecting the world. But I realize after losing 6 pounds last week, I need a week to stabilize? I'm gonna keep plugging away, and maybe it'll go in weird spurts? Who knows. I just woke up, so I'll weigh in a couple of hours..

-Aimee

JasonsLea
11-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Aimee, believe me I don't know how I function either. Can't wait till I can get a regular 9 to 5 position even though I do like getting off at 2:30. I hope the scale is good to you!

sh3l5
11-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Ive maintained the same weight for the last, god knows how long, forever! I am getting weakened in determination to reach my xmas goal. It is the last 14lbs to loose and I just cant seem to shift it nowhere. Although I did hover on the 12 stone mark for quite a while too, maybe the loss will just happen soon. Gawd, I would absolutely LOVE to loose 6lbs in a week!

SwimGirl
11-04-2006, 12:43 PM
My scale showed up 1 pound, I suspect that it is water weight, so I'm just going to leave it at that for now. I had a MIGHTY huge dinner the night before the weigh in, definitely high sodium meal.. AND I had it right before bed. Heh.. all the worst circumstances! I'm right back at it today, and tonight we are going to a pub for a fund raiser. I plan to eat BEFORE we go, and drink water or possibly 1 coke. I can't drink because I have to get up early in the morning for work (11 hour day due to staff meeting!).

l00py - I'll trade my 6 pound loss from last week to being within 14 pounds of goal! ;)

-Aimee

sotypical
11-04-2006, 04:15 PM
looks like the scale is down 1.2 - i know I should be happy with that... but I have been losing 1.2 every week for weeks and weeks now and the last two weeks, I have been working even harder then normal - exercising for an hour, eating betterm etc... I thought for sure I was gonna see two pounds this week! I think i might of eaten something a bit too late last night... anyway, I am happy with 1.2 and maybe ill see a big loss next week. On the other hand, I am in the 160's now and that makes me happy :) 9.4 pounds away from my xmas goal!

SwimGirl
11-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Courtnie - congrats! You know it's got to start slowing a little bit as you get smaller and smaller, 1.2 is still impressive. No more 170's for you!! :)

I got Josh to order me a salad at the place tonight, unfortunately I didn't have enough time to eat before hand.. And they didn't HAVE any! So I ended up with a burger, and I cut it in half and only ate half of it. I guess I'm looking for someone to say that I did a good job by not eating the entire thing myself. I also got a side salad instead of french fries, good choices considering, right? Insert bad choice, drank a little much and had a McD's burger to help with lack of hangover tomorrow..

We took a picture with all of the LD (my work) people tonight, I was the only chubby one, everyone else was super skinny! So I'm feeling a little fat now that I'm at home and sobered up a little. I just want this weight off, and I have to be really good with my calories this week. I wanted to be around 220-225 for this wedding I am going to on Nov 18th, thats like 5-9 pounds in 2 weeks. We are gonna go grocery shopping on Monday (I work 11:30am-10 pm tomorrw).. I'm babbling, I'm going to go to sleep!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm ready for my WI tomorrow. I've been doing really good at writing down EVERYTHING that has passed my lips this week and I went walking with my friend Erica for an hour last night for the first time in a LONG time! I forgot how much I liked walking, especially during the fall/winter months when the sun is setting. Nice.

Rosario
11-06-2006, 03:28 PM
hey everybody!!

courtnie--I say take that 1.2 pound loss!! You are almost to your x-mas goal and look where you're at on the scale!! great job girl!!

shari-don't u just feel awesome when you get back into exercising??? keep it up!!

aimee--you made some good choices there, that's a start. don't worry abou tgetting sidetracked.....biggest thing about losing weight is getting right back on track. i think you can lose 5-9 pounds in two weeks. you just have to want it bad enough to stick to your plan and get there. good luck!!

well, doctor's wasn't that bad....i do need to lose weight (suprise, suprise) and I may need to get a procedure done...but don't want to talk about that just yet. I am trying to get back into eatign right and have so far, just gotta stay with it when I get home. that's my biggest challenge there. Just gotta take it one day at a time, i guess.

talk to ya'll later.

Rosario
11-08-2006, 12:59 PM
where is everybody?????

SwimGirl
11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I am sorta here.. I've been busy rearranging my house and cleaning things. Takes up a lot of time! Yesterday I was going to throw out an old stereo, but my friend convinced me to go with her to some pawn shop, which I find a little creepy. I didn't have to go in tho! I stayed in the car with her kids, and I ended up getting like 45 bucks for it. Still creepy, I felt slightly trashy.. heh.

Rosario - I made up for my slight offtrack night, the next day the cut in my mouth was bothering me so much I barely ate a thing. Not a great idea, but I just couldn't handle the pain. My scale is still saying 229. I gotta get with it if I plan to get to down for that wedding. How are you doing these days? The Dr's sounded fairly painless. And truely it's one meal at a time, it's so cliche, but amazing how true it is.

Shari - how was the WI?

The run is coming up pretty quick here, and I missed TWO run sessions this week :( Yesterday it was due to the fact I went out with my friend/neighbour girl, we were gone for.. ready for this? 7 hours. All we did was go to 3 stores, the girl is crazy, looks at everything for like hours!! She was so determined in one store to find something for her son, it took like an hour for her to find anything, ugh, painful. Now I remember why I usually make sure to finish everything before I agree to do anything with her. But my ipod mini is all charged, so i'm going to run today, and tomorrow. See if I can get on track for this run, I really want to run the entire thing.

-Aimee

JasonsLea
11-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi everyone! How are you all doing? OMG Ive been SO busy! I'm applying for like four clerical positions in the hospital and I've been taking all these computer classes after work. I haven't been to the gym in over a week and I feel so fat. But I'm going tomorrow dammit! It's my day off and I'm going first thing in the morning. Got into it really bad with two of my supervisors yesterday. I was so filled with rage, it was unbelieveable. I was this close to kicking some ***. Lucky for them, my mama, who is also a supervisor (in a different department) was at work too and she came by when she heard what was going down and calmed me down. We let them know that I wasn't going to be pushed around by no one. I went to work today ready for a fight but one of the supervisors wasn't there and the other kept his distance. Good for him. Back up to 242 again. I hate 242.

gettingsmaller
11-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Well I am 1lb. closer to my Christmas goal. If I don't start losing more than 1lb a week I will not reach my Christmas goal. I guess I need to spend an extra day on the elliptical and maybee add 5 more min. each day. I am going to see if that helps.
Terrie

shrinkingchica
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh, everyone seems to be doing better than me!

Still "just" maintaining. Ho hum. *Sigh*

Rosario
11-10-2006, 02:01 PM
shrinkingchica - don't worry about it girl, the scale is bound to go down. Look at me, I have been gaining almost this whole time and I finally lost a pound! Hang in there!

gettingsmaller - wow, you are definitely "getting smaller" lol i never noticed how much weight you have lost. you are doing awesome!!! wtg!

shari - come on shari, me and you gotta work on this crap. we, both, have been losing and gaining. I say it's time to start losing for good!!

aimee - how's ur running going?? Laguna Beach is almost over. I think they're on prom over here and soon, it'll be graduation. Oh no, what am I going to do without LB??

courtnie - what's up with you???

SwimGirl
11-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Rosario - congrats on the loss :) almost TWO pounds girl.. good job! I almost died, I thought they cut off MTV completely, but they just changed the channel... phew!!

I am posting a 2 pound gain, thanks to TOM. I should have counted Wednesday, I was down 1 pound then! Oh well.. there is always next week.

Shari - I am no stranger to work crap.. I feel for yah! Hope everything works out.

I have been busy cleaning still, there is SO much to do.. I'm attempting to do my closet today, you can see I am doing a GREAT job. I'm on here instead of having my head stuck in there rearranged and cleaning!

-Aimee

Rosario
11-10-2006, 03:59 PM
ugh...housework sucks!! but somebody's gotta do it!

Robsia
11-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I take it this is the Christmas Challenge thread. Can I join?

I hit my last goal, 152 by my birthday (28th Oct) exactly on the morning of my birthday, which was great. So my next goal is 12 lbs by Christmas, which will take me to my longterm goal.

Down 2.8 already (would have been more but for a bad Halloween). So I have high hopes I can do this.

The danger areas of parties and birthdays are now out of the way and I have a clear run to Christmas. Oh, except the works night out on 15th Dec - forgot about that. I'll just have to be super good beforehand so I have a couple of pounds to play with.

kierr
11-11-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm still stuck at 180-181. Grar! I would LOVE to be under 170 by Christmas, at least. I'm getting married December 30th. I wish I could isolate exactly what it is. Also I know I need to exercise more. that's why I have been quiet anyway, nothing new to report.

sotypical
11-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Just wanted to say, no need to worry about me! I am still here... just been working. Put in 14 hours yesterday - today I am going in for 10 and could be there till tomorrow... this is my first time working on Saturday in over a year and a hafl!

I think the scale is down, well I know it is - just have to hope I can get a weigh in. I am being good... except the cubby chicken and fries I had last night - work brought it in for us hard workers.

Anyway chat with you ladies later (and catch up on reading)

sotypical
11-12-2006, 07:44 AM
i ate so bad today :( and not so great yesterday, I am so mad at myself... but whats a girl to do when she has been at work for..... 32 hours out of the last 47 hours..... um... yah, I am still at work, been here 20hours straight.... who knows when I can leave :(

chips, pop, and chocolate have been my friend - unfortunaly on a holiday and in the middle of the night, there are not a lot of options!

SwimGirl
11-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Courtnie - I don't know how you survived working the entire weekend, I know I couldn't work 12 days straight without a day off, I'd probably die, or cry. Which is why I do when I'm tired.

Well TOM arrived today, which explains the extra weight on WI day, but this morning I got on the scale and it said down 1 pound, go figure, up on friday and down monday. Oh well. It's been a while since TOM has been here, since Sept 4th infact, so I completely forgot about the cramps thing. Ouchies, I've been dying of pain all day. I'm so happy to be home in my pjs :)

So i've said that I cry when I'm tired, well.. I must be tired cuz I cried on and off for like 3 hours today. I had a headache that I just haven't been able to shake for 2 days now (TOM related), so I was planning to stay in bed with hot chocolate and my tv today. Josh went off to work, took the car, and then I got called into work. So that'll put me at 10 days straight, and working 6 days a week for 2 weeks (so far). I can't say no, because my bf has no idea, he just figures I'm at home doing nothing anyways so why not come into work. Plus they put me in a section I know very little about, that plus TOM, and being tired? I spent my break crying. I feel like such a wuss. I just wanted a day off. My next day off will be spent at a WORK wedding, there is no escape. I am definitely regretting working at the same store as my bf. I left work, and left the car, and didnt tell him I was going home. And I won't answer his calls.. I plan to be sleeping when he gets home. I'm mostly just mad at him because I said to him and the store manager that if it wasn't busy that I could go home early (seeing as its my DAY OFF), and they both said no, and bf chimed in saying I need the money. ***.

I'm done venting.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
11-14-2006, 02:44 AM
So my calories for today? This is sick. 636. How does a person do that?!? I cannot eat now because I'm still upset.. bf still has NO clue what it's like being thrown into a job you know nothing about. He's acting all happy and normal. Arse.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
3 posts back to back from me....

I decided to change my goal, no way I was gonna lose 23 pounds by christmas. I changed it to 5 pounds a month, seems more reasonable to me.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
11-16-2006, 02:12 AM
4 posts... nothing eh?

Did I vent too much? I do vent a lot.. mostly because I don't have a ton of friends IRL, especially when I have problems with the bf. Can't really complain to a friend at work when he is their boss. Sorry.

-Aimee

sotypical
11-16-2006, 12:54 PM
i havent been posting becasue I am out of it... i cant even focus on reading these :/

gettingsmaller
11-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I really don't post often. Friday is my weigh in day so I do check in on those days. Today I am extremely bored and am home by myself, so I had to come in here to keep from eating.
Aimee, you definately did not vent to much. That is what this place is for. So we can vent without hurting our loved ones feelings. The only advise I can give is going to be harsh but if I were you I might start looking for a new job where bf is not around all the time. If I were to work with my husband all day I think we would be divorced in less that 6 months.
I might have to change my goal because my weight loss has really slowed down the last couple of weeks. I have changed my routine around a little so I we se tomorrow when I weigh in if I need to change my goal.
Terrie

Rosario
11-16-2006, 03:33 PM
i havent been posting becasue I am out of it... i cant even focus on reading these :/

ditto..... have been waaay out of it....so not really up to posting about my recent failures. but I'll be back to catch up sometime....after all, there are only 5 weeks left for x-mas!!

take care

sotypical
11-16-2006, 04:19 PM
ditto..... have been waaay out of it....so not really up to posting about my recent failures. but I'll be back to catch up sometime....after all, there are only 5 weeks left for x-mas!!

take care

i have been doing good, im just not posting because my stress level is thru the roof, haha

Rosario
11-16-2006, 04:47 PM
sorry....lol I guess I'm the only one who has been bad!!

kierr
11-16-2006, 09:25 PM
I have been bad. I'm so bummed I'm not going to be anywhere near my goal I set months ago to be around 160 by Christmas. :( I mean I still weigh 10 pounds less than I did when I saw my fiance's family in September but I really wanted to wow them when we went back for Christmas. Ah well bleh. I go back in May and maybe by then I'll be like 150, my ultimate goal. Just gotta keep trying, right?

Aimee vent away. Why limit yourself? It's good to get it out. :) I know what you mean about the not many IRL friends, my Fiance is my best friend and pretty much him and my 2 kiddos are the only ones I hang around with IRL! :)

gettingsmaller
11-17-2006, 11:16 AM
I lost 4 lbs. this week. After losing only 1 lb or less the last 3 weeks this feels good. Maybee I will meet my Christmas goal.
Terrie

JasonsLea
11-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone! How are you all doing? I'm doing okay. I'm down to 239, TOM has arrived but I feel good.