Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - October 30/06

Hi everyone.

We had a wild Saturday/Sunday with high winds and rain. Lots of leaves on the ground now - right on target for Hallowe'en and the start of November.

Had to go out and buy more Hallowe'en candy since I ate most of the first batch. Grrr. Tomorrow nite can't come fast enough. I've already decided that I'm bringing any leftovers to a meeting on Thursday to hand out to participants as a reward for showing up. It is not coming back into the house!

How is everyone? Good weekend? Bad weekend? Do tell.

Susan
Old 10-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, thanks for starting the thread. Sounds like nasty weather there. I hear with the candy. I hid ours and hope we get enough kiddies to take it all. If not, it goes to work where the hungry engineers will eat it up. I love the pic--very nice.

My weekend was super busy (as usual of late). On Friday we went to Lowe's and spent beaucoup bucks on items for our bathroom remodeling. It sure adds up quickly. Then we played golf followed by a rehearsal for the next play I'm in.

On Saturday I volunteered at a 5K (did registration, sang the National Anthem, and then did the race results). DH ran it and came in 4th. He was not happy. That day started out horribly--rainy and windy. Then we went to DH's company picnic; it was not raining, but blustery. That night we went to an Oktoberfest party. It was fun--ate too many sweets. The hostess' father was visiting from Germany, so I tried out my rusty German on him. He got all excited and started talking to me so fast--I had to tell him langsam (slow!) I did sing some German beer-drinking songs with him. Funny how I remember those words.

On Sunday, I had rehearsal and then went to a costume party which was really a surprise 40th birthday party. She was surprised. It was very funny.

Pam, I hope you're feeling better.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #3  

Susan sounds like you had the same weather as me this weekend. Rain and high winds with power outages all over the place. We were fortunate and only experienced a few downed tree branches. Yes, my leftover candy is definitely leaving the house on Wednesday. The weekend was OK. We went to a couple of DH's sons hockey games which were fun to watch. Lauren and I went clothes shopping (for her) on Saturday afternoon. That was about it.

Lisa you had a fun weekend. We remodeled our 2 bathrooms a couple of years ago...big bucks indeed! I read the article from your local newspaper that you posted last week..very nice picture of you...red is definitely your color!

Hi to Melissa and lala hope you both had a nice weekend. I'll probably check back in later.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I had a relatively quiet weekend--the weather was like Pam & Susan's...rain, high winds, blustery. We had downed trees but the power outages weren't too bad. They were forecasting a dusting of snow for Sunday but it didn't materialize.

It's gorgeous here today--66 degrees and sunny! I'm sure it's not going to stay but I'll take it while I can!

I had a horrible eating weekend--salt to sweet, back and forth. PMS is evil! DH and I didn't get out to do anything major because the weather was so crappy but it was kind of nice to just kick back

I'll catch up more tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:24 PM   #5  

Hi. Quiet here this week thus far.

I went to the gym yesterday after work and had an excellent workout, despite not feeling energetic. Just proves that if you can get yourself in the door...

Session #3 of mindfulness course went well. The instructure introduced yoga last nite. With that, the meditation and body scan, I should be relaxed enough to face a runaway lion someday

Can't wait for the last of the truck-or-treaters to leave my house tonight so that I can pack up the remaining junk and get it OUT OF MY HOUSE. Seeing as I have maintained my weight over the last four weeks, I calculate that I could have actually LOST 5 lbs if I'd waited and bought the loot today...

Melissa: Don't beat yourself up about the weekend eating. You'll get back to normal once the hormones level off.

Lisa & Pam: I also went through two bathroom renos in my former life. It's tough while you're in the middle of it but the rewards are there in the end.

Hi to lala.

Susan
Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #6  

Hi ladies,

Just a quick fly by for me. I'm off to see the doctor at 2:00. My left arm has been bothering me since I got home from Hawaii. I think I may have injured it while taking my suitcase off the baggage carosel at the airport. I heard a very distinct "crack" in the area of my shoulder when I grabbed the suitcase and have had quite a bit of pain ever since. I've been trying to talk myself into thinking it's getting better but yesterday I began to experience numbness down my arm to my hand. Anyway...time to see the doc.

Hi to everyone and Happy Halloween, stay away from the sweets
Old 10-31-2006, 03:20 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Bonjour y'all,

I'm back from Paris and Brussels.

For the first time in 27 years of going to Paris, I actually had a hotel room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Now, I'll never be able to live without it.

Pam, please go see the doctor. Injuries like that are very important to treat with PT and massage.

Susan - I love your picture.

Lisa - Are you doing your remodel yourself? I love shopping for such fixtures.

Melissa - I had a sweet and bread filled weekend. I can't wait for a salad for lunch.

Well off to wuffle the dog, he has another case of pano in his back paw. he looks miserable.

lala
Old 11-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #8  

lala, bonjour mademoiselle. How nice to have a hotel room with that view. Regarding our bathroom remodel, we have a contractor doing all the work, but we had to go and pick out all the stuff. We will have a Jacuzzi tub which marathon runner DH is looking forward to. Also, my GF suggested a music theme for the bathroom and that has been great fun. I found a sheet music decorated wastebasket, towels, a soapdish, cup and tissue holder all with notes on them. All off the internet; how did we shop in the past...

Pam, ouch, yep doctor needed.

Susan, we only had 13 trick or treaters. We usually have 30-40 of them. I wonder if people aren't allowing their youngsters to go door-to-door anymore.

Leaving early today for a massage (hooray). Tomorrow meet the electrician and work 1/2 day. Friday I took vacation to meet with the plumber.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #9  

Hi ladies,

Beautiful day bright and sunny and in the mid 60's. Wish it would last but it looks like rain tomorrow and much cooler for the weekend. I had about 50 trick or treaters last night so not too much candy remaining. One kid had on the most unusual costume...he was dressed as a bottle of mustard. Didn't get good news from the doctor yesterday. Apparently I have a rotator cuff tear so physical therapy and a visit with an orthopedic doc are in my future.

Lisa enjoy your massage!! I love the music themed bathroom, what a great idea.

lala oohlala a view of the Eiffel Tower...how wonderful! Welcome back..hope Ernest paw is OK.

Hi to Susan and Melissa hope you're both having a good day. Talk to you later!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi everyone!

We had three groups of t&ters, so all that candy is at home. I had five baby ruths for dinner. Very nutritious, non?

Pam - that sucks. Hoping that everything will heal quickly.

Lisa -- I love that idea, very nice as your so musically inclined. I'm thinking you sing in the shower!

Here is a view from my hotel room.

not bad, eh?

Okay, must get to work. I too am on the therapeutic massage regimen. I tell you it does not feel good. I am calling the doctor today to get a PT referral.

getting old sucks, getting old while fat, sucks even more.

Hi to everyone else!

lala
Old 11-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

It is raining here. ernest is not amused.

bbl.

lala
Old 11-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #12  

Hello everyone. Stayed home this morning to meet the electrician and that went well, although more $ than I had estimated in my pea brain. Tomorrow is the plumber; that's a major one, so I'm not coming in to work at all.

Pam, sorry about the rotator cuff. Hopefully you won't need surgery??

lala, yes getting old sucks, but if we take care of ourselves, it's not so bad. La vue est tres bien. I may be going to Paris in March; can't wait.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

I'll take rain over the snow, Lala! The temps have dropped from 39 to 33 this afternoon and at one point it was snowing pretty good! It looks like I'll be using a brush to clean off my car after work!

Pam: Sorry to hear about your shoulder! I pulled mine a number of years ago and went for some therapy and it still bothers me every now and then.

Lisa: Renovations are a pain when you're in the middle of them but once it's done you'll love it! Hang in there!

Susan: You're right about working out--once you're in the door it's not so bad--some days it's just hard getting the motivation to get there! Is the candy gone now??

I had a wonderful half day yesterday--bought a new pair of walking sneakers, a new navy blue blazer and pants, and a pink lace camisole to wear under the jacket. I'm debating on whether I want to wear it to our annual WW Meeting on Sunday--I'll see how I feel.

I was up 1# at WI but it's part TOM and part eating anything that wasn't nailed down along with a couple of meals out that I don't normally do during the week. I bought a book by Mary Shomon on thyroid so we'll see if that sheds a little light. She has a list of low-glycemic vegetables/fruits that are good to eat and a list of higher ones that you should avoid. I'm going to give it a shot this week and see how that goes.

Yesterday I had a great spicy lentil chili from Wegmans (grocery store) for lunch. They have the recipe online so I'm going to try and make it myself. It was really filling and only 3 points for a cup!

Stay warm & dry ladies!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #14  

Hi ladies,

Started off rainy this morning but turned out nice this afternoon with temps in the 60's. Kind of busy at work. One of my coworkers needed to take the week off unexpectedly (family problems) so I'm a little overwhelmed. Did a little clothes shopping last night. I bought a couple of sweaters and was looking for a winter coat but didn't have any luck. Went to dinner at Carrabba's with DH and was pretty good...only one glass of wine with dinner

Melissa It's much too early to be brushing snow off the car. I hope your weather improves. The lentil soup sounds yummy. I'm familiar with Wegmans. I work for a grocery store chain and we've researched how Wegmans operates their stores. They do a nice job.

Lisa Paris in march sounds lovely!

lala hope your rain stops.

Well ladies just me for dinner tonight so I should be able to chock up an OP day. Hope you're all having a good one and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #15  
si, si signora

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Wegmans.

I love Wegmans.

I am up about 1000 lbs. I am not amused. I have two pairs of jeans that fit and I look like a weeble.

I need to buy some new jeans and one new black cashmere sweater.

I like these:

cashmere sweater

jeans:

I just wish I could try them on first. However, my desire to have a less holey black cashmere sweater is killing me.

I have seven black cashmere sweaters, but the one I wear the most is falling apart.

Gosh, I just wish money grew on trees.

Melissa - good buys. I would wear the camisole.

Lisa - at least they showed up!

Pam - yeah on the shopping. Do you ever go to Filenes? I found the best coat at the Big basement last March. I was hoping to the same next month.

Hi to Susan and everyone else...

Off to do some work. I am soo behind.

lala
Closed Thread